AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Headphones (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/378-headphones/)
-   -   Looking for good headset for use with PlayStation 4 that won't cost me over $100. (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/378-headphones/3131436-looking-good-headset-use-playstation-4-wont-cost-me-over-100-a.html)

Firesquid 03-23-2020 01:31 PM

Looking for good headset for use with PlayStation 4 that won't cost me over $100.
 
As the topic title says, I'm looking for a headset to use with the PlayStation 4. Something that is good, but doesn't cost more than $100. It also needs to be compatible with the PlayStation 4 Slim. So that means no headsets that require optical out.

I've read a lot of stuff online about people complaining that their headsets are not loud enough when used on the PlayStation 4, even with all settings at max. I would like a headset that can get nice and loud on the PS4. I'm fine with either a wired or wireless set, as long as the lag/latency on the wireless set is low enough so that you don't even notice it at all, even when playing fast paced games. I'm not going to be using the headset for watching movies or listening to music, this will be a headset I use strictly for gaming on the PlayStation 4. It also needs to be comfortable to wear for long gaming sessions. What are some recommendations that would meet my needs?

Vankyo 04-24-2020 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firesquid (Post 59402176)
As the topic title says, I'm looking for a headset to use with the PlayStation 4. Something that is good, but doesn't cost more than $100. It also needs to be compatible with the PlayStation 4 Slim. So that means no headsets that require optical out.

I've read a lot of stuff online about people complaining that their headsets are not loud enough when used on the PlayStation 4, even with all settings at max. I would like a headset that can get nice and loud on the PS4. I'm fine with either a wired or wireless set, as long as the lag/latency on the wireless set is low enough so that you don't even notice it at all, even when playing fast paced games. I'm not going to be using the headset for watching movies or listening to music, this will be a headset I use strictly for gaming on the PlayStation 4. It also needs to be comfortable to wear for long gaming sessions. What are some recommendations that would meet my needs?

You may consider Vankyo CM7000 Pro PS4 Gaming Headset.

7.1 Surround sound & 50mm speaker driver. Noise canceling microphone & in-line controller.

Radio81 04-28-2020 11:30 AM

Surround and wireless via USB (no optical) and under $100 I'd go with the Turtle Beach Stealth 600, Sony Gold, or the Astro A20 when you can find it on sale. I don't know how loud you like it. None of the wireless options get near as loud and clear as my wired setup of a mixamp and open-back headphones.

I can't recommend anything wired without also running a headphone amp. Just my opinion, but I play online several times per week in party chat and really need something with a chat/volume mix. The wireless headsets I've listed above all have chatmix adjustments. There might be some decent USB headset options, but I've never looked into them.

MIX_MASTER_ICE 04-28-2020 06:28 PM

If you want a headset and a pair of wireless headphones, this is what I would recommend.


Mpow H18 headphones $29.99. https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Cancelli...8123252&sr=8-2



Boom Microphone $27.99. https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Boom-Mi...cs&sr=1-2&th=1


The H18 headphones get loud and have great bass output. I have some gaming headsets and this combo is as good or better than anything else I've encountered at this price. When you kick on the ANC on the headphones they get even louder, clearer and crisper. Great for gaming and not bad at all for a budget wireless headphone. The boom mic I linked to, IMO, is better than the V-Moda Boom Pro. Great clarity, output and no echo or anything else negative. I personally use this combo on PS4 and you'll have no issues with them lacking in volume level.

Radio81 04-28-2020 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE (Post 59564710)
If you want a headset and a pair of wireless headphones, this is what I would recommend.


Mpow H18 headphones $29.99. https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Cancelli...8123252&sr=8-2



Boom Microphone $27.99. https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Boom-Mi...cs&sr=1-2&th=1


The H18 headphones get loud and have great bass output. I have some gaming headsets and this combo is as good or better than anything else I've encountered at this price. When you kick on the ANC on the headphones they get even louder, clearer and crisper. Great for gaming and not bad at all for a budget wireless headphone. The boom mic I linked to, IMO, is better than the V-Moda Boom Pro. Great clarity, output and no echo or anything else negative. I personally use this combo on PS4 and you'll have no issues with them lacking in volume level.

Did you experience any echo with the V-Moda Boom Pro? I'm getting a bit of echo in mine and looking at getting the mic you linked or a modmic.

helvetica bold 04-28-2020 07:16 PM

I own Hyper Cloud X, reasonably priced and excellent quality.

https://www.hyperxgaming.com/us/head...eadset-for-ps4

heek br 04-29-2020 09:01 AM

If it can be useful i own the Playstation Wireless Head Set 2.0, it's not a product released this year but it was developed about 2 years ago. It has very good sound, you can use with the PS4 app: headset companion. I suggest it if you can buy some used article in online markets. bye

MIX_MASTER_ICE 04-30-2020 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radio81 (Post 59564834)
Did you experience any echo with the V-Moda Boom Pro? I'm getting a bit of echo in mine and looking at getting the mic you linked or a modmic.


Occasionally I did. The one I linked to has a very clear and natural sound to it, more so than the V-Moda Boom Pro. I was actually quite surprised at just how good a mic it turned out to be. What's cool is they offer different connector models other than just standard 3.5mm to suit other types of headphones that don't use standard 3.5mm, like Bose and Sennheiser. I guess this boom mic has proven popular, because when I bought it last year it was $19.99 and has since seen a price increase.

paza 05-04-2020 12:20 PM

Hyper Cloud X is fine for PS4.
I personally use broadcast headphones BayerDynamic, connected to audio interface, but thats more costly option.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.