*Official* KDLinks HD*** Streaming Media Player Thread - Page 28 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 19Likes

post #811 of 830 Old 11-23-2019, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is anyone else with a KDLinks A400 who has upgraded to the latest firmware, experiencing problems playing Divx files? Since I upgraded to firmware build number HMD-2.1.4, None of my Divx files (which used to play perfectly with the previous firmware) play (I now get a file error message when trying to play them). Also, all my files which are encoded at the 720x480 resolution, which used to play at the proper ratio, now look "stretched". Am I the only one experiencing these things? Does anyone know whether a newer firmware to fix these problems is being worked on? And lastly, since I regret having upgraded from my A400's original firmware (Android version 5.1.1...build number HMD-1.0.7) to the current version (Android 7.0...build number HMD-2.1.4), is there anyway I can revert to my A400's original firmware, or is that impossible to do? Thanks for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 830 Old 11-23-2019, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I found this KDLINKS Firmware Update on their web page: Build Number: HMD-2.14 2019-06-12.121317 (latest firmware with Google Play Enhancement) .

Is this compatible with my A400 that I purchased a few years back? I am currently running FW version HMD 2.0.6 2018-.4-17.114125.
post #813 of 830 Old 11-23-2019, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrele View Post
I found this KDLINKS Firmware Update on their web page: Build Number: HMD-2.14 2019-06-12.121317 (latest firmware with Google Play Enhancement) .

Is this compatible with my A400 that I purchased a few years back? I am currently running FW version HMD 2.0.6 2018-.4-17.114125.
Yes, it is compatible with your A400. But be warned, a few days ago I upgraded to that same version you want to upgrade to, and my A400 no longer plays any of my Divx files (I now get a file error message), all the files I have that were encoded at 720x480 (and all my VOBs and DVD ISO files) now appear "stretched", and the A400's external digital clock is back to working only in 24 hr mode. I contacted customer support, and was told they are working on another firmware update to correct those issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #814 of 830 Old 11-23-2019, 09:59 PM

Thanks for the information. I guess I'd better wait until they fix the issues with another firmware update.
cocopugg likes this.
post #815 of 830 Old 12-07-2019, 09:40 PM

I have now also discovered that with the latest firmware (HMD-2.1.4), my A400 can no longer play TrueHD audio. If anyone knows how, or if I can revert to the original firmware my A400 came with (Android version 5.1.1 Build number HMD-1.0.7), please let me know how. Thank you!
post #816 of 830 Old 12-13-2019, 09:17 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
A400 owner here. I'm reading a few places online that even when Imprex Engine is turned off it's not entirely turned off in reality? Is this really true? I just want the device to pass-through the video with no alterations.
post #817 of 830 Old 12-14-2019, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnowsaying View Post
A400 owner here. I'm reading a few places online that even when Imprex Engine is turned off it's not entirely turned off in reality? Is this really true? I just want the device to pass-through the video with no alterations.
I'm just curious, where do you see the option to turn off the "Imprex Engine"?
post #818 of 830 Old 12-16-2019, 06:42 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
During playback. Menu > PQ Settings > Imprex Engine
post #819 of 830 Old 12-16-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnowsaying View Post
During playback. Menu > PQ Settings > Imprex Engine
Thank you!
post #820 of 830 Old 12-23-2019, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I just bought the HD400 based on its ability to playback 3D files, which I want to do on my LG television that uses passive 3d. My method for creating the 3D file is to rip a 3D Blu Ray using MakeMKV. I check the option under video for "Mpeg4-MVC-3D."

The HD400 does not play it in 3D, and I have spent hours and hours trying to find out why it doesn't. (I'm currently using the default media player that comes with the HD400.) There is so much conflicting information on the internet about what the issue might be, and I am hoping someone here can provide me insight.

If I press the 3D button on the HD400 remote and set it to SBS to 3D, my television displays a message that it recognizes the stream as 3D. However, this doesn't work with my 3D glasses as it just looks terrible as the input isn't SBS. Selecting any of the other 3D options my television will not recognize them as 3D signals. I need the video stream to be recognized as an interlaced 3d video stream for the LG TV.

Does anybody have any insights on how I can natively pass through the 3D mkv file so that my television recognizes it as 3D?
post #821 of 830 Old 12-23-2019, 01:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1283 Post(s)
Liked: 533
I don't know, I have the a400 and it will only play back iso files in 3D. Or else use half resolution files, top/bottom or side by side. I tried with makemkv too, didn't work. Plays iso files great but the files have to be on the internal drive. I tried connecting drives or networking and it will get so far and then stop playing. So I guess it's fine if you don't mind moving files when you're ready to watch something.
Sean Davies likes this.

This line intentionally left blank.
post #822 of 830 Old 12-23-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
I don't know, I have the a400 and it will only play back iso files in 3D. Or else use half resolution files, top/bottom or side by side. I tried with makemkv too, didn't work. Plays iso files great but the files have to be on the internal drive. I tried connecting drives or networking and it will get so far and then stop playing. So I guess it's fine if you don't mind moving files when you're ready to watch something.
I appreciate the information. You are probably right I need to use ISO (which I haven't explored much because my Nero is creating corrupt ISO files). I think the frustrating thing is after all my research online, some people sounded like they were getting mkv files to work, but I'm thinking maybe they were just emulating 3D.
post #823 of 830 Old 12-24-2019, 11:00 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I’ve got the 720 but expect it’s similar to the 400. Try using tsMuxer to build your ISO files. I assume you have ripped the disc to your hard drIve. Use the appropriate Stream or Playlist file from the SSIF folder and you should be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sean Davies likes this.
post #824 of 830 Old 12-24-2019, 08:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1283 Post(s)
Liked: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Davies View Post
I appreciate the information. You are probably right I need to use ISO (which I haven't explored much because my Nero is creating corrupt ISO files). I think the frustrating thing is after all my research online, some people sounded like they were getting mkv files to work, but I'm thinking maybe they were just emulating 3D.
I believe some older devices supported full mkv 3D files, on Medi8er I think, some posts on here about it. Anyway, I use DVDfab for iso's. But since I can't have access to all iso files at once the device is pretty useless. Have to move the files to the drive even an 8tb drive isn't big enough to handle all my 3D discs. If it would handle the files with USB 3.0 connected drives it would be an awesome 3D media player. Unfortunately, I can't really recommend KDLINKS.
Sean Davies likes this.

This line intentionally left blank.
post #825 of 830 Old 12-25-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
I believe some older devices supported full mkv 3D files, on Medi8er I think, some posts on here about it. Anyway, I use DVDfab for iso's. But since I can't have access to all iso files at once the device is pretty useless. Have to move the files to the drive even an 8tb drive isn't big enough to handle all my 3D discs. If it would handle the files with USB 3.0 connected drives it would be an awesome 3D media player. Unfortunately, I can't really recommend KDLINKS.
I appreciate the answers from everybody! The solution (as you all stated) was to rip the 3D movies to ISO files, and then they play fine in 3D on the TV. I'm glad I came to this forum because after a bunch of research at other sites, the ISO solution wasn't discussed as how to play 3D.
post #826 of 830 Old 01-11-2020, 02:15 PM

On my KDLINKS A400 feeding my LGC9 65" OLED, what are the recommended output resolution and colorspace settings for 4k media? (2160p 60hz?) (YcbCr420 10 bit?)

No matter what colorspace setting I chose, after I play something, the setting always goes back to just YCbCr422.

Maybe my HDMI cables are not up to snuff? Using a 25' high speed. If I feed it direct, bypassing my Onkyo TX-RZ820, the colorspace setting sometimes will stay the same. When going through the receiver, they always get set back to YCbCr422.
post #827 of 830 Old 01-14-2020, 12:36 PM

How to access the internal HDD via network

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclejosh View Post
I have been using the same version of Windows 10 since I installed it as far as I know. I haven't installed any new versions or anything.

As for the SMB 1 or 2, I have no idea what that is. All I know is my box showed up as a network location in my Windows Explorer and I could transfer files from my PC to the box that way. All of a sudden I could not transfer the files. No problem accessing, transferring, or playing the files on my PC from the box though.
Did you ever get this worked out? I have the A400 connected on my network via cat6, but I can not for the life of me figure out how to access the internal HDD with windows explorer like I could the HD720... The A400 does show up on the network page, but as a media device and as an other device, but not as a computer like the HD720. Samba is on on the A400, and I can access the movies via VLC player, but I'm wanting to move movies TO the box from my win10 laptop.

Another question, what app or streaming device do you use to remotely access movies on other tvs in other areas of your house? I bought a fire stick and a roku thinking I could access the movies on the box in another area of the house, but so far I haven't been able to access anything.

An email came from support, and I changed some settings, but still unable to access the internal HDD... I would love advice from any of you who can access their box from a windows laptop. TIA
post #828 of 830 Old 01-17-2020, 10:26 PM

Does anyone else have any problems with their A400 playing TrueHD files? After I upgraded my firmware to build number HMD-2.1.4 2019-06-12 121317, my A400 is no longer able to play the sound from TrueHD tracks (the video portion still plays but no TrueHD audio tracks can be heard), my Divx encoded files no longer play, and all 720x480 files now appear stretched on my TV. Is there a special setting I need to set up in order to play TrueHD audio, that I'm not aware of? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
post #829 of 830 Old 01-18-2020, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclejosh View Post
I have been using the same version of Windows 10 since I installed it as far as I know. I haven't installed any new versions or anything.

As for the SMB 1 or 2, I have no idea what that is. All I know is my box showed up as a network location in my Windows Explorer and I could transfer files from my PC to the box that way. All of a sudden I could not transfer the files. No problem accessing, transferring, or playing the files on my PC from the box though.
this models kdlinks HD400, HD720 and HD800 reproduces blu ray ISO our BDMV from original menus and chappters? our alternativa BDLITE?
post #830 of 830 Old 01-20-2020, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 1
anyone here with KDlinks HD800? is he the best of the brand?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Kdlinks Hd720 Extreme Full Hd 1080p 3d Media Player With Internal Hdd Bay Gigabit Network Built In W

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page