Stand alone LDAC transmitter? Anyone? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Roseval

post #1 of 6 Old 04-28-2020, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter
EAS
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Stand alone LDAC transmitter? Anyone?

Is there such a thing as a stand alone bluetooth LDAC transmitter? I'm looking for a solution for a new media room setup. Already purchased a Marantz 6014 (which does not support LDAC).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-28-2020, 11:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 928 Post(s)
Liked: 662
What's the headphones like? Because if they support aptX it is much easier to find than LDAC.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-29-2020, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter
EAS
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worf View Post
What's the headphones like? Because if they support aptX it is much easier to find than LDAC.

For sure AptX support is easier to find. Lots of great options. I'm trying to find the best possible option with many good fallback options.

I have FiiO BTR5 and EarStudio ES100's. Various headphones all over the quality scale. Both of those support LDAC. I used these at work and with phones, but now that I'm home and building a new media room I'd like to attempt integrating them for late evening viewing and listening with the family in the next rooms.

So far it looks like the odd option is to buy a $500 Sony AVR that supports LDAC simply to support bluetooth. Out of the Marantz and into the Sony. I'd prefer something less brute force and bulky of anything exists. Its possible that Sony just doesn't licensing it for transmitters. Searches turn up surprisingly little.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-30-2020, 06:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAS View Post
So far it looks like the odd option is to buy a $500 Sony AVR that supports LDAC simply to support bluetooth.
Indeed brute force.
You can probably connect only 1 headphone to it.
If the intention is to listen with others, you probably need 1 per family member....

For a single user the solution might be a android phone.
Android 8 support LDAC
You can get media players sporting UPnP.
This allows you to connect to the Marantz (Heos does support UPnP as far as I know), pull the content over the WiFi in full resolution then from the mobile to the headphone over LDAC.
But you might wonder if SBC or APTX is such an audiophile crime (basically 320 kbs MP3) to justify the trouble and the expense.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-30-2020, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter
EAS
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseval View Post
Indeed brute force.
You can probably connect only 1 headphone to it.
If the intention is to listen with others, you probably need 1 per family member....

For a single user the solution might be a android phone.
Android 8 support LDAC
You can get media players sporting UPnP.
This allows you to connect to the Marantz (Heos does support UPnP as far as I know), pull the content over the WiFi in full resolution then from the mobile to the headphone over LDAC.
But you might wonder if SBC or APTX is such an audiophile crime (basically 320 kbs MP3) to justify the trouble and the expense.

Yea, this is looking like less of a reasonable option and the lesser options are probably more than adequate. Interesting to investigate though. Thanks for taking the time to think through some creative solutions.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-30-2020, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Maybe this link is of use, imho all you need to know about BT: https://habr.com/en/post/456182/

success!
EAS likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Headphones

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page