New Dune HD Max and HD Smart anticipation thread Q3 2010 - Page 394 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 41Likes

post #11791 of 11838 Old 03-03-2019, 11:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 65
HD Smart Replacement suggestions

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good replacement for these players. People do not seem so enthused about the Dune HD Pro 4K (Ultra).

I don't need 4K playback and will not use it to stream Netflix or similar.

Also, I don't like Kodi or Plex. They work and I could get used to them, but there is too much customization in Kodi, and not enough in Plex.

Last edited by Hyrax; 03-03-2019 at 11:34 AM. Reason: added info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11792 of 11838 Old 03-03-2019, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 36
If you don't need UHD menus or HDR the Dune Solo 4k is the most stable solution available, imo. There are still some issues with the Pro 4k but, from what I hear, it's still better than a lot of the others.

Sony BDP-S6700 (Region Free) | Dune Solo 4K | Zidoo X9S
Epson Home Cinema 3100 | Silver Ticket STR-169110 110" Screen
Yamaha RX-A770 | Chane A2.4 L-C-R | Fluance XLBP Wide Dispersion Bipolar Rears | Hsu VTF-2 MK5 Sub
post #11793 of 11838 Old 03-03-2019, 07:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaNaix View Post
... the Dune Solo 4k is the most stable solution available, imo... .
Exactly what I was hoping. Thank you so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11794 of 11838 Old 03-04-2019, 07:58 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrax View Post
Exactly what I was hoping. Thank you so much.
I'm also in the same process as you.

Looking for the successor of my Dune Max (i don't have the smart one).
I don't like the new players Dune produced they get updates very slowly even zidoo surpassed them.

I don't have a 4K TV so i'm willing to wait for a better player to come out.

Samsung UE55H6400 - Denon 1910 - Klipsch RP 260F - Klipsch RP 440C - Klipsch RS 62 - Roister 10" Sub - Dune HD Max - RPi 3 - XBOX 360 JTAG
post #11795 of 11838 Old 03-04-2019, 09:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by ela-tsiki-tsiki View Post
I'm also in the same process as you.

Looking for the successor of my Dune Max (i don't have the smart one).
I don't like the new players Dune produced they get updates very slowly even zidoo surpassed them.

I don't have a 4K TV so i'm willing to wait for a better player to come out.
Same here, our Dune Maxes are getting long in the tooth. I don't have a 4K TV yet and am hoping to hold out for a few more years along with my Plasma TV. The only issue I have had is so far which could eventually become a problem is it can't decode the H.265 codec (that and the DVD/BD disc drive no longer works).

I would also like to be able to plug and play my hard drives via USB with MKVs and ISOs on them. I have 4 large hard drives plugged into a USB hub then to the Dune. No redundancy so I have lost 100 movies or so a few times when hard drives died. To lazy and cheap to build out a NAS.

All in all, the Dune Max has been one of my best purchases ever. I get tons of use out of it.

I feel infinite
post #11796 of 11838 Old 03-04-2019, 09:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasboy View Post
Same here, our Dune Maxes are getting long in the tooth. ...All in all, the Dune Max has been one of my best purchases ever. I get tons of use out of it.
It is a bit amazing that this thread started 'Q3 2010' and we're still using them. I just want to find a new generation of the Dune that will work as well for me for as long.

As much as I try to embrace Kodi (even replaced my Roku with a Nvidia Shield TV so I could give it a fair chance), I find the Dune is vastly easier to use. Perhaps I just need to find the proper mix of add-ons to make Kodi more Dune like, but I find the whole process tedious.
post #11797 of 11838 Old 03-04-2019, 10:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 1132 Post(s)
Liked: 651
Quote:
It is a bit amazing that this thread started 'Q3 2010' and we're still using them. I just want to find a new generation of the Dune that will work as well for me for as long.

As much as I try to embrace Kodi (even replaced my Roku with a Nvidia Shield TV so I could give it a fair chance), I find the Dune is vastly easier to use. Perhaps I just need to find the proper mix of add-ons to make Kodi more Dune like, but I find the whole process tedious.
This does not inspire confidence. I just ordered a Shield yesterday and figured I'd have to use Kodi (or an offshoot of it). Unfortunately, the Shield is the only media player I know of that will pass MaxCLL/MaxFALL data for HDR. My new projector relies on that for auto tone mapping. If the Zappiti One did that, it would for the most part do everything I need.

The Hodor Theater - Now with Atmos
Projector - JVC D-ILA NX7; Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3); Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4)
Atmos In-ceiling - Niles DS8HD (4); Subs - Passive JTR Captivator Pro (2)
post #11798 of 11838 Old 03-04-2019, 11:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Liked: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
This does not inspire confidence. I just ordered a Shield yesterday and figured I'd have to use Kodi (or an offshoot of it). Unfortunately, the Shield is the only media player I know of that will pass MaxCLL/MaxFALL data for HDR. My new projector relies on that for auto tone mapping. If the Zappiti One did that, it would for the most part do everything I need.
The Zidoo Z9S with firmware v2.1.40 does accurately pass MaxCLL/MaxFALL data as verified with an HDFury Vertex.
post #11799 of 11838 Old 03-04-2019, 11:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b curry View Post
The Zidoo Z9S with firmware v2.1.40 does accurately pass MaxCLL/MaxFALL data as verified with an HDFury Vertex.
That's interesting. I wonder if the differences between the 1295 and 1296 chip allows this (Zappiti says that currently the chip doesn't allow them to pass the data over HDMI).

I had a Zidoo X10 for a week or so last year, but thought it was pretty awful to work with.

LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3); Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4)
post #11800 of 11838 Old 03-04-2019, 12:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That's interesting. I wonder if the differences between the 1295 and 1296 chip allows this (Zappiti says that currently the chip doesn't allow them to pass the data over HDMI).

I had a Zidoo X10 for a week or so last year, but thought it was pretty awful to work with.
I'm not 100% sure as I don't have a Vertex unit but the last firmware update for the X9S may have enabled MaxCLL/MaxFALL data as well. For sure the new X9S firmware fixed the frame rate issue that Zappiti and the Dune Pro 4K still have a problem with. My guess is that it's an issue of the SDK and how the programmers are implementing it as it was also thought that the RTD1295 SoC couldn't playback correct frame rates as well. As far as BD playback the X9S and Z9S are equal at this point IMO.

You might want to spend some time at the Z9S thread. There are screen shots on the thread of the Vertex displaying UHD MaxCLL/MaxFALL data for the Z9S.
post #11801 of 11838 Old 03-04-2019, 01:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

The Dune with Zappiti is just so simple to upload, scrape and play movies. I messed with Kodi on Amazon Fire box and it was fun to fiddle with it for about a week then I got sick of messing with it and gave up on it.

What about the the Zappiti One 4K HDR ? Seems when the time comes to move to 4k UHD TV it would make for a seamless transition for Dune users: "Sets an entirely new standard for home entertainment. It supports the majority of digital audio and video formats, including the most modern HEVC video codec with one billion colors (10-Bit color encoding), all modern 3D video standards with 3D subtitles, and features HDMI 2.0a, 4K 60p, HDR, DTS:X for the best possible home theater experience."

I feel infinite
post #11802 of 11838 Old 03-04-2019, 01:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
This does not inspire confidence. I just ordered a Shield yesterday and figured I'd have to use Kodi (or an offshoot of it). ...
A lot of people use Kodi just fine. It plays videos just fine, and does not appear to have any real technical issues. The only thing I have to complain about with it is that I do not like the default interface and one needs to install add-ons to get it working properly. That is probably a strength if you find the perfect set of add-ons.

Also, the Shield is a superior streaming device. It does all the Roku does, but it seems to do it better. If you like playing games, it streams them extremely well - and I've heard it is a great game console emulator. Hint: plan on using a keyboard with the Shield - I use a cheap wireless/bluetooth one for casual interaction, and a wired (USB) keyboard while gaming or setting up apps like Kodi.
post #11803 of 11838 Old 03-04-2019, 05:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
A lot of people use Kodi just fine. It plays videos just fine, and does not appear to have any real technical issues. The only thing I have to complain about with it is that I do not like the default interface and one needs to install add-ons to get it working properly. That is probably a strength if you find the perfect set of add-ons.

Also, the Shield is a superior streaming device. It does all the Roku does, but it seems to do it better. If you like playing games, it streams them extremely well - and I've heard it is a great game console emulator. Hint: plan on using a keyboard with the Shield - I use a cheap wireless/bluetooth one for casual interaction, and a wired (USB) keyboard while gaming or setting up apps like Kodi.
Is it possible to do anything with it from a computer on the network? I do all of my Zappiti (both the stand alone player and what's on my Dune) updates via my PC. It's much easier to manage that way.

post #11804 of 11838 Old 03-04-2019, 09:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Is it possible to do anything with it from a computer on the network? I do all of my Zappiti (both the stand alone player and what's on my Dune) updates via my PC. It's much easier to manage that way.
I don't know. Good idea. There is an active Kodi community so I'm sure we could find out. I was going the other way. I was hoping I could find a way for Kodi to read the Zappiti data that I generate from my PC. It sure would be nice to be able to use Zapppiti to scrape and then export it to the shield storage...

Edit:

It seems as though you can do what you asked by running a Kodi Media Manager on your PC. The details of how to do this are not clear to me yet, but I will try it and see what I come up with.
ChldsPlay likes this.

Last edited by Hyrax; 03-04-2019 at 09:27 PM.
post #11805 of 11838 Old 03-10-2019, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I have two Dune Smart HD D1. They still work but I'm thinking about replacing my media servers and also the players. Any recommendations?
post #11806 of 11838 Old 03-10-2019, 05:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agogley View Post
I have two Dune Smart HD D1. They still work but I'm thinking about replacing my media servers and also the players. Any recommendations?
What are your requirements? I have to use both a Zappiti One and Nvidia Shield. Zappiti does everything I need except output MaxCLL/MaxFALL metadata for HDR which my projector needs for it's auto tone mapping feature. It also doesn't do forced subtitles (you have to manually select the proper subtitle track if you watch something that has them). The Shield does both of those things, but doesn't do 3D MVC.

post #11807 of 11838 Old 03-10-2019, 10:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
What are your requirements? I have to use both a Zappiti One and Nvidia Shield. Zappiti does everything I need except output MaxCLL/MaxFALL metadata for HDR which my projector needs for it's auto tone mapping feature. It also doesn't do forced subtitles (you have to manually select the proper subtitle track if you watch something that has them). The Shield does both of those things, but doesn't do 3D MVC.
I've been using Zappiti software as my jukebox for a long time now. I've ripped most of my BDs into ISO containers. Always preferred that to MKVs which now, in hindsight, may have been a mistake given the lack of Plex support for ISOs or BD disc structures.

I'm giving serious thought to using an APPLE TV 4k and streaming from Infuse 5. Pro. I mean I can keep using the Dune's for now. They are operable and I'm in no particular hurry right now.
post #11808 of 11838 Old 03-11-2019, 07:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I've been using Zappiti software as my jukebox for a long time now. I've ripped most of my BDs into ISO containers. Always preferred that to MKVs which now, in hindsight, may have been a mistake given the lack of Plex support for ISOs or BD disc structures.

I'm giving serious thought to using an APPLE TV 4k and streaming from Infuse 5. Pro. I mean I can keep using the Dune's for now. They are operable and I'm in no particular hurry right now.
Pretty sure Zappiti will do ISOs (though honestly haven't tested, and I think when it does blu-ray structures, the forced subs work). I am kind of in the same predicament. The first half of my collection is all blu-ray structure because that's how I ripped them for the D1. Then when slyfox went under, I started doing mkv (and now prefer them anyway). That was fine on the Dune, but the structures cause issues with newer devices. Zappiti's support has been hit or miss on this. Some titles will play the full menu, most all will work with a limited menu or will play the main movie, but I have a couple of Atmos demonstration discs that are really unplayable without the menu because I have no idea what title is what. They are all short clips.

Shield will play the main movie or do limited menus (using Kodi or a fork), but not full menus.

Sounds like Zappiti would do well for you if you don't need the HDR metadata for tone mapping.

post #11809 of 11838 Old 03-11-2019, 08:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Sounds like Zappiti would do well for you if you don't need the HDR metadata for tone mapping.

I also will eventually need to replace my Dune and am in the same situation. I don't care about 3d, but would want HDR (or even Dolby Vision) with my 4K rips. Does your statement above mean that the Zappiti can't do HDR with any TV and I imagine Dolby Vision is definitely out of the question?

Fortunately, over the years, I have ripped almost everything to MKV except very few movies here and there that for some reason I wanted the BD menus or I had trouble ripping to MKV. I could live without those movies. Other than hording, I am not sure why I just don't delete movies after I watch them if they are not 5 star type movies that I might want to watch again a few years down the the road. I always think maybe we will have a visitor that might want to watch that movie, but if we have company we don't sit around watching movies.

A Zappiti seems like it would be plug and play with my current set up and I could swap the Zappiti player with my Dune Max and have it scan my video files and I would be done. I would just lose access to some of the hi highfalutin video filter/enhancers.

My home theater still has a plasma that looks amazing at 1080P and the Dune Max works great, so I am in no hurry to upgrade to a 4K TV. Perhaps in a few years there will be other media player options or I will need to move to a more complicated Plex setup.

I feel infinite
post #11810 of 11838 Old 03-11-2019, 08:16 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 409 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
I also will eventually need to replace my Dune and am in the same situation. I don't care about 3d, but would want HDR (or even Dolby Vision) with my 4K rips. Does your statement above mean that the Zappiti can't do HDR with any TV and I imagine Dolby Vision is definitely out of the question?

Fortunately, over the years, I have ripped almost everything to MKV except very few movies here and there that for some reason I wanted the BD menus or I had trouble ripping to MKV. I could live without those movies. Other than hording, I am not sure why I just don't delete movies after I watch them if they are not 5 star type movies that I might want to watch again a few years down the the road. I always think maybe we will have a visitor that might want to watch that movie, but if we have company we don't sit around watching movies.

A Zappiti seems like it would be plug and play with my current set up and I could swap the Zappiti player with my Dune Max and have it scan my video files and I would be done. I would just lose access to some of the hi highfalutin video filter/enhancers.

My home theater still has a plasma that looks amazing at 1080P and the Dune Max works great, so I am in no hurry to upgrade to a 4K TV. Perhaps in a few years there will be other media player options or I will need to move to a more complicated Plex setup.
Right now Dolby Vision is not supported in MKVs

I have moved on from Dune and find the NVidia Shield to be the best fit for me (doesn't support BR menus but I rip everything to mkvs). I use Emby as my server/UI (the other positive being you get access to all the other smart apps on the Shield)

Cheers
post #11811 of 11838 Old 03-11-2019, 09:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

I have moved on from Dune and find the NVidia Shield to be the best fit for me (doesn't support BR menus but I rip everything to mkvs). I use Emby as my server/UI (the other positive being you get access to all the other smart apps on the Shield)
dbone,

I believe you used to have a blog that had some good information I looked at when I set up my Dune years ago. Do you still have the site with info on setting up a NVidia Shield and Emby ?

I feel infinite
post #11812 of 11838 Old 03-11-2019, 09:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:

It'll do HDR, it just doesn't pass some metadata that the new JVC projectors or Panasonic players use for auto tone mapping. Not sure if it's important for TVs or if it's just a projectors thing. The Shield, and I guess new Zidoo players do it. No Dolby Vision. They said maybe the next box.

Shield should work using Kodi if you don't care about 3D and can live with no blu-ray menus at all. Just have to learn a new setup for scraping. That's what I've been doing the last week.
Mamasboy likes this.

post #11813 of 11838 Old 03-11-2019, 10:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It'll do HDR, it just doesn't pass some metadata that the new JVC projectors or Panasonic players use for auto tone mapping. Not sure if it's important for TVs or if it's just a projectors thing. The Shield, and I guess new Zidoo players do it. No Dolby Vision. They said maybe the next box.

Shield should work using Kodi if you don't care about 3D and can live with no blu-ray menus at all. Just have to learn a new setup for scraping. That's what I've been doing the last week.

The Zidoo Z9S is passing the metadata along with correct frame rates which is something both Zappiti and Dune are having problems with at this time.

Here's an image from an HDFury Vertex displaying HDR metadata, maxCELL/maxFALL, using the Zidoo Z9S for a couple of movies. It's from post #688 in the Zidoo Z9S thread.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-ne...96-soc-23.html

Lucy

BladeRunner

[/QUOTE]
Mamasboy and gymnos like this.
post #11814 of 11838 Old 03-11-2019, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I've been using Zappiti software as my jukebox for a long time now. I've ripped most of my BDs into ISO containers. Always preferred that to MKVs which now, in hindsight, may have been a mistake ...
I have (what I hope) is a useful suggestion if you convert to MKV containers. Make sure you also include subtitles. Ten years ago we never gave subtitles a thought, now our hearing has gotten to the point that we need them in order to understand dialog. It is a real pain to start a show, realize that there are no subtitles, and then find subtitles that are accurate and synced to the show.
post #11815 of 11838 Old 03-11-2019, 11:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I have (what I hope) is a useful suggestion if you convert to MKV containers. Make sure you also include subtitles. Ten years ago we never gave subtitles a thought, now our hearing has gotten to the point that we need them in order to understand dialog. It is a real pain to start a show, realize that there are no subtitles, and then find subtitles that are accurate and synced to the show.
My 80+ year old brother was complaining about some downloaded content he could not watch because it had no sub-titles and could not hear the dialog. I told him he needed a better center / home theater speakers. He is always fairly broke and uses all his money to travel the world so instead he bought this sound bar: SB400 35.5" SOUND BAR WITH ACCUVOICE, BLUETOOTH, BUILT-IN SUBWOOFER

He says he rarely needs sub-titles now. He figured it would not work as advertised and would send it back but it works great for him and he loves it.

I imagine a properly tuned center speaker in a home theater would have the same results but he is past HT building age and mostly lives life instead of watches it.

I feel infinite
post #11816 of 11838 Old 03-11-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
dbone,

I believe you used to have a blog that had some good information I looked at when I set up my Dune years ago. Do you still have the site with info on setting up a NVidia Shield and Emby ?
Unfortunately just didn't have the time to keep writing on the side.

Setting up the Shield and Emby is pretty easy. I use a Synology NAS to store everything. Emby has an app for the Synology to run as a server, so just installed there. Installed app on Nvidia Shield, and i can access all my content from my server. I also have a few other media players (the new Dune which stinks, Zidoo, and egreat). The Shield is my main player though, in part b/c I can access all the apps I need (You tube TV, Netflix, etc...)
Mamasboy likes this.

Cheers
post #11817 of 11838 Old 03-11-2019, 11:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
... so he bought this sound bar: SB400 35.5" SOUND BAR WITH ACCUVOICE, BLUETOOTH, BUILT-IN SUBWOOFER. He says he rarely needs sub-titles now. He figured it would not work as advertised and would send it back but it works great for him and he loves it.
Thanks for the great info - that soundbar appears to be a good solution to not hearing dialog. It sounds like a ZVox device which I've been thinking abut getting, even though I have a nice home theater speaker setup.

I was mainly making the suggestion because it really is no extra effort when creating to include subtitles when creating MKV containers for a video. I didn't even think of it when I was younger and wish I had. Where subtitles really come in handy is when watching videos where someone has a strong accent (Broadchurch, for example).
post #11818 of 11838 Old 03-11-2019, 12:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks for the great info - that soundbar appears to be a good solution to not hearing dialog. It sounds like a ZVox device which I've been thinking abut getting, even though I have a nice home theater speaker setup.

I was mainly making the suggestion because it really is no extra effort when creating to include subtitles when creating MKV containers for a video. I didn't even think of it when I was younger and wish I had. Where subtitles really come in handy is when watching videos where someone has a strong accent (Broadchurch, for example).
For me to add subs it is basically checking a box for subs, so yes, definitely a good idea.

I feel infinite
post #11819 of 11838 Old 03-16-2019, 02:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Pretty sure Zappiti will do ISOs (though honestly haven't tested, and I think when it does blu-ray structures, the forced subs work). I am kind of in the same predicament. The first half of my collection is all blu-ray structure because that's how I ripped them for the D1. Then when slyfox went under, I started doing mkv (and now prefer them anyway). That was fine on the Dune, but the structures cause issues with newer devices. Zappiti's support has been hit or miss on this. Some titles will play the full menu, most all will work with a limited menu or will play the main movie, but I have a couple of Atmos demonstration discs that are really unplayable without the menu because I have no idea what title is what. They are all short clips.

Shield will play the main movie or do limited menus (using Kodi or a fork), but not full menus.

So you are recommending a Zappiti player as opposed to a new Dune? I'm sorta looking at Apple TV with an Infusion PRo app to read my library of ISOs. I suppose I could just keep using my Dune Player but eventually I'll have a 4K player with 4K titles. (And unfortunately I have 3D titles I have sitting in boxes that I don't use LOL).

Quote:

Quote:

Setting up the Shield and Emby is pretty easy. I use a Synology NAS to store everything. Emby has an app for the Synology to run as a server, so just installed there. Installed app on Nvidia Shield, and i can access all my content from my server. I also have a few other media players (the new Dune which stinks, Zidoo, and egreat). The Shield is my main player though, in part b/c I can access all the apps I need (You tube TV, Netflix, etc...)
So which Synology did you use? What drives do you have inside? You just downloaded the Emby Server and put it on the Synology then downloaded the Emby Shield App? I noticed that Emby also has an app for Apple Tv. It also appears Emby will support ISOs (although it recommends MKV).

Why don't you use PLEX if you've converted to MKV?

Last edited by agogley; 03-16-2019 at 03:02 PM.
post #11820 of 11838 Old 03-16-2019, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Quote:

So you are recommending a Zappiti player as opposed to a new Dune? I'm sorta looking at Apple TV with an Infusion PRo app to read my library of ISOs. I suppose I could just keep using my Dune Player but eventually I'll have a 4K player with 4K titles. (And unfortunately I have 3D titles I have sitting in boxes that I don't use LOL).

Quote:

Quote:

So which Synology did you use? What drives do you have inside? You just downloaded the Emby Server and put it on the Synology then downloaded the Emby Shield App? I noticed that Emby also has an app for Apple Tv. It also appears Emby will support ISOs (although it recommends MKV).

Why don't you use PLEX if you've converted to MKV?
I forget which Synology. I think is the one with 8 bays.

As far as Emby, I just prefer it over plex. They do the same thing. I just download and install emby app on server and then just install emby app on other devices (shield, fire tv, tablets, phones, etc).

Unless Dune can nail 4k playback (which their new 4k has tons of issues), I just see no reason for me to use a dune, especially since I rather have a device that does it all (such as the shield)
agogley likes this.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Dune Hd Smart B1 1080p Media Player

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page