Headphone Suggestions for TV/Movie Watching - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-30-2019, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Headphone Suggestions for TV/Movie Watching

I'm looking for some wireless headphones to get so I can enjoy watching TV/Movies using my Samsung KS8000 TV. I have a Denon AVR-S920 Receiver also that is being using with my 5.1 surround sound. I'm just not that knowledgable on what I actually need so I can watch stuff without my kids or guests hearing what I'm watching and in case it has language or anything. I would like something that has good sound, clarity, but I don't want to spend $500 or so either . My range is probably $200 max, preferably less though. Thanks in advance for the feedback!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-01-2019, 12:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 2676 Post(s)
Liked: 2483
You'll want to narrow down your search for closed-back, since open-back has a lot of sound leakage. A few weeks ago I rolled the dice on a pair of ANC wireless headphones, the Eksa E5. They were selling for $70 on Amazon, but there was a 50% off coupon. Reviews looked good, so I ordered. So far I've been very impressed. The ANC isn't on par with the more expensive models from Sony or Bose, but the ANC does make a noticeable difference. The E5 uses Bluetooth 5.0, USB-C charging and up to 60 hours of battery life. The sound quality is really good, with a slight u-shaped frequency response. They are also very comfortable for extended sessions. I've experienced no latency issues with watching videos. They currently aren't the $35 I paid, but if you are an Amazon Prime member they are $43.39. I have a lot of headphones from different price ranges and I would highly recommend the E5. They also come with a nice semi-hard zippered case for storage. If you want to spend more, the Sony XB900N is a great pair of ANC wireless cans, with the ANC being just a step down from the Sony flagship 1000XM3. The XB900N is currently going for around $150.

https://www.amazon.com/EKSA-Bluetoot...tronics&sr=1-3
https://www.amazon.com/Sony-WH-XB900...ER&sr=1-7&th=1

Subs>RBH I-12e, I-12. HSU VTF-15H mk2. Monolith THX 12(x2), THX 10(x2). XTZ 1X12. SVS PB-1000(x2). Speakers>JBL Studio 270/235c/230/225c. Sony CS3/CS8/CS5. QA 3020i/3090Ci, 2020i/2000c. Monolith Cinema 5bs. Polk RTiA1/CSiA4. Other Audio>Sony MDR-Z7m2,V6, XB900n,700,XB32,XB31. Sennheiser HD58X,HD4.50,PC37X. HiFiMAN HE4XX. Philips SHP9500. SIVGA SV004. SA HDTwo. HyperX CloudPS4. TB Elite AtlasAero. LG FH6,RK8,RK7,PK5. HK Onyx Studio4(x2).

Last edited by MIX_MASTER_ICE; 12-01-2019 at 12:42 AM.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-02-2019, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
specific to the Eksa E5, does it require Pairing to work?
How does the Pairing work ?
What I am trying to do is Listen to TV via Bluetooth.. But my TV is old and does not have Bluetooth. So I bought a cheap Bluetooth Transmitter, hooked up the audio out and tried to pair it with a generic Bluetooth earbuds...Then realized --No way to Pair the devices..
The transmitter has no display, Earbuds have no Display..
But each is working perfectly... I can pair the Earbuds to my iphone 6s and it works..
I can see the Transmitter in my iphone Bluetooth settings...
So is it possible to pair the Eksa E5 with any Generic Blutooth Transmitter?
Does Eksa E5 has any display to search for Bluetooth devices..?
Thxs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-03-2019, 12:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 858 Post(s)
Liked: 591
Most Bluetooth receivers do not have a display because they're headphones or speakers and such. Your transmitter should tell you how to pair it with a receiver. Most devices with screens are transmitters - phones, computers, etc. Very few devices with screens are receivers - I have seen a few drivers for computers offer receive, but it's rare. Your transmitter should tell you how to pair it with headphones. Typically you put your headphones in pairing mode first, then the transmitter and they pair with the first headphone they find
post #5 of 5 Old 12-03-2019, 09:06 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thx...
I followed the manufacturers instructions ....
But head phone is not paired...
thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Headphones

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page