kdlinks HD700 HD audio decoding - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-03-2014, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently got HD700 and connected it to my LG 47LM7610 3D TV via HDMI. My receiver is Onkyo TX-SR607 which is not 3D ready but it can decode both dts HDMA and Dolby TrueHD audio. So, I connected optical cable both from TV and HD700 to my receiver. Dts HDMA does have a core Dts 5.1 which can be passed through optical cable, but unfortunately, while playing 3D/2D movies with Dts HDMA sound track, I am not getting dts 5.1 thru optical to my receiver, neither it is coming from TV to my receiver. My old Copa TV001 media player can perfectly do it. Question is, why an advanced media player like HD700 can't do it? I tried all options in audio setting both in HD700 and Onkyo receiver. Please, help me as to how can I get dts 5.1 thru optical cable while playing dts HDMA content. Same is the problem with core dd 5.1 of dolby truehd tracks. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-08-2014, 03:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 706
Which input of optical are you using to your AVR? For example if you TV optical is in optical 1, adn KDLinks in optical 2, which one are you using? Also what settings do you have in both TV and KDLinks? I had a similar issue with my PS3. The PS3 would play certain 3D movies with 5.1 DTS / DD, but other movies it would only play Stereo since the movies only had 5.1 / 7.1 HD and the second audio option was Stereo. I ended up just buying a Sony S5100 for 3D movies, and use my Dune D1 for 2D movies.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-11-2014, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

Which input of optical are you using to your AVR? For example if you TV optical is in optical 1, adn KDLinks in optical 2, which one are you using? Also what settings do you have in both TV and KDLinks? I had a similar issue with my PS3. The PS3 would play certain 3D movies with 5.1 DTS / DD, but other movies it would only play Stereo since the movies only had 5.1 / 7.1 HD and the second audio option was Stereo. I ended up just buying a Sony S5100 for 3D movies, and use my Dune D1 for 2D movies.
Hi, thanks for your response. I am using opt1 for TV and opt2 for KDlinks. I could manage to bring out 5.1 audio from KDlinks but still no success from TV. In TV, I put TV speakers off and digital out in auto which worked just fine with my Bluetimes TV001 media player but not working with KDlinks. I am not sure what I am missing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page