Comparable wired headphones to wireless headphones? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-23-2020, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Comparable wired headphones to wireless headphones?

Hi all,

So I spent a lot of time researching and landed on the Shure Aonic 50 for my first foray into nice headphones.

I WAS thinking I was going to go wireless. Then as I started examining how I was listening at home and I think I may want to go wired. My question is not really a recommendation for wired headphones per se...

But if I'm going to spend $400 on headphones, am I getting better audio quality out of $400 wired cans because they don't have all the electronics of a $400 wireless set? (Noise cancellation is not important to me) Another way of looking at it is could I spend less money on wired headphones to get the equivalent audio quality I would be getting out of a pair of $400 wireless ones?

Does that make sense?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-24-2020, 02:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 838 Post(s)
Liked: 735
Wired will be better period. Several Choices for 400. I'm a fan of Sennheiser. I have the 650HD cans. I like them a lot. I also have the 800s, but those are way expensive and I can tell you for the cost the 650s are 90% of the 800S cans. Invest in a 15ft grado extension cord and you'll have plenty of room to move around if you are using these in the living room for music and movies. My headphones are open back which is my preference. Others may chime in for closed back options. You might head over to headfi.org and sift through that site. Many reviews posted there of all makes of headphones and headphone amps. Headphone discussions on AVS is an after thought.

Supercharged Song Towers, Oppo BDP-203, Anthem MRX-520, LG B6 OLED
Headphone Rig: Oppo BDP-95, Burson Audio Soloist MKII Headphone amp/ Sennheiser HD800S, Sennheiser HD650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Headphones

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page