KDLINKS HD720 Media Player with network attached storage (NAS) and FTP Server - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 41 Old 11-21-2013, 09:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Hey everyone, I started an *Official KDLINKS HD*** Official Thread over here:
https://www.avsforum.com/t/1500875/official-kdlinks-hd-streaming-media-player-thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old 11-28-2013, 08:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi, am trying to network the KDlinks HD700 to my PC hard drives, and I have checked and rechecked all the share and permissions settings -- I can see the drives on the KDlinks, but when I try to see the files themselves, it always asks me to logon to a network with an ID and password. According to KDlinks, this means the permissions are not set sorrectly, but I have rechecked every last one of the. Any ideas?  Many thanks.

post #33 of 41 Old 11-28-2013, 01:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Please use the official forum in the link above. Eric from kdlinks is monitoring that forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 41 Old 02-20-2014, 11:53 AM

Well this is interesting. I am confused as to how antoniaco would post the review as his own. This is a review I did a long time ago and since was taken down by Yahoo Voices. I now have a newer review of the KDLINKS HD720 on my website, but this is alarming to see. I understand how some think it's really promotional about how I didn't have any cons, but the only Con I found was no XBMC integration and GUI could have been better. I didn't really post those as cons because I knew what the machine was going to be used for and it's intended purpose therefor lacking those features didn't affect me. Still I would like to talk to Antoniaco about stealing reviews and posting them on forums as his own. 

post #35 of 41 Old 02-20-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by met64 View Post

Interesting…. this same review is published on Amazon.

lol it's my review, no idea why antoniaco would steal this and post onto this forum...

post #36 of 41 Old 06-26-2015, 10:30 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey all

Been reading this forum and this thread for a while. Splashed out on the HD720 to replace the need to move my laptop to the front room to play very HD content.

My only issue is that using my laptop, I am output at 120Hz on my Sharp TV. I can only achieve 1080p 60Hz using the HD720. I am a bit of a nitpicker, so I see ghosting on HD movies streaming across the network. I have bought a 3TB internal drive for the HD720 in an attempt to resolve it but I am not sure it will. I'll know tomorrow when Amazon deliver!

Are there any tricks to remove this ghosting? Do you think having an internal drive will help?

It'a a shame I cannot get HDMI to run 20m or so, otherwise I would have stuck with the gaming laptop approach
post #37 of 41 Old 06-27-2015, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bennett View Post
Hey all

Been reading this forum and this thread for a while. Splashed out on the HD720 to replace the need to move my laptop to the front room to play very HD content.

My only issue is that using my laptop, I am output at 120Hz on my Sharp TV. I can only achieve 1080p 60Hz using the HD720. I am a bit of a nitpicker, so I see ghosting on HD movies streaming across the network. I have bought a 3TB internal drive for the HD720 in an attempt to resolve it but I am not sure it will. I'll know tomorrow when Amazon deliver!

Are there any tricks to remove this ghosting? Do you think having an internal drive will help?

It'a a shame I cannot get HDMI to run 20m or so, otherwise I would have stuck with the gaming laptop approach
Why can't you get an HDMI run if that's your preferred solution? Monoprice sells 75 and 100 foot runs, which should be plenty for you.

Read. Think. Post. In that order, preferably

"If the Playstation and Xbox are like the Bloods and the Crips, then the Wii is whatever gang Sha Na Na was in" - Christian Finnegan
post #38 of 41 Old 08-12-2015, 09:49 AM

Liked: 0
Hi, guys! I just bought the HD720 on eBay and when I turned it on a message displayed on screen: NUpgrade
and I couldn't go on any further. Can anybody tell me what to do??
Thanks in Advance!!!
post #39 of 41 Old 08-12-2015, 10:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 947
sent you PM??

MickinCT
post #40 of 41 Old 08-12-2015, 10:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 947
Unit is dead send it back........

MickinCT
post #41 of 41 Old 01-04-2017, 04:36 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Does this device have an ycbcr option for output?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Kdlinks Hd720 Extreme Full Hd 1080p 3d Media Player With Internal Hdd Bay Gigabit Network Built In W

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page