Apple TV owners' thread. FAQ in first post - Page 994 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 33114Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #29791 of 30316 Old 05-28-2020, 02:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 252
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Hi

Hopefully someone can help, I have noticed in Dolby Vision content I am getting jaggies, noticeable on lettering. I only really watch Netflix on APTV 4K box, and I see the jaggies most noticeably at the start of shows, when the "Netflix original show" displays in big white letters.

I'm watching on an LG CX oled and apple 4k tv is connected directly to TV.

On the TV Netflix internal app its fine.


Is this to do with the Apple box not supporting 24fps?
gunner842 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #29792 of 30316 Old 05-28-2020, 03:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
roland6465's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 1,643
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner842 View Post
Hi

Hopefully someone can help, I have noticed in Dolby Vision content I am getting jaggies, noticeable on lettering. I only really watch Netflix on APTV 4K box, and I see the jaggies most noticeably at the start of shows, when the "Netflix original show" displays in big white letters.

I'm watching on an LG CX oled and apple 4k tv is connected directly to TV.

On the TV Netflix internal app its fine.


Is this to do with the Apple box not supporting 24fps?

I chalk it up to taking a few seconds to buffer enough to get to full resolution. Happened to me quite a bit. I usually pause as soon as a program starts for a few seconds, and when I start back up, it's fine.
gunner842 likes this.
roland6465 is offline  
post #29793 of 30316 Old 05-28-2020, 04:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 252
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by roland6465 View Post
I chalk it up to taking a few seconds to buffer enough to get to full resolution. Happened to me quite a bit. I usually pause as soon as a program starts for a few seconds, and when I start back up, it's fine.
Yeah that's what I tried but it doesn't seem to solve it, I read that it could be something to do with 24fps content not supported on apple tv 4k box and this can cause occasional stutter and jaggies?

In the UK we have restricted bitrate at present due to covid19 so perhaps that is not helping either.
gunner842 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #29794 of 30316 Old 05-28-2020, 04:13 AM
Advanced Member
 
gossamer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 628
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 282
I created a List on my iPhone for HBO Max, when I go to the ATV app I don't see a List. Anyone else?

LG OLED 65C7P • Apple TV 4K • Roku Ultra 2018 • Oppo BDP-103 Blu-ray • LG UP970 UHD BD
Denon X3400H AVR • Paradigm Cinema 110 CT Speaker System • SVS SB-1000
gossamer88 is offline  
post #29795 of 30316 Old 05-28-2020, 04:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
bodosom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Niagara Frontier
Posts: 10,204
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2498 Post(s)
Liked: 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner842 View Post
I read that it could be something to do with 24fps content not supported on apple tv 4k box
No. Think about what a 23.9/24.0 framerate mismatch does.
gunner842 likes this.

I might type 2K for 1080p.
UDP-203/ATV4K(6,2)/X4700H/LG C8
bodosom is online now  
post #29796 of 30316 Old 05-28-2020, 05:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
bodosom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Niagara Frontier
Posts: 10,204
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2498 Post(s)
Liked: 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon_67 View Post
Why doesn’t Apple TV display Dolby Vision content in BT.2020?
That's a subtle question but I believe the simplest* answer is that the ATV4K does send a valid DoVi signal.


*The more complex answer involves having information you haven't provided.

I might type 2K for 1080p.
UDP-203/ATV4K(6,2)/X4700H/LG C8
bodosom is online now  
post #29797 of 30316 Old 05-28-2020, 05:51 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 216
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post
That's a subtle question but I believe the simplest* answer is that the ATV4K does send a valid DoVi signal.


*The more complex answer involves having information you haven't provided.
Would you mind expanding on this? I'm very curious about the more complex answer, because I recently noticed this myself, when comparing the Apple TV Dolby Vision output, to an Oppo UDP-203 and 2019 Shield TV Pro, which both reported Rec. 2020 when in Dolby Vision, whereas the Apple TV did not. If there is any information I need to provide, just let me know!
jwort93 is online now  
post #29798 of 30316 Old 05-28-2020, 06:16 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
I created a List on my iPhone for HBO Max, when I go to the ATV app I don't see a List. Anyone else?
It works for me.
Frank Monroe is online now  
post #29799 of 30316 Old 05-28-2020, 06:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Bacon_67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 365
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post
That's a subtle question but I believe the simplest* answer is that the ATV4K does send a valid DoVi signal.


*The more complex answer involves having information you haven't provided.

It doesn't trigger BT.2020 on my LG C7 OLED in Netflix, Vudu, MoviesAnywhere, etc. The 2019 Shield TV does.
Bacon_67 is online now  
post #29800 of 30316 Old 05-28-2020, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
bodosom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Niagara Frontier
Posts: 10,204
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2498 Post(s)
Liked: 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwort93 View Post
Would you mind expanding on this? I'm very curious about the more complex answer, because I recently noticed this myself, when comparing the Apple TV Dolby Vision output, to an Oppo UDP-203 and 2019 Shield TV Pro, which both reported Rec. 2020 when in Dolby Vision, whereas the Apple TV did not. If there is any information I need to provide, just let me know!
What device is reporting Rec.2020 (vs. Rec.709)? The source, the AVR, the display? My display doesn't directly* report color space and if you're sending 8bit encapsulated DoVi I don't believe the meta-data is visible until it's de-encapsulated.


*If it says HDR/DoVi I choose to believe the color space is correct because I assume rend[er]ing 2020 as 709 would be obvious.
nathan_h likes this.

I might type 2K for 1080p.
UDP-203/ATV4K(6,2)/X4700H/LG C8

Last edited by bodosom; 05-28-2020 at 10:44 AM.
bodosom is online now  
post #29801 of 30316 Old 05-28-2020, 09:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 216
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post
What device is reporting Rec.2020 (vs. Rec.709)? The source, the AVR, the display? My display doesn't directly* report color space and if you're sending 8bit encapsulated DoVi I don't believe the meta-data is visible until it's de-encapsulated.


*If it says HDR/DoVi I choose to believe the color space is correct because I assume rending 2020 as 709 would be obvious.
The display (LG C9) is reporting Rec. 2020 for the Shield TV and Oppo UDP-203, and is not reporting it for the Apple TV 4K.
jwort93 is online now  
post #29802 of 30316 Old 05-28-2020, 09:32 AM
Advanced Member
 
gossamer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 628
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Monroe View Post
It works for me.
SMH...I see it now. It's on the homepage. I was looking for it in the Browse section...lol

LG OLED 65C7P • Apple TV 4K • Roku Ultra 2018 • Oppo BDP-103 Blu-ray • LG UP970 UHD BD
Denon X3400H AVR • Paradigm Cinema 110 CT Speaker System • SVS SB-1000
gossamer88 is offline  
post #29803 of 30316 Old 05-28-2020, 09:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 216
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post
What device is reporting Rec.2020 (vs. Rec.709)? The source, the AVR, the display? My display doesn't directly* report color space and if you're sending 8bit encapsulated DoVi I don't believe the meta-data is visible until it's de-encapsulated.


*If it says HDR/DoVi I choose to believe the color space is correct because I assume rending 2020 as 709 would be obvious.
To expand on my previous post a bit more, here are some screenshots of the basic HDMI info overlay, and subsequently the in-depth HDMI Diagnostics page, for both the Apple TV 4K, and the Shield TV (2019), while playing back the Ozark in Dolby Vision from Netflix. You'll see the second pair belonging to the Shield TV reporting BT. 2020, whereas the Apple TV 4K screenshots do not. If it truly was displaying in BT. 709, it would definitely be obvious the difference between the two, as you mentioned, which it's not, so I do think the Apple TV 4K is still displaying correctly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0141.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	2733578   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0142.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	2733580   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0145.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	1,006.9 KB
ID:	2733582   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0146.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	2733584  
jwort93 is online now  
post #29804 of 30316 Old 05-28-2020, 09:51 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 177
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProblemHouston View Post
Good morning/afternoon

I am halfway through the process of ripping my BD collection with MakeMKV (about 300 total). I have just ordered the Synology DS-918+ with 4x4TB drives. I wanted to get an NVIDIA Shield Pro (for ATMOS) but it looks like no one has them in stock. While searching the internet about ATMOS and ATV4K I found something that was interesting. A youtube blogger seems to believe that we will be getting a new ATV soon. If that is the case and It can do ATMOS lossless I am all in. Until we know more I need to get my PLEX streaming media server up and running and was thinking I could use an older ATV HD. Can anyone tell me if the HD will stream PLEX and what are any drawbacks using the HD version and not the 4K version?
That older ATV will probably work as a temporary Plex client, but you obviously won't get 4K or Atmos. I got frustrated at Apple's refusal to allow audio passthrough, so I wound up buying a Vero 4K+, and it's great. Plays anything I throw at it, and the support is excellent.
psuKinger likes this.
Bill Wolfer is offline  
post #29805 of 30316 Old 05-28-2020, 11:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Bacon_67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 365
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwort93 View Post
To expand on my previous post a bit more, here are some screenshots of the basic HDMI info overlay, and subsequently the in-depth HDMI Diagnostics page, for both the Apple TV 4K, and the Shield TV (2019), while playing back the Ozark in Dolby Vision from Netflix. You'll see the second pair belonging to the Shield TV reporting BT. 2020, whereas the Apple TV 4K screenshots do not. If it truly was displaying in BT. 709, it would definitely be obvious the difference between the two, as you mentioned, which it's not, so I do think the Apple TV 4K is still displaying correctly.
What’s weird is the tv will display BT.2020 for HDR10 content, but not DV.
Bacon_67 is online now  
post #29806 of 30316 Old 05-28-2020, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
bodosom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Niagara Frontier
Posts: 10,204
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2498 Post(s)
Liked: 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwort93 View Post
To expand on my previous post a bit more, here are some screenshots of the basic HDMI info overlay, and subsequently the in-depth HDMI Diagnostics page, for both the Apple TV 4K
I don't believe I have the advanced HDMI diagnostics but I do see the BT.2020 badge with DoVi from a Shield but not from the ATV4K. Yet another thing.

I might type 2K for 1080p.
UDP-203/ATV4K(6,2)/X4700H/LG C8
bodosom is online now  
post #29807 of 30316 Old 05-28-2020, 11:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 216
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post
I don't believe I have the advanced HDMI diagnostics but I do see the BT.2020 badge with DoVi from a Shield but not from the ATV4K. Yet another thing.
To get to the advanced HDMI Diagnostics page on my C9, I do the following:

1) Long press the settings button on the LG remote
2) Go to the "Channels" icon on the left sidebar
3) Hightlight "Channel Tuning"
4) Press "1" five times in a row
5) When the "Host Diagnostics" page opens up, click the right arrow on your remote to highlight "HDMI Mode :", and click on it

If you can't do step 5, then you can't get to the HDMI Diagnostics page. I can get to it on my C9, but my older B7 in a different room doesn't seem to support it, can only get to the Host Diagnostics page on the B7.
galonzo likes this.
jwort93 is online now  
post #29808 of 30316 Old 05-28-2020, 02:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 252
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post
No. Think about what a 23.9/24.0 framerate mismatch does.
I'm guessing stutter?

What do you think it could be then, its really annoying not being able to work out whats causing the jaggies.
gunner842 is online now  
post #29809 of 30316 Old 05-28-2020, 08:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
davcole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,235
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Fandango Now app has come to Apple TV!

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
davcole is offline  
post #29810 of 30316 Old 05-28-2020, 08:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HD-Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bronx
Posts: 1,523
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by davcole View Post
Fandango Now app has come to Apple TV!

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

I guess I don’t understand why anyone would use it...? What the appeal of it over other options?


My 2019 TCL 6-Series QLED R625 Calibrated Settings
m_snow likes this.
HD-Master is online now  
post #29811 of 30316 Old 05-28-2020, 08:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
whotony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 1,278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Only to see things that are only available there like tv show?
whotony is offline  
post #29812 of 30316 Old 05-29-2020, 02:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lujan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SW USA
Posts: 9,779
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5206 Post(s)
Liked: 3219
Quote:
Originally Posted by davcole View Post
Fandango Now app has come to Apple TV!

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
None of my 4k titles are playing in 4k using this app.

lujan
695 Ultra HD
737 HD
4 SD
lujan is online now  
post #29813 of 30316 Old 05-29-2020, 03:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
davcole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,235
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
None of my 4k titles are playing in 4k using this app.
Same here.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
davcole is offline  
post #29814 of 30316 Old 05-29-2020, 03:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Brian Hampton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 9,467
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1602 Post(s)
Liked: 1058
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD-Master View Post
I guess I don’t understand why anyone would use it...? What the appeal of it over other options?


My 2019 TCL 6-Series QLED R625 Calibrated Settings
If you use Vudu you might need it. FandangoNow purchased Vudu but no one knows yet what will happen to it.

Popular theory is somehow Fandango will absorb Vudu libraries in some way. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a mess.

I looked through all the things I "bought" on iTunes, Vudu and Movies Anywhere and I'm picking up discs of anything I want to keep.

The T&C assure you that when you "buy" online movies you don't own anything except the ability to view them if they happen to have them aviailable at the time. I didn't realize that but iTunes support told me the "owners" can do whatever with the content and by "owners" they were not referring to me. So, these places sell stuff that belongs to others and hope for the best. I can't have a collection like that because I can't depend on it. The whole business model is being replaced by subscriptions. Every place that sold online movies is going out of business and the subscriptions for the moment are very popular. (UltraViolet, CinemaNow, Target Ticket, Vudu all failed so maybe it's not a cash cow after all?)

I still like to "own" movies and the only way forward is with physical or some type of hard copy. In the past iTunes would recommend you DL purchases right away. If you DL them you never lose them but you can not DL 4K at all currently even if you just want to buffer it by temporarily DL-ing it.

My Disc player has become my main player and my ATV4K is the ultimate source for everything else.



-Brian
joe221 and galonzo like this.

Last edited by Brian Hampton; 05-29-2020 at 03:16 AM.
Brian Hampton is offline  
post #29815 of 30316 Old 05-29-2020, 03:33 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
markus767's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 12,999
Mentioned: 226 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6644 Post(s)
Liked: 3525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hampton View Post
If you use Vudu you might need it. FandangoNow purchased Vudu but no one knows yet what will happen to it.

Popular theory is somehow Fandango will absorb Vudu libraries in some way. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a mess.

I looked through all the things I "bought" on iTunes, Vudu and Movies Anywhere and I'm picking up discs of anything I want to keep.

The T&C assure you that when you "buy" online movies you don't own anything except the ability to view them if they happen to have them aviailable at the time. I didn't realize that but iTunes support told me the "owners" can do whatever with the content and by "owners" they were not referring to me. So, these places sell stuff that belongs to others and hope for the best. I can't have a collection like that because I can't depend on it. The whole business model is being replaced by subscriptions. Every place that sold online movies is going out of business and the subscriptions for the moment are very popular. (UltraViolet, CinemaNow, Target Ticket, Vudu all failed so maybe it's not a cash cow after all?)

I still like to "own" movies and the only way forward is with physical or some type of hard copy. In the past iTunes would recommend you DL purchases right away. If you DL them you never lose them but you can not DL 4K at all currently even if you just want to buffer it by temporarily DL-ing it.

My Disc player has become my main player and my ATV4K is the ultimate source for everything else.



-Brian
Even when buying a disc you don't own the content. Common misconception about copyright laws. Theoretically the owner of the content could even revoke your right to watch content on discs you have bought (if that would be technically feasible)
Brian Hampton likes this.

Markus

"In science, contrary evidence causes one to question a theory. In religion, contrary evidence causes one to question the evidence." - Floyd Toole

Last edited by markus767; 05-29-2020 at 03:36 AM.
markus767 is offline  
post #29816 of 30316 Old 05-29-2020, 04:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Brian Hampton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 9,467
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1602 Post(s)
Liked: 1058
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus767 View Post
Even when buying a disc you don't own the content. Common misconception about copyright laws. Theoretically the owner of the content could even revoke your right to watch content on discs you have bought (if that would be technically feasible)
Thankfully what you do own is the disc and I have 2 players that function without being connected to the internet.

Still... EVERYTHING else is handled with elegance by my ATV4K. I still love it, I just collect hard copies and I recognize the UHD BD provides the best possible quality I can currently get.
dturturro likes this.
Brian Hampton is offline  
post #29817 of 30316 Old 05-29-2020, 09:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Carbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Boston, MA , USA
Posts: 1,708
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked: 346
They only get one chance at this though. If they yank movies that people have paid for and people have no way to get them back, That is the end of digital purchases. Not sure if discs would be around by then, but i for one would never give those studios money again. For subscription or digital.

1) JVC RS540, Monolith HTP-1, Outlaw Audio 7700 & 7140, Wharfedale Jade 7's series speakers, RSL C34e(Atmos)
2) LG OLED65B6, Integra DRC-R1.1, Emotiva XPA9, Klipsch RP8000F, Klipsch RP404C, Klipsch RP500SA, Klipsch RP140D
3) Sony XBR55F900, Yamaha CXA5100 & MX5000, GoldenEar SuperSat 3 System
Carbo is offline  
post #29818 of 30316 Old 05-30-2020, 04:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Brian Hampton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 9,467
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1602 Post(s)
Liked: 1058
I think more likely things will rotate out of the store front for limited periods as they go exclusively to studio subscription plans.

I don't think I lost anything in iTunes that I didn't get back. I did lose access to things temporarily. I should watch all the iTunes TV my kids have purchased in case those go to a studio+ type of exclusivities.

I hope for the best for Vudu users. Movies Anywhere adds a lot of stability to the online purchases and digital HD and 7/8 of my movies are in MA. I could lose Vudu and never notice. I have some free stuff on there that I haven't watched but just snagged because it was free, why not.

-Brian

Last edited by Brian Hampton; 05-30-2020 at 04:26 AM.
Brian Hampton is offline  
post #29819 of 30316 Old 05-30-2020, 04:28 AM
Senior Member
 
ggrossen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: london
Posts: 389
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Has anybody tried the Dolby atmos tracks on the ATV Tidal app? If so, have you found the volume really low compared to the normal stereo Tidal tracks? George

LG C9 | Lyngdorf MP50 (eARC)| NAD M25 | Nord One NC500DM MKII 3 Channel Monitor Audio | Platinum PL100 II | Monitor Audio Platinum PLC150 II | 6 Monitor Gold GXFX | JL Audio F212v2 | Virgin v6 | Pioneer LX 500 4k Blu-Ray | Apple TV 4k | Linn Sondek LP12
ggrossen is online now  
post #29820 of 30316 Old 05-30-2020, 06:14 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrossen View Post
Has anybody tried the Dolby atmos tracks on the ATV Tidal app? If so, have you found the volume really low compared to the normal stereo Tidal tracks? George
Yes, I played through several Atmos tracks last night and noticed I had to bump the volume up considerably compared to the normal stereo tracks.
Woot23 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
apple 4k tv , apple tv , Apple Tv Mc572ll A , Apple Tv Md199ll A , grainy , hdr , issue , Samsung

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off