Apple TV owners' thread. - Page 773 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 27784Likes

post #23161 of 23704 Old 06-13-2019, 03:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1502 Post(s)
Liked: 358
If I am getting 4k and HDR and Atmos but not passing the Apple TV HDMI check is there any reason to get a better HDMI cable?

Last edited by checker9; 06-13-2019 at 03:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23162 of 23704 Old 06-13-2019, 03:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 602 Post(s)
Liked: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by checker9 View Post
If I am getting 4k and HDR and Atmos but not passing the Apple TV HDMI check is there any reason to get a better HDMI cable?

You don’t say what all the devices on you system support (max hz? DV? ...). Without than info can’t advise because the check maybe correct and you may not have anything wrong. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
galonzo likes this.
post #23163 of 23704 Old 06-13-2019, 04:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsonnens View Post
You don’t say what all the devices on you system support (max hz? DV? ...). Without than info can’t advise because the check maybe correct and you may not have anything wrong. .

KS8000 Samsung (60Hz 4K HDR10) connected to its one-connect which is connected to a Denon X4200 (HDR10 and DV pass through) which is connected the the Apple TV 4k.

I just changed the HDMI cable connected from the Denon X4200 to the KS8000 TV's one connect. I was using a 10 foot MediaBridge high speed cable. I switched it for a 3-4 year old Amazon Basic high speed 6 foot cable.

I ran the Apple TV 4k test twice at Chroma 4:4:4 and got this message both times:

"Your HDMI connection is looking better", with it also stating it would monitor my HDMI connect.

I forgot the exact message I got before I switched the cables but I think it stated I had some problem or other.

Does the message, "Your HDMI connection is looking better", mean it checks out fine in that check by my Apple TV 4k unit or is still subpar - i.e. is there a better result from that test?

Any concern my Apple TV 4K unit restricting audio of video based on that check result?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23164 of 23704 Old 06-13-2019, 04:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Apple TV owners' thread.

Quote:
I just changed the HDMI cable connected from the Denon X4200 to the KS8000 TV's one connect. I was using a 10 foot MediaBridge high speed cable. I switched it for a 3-4 year old Amazon Basic high speed 6 foot...

You should probably be using “premium certified” cables not “high speed”.
galonzo and Musician like this.

Last edited by rsonnens; 06-13-2019 at 04:41 PM.
post #23165 of 23704 Old 06-13-2019, 04:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsonnens View Post
You should probably be using “premium certified” cables not “high speed”.
Yes, do yourself a favor and go for these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GCGKI3O...ing=UTF8&psc=1
m_snow likes this.

Bobby 

post #23166 of 23704 Old 06-13-2019, 05:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post
Yes, do yourself a favor and go for these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GCGKI3O...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Between the Apple TV 4K and Denon and between the Denon and TV - get 2?
post #23167 of 23704 Old 06-13-2019, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 1873 Post(s)
Liked: 1417
Quote:
Yes. If you have 18G cables you won't have to worry about limiting output from the ATV (because of your cables). However 18G are not currently required for any content.

Quote:
I just changed the HDMI cable connected from the Denon X4200 to the KS8000 TV's one connect. I was using a 10 foot MediaBridge high speed cable. I switched it for a 3-4 year old Amazon Basic high speed 6 foot cable.

I ran the Apple TV 4k test twice at Chroma 4:4:4 and got this message both times:

"Your HDMI connection is looking better", with it also stating it would monitor my HDMI connect.
Assuming you actually saw the attached image things are as good as they get. Note that your settings have no effect on the test which sends an 18G (600MHz) signal to your display for ~two minutes -- which signal depends are your display. It's also worth noting that Premium Certified Cables are also High Speed (they're both HDMI Category 2 cables). The certified versions have simply been tested to pass 18G, have some RF minimization and a specified wrap radius. Most well made High Speed cables should pass the certification but a vendor may choose not to pay for it. Hence un-Certified cables that claim to (and probably do) pass 18G (or more).

By the way, if you want cables that are really better get HDMI+Ethernet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 20.26.33 .png
Views:	59
Size:	445.9 KB
ID:	2579646  

I might type 2K for 1080p.
UDP-203/ATV4K(6,2)/X3500/LG C8
post #23168 of 23704 Old 06-13-2019, 07:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 796
Quote:
Between the Apple TV 4K and Denon and between the Denon and TV - get 2?
Yes, get two. I have these same cables from my Vizio Tv to my Denon and then from the Denon to my Dish Hopper, Oppo 4K player, AppleTV 4K, Roku 4K, and Fire Stick 4K. They all play without issue, both video and audio.
galonzo likes this.

Bobby 

post #23169 of 23704 Old 06-13-2019, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musician View Post
Oops, you’re right. He apparently never tried running the ATV4K through his old Denon AVR so if he still has it kicking around I would certainly use that as part of my troubleshooting steps.

And further to my earlier suggestion and that of @rsonnens , I would certainly do a little exploring on the Denon Receiver AVS Forum threads where I discovered the following in the 2018 Denon AVR FAQ, Setup, and Troubleshooting Guide in post #2 of the "OFFICIAL" 2018 Denon "S-Series" / "X-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ applicable to his Receiver...

Not saying this is the magic bullet but certainly a good place for him to start since his ATV4K and LG combo has worked up until now before his upgrade. Doing a Search this Thread only brings up a small number posts containing the word “sparkles” on the above but it just so happens this guy had a Vizio, not an LG. According to his post his first unit had an HDMI board “go bad during the initial setup” and his replacement worked “great out of the box” but he started to notice sparkles after a few weeks.

@JayDeePee might want to reply to his message on that thread to determine what the outcome was and let us know.

Cheers

And if they aren’t and they are supposed to be then a good place for him to start might be reading the manual that came with his new Receiver (see thumbnail below).
Here's the update. Sparkles are now gone. I recieved one Riu Pro Fiber HDMI cable today and swapped it with one of the existing Monoprice premium certified HDMI cables. The Riu Pro is connected to HDMI arc port on LG C8 from the Denon AVR. All ports were and are set to Enhanced mode for Dolby Vision and HDR passthrough. My current setup is a 10 ft Fiber HDMI and one 20 ft Monoprice Premuim cable. My issue is no longer present. Due to reading some recommendations I will be swapping the 20ft cable with a slimmer 8 ft Monoprice premium HDMI cables to keep them short. Just to clarify before posting I tried using an HDMI port on the Denon reciever close to the video output and that didn't fix the problem. Monoprice exchanged all the HDMI certified cables and new cables still gave me sparkles. I tried using the two 8ft Monoprice premium cables and had issues. I couldn't test my old Denon (10 yrs old) because it didn't do 4K video. Glad it was a cable issue. Though the Fiber HDMI is a bit pricey it took care of the problem. I went with the 10ft length as I didn't need a really long cable and avoid spending more money for a longer cable. I want to Thank everyone for their recommendations.
post #23170 of 23704 Old 06-14-2019, 08:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post

It's also worth noting that Premium Certified Cables are also High Speed (they're both HDMI Category 2 cables). The certified versions have simply been tested to pass 18G, have some RF minimization and a specified wrap radius. ...

Unless you know for sure non-certified cables are equal or better than certified the advice to the average person buying should be to pick the certified ones. But admittedly even certified cabled could be bad.

If you are running 60hz/DV HDR I’d certainly want to make sure they are certified, which many folks do as it is the default with their ATV, why mess around?
galonzo and pappaduke like this.
post #23171 of 23704 Old 06-14-2019, 08:14 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Liked: 553
The Monoprice Certified Premium High Speed HDMI cables are just fine for the average 4K install. Anything above 15ft can be touchy and higher end receiver brands may be another matter. However, the Monoprice Certified Premium High Speed HDMI cables are so cheap that I simply buy extras of each size I use and still come out WAY better than my historical cable purchases. I remember paying hundreds of dollars each time I upgraded a component in my device chain. Not any more!

Leon McKee
R8ders2K, rakstr, bmcleod and 6 others like this.

LR: XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB 5th Gen | UBP-X700 | URC MX-890 | SoundTouch 300 | Luminoodle Bias Lighting
MBR: KDL-65W850A | ATV4K-64GB 5th Gen | URC MX-890 | Luminoodle Bias Lighting
4K HDR/DV Chains: ATV4K/UBP-X700>3ft Monoprice Certified Premium Cables>65X930E
Computing, Truck & Communication Devices: Proud Apple Customer Since 1979
post #23172 of 23704 Old 06-15-2019, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Ditto. When I got my 4K setup, I also got Monoprice Certified Premium HDMI cables for everything and other than forgetting to reset my Sony 940E's Enhanced HDMI after getting a new firmware update, and all's well.
galonzo likes this.

Sony XBR-75X940E
Onkyo TX-NR777
DIRECTV HS17 + C61K
Oppo UDP-203
TV 4K
post #23173 of 23704 Old 06-15-2019, 10:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
A4KTV with Outlaw 976 pre-processor advice

I am currently upgrading my projector from a Panasonic AE-4000 to an Epson 5050UB with the primary input source being an ATV4K. My current setup revolves around a Outlaw 950 preamp processor with separate power amplifiers with a 5.1 setup. I am not interested in Atmos at this time given the physical restrictions of the media room but in the future would be interested in upgrading to a 7.2 setup. Since my current pre-processor does not support 4K I have been looking at replacing it with the Outlaw 976 pre-processor which has the following specifications:

•Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby Digital decoding; DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High-Resolution Audio and DTS decoding
•Dolby Pro Logic IIx, Dolby Pro Logic II, and DTS NEO:6 processing
•10 band PEQ for each channel
•All Channels Stereo
•Advanced Dual Core DSP
•HDMI Standby Pass-Thru
•Quadruple Crossover Control (Separate settings for Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R)
•Lip Synch Delay
•On Screen Display (via HDMI only)
•192 kHz 24-bit DAC's for all channels
•4 HDMI 4K/HDR Inputs
•2 HDMI 1080P Inputs; 1 on rear panel, 1 on front
•2 HDMI Outputs; 1 HDMI 2.0b/ HDCP 2.2 output
•7.2 XLR/RCA pre-amp outputs
•4 Digital Inputs (2 coaxial, 2 optical)
•7.1 Analog Audio Input
•4 Stereo Analog Audio Inputs
•High performance tuner
•Direct access station tuning via remote control
•5-Volt Trigger
•Advanced Config. Settings
•Discrete IR on/off and input commands
•Aluminum Front Panel & Remote Control

Based on my reading this pre-amplifier should work seamlessly with the Apple 4KTV. However given my somewhat limited understanding I would appreciate comments regarding the pros and cons of this approach.
post #23174 of 23704 Old 06-15-2019, 12:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 2724 Post(s)
Liked: 1956
Welcome to AVS. You will get lots more opinion than you may have bargained for, but you will be richer for it, if you wade through it all.

Here is my opinion:

You will definitely want to ask in the thread dedicated to your proposed pre-amp whether there are any AppleTV users there that have impressions to report.

I'd guess that that unit will work fine, but will limit you if you want to use it with another display in the future (eg, no DV support).

Although you say you are not interested in ATMOS, I believe that ATMOS is more than just overhead speakers -- and that a 7.1 system benefits from being able to decode ATMOS for a better audio experience that the default linear PCM output of the ATV.

And of course, there are lots of ways to split the signal from the ATV so that you could keep your current audio processor for now and save quite a bit of money (and I don't see that your proposed new AV processor gives you any audio advantages over your old one, though that's a topic for another thread).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Smith View Post
I am currently upgrading my projector from a Panasonic AE-4000 to an Epson 5050UB with the primary input source being an ATV4K. My current setup revolves around a Outlaw 950 preamp processor with separate power amplifiers with a 5.1 setup. I am not interested in Atmos at this time given the physical restrictions of the media room but in the future would be interested in upgrading to a 7.2 setup. Since my current pre-processor does not support 4K I have been looking at replacing it with the Outlaw 976 pre-processor which has the following specifications:

•Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby Digital decoding; DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High-Resolution Audio and DTS decoding
•Dolby Pro Logic IIx, Dolby Pro Logic II, and DTS NEO:6 processing
•10 band PEQ for each channel
•All Channels Stereo
•Advanced Dual Core DSP
•HDMI Standby Pass-Thru
•Quadruple Crossover Control (Separate settings for Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R)
•Lip Synch Delay
•On Screen Display (via HDMI only)
•192 kHz 24-bit DAC's for all channels
•4 HDMI 4K/HDR Inputs
•2 HDMI 1080P Inputs; 1 on rear panel, 1 on front
•2 HDMI Outputs; 1 HDMI 2.0b/ HDCP 2.2 output
•7.2 XLR/RCA pre-amp outputs
•4 Digital Inputs (2 coaxial, 2 optical)
•7.1 Analog Audio Input
•4 Stereo Analog Audio Inputs
•High performance tuner
•Direct access station tuning via remote control
•5-Volt Trigger
•Advanced Config. Settings
•Discrete IR on/off and input commands
•Aluminum Front Panel & Remote Control

Based on my reading this pre-amplifier should work seamlessly with the Apple 4KTV. However given my somewhat limited understanding I would appreciate comments regarding the pros and cons of this approach.
galonzo likes this.
post #23175 of 23704 Old 06-15-2019, 12:49 PM

Liked: 0
Nathan thanks for the quick response. Never took into account that the Outlaw 976 does not support DVR, point well taken. I am intrigued re your suggestion of splitting the AT4K signal so as to allow (I am assuming) the video signal to go directly to the projector and the audio via a optical cable (Again I am assuming) to be connected to the old Outlaw pre-processor. What splitter/switch would you recommend?
post #23176 of 23704 Old 06-15-2019, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Turning Atmos Off?

Does anyone know how to prevent the ATV4K from switching Atmos on every time I turn it on? My AVR is an older Harman Kardon and doesn’t support Atmos and I only have a 5.1 setup. With Atmos on I’ve experienced hiccups in the ATV communicating with the AVR which has resulted in no sound. It’s a bit annoying that I have to switch Atmos off every single time I start up the ATV but if that’s the only option so be it.
post #23177 of 23704 Old 06-15-2019, 11:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

In case it helps anyone else:

I kept getting a message "Your HDMI connection is getting better" when I ran the HDMI Connection test on my Apple 4K TV. Based on someone helping me on a message thread for my TV, I fixed it. That person suggested that my connection was good but there were past problems so it gave that "getting better" result.

I doubted Apple would be that literal in its result comments and assumed instead it was a poor, language translation of something such as "ok-fair connection", "not best" or "something", but I did a factory reset to test. Then I ran the HDMI connection check and this time I got the "Your HDMI Connection is good" result. I remember when I initially setup my Apple TV 4k device that I ran that test but canceled it during the test because it was taking so long and at that time I did not know it took 2 or 3 minutes and had black screens as it changed display formats. I guess that cancelation caused it to log a problem and then that "getting better" result happened on all my subsequent tests.

Last edited by checker9; 06-15-2019 at 11:52 PM.
post #23178 of 23704 Old 06-16-2019, 04:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 1583 Post(s)
Liked: 885
Quote:
In case it helps anyone else:

I kept getting a message "Your HDMI connection is getting better" when I ran the HDMI Connection test on my Apple 4K TV. Based on someone helping me on a message thread for my TV, I fixed it. That person suggested that my connection was good but there were past problems so it gave that "getting better" result.

I doubted Apple would be that literal in its result comments and assumed instead it was a poor, language translation of something such as "ok-fair connection", "not best" or "something", but I did a factory reset to test. Then I ran the HDMI connection check and this time I got the "Your HDMI Connection is good" result. I remember when I initially setup my Apple TV 4k device that I ran that test but canceled it during the test because it was taking so long and at that time I did not know it took 2 or 3 minutes and had black screens as it changed display formats. I guess that cancelation caused it to log a problem and then that "getting better" result happened on all my subsequent tests.

Glad the reset fixed your HDMI issue but in the two years (approx) I’ve had my ATV4K, I’ve never seen or heard of anyone in this thread getting the message “Your HDMI connection is getting better”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike
Sony XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB & 32GB 5th Gen | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2017 | Logitech Harmony Elite
post #23179 of 23704 Old 06-16-2019, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariokrt64 View Post
Problem solved...posting solution

Realized was getting the following error msg, probably got it tonight since haven't notice before...

"Account sign in failed

Apple TV can't sign in to the iTunes Store until the Network Time has been set...."

I thought this referred to do the setting of the time zone in the menu but found a support article that indicated....

"At home

If your Apple TV is connected to your network at home and it doesn't get past the date and time screen, try restarting your Internet modem and router.

If you still can't set the date and time on your Apple TV, contact your Internet service provider or router manufacturer to make sure that NTP port 123 isn't being blocked.

You might also try connecting your Apple TV to another network if it's available, like at a friend's house. "

So I re-booted the modem and still didn't work....then restared the ATV and bingo....problem solved...

Basically a modem reboot was all that was needed...Go figure...Now I am a happy man....
My Denon receiver would never connect for firmware updates, nor would my Apple TV register when I first got it. I tried bypassing the router, by they modem and no go. The only thing that worked was to connect to my phone hotspot. Smooth sailing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Home theatre: 65" Samsung KS8500 /Sony UBD-X800 / Xbox One X Project Scorpio / PS4 Pro
Denon AVR-X4400H 7.1.4 config. / Plantronics Dolby Atmos RIG 600LX
Pioneer Andrew Jones L,R,C,SL,SR,SBL,SBR / (4) Polk Atrium 5 series FHL,FHR,RHL,RHR
SVS PB-2000 w/ SVS SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System
post #23180 of 23704 Old 06-16-2019, 04:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_snow View Post
Glad the reset fixed your HDMI issue but in the two years (approx) I’ve had my ATV4K, I’ve never seen or heard of anyone in this thread getting the message “Your HDMI connection is getting better”.

I have that message and I've also seen the HDMI failure prompting me to run the HDMI test.

However, I believe the HDMI failure was induced by Tennis TV app not having a natural close of app with back button. If I force home by holding the menu button, I'm likely to get that failure and prompt. I've seen that multiple times too, but only when exiting that app.

If I use home or force close the app, I'm less likely to experience that. Maybe not at all? I think so.

But I am convinced that a reset is the only way to clear that message that states "your HDMI connection is getting better. We'll continue to monitor it". I've never actually failed the HDMI test when prompted to run it but exiting that app unnaturally has faulted the HDMI connection. I just ignore it; as far as I know, seeing that message after the prompt just means the HDMI test passed, but HDMI had been flagged for some reason, like mine.

I've asked Tennis TV support to fix that app but the issue remains. How about framerate matching? How about offering the option to start from beginning or where left off like Roku does for on-demand or marches in progress? They just update the app but change none of the above. I just use the home button or force close it now.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
galonzo likes this.
post #23181 of 23704 Old 06-16-2019, 04:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5048 Post(s)
Liked: 3574
Anyone else have the beta toggle disappear?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
Garyoke likes this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #23182 of 23704 Old 06-16-2019, 06:43 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked: 93
I’m hearing impaired and it’s gotten worse. I use a TCL R615-65 which I paired to a Roku enhanced remote to and use the headphones with the headphone jack on the remote and am able to hear much of the audio and my enjoyment of programs is so much greater than before.

My other TV that I watch a good bit is a Vizio D70-C3. I haven’t found any way of replicating what I have with the TCL Roku.

Is it possible to replicate this with the Apple TV 4K? I played around with it a bit last night and got lost in the maze of menus and settings. I was thinking the audio would allow for private listening on my IPhone 6S Plus (the best ever made IMHO). Does anyone know if this is possible and could give me step by step instructions?

Another issue I have had is it seems that the IPhone volume max is capped and the Roku apps don’t work too well for me on IPhone due to low max volume. Although this may be an iPhone forum question, is there a way to adjust the IPhone volume other than using the side buttons. I have gone from an early adopter 10 years ago to almost a newbie now. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Memphis Tiger Fan-Sports enthusiast
post #23183 of 23704 Old 06-16-2019, 07:24 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhseven View Post
I’m hearing impaired and it’s gotten worse. I use a TCL R615-65 which I paired to a Roku enhanced remote to and use the headphones with the headphone jack on the remote and am able to hear much of the audio and my enjoyment of programs is so much greater than before.

My other TV that I watch a good bit is a Vizio D70-C3. I haven’t found any way of replicating what I have with the TCL Roku.

Is it possible to replicate this with the Apple TV 4K? I played around with it a bit last night and got lost in the maze of menus and settings. I was thinking the audio would allow for private listening on my IPhone 6S Plus (the best ever made IMHO). Does anyone know if this is possible and could give me step by step instructions?

Another issue I have had is it seems that the IPhone volume max is capped and the Roku apps don’t work too well for me on IPhone due to low max volume. Although this may be an iPhone forum question, is there a way to adjust the IPhone volume other than using the side buttons. I have gone from an early adopter 10 years ago to almost a newbie now. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Have you considered Bluetooth headphones? Those can vary in cost from cheap to expensive but for TV likely gets the job on the cheap. The Apple TV 4K will do Bluetooth audio too.

Your TVs may support Bluetooth as well. Private listening with Roku consumes a lot of battery.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
post #23184 of 23704 Old 06-16-2019, 07:27 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 6277 Post(s)
Liked: 5920
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhseven View Post

If you get a pair of Bluetooth headphones you can pair them to the AppleTV.
post #23185 of 23704 Old 06-16-2019, 07:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 1583 Post(s)
Liked: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
Anyone else have the beta toggle disappear?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

I’ve heard other people mention it.

shoman94 likes this.

Mike
Sony XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB & 32GB 5th Gen | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2017 | Logitech Harmony Elite
post #23186 of 23704 Old 06-17-2019, 08:30 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked: 322
I’ve sorry if this has been asked and answered before. Does anyone know if it’s possible to upgrade a movie linked to your iTunes in sdr to its hdr/dv version if it was not done automatically already?

I own black mass in sdr, linked a couple years ago before the DV version was released. It did not upgrade automatically and since I own it I don’t see an option to buy in the store anymore.

post #23187 of 23704 Old 06-17-2019, 09:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 1542 Post(s)
Liked: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma1746 View Post
I’ve sorry if this has been asked and answered before. Does anyone know if it’s possible to upgrade a movie linked to your iTunes in sdr to its hdr/dv version if it was not done automatically already?

I own black mass in sdr, linked a couple years ago before the DV version was released. It did not upgrade automatically and since I own it I don’t see an option to buy in the store anymore.

You have to gift it to yourself.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Ph8te and ma1746 like this.
post #23188 of 23704 Old 06-17-2019, 09:20 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Has anyone had any issues with Infuse causing black crush on HDR playback when subtitles or an onscreen menu is enabled? here is a link to the video I took showing what happens. https://streamable.com/zmpgg
post #23189 of 23704 Old 06-17-2019, 09:22 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 6277 Post(s)
Liked: 5920
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAINJPW View Post
Has anyone had any issues with Infuse causing black crush on HDR playback when subtitles or an onscreen menu is enabled? here is a link to the video I took showing what happens. https://streamable.com/zmpgg

I haven’t, but you may want to post on the firecore forums to see if folks there have.
post #23190 of 23704 Old 06-17-2019, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 30
After a couple months I am revisiting the HDMI-CEC power on/off to which the Apple TV (via ATV remote, siri, or shortcut) turns on the AVR, which turns on the Sony TV.
The reverse of which the Sony TV turns off the AVR which turns off the ATV works great. Very Solid but it will not work full duplex in the other direction. Is this possible? no harmony... I hear the comments already! LOL
Not a necessity but would be nice to work that way in my OCD world. I hope you understand..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
apple 4k tv , Apple Tv Mc572ll A , Apple Tv Md199ll A , grainy , hdr , issue , mgy52ll , mqd22ll , Samsung

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page