Optical audio out issues (headphones?) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-03-2020, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Optical audio out issues (headphones?)

I cannot be the only one with this problem. Recently we bought a Samsung Series 5 (N5200) TV which ONLY has a optical audio out. There is no other way to get audio out to a peripheral other than this optical plug. No problem right? I'll just buy headphones with an optical audio plug. They don't exist. You have to buy a converter. Two failed attempts at converters later and I'm ready to throw this TV out on the street. Even willing to get a sound bar that has an RCA or 3/4 inch plug to jack my headphones into and they apparently don't exist either.

I'm looking for a solution, there must be one. If you tell me to get a converter (again) please tell me with one's you know work because so far I've tried these two (below) and neither of the converters work. I know the optical out on the TV works because I do have a sound bar (sans headphone jack) which DOES work.

amazon. com/gp/product/B0119OKOJC

amazon. com/gp/product/B07G25JSZG (this came with a converter that doesn't work - the head phones work we test them on our sterio)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-03-2020, 09:06 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Set the audio out on the Samsung tv settings to PCM.

A quick search also suggests this:

Sound > Expert Settings, HDMI Input Audio Format must be PCM instead of the default Bitstream
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Headphones

Tags
headphones , optical audio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page