*Official* Amazon Fire TV Discussion Thread - Page 66 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 74Likes

post #1951 of 1959 Old 02-10-2020, 05:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 40
*Official* Amazon Fire TV Discussion Thread

I have an Amazon Fire TV box. I think it may be the first generation. I am guessing that I bought it roughly five years ago. Anyway, my wife uses it on a TV most often. She told me this weekend that she could no longer control the Fire TV box. I am pretty certain that the remote control is no longer working properly. I contacted support today and we tried to pair the remote control, but no light displayed.

The Customer Support Representative told me about the Fire TV smartphone app, so my wife can probably get by with that, at least for know. Anyway, it looks like the OEM replacement is either out of stock or no longer available. I have seen some after-market replacement remote controls.

So, I am looking for some advice here. Knowing what people here know, should I:

-Have my wife use the Android app and forget about using a remote control.

-Keep searching for a genuine OEM remote control.

-Buy an aftermarket remote control.

-Forget about the old Amazon Fire and buy a new Fire Stick or Cube.

Also, I gather that the new Fire TV remote controls are not backward compatible with the earlier Fire TV boxes. Can anybody here confirm?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1952 of 1959 Old 02-10-2020, 07:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Silly question- but did you try replacing the batteries?

New fire tv sticks are frequently on sale for $30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
I have an Amazon Fire TV box. I think it may be the first generation. I am guessing that I bought it roughly five years ago. Anyway, my wife uses it on a TV most often. She told me this weekend that she could no longer control the Fire TV box. I am pretty certain that the remote control is no longer working properly. I contacted support today and we tried to pair the remote control, but no light displayed.

The Customer Support Representative told me about the Fire TV smartphone app, so my wife can probably get by with that, at least for know. Anyway, it looks like the OEM replacement is either out of stock or no longer available. I have seen some after-market replacement remote controls.

Also, I gather that the new Fire TV remote controls are not backward compatible with the earlier Fire TV boxes. Can anybody here confirm?

2 Channel audio only:
ZUs Soul Superflys; Marantz PM15S2. Marantz SA8005; Rega RP3; Sonos Connect
ps - try before you buy, and always make sure you have a return option!
post #1953 of 1959 Old 02-10-2020, 07:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdjaye View Post
Silly question- but did you try replacing the batteries?

New fire tv sticks are frequently on sale for $30
That is not silly at all. Yes, I tried two different brands. Both were brand new right out of the pack.

Where shall I check for sales? Amazon itself, Best Buy, Target or somewhere else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1954 of 1959 Old 02-11-2020, 07:16 AM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post

What is the TV resolution and how long are you planning on keeping it? I might be tempted to just get a new 4K Fire Stick. I bought mine from Amazon but if you can find it cheaper go for it.
post #1955 of 1959 Old 02-11-2020, 07:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_gallup View Post
What is the TV resolution and how long are you planning on keeping it? I might be tempted to just get a new 4K Fire Stick. I bought mine from Amazon but if you can find it cheaper go for it.

Those are great questions. Honestly, until now, I had not given much thought to that. The TV it is connected to is just 1080. I don't recall if it is 1080i or 1080p. I am also sort of leaning towards just getting a new 4K Fire Stick. Even if I don't have a 4K TV currently, my next one probably will be.
HDMI Guy likes this.
post #1956 of 1959 Old 02-11-2020, 07:14 PM

Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 39
hello, quick question about video settings on the firetv 4k... i have a LG b7a OLED and have the firestick 4k connected via arc.

what should the "color format" be set to?? auto, RBG or ycbrc??
what should "color depth" be set to?? 8 bit, 10 bit or 12 bit?

i appreciate it!!
post #1957 of 1959 Old 02-22-2020, 03:32 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Offtopic I need few Help on this regard.

I bought an Amazon Fire TV stick. I try to plugged it into the HDMI port. I tried using the port on the TV and the port on the Set Top Box. On both of them I go to the remote, I press TV Input at the bottom of the remote, by repeatedly pressing TV Input I am able to get to HDMI 1 and HDMI 2. But I'm unable to select either HDMI port. I tried pushing OK/Enter and TV Input again. It doesn't work. How do I fix this?

I have VZ P265v2 RC and Motorola QIP7232 set top box

I read and go though some of the articles present in Internet but it wont help me to solve my issue.
post #1958 of 1959 Old 02-23-2020, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxerewd View Post

I bought an Amazon Fire TV stick. I try to plugged it into the HDMI port. I tried using the port on the TV and the port on the Set Top Box. On both of them I go to the remote, I press TV Input at the bottom of the remote, by repeatedly pressing TV Input I am able to get to HDMI 1 and HDMI 2. But I'm unable to select either HDMI port. I tried pushing OK/Enter and TV Input again. It doesn't work. How do I fix this?

I read and go though some of the articles present in Internet but it wont help me to solve my issue.

Try pressing the center of the circle on the remote to wake up the firestick. The tv won’t usually recognize the input if the device is sleeping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #1959 of 1959 Old 02-24-2020, 09:51 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 3194 Post(s)
Liked: 1463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxerewd View Post

Don't plug it into your set top box. It doesn't have any inputs, only outputs.

After you get it going, enable HDMI Control on your TV and the stick. That way, when you press Home on the stick remote, it will also turn on the TV and switch to the correct input automatically.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page