The PlayStation Vue Thread - Page 60 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 251Likes

post #1771 of 1808 Old 07-01-2019, 09:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post
Anyone else having an issue with the NEW label not removing from shows they've watched on the DVR lately? I've tried watching them again and making sure to let it run all the way through, but it refuses to stop saying it's a new recording.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post
Yup mine's been wrong for about 10 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwagner View Post
Honestly didn't notice. I always go by the blue line and the info directly above it next to the air date. It shows time remaining or switches to "watched" if you have finished the show. At least it does using the PSVue app on FireTV or Shield.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post
I use the Fire TV app, and if you're on the main DVR page showing all your shows, it's hard to tell what has new episodes at a quick glance, unless the NEW flag is correct.
I'm using the Fire Stick and like b_scott, mine has been doing this for about that long as well.

My programs say they have been watched, yet the NEW label still remains. I've even tried deleting the entire program from the DVR and then re-adding it. It still says NEW.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1772 of 1808 Old 07-01-2019, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 42
PS Vue Price Going Up

Just received an e-mail that all plans on PS Vue will be going up by $5 after July 31st!
post #1773 of 1808 Old 07-01-2019, 03:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 2039 Post(s)
Liked: 1915
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailblazer View Post
Just received an e-mail that all plans on PS Vue will be going up by $5 after July 31st!
NHL Network being added for the Core package and above, as part of this price increase

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/play...g-their-price/
Sgooter, brotony and Plager8 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1774 of 1808 Old 07-01-2019, 06:35 PM

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
NHL Network being added for the Core package and above, as part of this price increase

I will gladly pay the extra $5 per month to get NHL Network. I signed up for Sling for a month just to have it for the Stanley Cup Final.
post #1775 of 1808 Old 07-01-2019, 06:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plager8 View Post
I will gladly pay the extra $5 per month to get NHL Network. I signed up for Sling for a month just to have it for the Stanley Cup Final.
I'm a legacy DTVN subscriber (with NHL Network). It's good to have an alternative to get NHL Network, in case the rumors of DTVN shutting down ever come to pass. Also getting tired of the DVR glitches, outages and buggy apps. The picture quality is superb though. Always lots of variables to consider.
post #1776 of 1808 Old 07-02-2019, 07:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 74
I am out as soon as we move into our new house. This thing has gone up almost $20 a month since I started using it. I can get Comcast as part of a double play for about 20 less a month then internet plus vue. These services are becoming the thing they were supposed to rally against.
beerhunt, Dargent0628 and NJDave like this.
post #1777 of 1808 Old 07-02-2019, 07:45 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjen View Post
I am out as soon as we move into our new house. This thing has gone up almost $20 a month since I started using it. I can get Comcast as part of a double play for about 20 less a month then internet plus vue. These services are becoming the thing they were supposed to rally against.
You beat me to it. At my new address I can get double play with dvr for $80. Or for that matter an antenna, a fire recast and my kid's Hulu password, the Amazon video I already get with Prime ,..and whatever other streaming service we want month to month...for what? A LOT less than the $120 I pay for Vue and internet. We're being led down a primrose path.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
beerhunt likes this.
post #1778 of 1808 Old 07-02-2019, 10:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marjen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargent0628 View Post
You beat me to it. At my new address I can get double play with dvr for $80. Or for that matter an antenna, a fire recast and my kid's Hulu password, the Amazon video I already get with Prime ,..and whatever other streaming service we want month to month...for what? A LOT less than the $120 I pay for Vue and internet. We're being led down a primrose path.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
All valid points but I'd still prefer the no commit, no installation fee, superior picture quality, portable model of the streaming services vs legacy cable providers. No question that the cost savings advantage has been narrowed though.
mjwagner and Zookster like this.
post #1779 of 1808 Old 07-02-2019, 10:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Liked: 767
Quote:
All valid points but I'd still prefer the no commit, no installation fee, superior picture quality, portable model of the streaming services vs legacy cable providers. No question that the cost savings advantage has been narrowed though.
The TV technology our local cable co uses is crap so that is not really an option. When I first switched to PSVue over 2 years ago, while I didn't really make the switch for the $ savings, it was saving me $80 per month over my DirecTV bill. Now, over 2 years later I'm still saving about $70 per month over what I would pay DirecTV, and BTW they keep raising their monthly rates at least yearly as well. Much of that is made up by extra fees - HD fee, DVR fee, and receiver fees that you simply don't have to pay with the OTT providers. I suppose if you only use 1 TV the savings would not be as great. But if you have lots of occasionally used TV's the receiver fees, not to mention all the other fees that the sat and cable cos love to tack on, really add up. And multi year commitments is not something I would ever entertain again.
PlanetAVS likes this.

Mark
post #1780 of 1808 Old 07-02-2019, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
It boils down to personal preference, of course. However, it's now become almost insulting that we are in fact paying MORE for these services, when the original pitch was cost savings. Also, I might gently disagree about picture quality, as at a typical viewing distance there simply is no objective difference. As for portability, each user is unique in there wants and needs--we only watch on a single dedicated screen. We do have a smaller set in the guest room, but my visitors can rough it with Hulu etc through a stick. And Comcast / XFinity no longer requires a contractual commitment in my market, and anyone who can screw in a coax or insert an HDMI cable doesn't need an installation appointment.
post #1781 of 1808 Old 07-02-2019, 10:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargent0628 View Post
It boils down to personal preference, of course. However, it's now become almost insulting that we are in fact paying MORE for these services, when the original pitch was cost savings. Also, I might gently disagree about picture quality, as at a typical viewing distance there simply is no objective difference. As for portability, each user is unique in there wants and needs--we only watch on a single dedicated screen. We do have a smaller set in the guest room, but my visitors can rough it with Hulu etc through a stick. And Comcast / XFinity no longer requires a contractual commitment in my market, and anyone who can screw in a coax or insert an HDMI cable doesn't need an installation appointment.
Of course YMMV. Depends on the market as well. Spectrum doesn't require a commit in my market but they charge a $50 install. And they compress the hell out of the signal.
post #1782 of 1808 Old 07-02-2019, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1747 Post(s)
Liked: 1737
In my market, after the first-year promotional discount ends, I would be paying ~140/mo with Cox just for what I had three years ago when I first cut the cord: a single DVR receiver, no premiums, and only one channel add-on package for sports channels that are included in many OTT services' base or lower packages (ESPNU, CBS Sports, NBA, MLB, Tennis Channel). Cox's promo price starts at $45 and doesn't include many things I'd need to add on just to make it comparable with with I currently have with OTT. With Cox, I never had full access to all my channels and DVR content in my bedroom and home office like I do now. That alone would add ~$30/mo to whatever deal I get from my cable company. I'd also be paying +$18/mo for RSNs and locals with cable now.
mjwagner likes this.
post #1783 of 1808 Old 07-23-2019, 06:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 559 Post(s)
Liked: 328
I have an Amazon Fire TV 4k (2nd gen) and updated the PS Vue app to 6.2.3 yesterday. Following this update, I have found the 60 fps video now exhibits an intermittent stuttering and is no longer smooth. This behavior is especially obvious while watching sports or programming with a scrolling ticker along the bottom of the screen. I have restarted the device and checked all obvious issues on my side. I have 1 Gbps internet service with a very strong 5 GHz wireless signal and no problems with other apps.

Coincidentally, I have two Sony Bravia TVs with Android TV that began exhibiting this same behavior a few months ago (likely April) following a Vue app update. They both still exhibit this behavior, making sports essentially unwatchable. It appears that the PS Vue team is rolling out an update that is gradually introducing severe video stuttering across all devices.

I also have an Nvidia Shield TV and Roku Ultra that do not exhibit this behavior as of yet. Unfortunately, 3 out of my 5 PS Vue enabled devices are now nearly unwatchable.

Has anyone here tried Youtube TV? I am thinking that may be my alternative if this problem isn't fixed in the next few weeks, as this behavior will essentially make Vue useless once football season starts.
post #1784 of 1808 Old 07-23-2019, 07:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Two more questions as I'm still new to this and suffering "growing pains."

First, why do live sports looks so jumpy and is there anything that can be done about it? We tried watching the Stanley Cup Finals last night and it was so bad we had to shut it off.

What streaming device are you using? I have this same problem on my Sony Android TVs and my Fire TV 4k.
post #1785 of 1808 Old 07-23-2019, 10:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD23 View Post
What streaming device are you using? I have this same problem on my Sony Android TVs and my Fire TV 4k.
Fire Stick connected to a Samsung TV.

I saw your previous post about problems after the latest update. Here's another one. The guide keeps closing as I'm scrolling through the channels. Very annoying!
post #1786 of 1808 Old 07-24-2019, 07:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD23 View Post
I have an Amazon Fire TV 4k (2nd gen) and updated the PS Vue app to 6.2.3 yesterday. Following this update, I have found the 60 fps video now exhibits an intermittent stuttering and is no longer smooth. This behavior is especially obvious while watching sports or programming with a scrolling ticker along the bottom of the screen. I have restarted the device and checked all obvious issues on my side. I have 1 Gbps internet service with a very strong 5 GHz wireless signal and no problems with other apps.

Coincidentally, I have two Sony Bravia TVs with Android TV that began exhibiting this same behavior a few months ago (likely April) following a Vue app update. They both still exhibit this behavior, making sports essentially unwatchable. It appears that the PS Vue team is rolling out an update that is gradually introducing severe video stuttering across all devices.

I also have an Nvidia Shield TV and Roku Ultra that do not exhibit this behavior as of yet. Unfortunately, 3 out of my 5 PS Vue enabled devices are now nearly unwatchable.

Has anyone here tried Youtube TV? I am thinking that may be my alternative if this problem isn't fixed in the next few weeks, as this behavior will essentially make Vue useless once football season starts.
This is being widely reported as an issue by FTV owners on Reddit, PSVUE forums, Cord Cutter News
post #1787 of 1808 Old 07-25-2019, 08:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
This is being widely reported as an issue by FTV owners on Reddit, PSVUE forums, Cord Cutter News
Are they also talking about and reporting the issue with the guide closing now while scrolling after this last update?
post #1788 of 1808 Old 07-25-2019, 10:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Are they also talking about and reporting the issue with the guide closing now while scrolling after this last update?
Not sure, I only read about the other issues on Cord Cutter News
post #1789 of 1808 Old 08-06-2019, 07:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Any update on PSV adding the NHL Network to the Core pkg? Has this been officially announced or is it rumor?

Please enter password to view this signature.
post #1790 of 1808 Old 08-06-2019, 07:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post
Any update on PSV adding the NHL Network to the Core pkg? Has this been officially announced or is it rumor?
The NHL Network announcement was made back on July 1 -

Mark
post #1791 of 1808 Old 08-06-2019, 12:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwagner View Post
The NHL Network announcement was made back on July 1 -
Thanks Mark. I read that Cord Cutters article last month, along with PlanetAVS' 1 July post, but Sony's quoted announcement did not state which PSV packages would carry the NHL Network.
So, I was wondering if it had been clarified since then regarding additions to the Core pkg lineup.

post #1792 of 1808 Old 08-07-2019, 05:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks Mark. I read that Cord Cutters article last month, along with PlanetAVS' 1 July post, but Sony's quoted announcement did not state which PSV packages would carry the NHL Network.
So, I was wondering if it had been clarified since then regarding additions to the Core pkg lineup.
The Sony announcement and that Cord Cutters article is the only thing I saw about this subject but I'm not an NHL fan so haven't really paid too much attention, sorry.
Sgooter likes this.

Mark
post #1793 of 1808 Old 08-09-2019, 10:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I found this article, which states that the NHL Network will be added to PSV's Core, Elite, and Ultra plans:
https://thestreamable.com/news/plays...to-hockey-fansy-fans
NHL's pre-season games begin on Sep 15, and the regular season starts on Oct 2. However, I don't know when the NHL Network will appear in PSV's channel lineup.

post #1794 of 1808 Old 08-10-2019, 12:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

In the past couple of weeks, Vue fixed the stuttering on both Android TV and Fire TV and I am a happy camper once again. I thought about switching to YTTV, but given its lack of NFL Network, I will remain with Vue.
post #1795 of 1808 Old 08-21-2019, 10:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Sony just "updated" PSV to version 3.0, and it's a total train wreck. I use Roku Ultra and Roku-4, and the PSV Favorite channels are no longer grouped along the top of the PSV channel Guide. And we can find our Favorite channels (some, but not all) in a useless drop down menu in the Guide's Home page. Sony should rescind v3.0 now, and restore the previous version.
Subscribers have begun posting their dissatisfaction on Sony's PSV customer support forum.

post #1796 of 1808 Old 08-21-2019, 11:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I have the PSV Core plan, and the NHL Network has now been activated in the channel lineup.
PlanetAVS and Plager8 like this.

post #1797 of 1808 Old 08-21-2019, 11:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sony just "updated" PSV to version 3.0, and it's a total train wreck. I use Roku Ultra and Roku-4, and the PSV Favorite channels are no longer grouped along the top of the PSV channel Guide. And we can find our Favorite channels (some, but not all) in a useless drop down menu in the Guide's Home page. Sony should rescind v3.0 now, and restore the previous version.
Subscribers have begun posting their dissatisfaction on Sony's PSV customer support forum.

The interface is unchanged for Android TV and Fire TV. I have a Roku Ultra, but it's in a spare bedroom and rarely used, so I didn't notice. It seems that Sony creates more problems than it fixes with many of these updates (see my previous posts regarding the stuttering problems).
post #1798 of 1808 Old 08-21-2019, 07:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Liked: 320
Quote:
I have the PSV Core plan, and the NHL Network has now been activated in the channel lineup.
Do they have any existing on demand content? I'm wondering if new PS Vue users can watch the playoffs the 2019 playoffs. I'm not expecting just curious.

Pioneer ELITE PRO-720HD | Pioneer PDP-5010FD | Sony XBR-55X850B | LG OLED55E6P
OPPO BDP-103 | OPPO UDP-203
PlayStation 4 Pro | Xbox One X
post #1799 of 1808 Old 08-22-2019, 12:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentsg View Post
Do they have any existing on demand content? I'm wondering if new PS Vue users can watch the playoffs the 2019 playoffs. I'm not expecting just curious.
I searched On Demand and found Columbus vs Boston 2nd Round games in 2019 playoffs. In the Guide for today several 2019 playoff games are listed for Dallas vs St Louis.

post #1800 of 1808 Old 08-22-2019, 12:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Liked: 320
Quote:
I searched On Demand and found Columbus vs Boston 2nd Round games in 2019 playoffs. In the Guide for today several 2019 playoff games are listed for Dallas vs St Louis.
Thank you for checking.

Pioneer ELITE PRO-720HD | Pioneer PDP-5010FD | Sony XBR-55X850B | LG OLED55E6P
OPPO BDP-103 | OPPO UDP-203
PlayStation 4 Pro | Xbox One X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page