NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Page 309 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3592Likes

post #9241 of 12070 Old 01-04-2019, 06:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1016 Post(s)
Liked: 583
No the Shield is doing what it is intended to do, as others running the beta suffering from washed or colors are reporting much improved image quality.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sony XBR55X900E
Marantz SR7010/Marantz MM7025
Oppo UDP-203 - Nvidia Shield
XBox One X
Klipsch RP-260f - RP-440C - RP140sa- RP-160m - RB10 - Sony SA-WM500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9242 of 12070 Old 01-04-2019, 06:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5071 Post(s)
Liked: 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
I have tried to play several titles on the Movies Anywhere app using the Shield now that it supports 4k HDR but I'm only getting stereo audio. Are others experiencing this with this app on the Shield or do I have to change a setting somewhere? I don't think it's a setting because I get up to Atmos audio using other apps.
When the movie starts, push down and change the audio to 5.1. Movies Anywhere defaults to stereo.... Pretty dumb.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #9243 of 12070 Old 01-04-2019, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove93 View Post
No the Shield is doing what it is intended to do, as others running the beta suffering from washed or colors are reporting much improved image quality.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yes, the Shield does what it is intended to do, to switch its output from 2020 to 709 when the content is in 709. Before this beta, the Shield was only converting 709 content to 2020, if its output was set to 2020, but some TVs were also doing the conversion, which resulted in dull colors.

If the content is 2020, but the TV knows only 709, then there is no 2020 to switch to. What the Shield needs to do in those cases is to convert the 2020 content to 709, the only space that the TV understands, but it can't, so you end up with weird colors, like in the images that I have posted.Your TV is 2020 capable and ignored the settings when it recognized the 2020 color space in the file.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9244 of 12070 Old 01-05-2019, 01:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 4581 Post(s)
Liked: 2659
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
When the movie starts, push down and change the audio to 5.1. Movies Anywhere defaults to stereo.... Pretty dumb.

Great to know. I tested it on a title and got DD+ 5.1. I may watch a title soon on a non Atmos movie to see how the video quality is. I'm hearing the bitrate may be higher on MA?

lujan
558 Ultra HD
723 HD
4 SD
post #9245 of 12070 Old 01-05-2019, 05:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Quoted: 5071 Post(s)
Liked: 3581
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
Great to know. I tested it on a title and got DD+ 5.1. I may watch a title soon on a non Atmos movie to see how the video quality is. I'm hearing the bitrate may be higher on MA?
Yes it's streams at about 25mbps

lujan likes this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #9246 of 12070 Old 01-06-2019, 08:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
A big thanks to Harvos. It took some doing, but I was able to pair the Firestick remote with the Shield, and all the transport controls work as they should on NHL TV. I have not tested all the apps, but I imagine they will work similarly. This is going to greatly increase my enjoyment of the Shield.

Thanks.

SMK
If you're needing a few more options for the shield I use this one with mine and it's great:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
aaronwt likes this.

Robert Clark
post #9247 of 12070 Old 01-06-2019, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi all,

Does anyone know if the Netflix app can auto framerate switch on the shield yet? It seems like the only limitation with the shield since the beta release now supports colorspace switching.
post #9248 of 12070 Old 01-06-2019, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan416 View Post
Hi all,

Does anyone know if the Netflix app can auto framerate switch on the shield yet? It seems like the only limitation with the shield since the beta release now supports colorspace switching.
Refresh rate switching is not supported on any streaming services on the Shield. It's extremely unlikely this will ever be offered unless Nvidia comes up with a system wide solution.
post #9249 of 12070 Old 01-06-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockdown571 View Post
Refresh rate switching is not supported on any streaming services on the Shield. It's extremely unlikely this will ever be offered unless Nvidia comes up with a system wide solution.

Aww man. How does everyone deal with this? I just bought a shield and ATV to try out and it seems like there are alot of limitations on the Nvidia Shield with mixed media. I have Netflix and stream local remux content. I got colorspace working with the new beta update. I desparately want to kee pthe shield as I an an android phone user (chromecasting youtube media is convenient) but it seems that the ATV 4K is better all round when using Infuse or Mr MC..... Other than the lack of Atmos support and Chromecast.
post #9250 of 12070 Old 01-06-2019, 11:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 4254 Post(s)
Liked: 4545
Quote:
Aww man. How does everyone deal with this? I just bought a shield and ATV to try out and it seems like there are alot of limitations on the Nvidia Shield with mixed media. I have Netflix and stream local remux content. I got colorspace working with the new beta update. I desparately want to kee pthe shield as I an an android phone user (chromecasting youtube media is convenient) but it seems that the ATV 4K is better all round when using Infuse or Mr MC..... Other than the lack of Atmos support and Chromecast.

Evaluate what is a priority for you and judge based off the strengths of each.

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II
post #9251 of 12070 Old 01-06-2019, 12:31 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 9295 Post(s)
Liked: 5980
Quote:
I have TVs that have no problem eliminating judder from 24P content sent as 60P. It's no issue for my Sony and TCL UHD TVs.

Sent from my Nexus 7(16GB) using Tapatalk

53TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #9252 of 12070 Old 01-06-2019, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 529 Post(s)
Liked: 412
Quote:
... but it seems that the ATV 4K is better all round when using Infuse or Mr MC..... Other than the lack of Atmos support and Chromecast.
Except for any HD bitstream audio support in InFuse...yeah, that would be a deal breaker for me and many people.
aaronwt and Kirkobangz like this.
post #9253 of 12070 Old 01-06-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
Except for any HD bitstream audio support in InFuse...yeah, that would be a deal breaker for me and many people.

Yeah, initially that was a big concern for me but supposedly whether the ATV decodes the audio or the receiver I'll still get 7.1 lossless which is ok for the next little while. I only have 5.1 with no sight on atmos in an apartment.

My biggest beef is the lack of framerate switching for Netflix which currently represents 50% of my viewing. How do you guys deal with it? I didnt think the jutter was that big of a deal until trying out the ATV. Now all I see when watching something thats not framerate synced it that jutter during pan scenes.
post #9254 of 12070 Old 01-06-2019, 02:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 161 Post(s)
Quoted: 2375 Post(s)
Liked: 3134
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post
Again, "uncompressed" is only the original PCM audio that exists on CD, and on handful of BD titles of early days, everything else is compressed either lossy or lossless.Lossless is just a container named after the method it was created, and used not just for reduced storage and bandwidth, but to carry metadata, which the original uncompressed PCM file can't. I suspect you know all this, but using the term "uncompressed" is technically and practically incorrect, and may confuse newbies or people with casual interest on the subject.
To expand on that all digital audio used in production, film, tv, music, starts as PCM, usually in BWAV format. DSD isn’t a production format as it cannot easily be edited.

Dolby Atmos MAT is PCM that includes Atmos objects and metadata.

Apple is using the format so they can have Atmos as well as adding in Siri, etc.... so PCM is indeed the desired output I believe on an Apple TV from the research I have done.

People shouldn’t however assume that means the original source was a lossless encode.... it’s simple another way of passing Atmos instead of using DD+ or TrueHD.

I also think this is how the Xbox is sending out games content... not 100% on that however.

From Dolby:

“Dolby Atmos in Dolby MAT

The Dolby Metadata-enhanced Audio Transmission (Dolby MAT) encoder resides in a Blu-ray player to pack the variable bit-rate Dolby TrueHD bitstreams for transmission over the fixed bit-rate HDMI connections. A MAT decoder is subsequently employed in an AVR to unpack the Dolby TrueHD bitstreams. With the introduction of Dolby Atmos, we have expanded this technology to support encoding of Dolby Atmos content as lossless pulse-code modulation (PCM) audio.
A key benefit of Dolby MAT 2.0 is that Dolby Atmos object-based audio can be live encoded and transmitted from a source device with limited latency and processing complexity. Among the possible sources are broadcast set-top boxes, PCs, and game consoles. The Dolby MAT 2.0 decoder in an AVR outputs the object-based audio and its metadata for further processing. The Dolby MAT 2.0 container is scalable and leverages the full potential of the HDMI audio pipeline.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Gary J likes this.
post #9255 of 12070 Old 01-06-2019, 03:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1245 Post(s)
Liked: 1064
I installed latest beta. Not seeing auto color space switching but didn’t know if I need to change any settings. Have it set in default 4K bt 2020 resolution. 2017 lg OLED. Tried Plex and MrMC but it stayed in bt2020 color space playing a 1080p sdr movie. Anything to check?

LG OLED65C7P (Chad B Calibrated) | Denon X4300H | Tivo Roamio OTA | Nvidia Shield | ATV 4K | Oppo UDP-203 | Plex server
5.2.4 | Front Klipsch RP-160M x2 | Center Klipsch RP-450C | Surrounds Klipsch RP-150M x2 | Atmos Klipsch RP-140SA x 4 | Subs SVS PC-4000 x 2
post #9256 of 12070 Old 01-06-2019, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by confinoj View Post
I installed latest beta. Not seeing auto color space switching but didn’t know if I need to change any settings. Have it set in default 4K bt 2020 resolution. 2017 lg OLED. Tried Plex and MrMC but it stayed in bt2020 color space playing a 1080p sdr movie. Anything to check?
The following is from the Geforce Forun describing what may be the next public Shield Experience 7.2.2. release. The comment is from one of the moderators made on 1-4-2019. It would appear automatic color space switching is included in this update. Check the eleventh change item.

"A new image is dropping now labelled version 30.7.130.7 which will likely become the final 7.2.2 public release image. Big change from the last test image are fix the PUBG mouse sensitivity for real, fix 8 bit RGB dynamic range setting issue, fix some cases of ethernet not connected messages and keep slingTV from being disabled on every reboot."

It contains the following changes on top of 7.2.1:
• Improves mouse sensitivity on PUBG Mobile
• Fixes bug where colors are displayed incorrectly on Chrome/Puffin browsers
• Resolves storage quota issues when transferring files from PC to SHIELD
• [SHIELD 2015 + SHIELD Pro] Addresses issues where SD cards were not detected properly
• [SHIELD Pro] Resolves issue where accessory UI not present on pairing screen after factory reset
• Fixes issue where Dualshock 3 controller would not pair properly over Bluetooth
• Resolves issues where PLEX would not find movies stored on NAS
• Addresses issues where NAS would not manually mount correctly
• Resolves bug where PLEX was not detecting Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD 1590
• Addresses issue where system was exiting to home screen when trying to mount network storage
• Adds functionality by which display colorimetry would switch to rec2020 or rec709 if respective content presents (Beta)
o Enable Developers options: Go to Settings > About > Build > Click 7 times on build to become a developer (you will see a toast which will say you are now a developer)
o Then, go to Settings > Developer Options > Colorimetry (set toggle to ON) > restart device for changes to take effect
• Fixes color clipping issue noted in full dynamic range
• Fixes Internet connectivity loss issue when Wi Fi or Ethernet are connected to router via gateway or DNS
• Fixes issue where few users reported installed Sling TV App goes missing from SHIELD TV device
post #9257 of 12070 Old 01-06-2019, 04:20 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 9295 Post(s)
Liked: 5980
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer View Post
To expand on that all digital audio used in production, film, tv, music, starts as PCM, usually in BWAV format. DSD isn’t a production format as it cannot easily be edited.

Dolby Atmos MAT is PCM that includes Atmos objects and metadata.

Apple is using the format so they can have Atmos as well as adding in Siri, etc.... so PCM is indeed the desired output I believe on an Apple TV from the research I have done.

People shouldn’t however assume that means the original source was a lossless encode.... it’s simple another way of passing Atmos instead of using DD+ or TrueHD.

I also think this is how the Xbox is sending out games content... not 100% on that however.

From Dolby:

“Dolby Atmos in Dolby MAT

The Dolby Metadata-enhanced Audio Transmission (Dolby MAT) encoder resides in a Blu-ray player to pack the variable bit-rate Dolby TrueHD bitstreams for transmission over the fixed bit-rate HDMI connections. A MAT decoder is subsequently employed in an AVR to unpack the Dolby TrueHD bitstreams. With the introduction of Dolby Atmos, we have expanded this technology to support encoding of Dolby Atmos content as lossless pulse-code modulation (PCM) audio.
A key benefit of Dolby MAT 2.0 is that Dolby Atmos object-based audio can be live encoded and transmitted from a source device with limited latency and processing complexity. Among the possible sources are broadcast set-top boxes, PCs, and game consoles. The Dolby MAT 2.0 decoder in an AVR outputs the object-based audio and its metadata for further processing. The Dolby MAT 2.0 container is scalable and leverages the full potential of the HDMI audio pipeline.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Limited latency? My AtV 4K is the only device I have lag issues with. When its playing back DV with atmos audio. None of my other DV or HDR10 devices have this issue.

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

53TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #9258 of 12070 Old 01-06-2019, 04:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 1378 Post(s)
Liked: 592
Quote:
Just to clarify, the Shield does do framerate matching with some apps. I know Kodi works, although I can't say if the Netflix plug-in does so. Also, the Roku 4K players will framerate match on Netflix. However, there are lots of complaints that the Netflix app causes the framerate to hop around between the preview videos and once you select something to watch. It was quite annoying, and it was the fault of the Netflix app, not Roku. So perhaps Netflix is still trying to work this out before pushing it to other platforms.

Dan
Samsung JU7100 and NU7100 4K TVs, Yamaha RX-V583, Nvidia Shield, a number of Roku players and TVs, Windows 10 media server with Serviio and Plex. Other players and TVs as well.
post #9259 of 12070 Old 01-06-2019, 05:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjih View Post
The following is from the Geforce Forun describing what may be the next public Shield Experience 7.2.2. release. The comment is from one of the moderators made on 1-4-2019. It would appear automatic color space switching is included in this update. Check the eleventh change item.
Right. I just installed the latest beta image so should have the auto color space switching but not working for me. Will post in GeForce forum and see what others say. Then again it is beta software.

Edit: Re-reading release notes it seems I have to enable developers mode then a color space setting. Will try that tonight.

LG OLED65C7P (Chad B Calibrated) | Denon X4300H | Tivo Roamio OTA | Nvidia Shield | ATV 4K | Oppo UDP-203 | Plex server
5.2.4 | Front Klipsch RP-160M x2 | Center Klipsch RP-450C | Surrounds Klipsch RP-150M x2 | Atmos Klipsch RP-140SA x 4 | Subs SVS PC-4000 x 2

Last edited by confinoj; 01-06-2019 at 05:14 PM.
post #9260 of 12070 Old 01-06-2019, 06:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjih View Post

"A new image is dropping now labelled version 30.7.130.7 which will likely become the final 7.2.2 public release image. Big change from the last test image are fix the PUBG mouse sensitivity for real, fix 8 bit RGB dynamic range setting issue, fix some cases of ethernet not connected messages and keep slingTV from being disabled on every reboot."

It contains the following changes on top of 7.2.1:
• Improves mouse sensitivity on PUBG Mobile
• Fixes bug where colors are displayed incorrectly on Chrome/Puffin browsers
• Resolves storage quota issues when transferring files from PC to SHIELD
• [SHIELD 2015 + SHIELD Pro] Addresses issues where SD cards were not detected properly
• [SHIELD Pro] Resolves issue where accessory UI not present on pairing screen after factory reset
• Fixes issue where Dualshock 3 controller would not pair properly over Bluetooth
• Resolves issues where PLEX would not find movies stored on NAS
• Addresses issues where NAS would not manually mount correctly
• Resolves bug where PLEX was not detecting Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD 1590
• Addresses issue where system was exiting to home screen when trying to mount network storage
• Adds functionality by which display colorimetry would switch to rec2020 or rec709 if respective content presents (Beta)
o Enable Developers options: Go to Settings > About > Build > Click 7 times on build to become a developer (you will see a toast which will say you are now a developer)
o Then, go to Settings > Developer Options > Colorimetry (set toggle to ON) > restart device for changes to take effect
• Fixes color clipping issue noted in full dynamic range
• Fixes Internet connectivity loss issue when Wi Fi or Ethernet are connected to router via gateway or DNS
• Fixes issue where few users reported installed Sling TV App goes missing from SHIELD TV device

I'm currently running the beta of this. There have been users reporting problems with mounting NAS Drives, reading external drives, 5ghz wireless in certain channel ranges (in European Countries). This new update seems to have fixed these issues for users participating in the Beta.

The Colorspace switching was a surprise for me and it does work on my end. I did not have any issue with Colorspace problems in my set up, but when I had my Shield connected to my Oppo 203, the 203 would report back that the Colorspace was not changing. Using the same videos directly on the 203 would report back the change in Colorspace.

Here are some posts I found from last year reporting my findings between the Shieldn and Oppo 203.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-ne...l#post55783634

Sony XBR55X900E
XBox One X
post #9261 of 12070 Old 01-06-2019, 06:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Right. I just installed the latest beta image so should have the auto color space switching but not working for me. Will post in GeForce forum and see what others say. Then again it is beta software.

Edit: Re-reading release notes it seems I have to enable developers mode then a color space setting. Will try that tonight.
Yes, be sure to enable Developer Mode, then enable the Colorimetry setting. Reboot the Shield, then test your files. It should work for Kodi, MrMC,SPMC, Plex, as well as Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Sony XBR55X900E
XBox One X
post #9262 of 12070 Old 01-06-2019, 06:50 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 562 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinhvo View Post
Thanks m8,
I was actually thinking my Linksys router could be a culprit here.
I read somewhere that says the router must also support the same version of SMB protocol as the Shield for them to have a good handshake.
Well, I don't know. All I know is my router is running its latest official released firmware.

However, I just simply thought if Kodi can see it and able to access it, then Shield must be able to do the same.
It's not the case then.
Update:
I now able to mount network storage properly on the Shield after set Secure Folder Access to ON on the Linksys router.
I have to create the username and password and provide those info when mounting.
After that, I was able to setup Plex libraries.
groove93, beerhunt and Buddylee123 like this.
post #9263 of 12070 Old 01-06-2019, 07:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove93 View Post
Yes, be sure to enable Developer Mode, then enable the Colorimetry setting. Reboot the Shield, then test your files. It should work for Kodi, MrMC,SPMC, Plex, as well as Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Thanks. It appears actually reading the release notes did the trick. Works well. It's about time. Wish Plex would auto resolution switch to avoid the subpar upscaling on 1080p video as I prefer its interface but at least MrMc (or other kodi based apps) will do it. Now for local media (which is all I use it for) the Shield is just about perfect other than DV support but nobody can do it other than a full disc backup using an Oppo.
groove93 likes this.

post #9264 of 12070 Old 01-07-2019, 07:46 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 562 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Another update:
While configuring own libraries on Plex website, I suddenly got "Your changes could not be saved." out of nowhere.
I was successfully creating two libraries then when doing the 3rd one, I got hit with that error message.
Spending a couple of hours on this including googled/tried, I finally got it work again.
To make the long story short, here's what I did, in case someone encounters same problem.
All I had to do was "reload" Plex Media Server on the Shield.
By "reload", I mean
Stop PMS from running (from Plex, go to Settings, scroll down to where PMS shown with version and stop it)
On the Shield, go to Settings -> App -> select PMS then clear cache, clear data
I also end the Plex itself.
After that, invoke Plex again and start over from scratch (meaning you have to go through Plex sign-in, etc.)
It should be good to go from here.
post #9265 of 12070 Old 01-07-2019, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I have TVs that have no problem eliminating judder from 24P content sent as 60P. It's no issue for my Sony and TCL UHD TVs.

Sent from my Nexus 7(16GB) using Tapatalk

Do you use Cinemotion or Motion Flow features to adjust for the issue?
I would have to do a side by side experiment to see it, or have someone point it out to me.
With streaming video, it seems to me that the stream data quality would overshadow any 'judder' effects from frame rate mismatch.
post #9266 of 12070 Old 01-08-2019, 04:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1194 Post(s)
Liked: 433
Quote:
Wish Plex would auto resolution switch to avoid the subpar upscaling on 1080p
I thought it did have this setting? Plex
post #9267 of 12070 Old 01-08-2019, 05:27 PM

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Looks like there is no announcement from Nvidia at CES this year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sony XBR-X940E; Yamaha RX-A1060; Nvidia Shield TV; OPPO BDP-93; Yamaha RX-A1070
post #9268 of 12070 Old 01-08-2019, 05:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post
I thought it did have this setting? Plex
The official Plex app on the Shield will change refresh rate automatically but not resolution. MrMC/Kodi will change both refresh rate and resolution.
post #9269 of 12070 Old 01-09-2019, 11:14 AM

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuibap View Post
Looks like there is no announcement from Nvidia at CES this year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Good - That way we won't have to gripe when they don't deliver on their 'announcements'.
post #9270 of 12070 Old 01-09-2019, 12:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfid View Post
Good - That way we won't have to gripe when they don't deliver on their 'announcements'.
Well, IIRC, the only announcement they never delivered was the "Spot", but all that was was a Google Home mini. And now that the Home mini functions with the Shield, there was absolutely no need for it.

Vizio P65-C1 (2016)
Onkyo Tx-NR656
JBL Studio Series (Front, Center, Right), JBL 250W Sub, Kenwood Rears, Onkyo Atmos Upfiring
LG UP970 UHD Player
Nvidia Shield TV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
onkyo ht s7800 , samsung ks8000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page