roku 3 update - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-02-2014, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After many hours of exploring the capabilities of my roku 3 using my subscription to Netflix & hulu+ & the other free apps, I'm rethinking the negative remarks on my previous post. The PQ is varied for sure but on the latest content it is indeed better than I had experienced with my initial usage. I'm enjoying the varied programming that's available too. As for the sound...engaging the 'sound affects app' to the lowest setting is preferable to my previous recommendation of shutting off the surround sound altogether IMO. Some TV series & some movies do indeed provide DD 5.1+. PQ wise my dishnetwork & BluRay are both better, but on a lot of the latest roku 3 offerings I'm aware of, it is near comparable @ it's best, @ least to my dishnetwork PQ. I've not PPV'd any other apps. My other comment is in regards to the 'optional SD stick' I purchased @ the same time. I've yet to get it work after repeated attempts. It's 'unrecognized'. Bottom line for me, the roku 3 is indeed a worthwhile addition to my home entertainment arsenal.

Grouchy66
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Roku 3 Streaming Player With Motion Remote

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page