Better than Sennheiser Game One for music on PC - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-18-2019, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Better than Sennheiser Game One for music on PC

I'm using a soundblasterx AE-5 for amplification. I'm primarily a gamer but listen to a lot of music as well on my PC, FLAC when possible. I'm okay with having to switch plugs when necessary but would prefer not to.

The game ones with open back are great cans, but I have a feeling there is more to be had. I'm really missing some bass, as it is I have to use the software EQ for my sound preference, which is very warm and bassy. To get what I want out of these game ones I am using far more EQ than I would like. I'm not willing to sacrifice everything else at the expense of strong bass. Any suggestions?

Thanks guys...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-26-2019, 01:37 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr92gp View Post
I'm using a soundblasterx AE-5 for amplification. I'm primarily a gamer but listen to a lot of music as well on my PC, FLAC when possible. I'm okay with having to switch plugs when necessary but would prefer not to.

The game ones with open back are great cans, but I have a feeling there is more to be had. I'm really missing some bass, as it is I have to use the software EQ for my sound preference, which is very warm and bassy. To get what I want out of these game ones I am using far more EQ than I would like. I'm not willing to sacrifice everything else at the expense of strong bass. Any suggestions?

Thanks guys...

Check out the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x or M50xBT, Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 or PCX 550, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro, JBL Live 650BTNC

ADS L710 / KEF Q150 / HIFIMAN HE400i / Martin Logan Dynamo 300
NAD 720Bee / Schiit Modi 3 / Yamaha CD-S300 / XBOX One X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Headphones

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page