Apple TV owners' thread. - Page 764 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 27805Likes

post #22891 of 23716 Old 05-30-2019, 12:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post
Perhaps you stopped scrolling too soon. The Integral is $100.
I saw the Integral. A little concerned it's limited to 4:2:0, and it didn't look like it could scale one of the HDMI outs (for the AVR) to 1080. Also, on the Integral product webpage it says ...
<< To feed older AVR with HDMI sound while playing 4K/HDR/DV signal from source to display, refer to AVR-Key, Vertex or Integral2. >>
The AVR-Key is unfortunately discontinued and unavailable.
The Vertex and the Integral2 can clearly do what I need and look like fantastic boxes, but they are the $300 price range units I referred to earlier.

Just in case I've submitted a question to HDFury re whether the Integral can do what I need in my situation. Maybe it will be good news

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My neighbors all listen to great music. Whether they like it or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22892 of 23716 Old 05-30-2019, 12:21 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_cure View Post
Derek87 - I think your post is spot on (btw - stellar HiFi equipment you have - congrats). While the source (compressed vs. lossless, UHD disc vs. streaming) DOES make a difference, I believe the destination plays even a bigger role in the total HT immersion.

For instance, I was killing some time in Stockholm stad a while ago and decided to A-vs-B demo a pair of Von Schweikert Audio speakers @ a dealer vs. a more modest pair of JM Labs/Focal (test songs were by Diana Krall and Antonio Vivaldi, some pieces that I was very familiar with); I can't remember what amplification, cabling was being used, but I do recall that the Von Schweikert speakers alone costed more than a 5,000 m2 mansion + a brand new Porsche 911 (that's for L and R only)! With the Von Schweikert speakers, I was able to discern nuances that I simply couldn't notice before (heard instruments that weren't EVER present ), even with the 'lowly' JM Labs...there wasn't just a significant difference between the two sets of speakers, there was the Grand Canyon itself separating them. While the experience was awe inspiring, I decided to run away to keep my sanity...I walked away feeling that I just experienced the Bugatti Chiron, and came down to earth by driving home a Skoda.

Any-who, the point is, we try to squeeze the most out of the video processing, DV @ 50 Hz this, HDR10+ that, so let's not forget that audio plays an equally significant role in the total movie enjoyment. Yep, I am aware that it was a long winded way in saying that I absolutely prefer physical discs over streaming whenever possible...and in a streaming vs. disc audio test, objectively speaking, the discs should win every single time. Nevertheless, compared to the demo above, my humble HT system would be considered a bare bones 'stereo in a box/boom box'. Whatever media one would play through the Von Schweikert setup, it would disintegrate anything you most likely have heard.

With all that jabber, I think we all agree that, in today's digital streaming world, audio quality remains secondary to video. And in my simplistic view, Dolby Atmos represents an increase in quantity of speakers, not necessarily in quality...really wished that Apple would have implemented an ATV4k w/ dual HDMI output and pass through unmolested bitstream audio, akin to the Oppo 203 (provided that Netflix, MA, Vudu, Prime would support such audio).
One thing i heard early on in my days as an audiophile that stuck with me is this: "there is no end to good sound."

your experience was similar to mine. it led me to ultimately choose to stop listening to better equipment and get myself off the upgrade wagon and just enjoy what i had/have. there is always a better sounding system out there.
post #22893 of 23716 Old 05-30-2019, 12:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm in the same boat as you...I have a seriously legacy AVR that still provides SPECTACULAR 7.1 surround + an up-to-date LLDV/HDR display panel. The HDFury Vertex 2 should fit your needs, and will ensure future proofing as much as possible.

https://www.hdfury.com/product/4k-vertex2-18gbps/

I've pre-ordered mine and eagerly awaiting its arrival!
Yeah, HDFury has great products and I'm glad I learned about them. But at a $400 price point I'm still considering options. One of them being that for that price I can get a "decent" current (or 1 year old) 7.2 AVR with 4K/HDR capabilities to tide me over until the HDMI 2.1 AVRs come out (holding off on an Atmos update until then).

... That being said, the unit you're looking at is a switch and a splitter so it does solve a lot of issues for multiple devices. (The $300 HDFury splitter units I was looking at only service one source device.)

I'm testing a couple of new (less expensive) devices today - I'll report back if I have any success.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22894 of 23716 Old 05-30-2019, 12:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post
Perhaps you stopped scrolling too soon. The Integral is $100.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdg4vfx View Post
I saw the Integral. A little concerned it's limited to 4:2:0, and it didn't look like it could scale one of the HDMI outs (for the AVR) to 1080. Also, on the Integral product webpage it says ...
<< To feed older AVR with HDMI sound while playing 4K/HDR/DV signal from source to display, refer to AVR-Key, Vertex or Integral2. >>
The AVR-Key is unfortunately discontinued and unavailable.
The Vertex and the Integral2 can clearly do what I need and look like fantastic boxes, but they are the $300 price range units I referred to earlier.

Just in case I've submitted a question to HDFury re whether the Integral can do what I need in my situation. Maybe it will be good news
Just heard back from HDFury support.

>>>>

No you need vertex or integral2 for that

On Thu, May 30, 2019, 21:08 <[email protected]> wrote:
Subject: Integral 4K/60 4:2:0 300Mhz question
Message Body:
I have an AppleTV 4K with a 4K/HDR TV (LG OLED) and an older Denon AVR (HDMI 1.4, HD only, no HDR, etc.). I need to send the AVR a 1080p or 1080i signal with audio while sending the TV a UHD/HDR/DV signal. Will the Integral 4K/60 4:2:0 300MHz do this?

post #22895 of 23716 Old 05-30-2019, 12:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 907 Post(s)
Liked: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaduke View Post
Where does one find these codes and is there a specific forum about them?
https://ultravioletcinema.com/get4k

LG 65C7P (Also XBR65X900E and XBR55X900E)
Denon x7200WA
Oppo BD-203
Klipsch RP-280F / RC-62ii / RP-140SA / RS-35 / RS-25
Dual PSA V1800s
post #22896 of 23716 Old 05-30-2019, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluken View Post
Thank you

Man cave-Marantz 8012, Oppo 203, 4K ATV, Sony XBR-75X940E, Bluesound Vault 2, Harmony One, 2 Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC-390, 2ADP 390's/190's, 2 PDR 100's,
4 SVS Prime elevations. B&W P5. Living room- Yamaha 2010, Bluesound Node 2, Paradigm SE-1's, Zone 2-Paradigm-Stylus 370-SM
Bedroom- Samsung UN60ES7100F, Oppo 103D, Pulse Mini, JBL Bar Studio, ATV3 and Harmony 650
post #22897 of 23716 Old 05-30-2019, 02:10 PM

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Yeah, HDFury has great products and I'm glad I learned about them. But at a $400 price point I'm still considering options. One of them being that for that price I can get a "decent" current (or 1 year old) 7.2 AVR with 4K/HDR capabilities to tide me over until the HDMI 2.1 AVRs come out (holding off on an Atmos update until then).

... That being said, the unit you're looking at is a switch and a splitter so it does solve a lot of issues for multiple devices. (The $300 HDFury splitter units I was looking at only service one source device.)

I'm testing a couple of new (less expensive) devices today - I'll report back if I have any success.
Understood and seriously see your point wrt 3-400 quid cost for an HDFury product: I struggled with that same notion just a few months back. However, the challenge remains in that the market/manufacturers push us to continuously chase rainbow farted unicorns and upgrade our HiFi gear ever 1yr or so...and I personally consider Dolby Atmos one of those “gimmicks” (please don’t lynch me!!!). I’m one of those people that considers, in some cases, less (speakers) is more.

My personal POV is that, by acquiring an HDFury Vertex 2, it is an investment that will extend the usability of my current gear without needing to get on the latest HDMI 2.x bandwagon. Upcoming HDMI protocols might give us 8k video resolution (if our human eyes even can perceive that high), but I’d venture to guess that audio will still lag behind video.

Look, compared to video reproduction, the audio technology hasn't drastically improved in the last decade or so. Today's best speakers (even those costing more than a house) still leverage decades old technology (even 100+ yr old if you look at Faraday's induction laws) for operation...if I recall, the main part of a modern dynamic speaker, an electrostatic transducer, was invented around 1900s...electrical/audio signal passes through a wire, which in turn forces the diaphragm to pulsate and pushes air within a wooden box.

So I put my hard earned cash into audio gear (vs. video), invest into an HDFury product and my audio continues shine!!!
giomania, Derek87, galonzo and 1 others like this.
post #22898 of 23716 Old 05-30-2019, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 62

So I got the ATV4k and it’s up and running and set it up correctly. I get atmos on ITunes movies and on Netflix (even though it shoes 5.1 on the screen of the movie, my receiver shows atmos, so it works). Now, when I try the movies anywhere app, the same movies I have there and on itunes movies app are the same. But movies anywhere and VUDU don’t play atmos like iTunes or Netflix does. Any way around it or they just don’t support it unless I have a 4k tv?

Samsung 3D UN65H7150;Yamaha RX-A2070 5.2.4 Atmos/DTS-X
Def Tech L&R Promonitor 1000 Procenter 2000 Promonitor 800 ceilings & surrounds
SVS PC12 Plus-Klipsch KSW150 Sub;Monster HTS 2600MKII Power Conditioner
Oppo UDP-103 Bluray;Apple TV 4th Gen;Harmony Elite;PlayStation 4
AC Infinity Aircom T8;MediaLight Quad Bias Light
post #22899 of 23716 Old 05-30-2019, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoftumble View Post
Your model TV (KDL40W600B) uses an Edge Lit backlight with frame dimming. I'm 99.9% certain that the flicker is coming from the backlight. If there is a setting to turn off that auto dimming feature, or maybe an auto ambient light setting, it should help. Turning down the brightness basically turns down the black level - which you don't want to do.
It has an Auto Light Limiter setting and I have it set to Off. I also don't get this issue with a Blu-ray player I tried out connected to this TV.
post #22900 of 23716 Old 05-30-2019, 03:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Understood and seriously see your point wrt 3-400 quid cost for an HDFury product: I struggled with that same notion just a few months back. However, the challenge remains in that the market/manufacturers push us to continuously chase rainbow farted unicorns and upgrade our HiFi gear ever 1yr or so...and I personally consider Dolby Atmos one of those “gimmicks” (please don’t lynch me!!!). I’m one of those people that considers, in some cases, less (speakers) is more.

My personal POV is that, by acquiring an HDFury Vertex 2, it is an investment that will extend the usability of my current gear without needing to get on the latest HDMI 2.x bandwagon. Upcoming HDMI protocols might give us 8k video resolution (if our human eyes even can perceive that high), but I’d venture to guess that audio will still lag behind video.

Look, compared to video reproduction, the audio technology hasn't drastically improved in the last decade or so. Today's best speakers (even those costing more than a house) still leverage decades old technology (even 100+ yr old if you look at Faraday's induction laws) for operation...if I recall, the main part of a modern dynamic speaker, an electrostatic transducer, was invented around 1900s...electrical/audio signal passes through a wire, which in turn forces the diaphragm to pulsate and pushes air within a wooden box.

So I put my hard earned cash into audio gear (vs. video), invest into an HDFury product and my audio continues shine!!!
once again, i am in agreement and in a similar situation. upgrading my process to handle 4k HDR would never have passed my wife's scrutiny, and i don't think it would be cost effective.

did they discontinue the AVRKey? it's worked pretty well for me if i keep the Apple TV at 4:2:0 output (when i do 4:4:4, it tends to get into a funk that requires resetting/rebooting the AVRKey). i picked the AVRKey on sale for $119 a few months back from Monoprice, which was a reasonable expense for me.

certainly, going from Dolby Digital 5.1 (which i could get via ARC/Optical) to DD+ has had an audible improvement for streamed movies. yet, in my experience, i think the step up from DD+ to lossless audio is still a bigger leap... hence my desire to soon get a 4k player. i consider myself fortunate that Redbox near me has now started renting 4k discs so i can get the best of the audio and video worlds.
galonzo likes this.
post #22901 of 23716 Old 05-30-2019, 05:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

OK! Found a reasonably priced HDMI splitter that works for using an AT4K with an older AVR (pre 4K/HDR) and a 4K/HDR TV. The unit is specifically designed for this purpose.

The ViewHD VHD-UHAE2 for $65 on Amazon (Prime members can return it free if it doesn't work.) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Supports up to 4K/60, 4:4:4, HDR/DV.
- HDMI-Out-1 does a pass-thru of HDMI-In with full video and audio signals untouched. This out also has the option to supports ARC.
- HDMI-Out-2 passes through just the full audio from HDMI-In (the unit creates and sends a black 1080p video signal to accommodate legacy AVRs).
- Toslink Out extracts audio from HDMI-In and outputs the standard PCM and DD+ signals supported by Toslink. (Details in manual.)

Tested it this afternoon with ATV4K > Denon 1713 > LG 65E6P and everything works great. Handles HDR/DV fine as well as changing frame rates.

The only inconvenience is that since the video signal no longer goes through the AVR the AVR UI doesn't show up on screen when your tweaking settings. I got around that by running an HDMI cable from the AVR to a second HDMI input on the TV.

Last edited by sdg4vfx; 06-01-2019 at 11:33 AM.
post #22902 of 23716 Old 05-30-2019, 07:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by ki11abee View Post

So I got the ATV4k and it’s up and running and set it up correctly. I get atmos on ITunes movies and on Netflix (even though it shoes 5.1 on the screen of the movie, my receiver shows atmos, so it works). Now, when I try the movies anywhere app, the same movies I have there and on itunes movies app are the same. But movies anywhere and VUDU don’t play atmos like iTunes or Netflix does. Any way around it or they just don’t support it unless I have a 4k tv?

Vudu does not send Atmos unless it detects a 4K display. I don’t know if Movies Anywhere supports Atmos in 4K, but it does not at 1080p.
ashman5, galonzo and ki11abee like this.
post #22903 of 23716 Old 05-30-2019, 08:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 491 Post(s)
Liked: 628
Thought I was going crazy with this “black flicker” going on with Dolby Vision titles. Glad I’m not alone. Hopefully a fix will be coming soon.

I noticed if I played the same title via the VUDU app on the Apple TV, the flicker is completely gone. The flicker only happens when playing a DV title via the Apple TVs own movies or TV app. Same with Netflix, no flickering at all when the various titles I’ve tested there. Very strange behavior, but it seems the last update messed something up.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
post #22904 of 23716 Old 05-30-2019, 11:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 480 Post(s)
Liked: 430
Apple TV owners' thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post
Thought I was going crazy with this “black flicker” going on with Dolby Vision titles. Glad I’m not alone. Hopefully a fix will be coming soon.

I noticed if I played the same title via the VUDU app on the Apple TV, the flicker is completely gone. The flicker only happens when playing a DV title via the Apple TVs own movies or TV app. Same with Netflix, no flickering at all when the various titles I’ve tested there. Very strange behavior, but it seems the last update messed something up.

Try playing the iTunes movies back via the movies app rather than the tv app. That fixed it for me.

Edit: sorry I notice you referenced the movies app in your post. Strange that doesn’t fix it for you. :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Brad likes this.
post #22905 of 23716 Old 05-31-2019, 03:54 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Stirling View Post
Try playing the iTunes movies back via the movies app rather than the tv app. That fixed it for me.

Edit: sorry I notice you referenced the movies app in your post. Strange that doesn’t fix it for you. :-/

I noticed that the flickering in the movies app only lasts about 15 seconds and then disappears. In the TV app, the flickering does not go away.

I would recommend trying the movies app again and giving it a few min.

Either way this is a bug that needs to be fixed, but for me a temp work around has been found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Main: YouTubeTV -> Apple TV 4k -> Anthem MRX 720 (5.1.2 DTS:Neural X) <-> Sony 65A1E
Den: Apple TV -> Pioneer Kuro PDP-5010FD

DTS beats Dolby.
post #22906 of 23716 Old 05-31-2019, 06:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaduke View Post
Where does one find these codes and is there a specific forum about them?
Another source for codes:

https://uvspider.com

And the forum:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/298-media-codes/
galonzo and pappaduke like this.
post #22907 of 23716 Old 05-31-2019, 09:29 AM
** Man of Leisure **

Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11019 Post(s)
Liked: 6570
Trouble logging onto AppleTV3

My AppleTV3 was unplugged for a week, and now it is asking me to sign back into the Apple Store for it to be fully functional. It seems to be connected to my wired network (Network is showing a valid IP address). However, when I try to bring up the remote function on my iPad, the ATV3 is not listed, only my ATV4 downstairs. Not being able to use the remote functionality to cut and paste a long, complex Apple password is tedious. So I tried to use Test Network, but it asks me to Sign into iTunes Store. I painfully entered my 20-character password, received a prompt to enter a 6-digit code that was displayed on my iPad, and was promptly kicked back to the enter password prompt (with no error telling me the password was wrong). So I am in a continuous loop, not being able to use the remote functionality, and not being able to successfully enter an iTunes Store password.

Any tips to get me out of this bind? Thanks!
post #22908 of 23716 Old 05-31-2019, 10:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeorwell View Post
Thank you for both links.

Man cave-Marantz 8012, Oppo 203, 4K ATV, Sony XBR-75X940E, Bluesound Vault 2, Harmony One, 2 Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC-390, 2ADP 390's/190's, 2 PDR 100's,
4 SVS Prime elevations. B&W P5. Living room- Yamaha 2010, Bluesound Node 2, Paradigm SE-1's, Zone 2-Paradigm-Stylus 370-SM
Bedroom- Samsung UN60ES7100F, Oppo 103D, Pulse Mini, JBL Bar Studio, ATV3 and Harmony 650
post #22909 of 23716 Old 05-31-2019, 01:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Refresh of these survey questions re audio-sync issues. (Responses so far greatly appreciated!)

So here's two specific jump-off questions. In this context an "audio-sync problem" means sync values that change with different video/audio formats. (A single consistent sync offset value is not considered a "problem".)

1. Setup: ATV4K > AVR > LG OLED (please specify model). Is there anyone who has no audio-sync problems? If so which AVR are you using?

2. Setup: ATV4K > AVR > Sony OLED A9F (or A8F or A1E). Is there anyone who has no audio-sync problems? If so which AVR are you using? (Curious if the Sony OLEDs have less sync issues than the LG OLEDs?)

post #22910 of 23716 Old 05-31-2019, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Refresh of these survey questions re audio-sync issues. (Responses so far greatly appreciated!)

So here's two specific jump-off questions. In this context an "audio-sync problem" means sync values that change with different video/audio formats. (A single consistent sync offset value is not considered a "problem".)

1. Setup: ATV4K > AVR > LG OLED (please specify model). Is there anyone who has no audio-sync problems? If so which AVR are you using?

2. Setup: ATV4K > AVR > Sony OLED A9F (or A8F or A1E). Is there anyone who has no audio-sync problems? If so which AVR are you using? (Curious if the Sony OLEDs have less sync issues than the LG OLEDs?)
Setup 1. No problems as long as match frame rate is off. Denon AVR - X2300.
sdg4vfx likes this.

LG OLED 55C7
Denon AVR-X2300
Apple TV 4K
Channel Master OTA DVR
DirectTv Now Streaming Box (Beta), Phillips Blu-Ray 7502
post #22911 of 23716 Old 05-31-2019, 03:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambler52 View Post
Setup 1. No problems as long as match frame rate is off. Denon AVR - X2300.

Yeah but that causes stuff to be played back at an incorrect framerate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
galonzo likes this.
post #22912 of 23716 Old 05-31-2019, 04:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Question Apple 4ktv flashing in dark scenes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty01 View Post
same flashing here on itunes but also on MA (Vudu seems ok)! last update is a mess.. and the tone mapping from the DV to HDR conversion(itunes) used to be good but now the colors are a bit washed out compared to MA and vudu.
I have 2 x Apple4KTV’s connected via Belkin HDMI Cable to [Sony AF9 OLED] and [LG OLEDE8].
There is flashing in dark scenes on Movies I own on iTunes.

Is this a known bug and do we know when it started?
post #22913 of 23716 Old 05-31-2019, 05:30 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:

I have set up 1. Denon avr x4200 to oled 65 c6. Have sync issues. Large delay setting in avr mostly compensates but some content still seems out of whack at times.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
galonzo and sdg4vfx like this.

LG OLED65C, Sony 940e, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Oppo 203, Denon AVR-X4200, SVS SB-2000 (x2), SVS Prime Tower (x2), SVS Prime Satellite (x2), SVS Prime Center
post #22914 of 23716 Old 05-31-2019, 05:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 697 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:

Setup 1. Denon w3300x to LG 65” b6. I have no audio sync issues at all.
sdg4vfx likes this.

Streaming Devices: Nvidia Shield, 2x Roku 3's, 1st/2nd gen chromecast, ATV4k, Apple TV 4, xbox 360/one
Displays: Vizio M602i-B3, LG OLED65B6, panasonic ax100u on a 145" S-I-L-V-E-R painted screen, 40" Samsung
Receivers: Denon X3300, Yamaha RX-V663. Bluray/UHD player: Oppo UDP-203
post #22915 of 23716 Old 05-31-2019, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:

Setup 1, LG 65c8, yama 3070, no sync issues.

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk
sdg4vfx likes this.

video: Lg 65e6, Oppo uhd-203, Roku ultra, nVidia Shield Pro
audio: Yamaha aventage 3050, ATI AT252NC, martin logan efx 7.1
gaming: Ps4-pro, Psvr, Ps3
other: Synology d216play, Panamax m-5300pm & m-5400pm, a billion smarthome things
post #22916 of 23716 Old 05-31-2019, 05:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 491 Post(s)
Liked: 628
Quote:

Thanks for the workaround. I tried it and the flicking lasts about 5 seconds then disappears. Until an official fix is added I’ll watch movies through the movie app.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
post #22917 of 23716 Old 05-31-2019, 11:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundizer17 View Post
I have 2 x Apple4KTV’s connected via Belkin HDMI Cable to [Sony AF9 OLED] and [LG OLEDE8].

There is flashing in dark scenes on Movies I own on iTunes.

Is this a known bug and do we know when it started?

It’s a known bug with the new tv app. Playing back via the movies app works fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Soundizer17 likes this.
post #22918 of 23716 Old 06-01-2019, 01:18 AM

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Not an esoteric test...but I do have the flicker issue on seemingly one show on Amazon Prime - You Are Wanted (in Deutsche w/ Englisch untertitel). This is a 4K HDR series. Das ist ein great show by the way.

Don’t recall having any similar issues via Netflix...singul&#228;re problem?
Educated Idiot likes this.
post #22919 of 23716 Old 06-01-2019, 02:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
It’s a known bug with the new tv app. Playing back via the movies app works fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
A big thank you Andrew Stirling. I just tried it and it works fine via iTunes App.
This was driving me crazy.

I should send you a crate of Beer, but it might be against forum rules.

What about if you ask Siri remote to find the Movie.
Andrew Stirling likes this.
post #22920 of 23716 Old 06-01-2019, 05:30 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hello!

Since christmas i have turned off match framerate on my Apple tv 4k because of audio delay problems (as mentioned above). The device have been in 4k 50 hz and have Dynamic range turned on and i haven't noticed any audio delay problems since. Yesterday i watched an HDR movie and tought that the picture was a little bit dul, not the punchy picture i have gotten used to. When i swtiched on the Match Framerate option the colors became much more "punchy" and the HDR effect was stunning.

When switching match framerate to on and off the problem continues to occur. Its night and day in contrast and color. I have problably been watching pretty innacurate colors in HDR mode for a while..

Shouldn't the option Match Framerate on the Apple tv 4K only control the frame rate? And not any settings with the picture? Like color or contrast?
I have an LG Oled55C7 - Denon AVR-X2500H - Apple tv 4k. The movies are played with infuse.

Last edited by Howlinskogge; 06-01-2019 at 05:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
apple 4k tv , Apple Tv Mc572ll A , Apple Tv Md199ll A , grainy , hdr , issue , mgy52ll , mqd22ll , Samsung

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page