Best full sized passive noise isolation headphone WITH active noise cancellation? (Un - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By snkadh
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 06-24-2020, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Best full sized passive noise isolation headphone WITH active noise cancellation? (Un

I do quite a decent amount of walking and it's mainly in neighborhoods. Sometimes though there are people mowing, using edge trimmers, blowing by in really loud cars, motorcycles, etc. and I can hear it and it bothers me with my current headphones (Monoprice 8323 stock). I know those don't block enough to prevent hearing damage.



I do not like IEM's. I've been looking up and it seems like passive noise isolating headphones are better for medium pitch to high pitch noises and active noise cancellation is best for low to lower middle pitched noise.



So I was wondering what is the best headphone that has a combination of the two for under $100? Even if the SQ is lower should I also maybe look into those hearing protection headphones like the WorkTunes from 3M and such as well?



Thank you very much.
Bikozi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 Old 06-24-2020, 04:06 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikozi View Post
I do quite a decent amount of walking and it's mainly in neighborhoods. Sometimes though there are people mowing, using edge trimmers, blowing by in really loud cars, motorcycles, etc. and I can hear it and it bothers me with my current headphones (Monoprice 8323 stock). I know those don't block enough to prevent hearing damage.



I do not like IEM's. I've been looking up and it seems like passive noise isolating headphones are better for medium pitch to high pitch noises and active noise cancellation is best for low to lower middle pitched noise.



So I was wondering what is the best headphone that has a combination of the two for under $100? Even if the SQ is lower should I also maybe look into those hearing protection headphones like the WorkTunes from 3M and such as well?



Thank you very much.
look at the Anker Soundcore Q20's. Seem to be all the rage right now
jaybo666 is offline  
post #3 of 5 Old 07-02-2020, 02:06 AM
Member
 
snkadh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 3
If the primary concern is Noise Cancellation better to use Bose QC. Only problem is their build quality. I used to have QC15 and QC25, but both of them became silent after using 2 years. After that I have stopped buying Bose. Don't know about the build quality of newer one. But their noise cancellation is superb.
snkadh is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 5 Old 07-04-2020, 08:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by snkadh View Post
If the primary concern is Noise Cancellation better to use Bose QC. Only problem is their build quality. I used to have QC15 and QC25, but both of them became silent after using 2 years. After that I have stopped buying Bose. Don't know about the build quality of newer one. But their noise cancellation is superb.
I recently purchased a set of the Sony Wh1000xm3's for $250. Very impressed with them. I hear Bose has better phone call clarity, but I don't use my HP's for that. Sony's for the win
jaybo666 is offline  
post #5 of 5 Old 07-09-2020, 05:25 AM
Member
 
snkadh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo666 View Post
I recently purchased a set of the Sony Wh1000xm3's for $250. Very impressed with them. I hear Bose has better phone call clarity, but I don't use my HP's for that. Sony's for the win
Wh1000xm3 is indeed a good headphone. I have auditioned one couple of days back and it seems good.
Postmoderndesign likes this.
snkadh is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Headphones

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off