Sennheiser RS160 vs RS175: Compare using "Zone 2" hookup? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-09-2020, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Sennheiser RS160 vs RS175: Compare using "Zone 2" hookup?

I need to listen to "reasonable" sound with wireless headphones (not BT) while sound will still come thru the speakers of my 5.1 set up. The choice that I have with my Yamaha TRS 7850 is hook the headphone receiver to the back of my 7850's RCA jacks and select Zone 2 (all sound is handled by the 7850 and I can't/don't want to use the TV). I am considering two headphones with wide spread in cost, but don't know if the cost difference will be worth it. One phone is the Sennheiser RS160 (at about $90) and the other is the Sennheiser 175 (at about $280). I'm not an audiophile, but would like to be able to capture the "fullest" sound given without overspending. In other words, I'm looking for the best sound for the buck between these two phones. BTW, I am already using the 160's directly hooked into an LG C8 (no AVR associated with this arrangement). The sound is good, So, a few questions:

1. There will be times when listening/watching by myself and I can use the 7850's headphone jack: Considering either phone, will the sound be better,worse, same when compared to the RCA/Zone 2 hook up?
2. Will the 175 truly give me a better sound experience than that of the 160? Is the advertised surround sound function of the 175 worth it?

Thanks for your hep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Headphones

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page