Argosy HV335T - Anyone know anything? - Page 17 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #481 of 584 Old 05-29-2012, 05:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by animaX View Post

problem solved. i upgraded my FM and now working. ty m8

Hi, what version are you using now? I have same issue with some mkvs.
Tks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 584 Old 05-31-2012, 05:04 PM

Hello,

My setup is Argosy to AVR and AVR to HDTV. When play Mkvs I watching them with those black bars (bottom and top). I have long time without play Mkvs but
I'm pretty sure that before I don't have those bars.

How can I do to watch full screen? The only option I see is to zoom the picture but is not the solution.

Any help?

Tks
post #483 of 584 Old 06-20-2012, 02:22 AM

Hi folks,

Can someone advise the specs of the supplied screws to be used to hold the internal HDD.

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #484 of 584 Old 06-20-2012, 07:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 301
Standard HDD screws supplied in most retail boxed HDD's and easily found in bulk at most electronics stores. I'm sorry but I don't know the diameter & thread, but I know 'em when I see 'em.

Denon AVR-x3400H, Polk LsiM703's, 704c, 702f/x's, some Klipsch subs. Bedroom: Lsi9's, AVR-S930H
I once cried because I had no Atmos, until I met a man who had no stereo
post #485 of 584 Old 06-21-2012, 01:39 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Possible Argosy ATSC DVR?

Fifteen months ago, I asked Argosy if they would produce an ATSC version of the DVB-T dual-tuner DVR they were selling in Europe and a few of the other former PAL countries. They replied that they had no time-schedule for doing it and would notify me when it was available. No word from them yet. Any more news about this that is known? In the meantime I got a TViX DVR, which works very well, but the manufacturer has ceased production and it doesn't appear to have any future.
post #486 of 584 Old 06-21-2012, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I don't think the HV-366T ever came out either, did it?
post #487 of 584 Old 06-22-2012, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingher View Post

I don't think the HV-366T ever came out either, did it?

Hmmmm ....... this http://*******.com/72dxnop may go someway towards explaining Argosy's relative inactivity. Year on year $figures down over 50% as of January of this year.
post #488 of 584 Old 06-22-2012, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNo! View Post

Hmmmm ....... this http://*******.com/72dxnop may go someway towards explaining Argosy's relative inactivity. Year on year $figures down over 50% as of January of this year.

This is the link behind the *******: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-02-09/argosy-research-january-sales-fall-50-38-table-3217-tt.html
post #489 of 584 Old 06-23-2012, 06:47 AM

Hi Guys
I tried to create my own "super mod" where I unpacked the firmware, Changed it and repacked....
Tried to install the new firmware but after the flash all that occurs is the blue light flashing and the "welcome screen".
Does anyone know how the reset the firmware or what to do to go back to "before" ???

My changes in the mod was enabling of Pandora and adding some usernames and passwords to Youtube account and Metafeeds.

Thanks in advance.
post #490 of 584 Old 06-24-2012, 03:33 AM

Generally one shouldn't reply to own posts smile.gif
But i after a short while i realized that my problem was similar to MikeH69..... i just didn't understand the "Bricked/Unbricked" part.... but it turned out to be the same as my "problem"

Followed the guide from nymsc option 2) and was able the flash with firmware 2.37 mod version sucessfully.

So now im back online wih my HV335T and i realize that my "problem" is most likely due the same "error" when repacking the image MikeH69.

So maybe MikeH69 has some updates on how to repack with success ?

Also i would be nice to know how nymsc does the trick so maybe you could update us as well ??
post #491 of 584 Old 07-09-2012, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 12
New version in argosy usa webpage.

Fixed D2.40 YouTube video compatibility issue
http://www.argosyusa.com/download/Firmware/HV335T_Flash_D2.40.zip

But I don't know real difference compare to 2.37, cause I think the youtube error was already fixed.

Thanks if anybody could make the mod to enable telnet (or tell me how to do it)!
post #492 of 584 Old 07-10-2012, 04:36 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninguno View Post

But I don't know real difference compare to 2.37, cause I think the youtube error was already fixed.
Thanks if anybody could make the mod to enable telnet (or tell me how to do it)!
I'm very surprised Argosy has released another official firmware update. I do wonder why the jump from 2.36/2.37 to 2.40. That seems a bit odd to me. In any event I'm happy there is at least one person at Argosy still keeping the firmware up to date. Who knows maybe Argosy will eventually release another media player, maybe one with the SMP8672 chip in it since Realtek is out of the media player market now. One thing Argosy did well was put out an affordable media player. I would hope we eventually see something new from them but with the current market you just don't know. Many companies have closed shop.
post #493 of 584 Old 07-10-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe citizen View Post

I'm very surprised Argosy has released another official firmware update. I do wonder why the jump from 2.36/2.37 to 2.40. That seems a bit odd to me. In any event I'm happy there is at least one person at Argosy still keeping the firmware up to date. Who knows maybe Argosy will eventually release another media player, maybe one with the SMP8672 chip in it since Realtek is out of the media player market now. One thing Argosy did well was put out an affordable media player. I would hope we eventually see something new from them but with the current market you just don't know. Many companies have closed shop.

Yes it's good to see that Argosy is still maintining it, even if it's a little, cause the hv335t is a great player.

And I think the UI and features could still be improve although it's an old player, but we would need volunteers and an open firmware wink.gif
post #494 of 584 Old 07-11-2012, 06:10 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

Yes it's good to see that Argosy is still maintining it, even if it's a little, cause the hv335t is a great player.
ATnd I think the UI and features could still be improve although it's an old player, but we would need volunteers and an open firmware wink.gif

Thanks for spotting the firmware update Ninguno. I had actually stopped checking for updates some time ago figuring that Argosy no longer supported the HV335T.
post #495 of 584 Old 07-11-2012, 09:44 AM

Well, I send yesterday some suggestions to the support team for improving the firmware, here they are.

1) Posibility to search files by name (especially video files), maybe adding a keyboard like the wifi settings could do the work?

2) Make the list of files "circular" to improve scrolling, so when you are in the last file, if you make another move down, it will scroll to the first file (and the same if your ar the first file and move up, it would go to the last one). Same thing for the page scrolling with the fast forward/rewind function.

3) Option to turn off file info in the left bottom corner. With some files I see that the media player brings some content of the file (ie file size). But the player takes some time to aquire this info, so if you are scrolling, the scroll slows notoriously. If we have the option to turn this off, it will have the normal speed, and maybe we could use the info button of the remote to aquire this info.

They told me that 2) and 3) should be easy, and the the RD team may do them with D2.41 1) is more difficult so it should bet later after 2.41.

Maybe if you have more suggestions we could send it to them!
post #496 of 584 Old 07-11-2012, 05:08 PM

I can't imagine they would do too much more work on the HV335t considering it has been dropped. Maybe if one of their firmware guys has nothing else to do or just decides to update the firmware on their own maybe we see a couple more updates.
post #497 of 584 Old 07-11-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:

And I think the UI and features could still be improve although it's an old player, but we would need volunteers and an open firmware wink.gif
Realtek would have to open source their SDK and even then I think it would be hard to get a lot of interest in the player. As I've mentioned before, it wouldnt take a lot to beef up the UI on the HV335t. If the HV335t firmware could just pull up a "background.jpg" while browsing movies, it would be a big addition. I dont think we will see it however. If users want a sub $150 media player with robust UI they will probably have to wait until the Sigma 8672 media players with turnkey XBMC come out. The 8672 chip start shipping this month so it wont be long until we start seeing affordable media players with very nice UI's. It doesnt help any of us with the HV335T but its nice to know those players are coming. It would be nice to see Argosy get back in the media player market and release one.
post #498 of 584 Old 07-14-2012, 04:52 PM

Of course! But well, they release a minor version some days ago, so i'll give them credit to release a new one wink.gif
post #499 of 584 Old 07-18-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:

Thank you for the heads up!

I installed it last night and found out the "More IMS" feature is now gone. I noticed for the last two weeks or so the Chinese channels under there stopped working and I was hoping an update will fix it; but instead it's now totally gone frown.gif Hope someone will bring it back soon? wink.gif
post #500 of 584 Old 07-19-2012, 03:39 AM

We'll have to put out a group-wide shout for Nymsc, who is the mod-generator par excellence for the HV335T.
So .... Oi!

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
post #501 of 584 Old 07-26-2012, 06:29 PM

Hi all
Here is my 2.40 Mod install.img for HV335T, again not much change from before, just remove two broken link in “More IMS”, replaced VTuner icon, I don’t see any different from 2.37 but it is some change in Dvdplayer from Argosy.

Also here is the program “ make-squashfs” for who want to make your own Mod for install.img, first unrar “make-squashfs.rar” to a folder then copy install.img to same folder and double kick “open-unsquashfs.bat” soon later you have two more folder the “install” and “squashfs-root” create by software then use “notepad++” to edit the xml files in “squashfs-root\usr\local\bin” and rss file in scripts folder, after complete change double kick “make-squashfs.bat” soon later a new install.img will create by software now you can put new install.img file to usb pen drive test in your box, if the new Mod cause your box 'bricked' you can follow my post at post#466 to unbrick the box with good firmware .

My firmware already telnet enable but if you have hard drive installed you need to enable "samba" and "bit tor ent" in setup before can use telnet.

use this firmware at your own risk.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/8slk8h367nf/n/install_img
http://www.filefactory.com/file/3i8t7xsisdm9/n/make-squashfs_rar

Sorry for my limited English, good luck.
f1vefour likes this.
post #502 of 584 Old 07-27-2012, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymsc View Post

Hi all
Here is my 2.40 Mod install.img for HV335T, again not much change from before, just remove two broken link in “More IMS”, replaced VTuner icon, I don’t see any different from 2.37 but it is some change in Dvdplayer from Argosy.
Also here is the program “ make-squashfs” for who want to make your own Mod for install.img, first unrar “make-squashfs.rar” to a folder then copy install.img to same folder and double kick “open-unsquashfs.bat” soon later you have two more folder the “install” and “squashfs-root” create by software then use “notepad++” to edit the xml files in “squashfs-root\usr\local\bin” and rss file in scripts folder, after complete change double kick “make-squashfs.bat” soon later a new install.img will create by software now you can put new install.img file to usb pen drive test in your box, if the new Mod cause your box 'bricked' you can follow my post at post#466 to unbrick the box with good firmware .
My firmware already telnet enable but if you have hard drive installed you need to enable "samba" and "bit tor ent" in setup before can use telnet.

Wow nymsc, thank you very much for the update!

As the support team told me, the only change in D2.40 was a youtube fix.
Regards!
post #503 of 584 Old 07-27-2012, 06:11 PM

Hi there! This is very much appreciated ..... all of it. Thanks again, nymsc & cheers.
post #504 of 584 Old 08-01-2012, 12:41 AM

Quote:

Hi all

Hi there Nymsc !
I've just seen what you mean by "just remove two broken link in “More IMS”". In fact these links to Metafeeds are not actually broken. Rather they seem to be down for some timeslots during the day. I can confirm that at 0715GMT/UTC on Aug 1st both were working on my other Argosy (still on your earlier mod). I particularly use the TED Talks in HD ,under Miro, under Metafeeds.

Cheers now ....................... O.
post #505 of 584 Old 08-01-2012, 09:16 PM

Dear NYMSC, I'd like to get a hold of the .37 modded F/W you had at the FileFactory site. It's not there...available for downloading it...anymore. I feel it's more complete than the .40 you posted last week. Misplaced it, can't find it, shoot! Can you or somebody else help me with that? Thanks in advance!
post #506 of 584 Old 08-02-2012, 03:30 PM

Ok , I add more Metafeed channel to "More IMS" back on this 2.40 install.img but i don.t test all link I just get this rss information from Metafeed website.

use this firmware at your own risk. http://www.filefactory.com/file/671o3d0hzqgn/n/install_img
post #507 of 584 Old 08-03-2012, 06:56 AM

Hi nymsc

Two questions:

1) the latest firmware you released is that the 2.40 or the 2.37 which sw_ler is asking for ?
If its the 2.37 version then i cant get the previous 2.40 link to work no longer.

2) the Telnet access could that be used to edit the rss information etc meaning there is no need to use squashfs.rar ?
post #508 of 584 Old 08-03-2012, 10:23 AM

NYMSC: Thanks for posting that D2.40-modded file for me and the rest of the tribe! To be on the safe side, I went back to 2.1c, default, then your latest modded file, default, my settings.....

Working fine in 1 Argosy HT335V and 1 Viewsonic VMP71. In case somebody is not aware, same thing, they are nearly identical and have always taken the very same F/W updates so far.

Have a nice weekend everyone.
post #509 of 584 Old 08-03-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:

Ok , I add more Metafeed channel to "More IMS" back on this 2.40 install.img but i don.t test all link I just get this rss information from Metafeed website.
use this firmware at your own risk. http://www.filefactory.com/file/671o3d0hzqgn/n/install_img

Cool ..... Many thanks..!
post #510 of 584 Old 09-08-2012, 05:11 PM

Hi! I have an mkv with internal subtitles and when playing with argosy hv335t, they look rather awful, with a tiny green font. Anyone knows if there is any way to change this?
Do I have to reencode the mkv?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Argosy , Western Digital Wd Tv Live Streaming Media Player

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page