Best full sized passive noise isolation headphone WITH active noise cancellation? (Un - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By snkadh

post #1 of 5 Old 06-24-2020, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Best full sized passive noise isolation headphone WITH active noise cancellation? (Un

I do quite a decent amount of walking and it's mainly in neighborhoods. Sometimes though there are people mowing, using edge trimmers, blowing by in really loud cars, motorcycles, etc. and I can hear it and it bothers me with my current headphones (Monoprice 8323 stock). I know those don't block enough to prevent hearing damage.

I do not like IEM's. I've been looking up and it seems like passive noise isolating headphones are better for medium pitch to high pitch noises and active noise cancellation is best for low to lower middle pitched noise.

So I was wondering what is the best headphone that has a combination of the two for under $100? Even if the SQ is lower should I also maybe look into those hearing protection headphones like the WorkTunes from 3M and such as well?

Thank you very much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-24-2020, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikozi View Post
I do quite a decent amount of walking and it's mainly in neighborhoods. Sometimes though there are people mowing, using edge trimmers, blowing by in really loud cars, motorcycles, etc. and I can hear it and it bothers me with my current headphones (Monoprice 8323 stock). I know those don't block enough to prevent hearing damage.

I do not like IEM's. I've been looking up and it seems like passive noise isolating headphones are better for medium pitch to high pitch noises and active noise cancellation is best for low to lower middle pitched noise.

So I was wondering what is the best headphone that has a combination of the two for under $100? Even if the SQ is lower should I also maybe look into those hearing protection headphones like the WorkTunes from 3M and such as well?

Thank you very much.
look at the Anker Soundcore Q20's. Seem to be all the rage right now
post #3 of 5 Old 07-02-2020, 02:06 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 3
If the primary concern is Noise Cancellation better to use Bose QC. Only problem is their build quality. I used to have QC15 and QC25, but both of them became silent after using 2 years. After that I have stopped buying Bose. Don't know about the build quality of newer one. But their noise cancellation is superb.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-04-2020, 08:56 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by snkadh View Post
If the primary concern is Noise Cancellation better to use Bose QC. Only problem is their build quality. I used to have QC15 and QC25, but both of them became silent after using 2 years. After that I have stopped buying Bose. Don't know about the build quality of newer one. But their noise cancellation is superb.
I recently purchased a set of the Sony Wh1000xm3's for $250. Very impressed with them. I hear Bose has better phone call clarity, but I don't use my HP's for that. Sony's for the win
post #5 of 5 Old 07-09-2020, 05:25 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo666 View Post
I recently purchased a set of the Sony Wh1000xm3's for $250. Very impressed with them. I hear Bose has better phone call clarity, but I don't use my HP's for that. Sony's for the win
Wh1000xm3 is indeed a good headphone. I have auditioned one couple of days back and it seems good.
Postmoderndesign likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Headphones

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page