*Official* Tidal music streaming thread - Page 76 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 595Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2251 of 2280 Old 10-18-2019, 05:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
KenM10759's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Central MA USA
Posts: 5,805
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3501 Post(s)
Liked: 1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneartist View Post
I have used Tidal and MControl HD through PSAudio Bridge for a couple years trouble free. Today, Tidal will not play all the songs in an album in sequence. The first song on the album loops over and over. Any suggestions?
Seems to me you have a setting on your player that's set to repeat.

I know on Bluesound gear the BluOS app has an icon for that which toggles through OFF, LOOP ONE, LOOP PLAYLIST.

KEF R500, R200C, R100, R50, SVS SB2000 sub, NAD T758v3 AVR, LG UP875 4K BlueRay, Samsung UN55JU6500F 4K LED TV, KEF M500 headphones, Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer. Office: NAD M10, KEF LS50, KEF Kube 10b, Pro-Ject RPM1 TT w/ Ortofon 2M Red. Guest room: Hafler 300 L-R, KEF Reference Model 100 center, KEF iQ10 surrounds, modded M&K V-90 sub, Bluesound Vault 2.
KenM10759 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2252 of 2280 Old 10-18-2019, 08:14 PM
Senior Member
 
oneartist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central CA
Posts: 263
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenM10759 View Post
Seems to me you have a setting on your player
MConnect HD is my player and there is no setting like you mentioned
oneartist is offline  
post #2253 of 2280 Old 10-18-2019, 08:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
KenM10759's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Central MA USA
Posts: 5,805
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3501 Post(s)
Liked: 1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneartist View Post
MConnect HD is my player and there is no setting like you mentioned
It sure is acting like that though, and I don't have any such problem with Tidal using the Android app for Tidal.

KEF R500, R200C, R100, R50, SVS SB2000 sub, NAD T758v3 AVR, LG UP875 4K BlueRay, Samsung UN55JU6500F 4K LED TV, KEF M500 headphones, Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer. Office: NAD M10, KEF LS50, KEF Kube 10b, Pro-Ject RPM1 TT w/ Ortofon 2M Red. Guest room: Hafler 300 L-R, KEF Reference Model 100 center, KEF iQ10 surrounds, modded M&K V-90 sub, Bluesound Vault 2.
KenM10759 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2254 of 2280 Old 10-18-2019, 09:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pappaduke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Philly area
Posts: 1,489
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneartist View Post
MConnect HD is my player and there is no setting like you mentioned
I just took a look at the MConnect HD player and there does to be loop button. In one screen shot it has a single rounded square with one arrow. The second screen shot it appears to have two arrows in the same rounded square. Looks like one is for single repeat and the other is for playlist repeat.
Https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mconne...hd/id826333314
markrubin and KenM10759 like this.

Man cave-Marantz 8012, Oppo 203, 4K ATV, Sony XBR-75X940E, Bluesound Vault 2, Harmony One, 2 Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC-390, 2ADP 390's/190's, 2 PDR 100's,
4 SVS Prime elevations. B&W P5. Living room- Yamaha 2010, Bluesound Node 2, Paradigm SE-1's, Zone 2-Paradigm-Stylus 370-SM. B&W PX for travel
Bedroom- Samsung UN60ES7100F, Oppo 103D, Pulse Mini, JBL Bar Studio, ATV3 and Harmony 650
pappaduke is online now  
post #2255 of 2280 Old 10-28-2019, 08:02 PM
Senior Member
 
oneartist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central CA
Posts: 263
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaduke View Post
I just took a look at the MConnect HD player and there does to be loop button. In one screen shot it has a single rounded square with one arrow. The second screen shot it appears to have two arrows in the same rounded square. Looks like one is for single repeat and the other is for playlist repeat.
Https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mconne...hd/id826333314
Thanks Pappaduke, I found the loop control next to the play buttlons. It must have been bumped.
oneartist is offline  
post #2256 of 2280 Old 10-29-2019, 04:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pappaduke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Philly area
Posts: 1,489
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneartist View Post
Thanks Pappaduke, I found the loop control next to the play buttlons. It must have been bumped.
No problem

Man cave-Marantz 8012, Oppo 203, 4K ATV, Sony XBR-75X940E, Bluesound Vault 2, Harmony One, 2 Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC-390, 2ADP 390's/190's, 2 PDR 100's,
4 SVS Prime elevations. B&W P5. Living room- Yamaha 2010, Bluesound Node 2, Paradigm SE-1's, Zone 2-Paradigm-Stylus 370-SM. B&W PX for travel
Bedroom- Samsung UN60ES7100F, Oppo 103D, Pulse Mini, JBL Bar Studio, ATV3 and Harmony 650
pappaduke is online now  
post #2257 of 2280 Old 11-08-2019, 12:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
psuKinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,790
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1630 Post(s)
Liked: 716
I just signed back up for Tidal through Plex(pass). I'm excited to get back home and integrate it into my Roon setup.


In the meantime, while I'm at work here, anybody else on here use Tidal through:
A) A firefox web-browser
B) On a Linux system
C) Both A and B combined?


I know/knew that HiFi wasn't supported via the Firefox browser, but I'm having a heck of a time streaming at even "high" quality, using that combination of equipment... is this a "just me" thing, or is this a "Tidal issue with regard to Firefox, Linux, or both?

Living Room: Sony x940E; Denon x4400h; Ascend Sierra RAAL Tower L/R's and 2EX center, Ascend HTM-200SE Rears, Rythmik F25 sub. NVidia Shield, ATV4k, OPPO UDP-203, CCA.
Basement: Samsung PN58B650 LN-T4065F (x2); Onkyo TX-NR809; Polk Monitor 70 Series II L/R's, SVS PB-1000 sub. NVidia Shield (x2), Windows Desktop, CCA.
psuKinger is online now  
post #2258 of 2280 Old 11-08-2019, 01:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pappaduke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Philly area
Posts: 1,489
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Qobuz lowering pricing for their service to the next 100k subscribers who sign up by Jan. 31, 2020. I’m sure Amazon entering Hi-Res streaming is having some influence.
https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/music/streaming/offers

Man cave-Marantz 8012, Oppo 203, 4K ATV, Sony XBR-75X940E, Bluesound Vault 2, Harmony One, 2 Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC-390, 2ADP 390's/190's, 2 PDR 100's,
4 SVS Prime elevations. B&W P5. Living room- Yamaha 2010, Bluesound Node 2, Paradigm SE-1's, Zone 2-Paradigm-Stylus 370-SM. B&W PX for travel
Bedroom- Samsung UN60ES7100F, Oppo 103D, Pulse Mini, JBL Bar Studio, ATV3 and Harmony 650
pappaduke is online now  
post #2259 of 2280 Old 11-08-2019, 05:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
psuKinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,790
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1630 Post(s)
Liked: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaduke View Post
Qobuz lowering pricing for their service to the next 100k subscribers who sign up by Jan. 31, 2020. I’m sure Amazon entering Hi-Res streaming is having some influence.
https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/music/streaming/offers
Yea, maybe. You're probably right. But it shouldn't be. Unless I'm mistaken (totally possible), without any way to get into WASAPI Exclusive, no support for anything like USB Audio Player Pro, no integration with Google Cast, Sonos, Roon, Bluesound, etc.... no good reason not to be using Qobuz or Tidal or both... other than those that simply don't know any better.

JMO. I took full advantage. Just extended my Sublime subsciption "for free". I had every intention of just stepping back down to Hi-Rez without any buying benefits, but if they want to charge the same price as the hi-rez service and give me the Sublime benefits? Sure. I'm in. You got me, Qobuz. $20.83 a month? I'm in.

JMO.

Living Room: Sony x940E; Denon x4400h; Ascend Sierra RAAL Tower L/R's and 2EX center, Ascend HTM-200SE Rears, Rythmik F25 sub. NVidia Shield, ATV4k, OPPO UDP-203, CCA.
Basement: Samsung PN58B650 LN-T4065F (x2); Onkyo TX-NR809; Polk Monitor 70 Series II L/R's, SVS PB-1000 sub. NVidia Shield (x2), Windows Desktop, CCA.
psuKinger is online now  
post #2260 of 2280 Old 11-08-2019, 06:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PlanetAVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin TX USA
Posts: 3,423
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2182 Post(s)
Liked: 2008
I'm almost done month 2 of my 3 month Amazon HD trial and am thinking of switching. Tidal has a nice promo for a pair of Sennheiser headphones if you prepay for a year. But then I saw Qobuz's deal which has me leaning that way.

The two concerns I have with Qobuz are lack of integration with Amazon Echo (for in car listening) and the library. I realize that they are growing their library and are up to 50 million tracks, and adding 10,000 albums per day. Any Qobuz subscribers able to comment on the library? I listen to rock, blues, jazz, country.
PlanetAVS is offline  
post #2261 of 2280 Old 11-08-2019, 06:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PlanetAVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin TX USA
Posts: 3,423
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2182 Post(s)
Liked: 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by psuKinger View Post
Yea, maybe. You're probably right. But it shouldn't be. Unless I'm mistaken (totally possible), without any way to get into WASAPI Exclusive, no support for anything like USB Audio Player Pro, no integration with Google Cast, Sonos, Roon, Bluesound, etc.... no good reason not to be using Qobuz or Tidal or both... other than those that simply don't know any better.

JMO. I took full advantage. Just extended my Sublime subsciption "for free". I had every intention of just stepping back down to Hi-Rez without any buying benefits, but if they want to charge the same price as the hi-rez service and give me the Sublime benefits? Sure. I'm in. You got me, Qobuz. $20.83 a month? I'm in.

JMO.
Amazon HD is available on Bluesound O/S
lcheetec likes this.
PlanetAVS is offline  
post #2262 of 2280 Old 11-08-2019, 09:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
psuKinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,790
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1630 Post(s)
Liked: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
I'm almost done month 2 of my 3 month Amazon HD trial and am thinking of switching. Tidal has a nice promo for a pair of Sennheiser headphones if you prepay for a year. But then I saw Qobuz's deal which has me leaning that way.

The two concerns I have with Qobuz are lack of integration with Amazon Echo (for in car listening) and the library. I realize that they are growing their library and are up to 50 million tracks, and adding 10,000 albums per day. Any Qobuz subscribers able to comment on the library? I listen to rock, blues, jazz, country.
Our use-cases might be very different? But I really like Qobuz. If I could only have one music streaming service, I'd pick Qobuz.

Fortunately, I don't have to pick just one. And with Roon, Qobuz's library, Tidal's Library, and my own library of files all live together in one integrated interface... and the 3 of them fill in a lot of gaps. A lot of stuff I like that's only either Qobuz or Tidal but not the other.

A giant library (or in this case, 3 libraries combines into one) of CD-or-better-audio quality is every audiophile's dream.

Living Room: Sony x940E; Denon x4400h; Ascend Sierra RAAL Tower L/R's and 2EX center, Ascend HTM-200SE Rears, Rythmik F25 sub. NVidia Shield, ATV4k, OPPO UDP-203, CCA.
Basement: Samsung PN58B650 LN-T4065F (x2); Onkyo TX-NR809; Polk Monitor 70 Series II L/R's, SVS PB-1000 sub. NVidia Shield (x2), Windows Desktop, CCA.
psuKinger is online now  
post #2263 of 2280 Old 11-08-2019, 09:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PlanetAVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin TX USA
Posts: 3,423
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2182 Post(s)
Liked: 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by psuKinger View Post
Our use-cases might be very different? But I really like Qobuz. If I could only have one music streaming service, I'd pick Qobuz.

Fortunately, I don't have to pick just one. And with Roon, Qobuz's library, Tidal's Library, and my own library of files all live together in one integrated interface... and the 3 of them fill in a lot of gaps. A lot of stuff I like that's only either Qobuz or Tidal but not the other.

A giant library (or in this case, 3 libraries combines into one) of CD-or-better-audio quality is every audiophile's dream.
I'm too cheap to have more than one service

Been surfing around the Qobuz app tonight. Think I'll go with it.
PlanetAVS is offline  
post #2264 of 2280 Old 11-08-2019, 10:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pappaduke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Philly area
Posts: 1,489
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Liked: 445
I have been using Tidal since it came to the US. Gave Qobuz a try when it came to the US. Currently using Amazon HD. Tidal is my favorite and that is partly based on me having it for so long. Qobuz did not impress me enough to leave Tidal. Amazon HD has made me think about leaving Tidal based on Amazon's curated playlists, which I always thought was Tidal's shortcoming. Then I recently tried Tidal's artist based radio stations again and they apparently have improved them significantly. Since I only want to keep one Hi-Res service, for me Tidal will most likely be the one I stay with. As far as sound quality, I think they are all very similar.
I have a Pandora subscription that only costs $4.99 and I love their curated playlists. Good for background music and gatherings. I am considering dropping Pandora and replacing it with Amazon, but I may not want to pay the extra few dollars a month.
Just my thoughts on streaming music services.

Man cave-Marantz 8012, Oppo 203, 4K ATV, Sony XBR-75X940E, Bluesound Vault 2, Harmony One, 2 Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC-390, 2ADP 390's/190's, 2 PDR 100's,
4 SVS Prime elevations. B&W P5. Living room- Yamaha 2010, Bluesound Node 2, Paradigm SE-1's, Zone 2-Paradigm-Stylus 370-SM. B&W PX for travel
Bedroom- Samsung UN60ES7100F, Oppo 103D, Pulse Mini, JBL Bar Studio, ATV3 and Harmony 650
pappaduke is online now  
post #2265 of 2280 Old 11-10-2019, 02:49 AM
Senior Member
 
BillJulyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 329
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaduke View Post
I have been using Tidal since it came to the US. Gave Qobuz a try when it came to the US. Currently using Amazon HD. Tidal is my favorite and that is partly based on me having it for so long. Qobuz did not impress me enough to leave Tidal. Amazon HD has made me think about leaving Tidal based on Amazon's curated playlists, which I always thought was Tidal's shortcoming. Then I recently tried Tidal's artist based radio stations again and they apparently have improved them significantly. Since I only want to keep one Hi-Res service, for me Tidal will most likely be the one I stay with. As far as sound quality, I think they are all very similar.
I have a Pandora subscription that only costs $4.99 and I love their curated playlists. Good for background music and gatherings. I am considering dropping Pandora and replacing it with Amazon, but I may not want to pay the extra few dollars a month.
Just my thoughts on streaming music services.

I've been with Tidal for quite a while, but I've kept a Pandora subscription because it's easier to use in my cars and I've always liked their curated playlists. I'm now in a trial period with Amazon HD. I get a veteran's discount from Tidal, so it's actually slightly cheaper than Amazon HD (even with a Prime discount). I don't really think I should keep all three, but it's a tough decision. My wife says I should just keep all three, but that seems a bit too much. I thought life would be easier in retirement, but here I am worrying about what music services to subscribe to.


I've finally found a simple way to play Tidal in several rooms at once (just in time for the holidays). I recently added 4K Amazon Fire TV Sticks to each of my systems (inserted into AV processor inputs instead of TV inputs). I created an Alexa speaker group and set Tidal as my default music player. I haven't found a way to play my own playlists with this method, but I can play any album in Tidal. I'm not sure what the bitrate is, but I think it's CD quality.
pappaduke likes this.

Home theater: Sony XBR75Z9D, McIntosh MX122 & MC8207, B&W 804D3, HTM1D3, 805D2, SVS SB-13, Oppo UDP-203, Atmos 7.1.4;
Living room: Sony XBR65A1E, Marantz AV8805, MC8207, B&W 802D2, 804D2, HTM2D2, 805D2, SVS SB-13, Oppo UDP-203;
Bedroom: Sony XBR65X950B, Marantz AV8802a, MC8207, B&W 805D2, HTM2D3, Oppo UDP-203

Last edited by BillJulyan; 11-10-2019 at 04:59 AM.
BillJulyan is offline  
post #2266 of 2280 Old 11-10-2019, 08:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PlanetAVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin TX USA
Posts: 3,423
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2182 Post(s)
Liked: 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJulyan View Post
I've been with Tidal for quite a while, but I've kept a Pandora subscription because it's easier to use in my cars and I've always liked their curated playlists. I'm now in a trial period with Amazon HD. I get a veteran's discount from Tidal, so it's actually slightly cheaper than Amazon HD (even with a Prime discount). I don't really think I should keep all three, but it's a tough decision. My wife says I should just keep all three, but that seems a bit too much. I thought life would be easier in retirement, but here I am worrying about what music services to subscribe to.


I've finally found a simple way to play Tidal in several rooms at once (just in time for the holidays). I recently added 4K Amazon Fire TV Sticks to each of my systems (inserted into AV processor inputs instead of TV inputs). I created an Alexa speaker group and set Tidal as my default music player. I haven't found a way to play my own playlists with this method, but I can play any album in Tidal. I'm not sure what the bitrate is, but I think it's CD quality.
Unfortunately Alexa limits the source to "Normal" (for Tidal), even if the content is high res or HiFi. I've been using Amazon HD in my car with Echo Auto and live with the lower quality as a tradeoff for the convenience of voice navigation.

Last edited by PlanetAVS; 11-10-2019 at 08:42 AM.
PlanetAVS is offline  
post #2267 of 2280 Old 11-10-2019, 09:04 AM
Senior Member
 
BillJulyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 329
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
Unfortunately Alexa limits the source to "Normal" (for Tidal), even if the content is high res or HiFi. I've been using Amazon HD in my car with Echo Auto and live with the lower quality as a tradeoff for the convenience of voice navigation.

Thanks, I guess it was too much to hope for that the high quality would be preserved.

Home theater: Sony XBR75Z9D, McIntosh MX122 & MC8207, B&W 804D3, HTM1D3, 805D2, SVS SB-13, Oppo UDP-203, Atmos 7.1.4;
Living room: Sony XBR65A1E, Marantz AV8805, MC8207, B&W 802D2, 804D2, HTM2D2, 805D2, SVS SB-13, Oppo UDP-203;
Bedroom: Sony XBR65X950B, Marantz AV8802a, MC8207, B&W 805D2, HTM2D3, Oppo UDP-203
BillJulyan is offline  
post #2268 of 2280 Old 11-13-2019, 05:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
psuKinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,790
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1630 Post(s)
Liked: 716
Anybody on here use Tidal in their (Android Auto) car, with something like USB Audio Player Pro (or other)? If you configure USB APP correctly to bypass the phone's audio renderer and output out the USB port bit-perfect, do you get bit-perfect results or does Android Auto get involved on the other end and muck things up in any perceivable/deleterious way?

Living Room: Sony x940E; Denon x4400h; Ascend Sierra RAAL Tower L/R's and 2EX center, Ascend HTM-200SE Rears, Rythmik F25 sub. NVidia Shield, ATV4k, OPPO UDP-203, CCA.
Basement: Samsung PN58B650 LN-T4065F (x2); Onkyo TX-NR809; Polk Monitor 70 Series II L/R's, SVS PB-1000 sub. NVidia Shield (x2), Windows Desktop, CCA.
psuKinger is online now  
post #2269 of 2280 Old 11-15-2019, 06:20 AM
Advanced Member
 
Soundizer17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 923
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 770 Post(s)
Liked: 168
If your in the UK how do you get the £199 for 12 months HIFI subscription?
Soundizer17 is offline  
post #2270 of 2280 Old 11-15-2019, 11:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ballen420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South of Boston
Posts: 3,913
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Tidal is running a promo on a year's subscription for new subscribers. Free Sennheiser headphones... HD 4.50BTNC or IE 80 S.

Courtesy of Slick Deals...

https://try.tidal.com/sennheiser-hif...neric_TextLink

For me it was worth establishing a new account. I'll prob sell the headphones, but a penny saved is a penny earned.
ballen420 is offline  
post #2271 of 2280 Old 11-16-2019, 08:35 AM
Advanced Member
 
Soundizer17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 923
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 770 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post
Tidal is running a promo on a year's subscription for new subscribers. Free Sennheiser headphones... HD 4.50BTNC or IE 80 S.

Courtesy of Slick Deals...

https://try.tidal.com/sennheiser-hif...neric_TextLink

For me it was worth establishing a new account. I'll prob sell the headphones, but a penny saved is a penny earned.
No longer available
Soundizer17 is offline  
post #2272 of 2280 Old 11-16-2019, 10:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ballen420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South of Boston
Posts: 3,913
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 116
It should be good through the end of the month. You need to sign up with a new email address to be eligible.
ballen420 is offline  
post #2273 of 2280 Old 11-20-2019, 05:51 AM
Member
 
atlantasteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I am playing songs in the Tidal 360 reality audio playlist through Room and hear no difference between it and non-360 titles. I am using non-Sony headphones and have Tidal HiFi subscription. I guess it is only operable directly from tablets and phones.

Last edited by atlantasteve; 11-20-2019 at 06:24 AM.
atlantasteve is offline  
post #2274 of 2280 Old 11-27-2019, 02:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Argentina
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Which network player/integrated amplifier has mqa and ht bypass??? to connect to my marantz 5012
Trunksleo is online now  
post #2275 of 2280 Old 11-27-2019, 03:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
KenM10759's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Central MA USA
Posts: 5,805
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3501 Post(s)
Liked: 1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunksleo View Post
Which network player/integrated amplifier has mqa and ht bypass??? to connect to my marantz 5012
I'm not understanding what you need. Do you feel you need a two-channel integrated amplifier to be able to play stereo and feed your main L & R speakers, and you would like for it to be able to handle MQA files?

Why not save a pile of money and just get a Bluesound Node 2 or 2i, use its analog outputs to a set of analog inputs on your Marantz, then send pre-out signal as stereo 2.1 to a power amp if it's not getting loud enough.

KEF R500, R200C, R100, R50, SVS SB2000 sub, NAD T758v3 AVR, LG UP875 4K BlueRay, Samsung UN55JU6500F 4K LED TV, KEF M500 headphones, Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer. Office: NAD M10, KEF LS50, KEF Kube 10b, Pro-Ject RPM1 TT w/ Ortofon 2M Red. Guest room: Hafler 300 L-R, KEF Reference Model 100 center, KEF iQ10 surrounds, modded M&K V-90 sub, Bluesound Vault 2.
KenM10759 is online now  
post #2276 of 2280 Old 11-30-2019, 03:31 PM
Senior Member
 
PG55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Pebble Beach Ca
Posts: 212
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Tidal and HEOS

Hello,

I am just getting into the high res audio and trying to understand how it works. I have some questions.

1-What is the highest resolution I can expect to get streaming Tidal Masters (MQA) wireless to my Marantz SR5012 using HEOS from my iPad?
2-If I connect my ipad using a dragonfly Red DAC to my computer will I get a higher resolution?
3-Does the ipad limit the resolution when using a streaming service like Tidal?

Thanks in advance for your help.

PG55

LG-OLED 65C8PUA
Marantz-SR5012
Sony-UBP X-800, Roku Ultra 4K
Front L&R-Monitor Audio Silver 300's, Center-MA Silver C350, Surrounds-MA Silver FX
Sub Woofers-Paradigm Reference Millenia (2)
PG55 is offline  
post #2277 of 2280 Old 11-30-2019, 05:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PlanetAVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin TX USA
Posts: 3,423
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2182 Post(s)
Liked: 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG55 View Post
Hello,

I am just getting into the high res audio and trying to understand how it works. I have some questions.

1-What is the highest resolution I can expect to get streaming Tidal Masters (MQA) wireless to my Marantz SR5012 using HEOS from my iPad?
2-If I connect my ipad using a dragonfly Red DAC to my computer will I get a higher resolution?
3-Does the ipad limit the resolution when using a streaming service like Tidal?

Thanks in advance for your help.

PG55
Not sure about #1 but I suspect it is CD quality.
2-Yes, you'll get up to 24 bit, 96 Khz
3-If you are on iOS 11 or higher, you'll get first level MQA unfolding.
PG55 likes this.
PlanetAVS is offline  
post #2278 of 2280 Old 12-01-2019, 08:11 AM
Member
 
maco07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello guys, I read a lot of pages (not all) and I'm still wondering if there is a way to stream TIDAL MQA from my Iphone to a Marantz 7012 using HEOS.

In case max resolution for this method is 16/44.1, is there any other way to achieve this? (using a windows computer?)

Thanks!
maco07 is offline  
post #2279 of 2280 Old 12-01-2019, 09:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PlanetAVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin TX USA
Posts: 3,423
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2182 Post(s)
Liked: 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by maco07 View Post
Hello guys, I read a lot of pages (not all) and I'm still wondering if there is a way to stream TIDAL MQA from my Iphone to a Marantz 7012 using HEOS.

In case max resolution for this method is 16/44.1, is there any other way to achieve this? (using a windows computer?)

Thanks!

Yes there is a HEOS app for iOS. From a laptop, you can run USB out to an Audioquest Dragonfly to a RCA Y connector and then connect to an analog Marantz input.
PlanetAVS is offline  
post #2280 of 2280 Old Today, 04:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PlanetAVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin TX USA
Posts: 3,423
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2182 Post(s)
Liked: 2008
PlanetAVS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off