Can't get TV audio out of wireless headphones / Picking up another signal - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-13-2020, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Can't get TV audio out of wireless headphones / Picking up another signal

Hello, all. I am having the strangest problem at the moment

So I decide to buy a pair of Sennheiser RS 120 wireless headphones so I can have some privacy and also listen at night (I don't use my TV for cable, just BluRay/DVDs, Netflix and Vudu). As my Samsung TV (model no. LN32D403E4DXZA) has no audio output, it was recommended that I buy an HDMI converter box and use that to connect to my TV. It worked great for years and when we moved, I hooked it right back up, no problem.
Fast forward to about a week ago. I got a Roku for Christmas and I just wanted to hook it up to see how it worked. Anyway, I unplugged everything to see how to set up my Roku, but I'm not quite ready to stop using the BluRay player completely. So I hook everything back up... and I can't use the headphones to hear audio anymore.

The audio is coming out of the TV speakers now, instead of the headphones. Try as I might, I can't get audio out of them. At least, audio from my BluRay player. Recently, I think I've been picking up TV or radio audio, but it's audio from a program that isn't even currently being viewed on any of the TVs in the house.

I've moved cords around, switched plugs, unplugged everything and plugged it back in. I've looked for menu options on my remotes (I know on some TVs, you have to mute the speaker audio to get audio out of the headphones). Nothing works, and I don't even know what I did wrong.

I was able to connect the headphones to my PC and got audio out of that, so I have no idea what is happening.

I know on some TVs there is an option to mute the TV audio to get audio from an outside source, but I can't find anything like that on my remotes and I'm pretty sure once you hook up headphones, it automatically mutes the TV's speakers.

I'm at my wit's end, I can't afford a new TV and I don't want to get rid of all my DVDs and BluRays.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Headphones

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page