Sony FMP-X10 owners thread - Page 93 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 801Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2761 of 3914 Old 06-01-2015, 05:28 AM
Senior Member
 
RiED27880's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 474
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 186
where is amazon 4k at sony? lol just recently bought the 70X850B for the living room and hooked up my x10 from my 65x900a to it for testing and the extra 5" in 4k look stunning! The tv has amazon video 4k, since it already has HEVC265, and I finaly saw what was offered. we are not missing much. Everything is almost the exact same content we get on video unlimited 4k except for maybe 2 or 3 original series. I think sony does not want to include amazon on the x10 because it too gives you the option to buy or rent and it might compete with their unlimited service. Either way, they promised they would and now time is running out for their so called promise.
RiED27880 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2762 of 3914 Old 06-01-2015, 05:03 PM
Member
 
x21inc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiED27880 View Post
where is amazon 4k at sony? lol just recently bought the 70X850B for the living room and hooked up my x10 from my 65x900a to it for testing and the extra 5" in 4k look stunning! The tv has amazon video 4k, since it already has HEVC265, and I finaly saw what was offered. we are not missing much. Everything is almost the exact same content we get on video unlimited 4k except for maybe 2 or 3 original series. I think sony does not want to include amazon on the x10 because it too gives you the option to buy or rent and it might compete with their unlimited service. Either way, they promised they would and now time is running out for their so called promise.
I have always said Sony has a conflict of interest with Amazon just like you mentioned. 3 originals make a huge difference. It could keep you occupied for a bit till the next season of another 4K streaming service show arrives. Lord knows I'm sick of watching Marco Polo in 4K over and over again
x21inc is offline  
post #2763 of 3914 Old 06-02-2015, 12:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
Mdjones9137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 765
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by x21inc View Post
I have always said Sony has a conflict of interest with Amazon just like you mentioned. 3 originals make a huge difference. It could keep you occupied for a bit till the next season of another 4K streaming service show arrives. Lord knows I'm sick of watching Marco Polo in 4K over and over again
Watch Bloodline, - pretty good story and the Florida scenery looks great in 4k too.
They are not bad people, they just did a bad thing.
Miguel6868 likes this.
Mdjones9137 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2764 of 3914 Old 06-02-2015, 02:02 PM
Member
 
x21inc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdjones9137 View Post
Watch Bloodline, - pretty good story and the Florida scenery looks great in 4k too.
They are not bad people, they just did a bad thing.
Yes Bloodline is excellent. Can't wait for more Marvel stuff from Netflix
Mdjones9137 likes this.
x21inc is offline  
post #2765 of 3914 Old 06-02-2015, 05:09 PM
Member
 
WIKED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
Posts: 170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I wish there were more 4K movies that we could download on the box. I only turn mine on about once per month as there isn't much new on it unfortunately.

Hopefully one day more studios will agree doing this on one box etc. Maybe when 4k is outdated I guess
WIKED is online now  
post #2766 of 3914 Old 06-02-2015, 05:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
OzHDHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Antipodes aka Oz
Posts: 3,262
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1235 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIKED View Post
I wish there were more 4K movies that we could download on the box. I only turn mine on about once per month as there isn't much new on it unfortunately.

Hopefully one day more studios will agree doing this on one box etc. Maybe when 4k is outdated I guess
I'm getting the feeling not a lot will change with the box by the time UHD Bluray lands. So it will probably end up really as a streaming box with hopefully more than just Netflix 4K on it..
OzHDHT is offline  
post #2767 of 3914 Old 06-02-2015, 05:16 PM
Member
 
WIKED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
Posts: 170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Yeah Andrew hopefully it has more content one day as I have watched all the movies I would on it and it justs sit there. Silly me just installed MA's custom face plate for it (as I got MA to make a Foxtel IQ3 plate) in my rack so that may be the death of it then.
OzHDHT likes this.
WIKED is online now  
post #2768 of 3914 Old 06-03-2015, 10:26 AM
Member
 
zgemboandislic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzHDHT View Post
I'm getting the feeling not a lot will change with the box by the time UHD Bluray lands. So it will probably end up really as a streaming box with hopefully more than just Netflix 4K on it..
By the time UHD Bluray land it's gonna be another MiniDisc...
zgemboandislic is offline  
post #2769 of 3914 Old 06-03-2015, 04:16 PM
Advanced Member
 
Mdjones9137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 765
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgemboandislic View Post
By the time UHD Bluray land it's gonna be another MiniDisc...
They are now predicting UHD Bluray players and media announced in September and a reality for Year end.
Mdjones9137 is offline  
post #2770 of 3914 Old 06-03-2015, 05:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
OzHDHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Antipodes aka Oz
Posts: 3,262
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1235 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgemboandislic View Post
By the time UHD Bluray land it's gonna be another MiniDisc...
Is that some sort nod towards the idea that another disc format is irrelevant? If so, I'd say you're quite mistaken. No other delivery method for quite awhile will be able to deliver what's in the UHD Bluray spec. Also, while bandwidth is at a premium, 4K downloading or streaming as per what we've all experienced so far with the X1 and X10 is far from the idea substitute to a disc format like UHD Bluray.
Mdjones9137 likes this.
OzHDHT is offline  
post #2771 of 3914 Old 06-03-2015, 09:52 PM
Member
 
zgemboandislic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzHDHT View Post
Is that some sort nod towards the idea that another disc format is irrelevant? If so, I'd say you're quite mistaken. No other delivery method for quite awhile will be able to deliver what's in the UHD Bluray spec. Also, while bandwidth is at a premium, 4K downloading or streaming as per what we've all experienced so far with the X1 and X10 is far from the idea substitute to a disc format like UHD Bluray.
No, I meant Sony's X10 is going to be irrelevant and probably discontinued when UHD Blurays start arriving
zgemboandislic is offline  
post #2772 of 3914 Old 06-04-2015, 08:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Central IL
Posts: 4,982
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgemboandislic View Post
No, I meant Sony's X10 is going to be irrelevant and probably discontinued when UHD Blurays start arriving
Its still going to stream. Yeah, there might be a Roku 4K by then, but I'll already have had my X10 for a long time before that shows up, and it will be viable for 4K streaming for the foreseeable future.
Carlos_E likes this.

Matt
turls is offline  
post #2773 of 3914 Old 06-04-2015, 01:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
CJArciola, III's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: CT
Posts: 1,215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 159
What is the avg. price of most full length movies (buy and download)?
CJArciola, III is offline  
post #2774 of 3914 Old 06-04-2015, 03:51 PM
Advanced Member
 
Mdjones9137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 765
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJArciola, III View Post
What is the avg. price of most full length movies (buy and download)?
29.99 to buy and download
7.99 to download to rent (not an option on all)
Mdjones9137 is offline  
post #2775 of 3914 Old 06-05-2015, 04:51 PM
Senior Member
 
BiggShooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Valley Of The Sun
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Is anyone else having a problem with NETFLIX not showing up on the Sony FMP-X10? After the update, I'm not able to get the NETFLIX app (getting an error that it doesn't exist). Ideas? Suggestions??
BiggShooter is offline  
post #2776 of 3914 Old 06-05-2015, 05:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
Mdjones9137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 765
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggShooter View Post
Is anyone else having a problem with NETFLIX not showing up on the Sony FMP-X10? After the update, I'm not able to get the NETFLIX app (getting an error that it doesn't exist). Ideas? Suggestions??
After what update? Firmware PKG2.055AAQ is the latest version and it has been avail for a while now. Netflix shows up on my x10.

Last edited by Mdjones9137; 06-05-2015 at 05:11 PM.
Mdjones9137 is offline  
post #2777 of 3914 Old 06-05-2015, 05:27 PM
** Man of Leisure **
 
AustinJerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 20,723
Mentioned: 382 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11198 Post(s)
Liked: 6658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdjones9137 View Post
After what update? Firmware PKG2.055AAQ is the latest version and it has been avail for a while now. Netflix shows up on my x10.
Same firmware as mine. No issues with Netflix app.
AustinJerry is offline  
post #2778 of 3914 Old 06-05-2015, 05:40 PM
Senior Member
 
BiggShooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Valley Of The Sun
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdjones9137 View Post
After what update? Firmware PKG2.055AAQ is the latest version and it has been avail for a while now. Netflix shows up on my x10.
I just updated to the latest firmware. I haven't used the Sony FMP-X10 in awhile. When I press the NETFLIX button on the remote, I'm getting FEATURE NOT AVAILABLE. Any ideas / suggestions? I was able to get NETFLIX in the past on the Sony FMP-X10.
BiggShooter is offline  
post #2779 of 3914 Old 06-05-2015, 06:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
Mdjones9137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 765
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggShooter View Post
I just updated to the latest firmware. I haven't used the Sony FMP-X10 in awhile. When I press the NETFLIX button on the remote, I'm getting FEATURE NOT AVAILABLE. Any ideas / suggestions? I was able to get NETFLIX in the past on the Sony FMP-X10.
Try going into the Settings then Network then refresh internet content on the top of the main screen.
Mdjones9137 is offline  
post #2780 of 3914 Old 06-05-2015, 06:17 PM
Senior Member
 
BiggShooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Valley Of The Sun
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 84
I got it figured out. I reset the Sony FMP-X10. All is good now.

Thanks for the replied / suggestions.
BiggShooter is offline  
post #2781 of 3914 Old 06-05-2015, 06:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
OzHDHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Antipodes aka Oz
Posts: 3,262
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1235 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgemboandislic View Post
No, I meant Sony's X10 is going to be irrelevant and probably discontinued when UHD Blurays start arriving
I tend to think for the inconvenience of downloading titles yes most definitely its going make the X10 a bit irrelevant going forward. The streaming side could keep it relevant for a bit longer if they can add more services to it. With that said, its not hard to imagine something like say an Oppo UHD Bluray player also having streaming services available, much like the current services available with theirs and other brands of Bluray players.
OzHDHT is offline  
post #2782 of 3914 Old 06-09-2015, 12:41 PM
Senior Member
 
bjorg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: 3rd Rock from the Sun
Posts: 386
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 90
How is the picture quality on Fury? I thought Chappie looked phenomenal. If Fury looks half decent, I might pick it up.

Abstract yourself!
bjorg is offline  
post #2783 of 3914 Old 06-09-2015, 09:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thestewman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NW Chicago
Posts: 2,037
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorg View Post
How is the picture quality on Fury? I thought Chappie looked phenomenal. If Fury looks half decent, I might pick it up.
I thought the quality was better than average. Not exactly live 4K detail. You are limited by the film director.
The effects were excellent. Especially the tracer fire etc.
It also has excellent audio. Very realistic explosions etc.
thestewman is offline  
post #2784 of 3914 Old 06-11-2015, 11:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ggw2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 1,464
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Ten Days to Summer- do you know where your Amazon app is??? .
Carlos_E, Mdjones9137 and aflorida like this.
ggw2000 is offline  
post #2785 of 3914 Old 06-11-2015, 04:57 PM
Advanced Member
 
Mdjones9137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 765
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggw2000 View Post
Ten Days to Summer- do you know where your Amazon app is??? .
Gerry,
I just called Sony and told them my FMP-X10 was missing the Amazon 4k app that should have been delivered already
They created a case and will call me back.
ggw2000, Carlos_E and aflorida like this.
Mdjones9137 is offline  
post #2786 of 3914 Old 06-12-2015, 03:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ggw2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 1,464
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdjones9137 View Post
Gerry,
I just called Sony and told them my FMP-X10 was missing the Amazon 4k app that should have been delivered already
They created a case and will call me back.
Is that sort of like "the checks in the mail" . Be sure to let us know if you ever get a response..
Gerry
ggw2000 is offline  
post #2787 of 3914 Old 06-12-2015, 03:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
LeeSoFl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wellington, FL
Posts: 1,474
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggw2000 View Post
Is that sort of like "the checks in the mail"
Isn't there a second half to that statement?
LeeSoFl is offline  
post #2788 of 3914 Old 06-12-2015, 05:55 AM
Advanced Member
 
Mdjones9137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 765
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggw2000 View Post
Is that sort of like "the checks in the mail" . Be sure to let us know if you ever get a response..
Gerry
I will provide an update if I get one.
aflorida likes this.
Mdjones9137 is offline  
post #2789 of 3914 Old 06-13-2015, 05:09 AM
Senior Member
 
RiED27880's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 474
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Wow, even the 1080p content on Netflix looks so much better when you stream it through the x10, as opposed to directly from the TV app or ps4. The upscaling is so impressive! Looks almost like true 4k! And still waiting on amazon app Sony! 😕 where you at!?!!! Lol oh well, its Sony after all, and Netflix is adding more content by what I've seen lately.
RiED27880 is offline  
post #2790 of 3914 Old 06-13-2015, 07:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Wendell R. Breland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,010
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiED27880 View Post
Wow, even the 1080p content on Netflix looks so much better when you stream it through the x10, as opposed to directly from the TV app or ps4.
Depends. Most agree the Sony VW600 has a top notch scaler. I do not see much difference between a Panasonic DMP-BDT220 BD player and the FMP-X10 on HoC, S1 (when the X10 manages 1080). During prime time the X10 bounces up and down between 480, 720 and 1080, the 220 does not. The odd part is the X10 will play HoC, S2 & 3 at 2160 during those same time periods.
Wendell R. Breland is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
fmp-x10

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off