WMP 12 library folders show up as empty when shared PLEASE HELP! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-24-2015, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
WMP 12 library folders show up as empty when shared PLEASE HELP!

I have several Windows 8.1 computers in the house, all part of a homegroup. The Windows Media Player 12 library on each of them is shared across the homegroup and all but one works as expected: I can see the libraries across the network and stream the music files successfully from any of the PCs... and I can even initiate file streaming from the DLNA A/V receiver in my home theater setup... except for the library files of ONE computer.

The WMP library on my main desktop machine does NOT work like the others and it is driving me nuts!

I have set up the library properly, adding the main folder where most of my music is stored (NOTE: that folder is stored on OneDrive, if that makes any difference). I've turned on media streaming and given the devices on the network (PCs and the A/V receiver) permission to stream the files. And I can successfully play those files TO the A/V receiver from WMP on the main PC (and I love doing so).

BUT... the one thing I cannot do is see or play the FILES in that particular library from any of the other PCs or from the A/V receiver. I CAN see the library... it shows up under Other Libraries in WMP on the other PCs... and even shows up on the "server list" of the A/V receiver. But if I try to view or play the files... the folders show as empty! Maddening.

The files are there... I can easily play them in WMP on the main desktop PC (where they reside). And, as I wrote, I can even "Play To" the A/V receiver from WMP... so the files can obviously be streamed. But I CANNOT see them or initiate streaming from the other end... either from the A/V receiver or from one of the other PCs.

I sure hope someone can help with this. I'm usually reasonably deft with this stuff... but this is driving me bonkers.

PS. As a test, I removed the main music folder (stored on OneDrive) from the WMP library and replaced it with a music folder that is NOT stored on OneDrive, in case that might have been the problem. Unfortunately, it made no difference... same result.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-09-2018, 04:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnv View Post
I have several Windows 8.1 computers in the house, all part of a homegroup. The Windows Media Player 12 library on each of them is shared across the homegroup and all but one works as expected: I can see the libraries across the network and stream the music files successfully from any of the PCs... and I can even initiate file streaming from the DLNA A/V receiver in my home theater setup... except for the library files of ONE computer.

The WMP library on my main desktop machine does NOT work like the others and it is driving me nuts!

I have set up the library properly, adding the main folder where most of my music is stored (NOTE: that folder is stored on OneDrive, if that makes any difference). I've turned on media streaming and given the devices on the network (PCs and the A/V receiver) permission to stream the files. And I can successfully play those files TO the A/V receiver from WMP on the main PC (and I love doing so).

BUT... the one thing I cannot do is see or play the FILES in that particular library from any of the other PCs or from the A/V receiver. I CAN see the library... it shows up under Other Libraries in WMP on the other PCs... and even shows up on the "server list" of the A/V receiver. But if I try to view or play the files... the folders show as empty! Maddening.

The files are there... I can easily play them in WMP on the main desktop PC (where they reside). And, as I wrote, I can even "Play To" the A/V receiver from WMP... so the files can obviously be streamed. But I CANNOT see them or initiate streaming from the other end... either from the A/V receiver or from one of the other PCs.

I sure hope someone can help with this. I'm usually reasonably deft with this stuff... but this is driving me bonkers.

PS. As a test, I removed the main music folder (stored on OneDrive) from the WMP library and replaced it with a music folder that is NOT stored on OneDrive, in case that might have been the problem. Unfortunately, it made no difference... same result.
I have the same problem, could you solve it? Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
dnla , empty , folders , streaming , wmp

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page