DALI iO-6 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones Review - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
  • 1 Post By Mattopotamus
  • 1 Post By head_unit
  • 2 Post By johnplayerson
  • 1 Post By Vankyo

post #1 of 7 Old 03-25-2020, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 58
DALI iO-6 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones Review

Danish Audiophile Loudspeaker Industries aka DALI is known for its high-performance speakers. Now the company offers premium full-sized adaptive noise canceling headphones to compete with the likes of Sony, Bose, Bowers and Wilkins and others. The DALI iO-6’s $500 MSRP puts them at the high end price wise compared to the most popular competition, so let’s see it these cans are worth the $$$.

Click here to read the review...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-25-2020, 09:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 79
How does the Sony compare to the Bose Quietcomfort 35 for noise cancellation? My old Bose QC15 has died and Bose gave me a upgrade to the 35 for a nominal charge.

For many years, the QC15 were the best in noise cancellation. I only use these headphones when I fly in airplanes
post #3 of 7 Old 03-26-2020, 03:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2149 Post(s)
Liked: 2259
Quote:
Originally Posted by easycruise View Post
How does the Sony compare to the Bose Quietcomfort 35 for noise cancellation? My old Bose QC15 has died and Bose gave me a upgrade to the 35 for a nominal charge.

For many years, the QC15 were the best in noise cancellation. I only use these headphones when I fly in airplanes
Simply the best. The Sony ANC is better than anyone else (owned both).

These sound DOA. The price and worse ANC make them a pass. Glad you mentioned comfort in your review. With international flying, the Sony’s seem to be the only ones I can wear for 8+ hours without discomfort. I haven’t tried to updated B&W, but i have the PX and they get pretty uncomfortable a few hours in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 03-30-2020, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 37
"....make that noise appear to disappear."? Great review though. I never thought of it, but I think you're on to something regarding the round earcups, they'll have to be much bigger to encompass the whole ear, which would probably mean they won't seal behind the ear, which will defeat the purpose of noise cancelling, but these do look super nice.

I own a couple of Sennheiser 'phones and the oval shape does make it easier to forget that you're wearing them.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-31-2020, 07:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 738 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by hk2000 View Post
round cups...bigger...won't seal behind the ear, which will defeat the purpose of noise cancelling
Good point! I've been trying different headphones, and round cups definitely make them huger when packed. I gotta hand it to Bose, nothing more compact in a case than my QC25 so far. And some of those big cups do not seal well at the back as you say.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-07-2020, 02:14 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Like many, I find the price point of noise cancelling headphones pretty high. I recall literally 15 to 20 years ago yet, listening to Bose noise cancelling headphones, and they were very good way back then at cancelling exterior noise. Being an akg k702 owner, I already have a fairly decent pair of headphones that are not noise canceling. I was looking around to try a noise cancelling pair , but had no intention to spend some 300 to 500 on them.

I ended up buying some Boldtune on Amazon for 57.00 CAD. Limited time special. For 57 bucks, not only do they do a pretty good job at noise cancelling, have a great charge time and length, but they actually mimick the look of the new bose.

AVSCIENCE.COM. topic = 459.60
A Good amplifier requires a adequate power supply, It does not matter what the amplifier is capable of if the power supply will not provide the power required. Most amplifiers have under rated power supplies. It is up to you to make sure you get the ones that are least under rated if at all.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-16-2020, 08:31 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I have a QC30, noise cancellation is not best but comfortable to wear. But this one looks nice too, will be next queue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Headphones

Tags
active noise cancelling , dali io-6 , headphones

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page