Originally Posted by confinoj
I installed latest beta. Not seeing auto color space switching but didn’t know if I need to change any settings. Have it set in default 4K bt 2020 resolution. 2017 lg OLED. Tried Plex and MrMC but it stayed in bt2020 color space playing a 1080p sdr movie. Anything to check?
The following is from the Geforce Forun describing what may be the next public Shield Experience 7.2.2. release. The comment is from one of the moderators made on 1-4-2019. It would appear automatic color space switching is included in this update. Check the eleventh change item.
"A new image is dropping now labelled version 18.104.22.168 which will likely become the final 7.2.2 public release image. Big change from the last test image are fix the PUBG mouse sensitivity for real, fix 8 bit RGB dynamic range setting issue, fix some cases of ethernet not connected messages and keep slingTV from being disabled on every reboot."
It contains the following changes on top of 7.2.1:
• Improves mouse sensitivity on PUBG Mobile
• Fixes bug where colors are displayed incorrectly on Chrome/Puffin browsers
• Resolves storage quota issues when transferring files from PC to SHIELD
• [SHIELD 2015 + SHIELD Pro] Addresses issues where SD cards were not detected properly
• [SHIELD Pro] Resolves issue where accessory UI not present on pairing screen after factory reset
• Fixes issue where Dualshock 3 controller would not pair properly over Bluetooth
• Resolves issues where PLEX would not find movies stored on NAS
• Addresses issues where NAS would not manually mount correctly
• Resolves bug where PLEX was not detecting Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD 1590
• Addresses issue where system was exiting to home screen when trying to mount network storage
• Adds functionality by which display colorimetry would switch to rec2020 or rec709 if respective content presents (Beta)
o Enable Developers options: Go to Settings > About > Build > Click 7 times on build to become a developer (you will see a toast which will say you are now a developer)
o Then, go to Settings > Developer Options > Colorimetry (set toggle to ON) > restart device for changes to take effect
• Fixes color clipping issue noted in full dynamic range
• Fixes Internet connectivity loss issue when Wi Fi or Ethernet are connected to router via gateway or DNS
• Fixes issue where few users reported installed Sling TV App goes missing from SHIELD TV device