NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Page 329 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4220Likes

post #9841 of 13244 Old 03-03-2019, 04:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 600 Post(s)
Liked: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
Kodi has some issue passing Atmos, correct?
What issues? I haven't had any issues with Atmos on MrMC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9842 of 13244 Old 03-03-2019, 04:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 1474 Post(s)
Liked: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
What issues? I haven't had any issues with Atmos on MrMC.
Some people have had issues getting more than 2 channel PCM out of Kodi 18 for some reason. While MrMC is based on Kodi, it has changes underneath, and I too have no issue with all lossless codecs with it. I haven't played with Kodi much since I purchased MrMC, so I can't say if the problem has been resolved with Kodi.

Dan
Samsung JU7100 and NU7100 4K TVs, Yamaha RX-V583, Nvidia Shield, a number of Roku players and TVs, Windows 10 media server with Serviio and Plex. Other players and TVs as well.
post #9843 of 13244 Old 03-03-2019, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockdown571 View Post
7.2.2 added color space switching, see here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...upgrade-7-2-2/

Kodi, MrMC, and Emby support resolution switching. Whether you want to switch resolutions is up to your personal taste.

I enabled colorimetry and restarted the shield. That seems to have done the trick! Thank you.
dlbsyst and lockdown571 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9844 of 13244 Old 03-03-2019, 08:29 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9507 Post(s)
Liked: 6206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tighe View Post
Hello all, I have my 2017 shield connected to a Vizio P65-F1 (4K HDR) tv. I rip my 1080p BR movies to M2TS/MKV files and use PLEX (on shield) to watch them. My question is, what's the general consensus on color space when watching 1080p rec. 709 content? Is everyone manually switching the shield to 8/10-bit 709? Are you switching the resolution to 1080p as well? I'm currently using the recommended 4K 10-bit rec. 2020 but I feel like the colors are a bit washed out.
It's only an issue with some TVs. With my Sony and TCL, 709 content sent in the 2020 color space isn't an issue. But some TVs can't handle it properly.

Sent from my FireHD 10 using Tapatalk
Tighe likes this.

57TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #9845 of 13244 Old 03-04-2019, 09:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 63
GeForce Now

Well, this is a first. I was playing around with one of my Shields this weekend and tried GeForce Now. I always thought this was a paid service or required a PC (clearly i was wrong) but within 5 minutes I was playing Bioshock Remastered and then Batman: Arkham City for free. I spent about 10 mins on one tv just trying it out and then later that night i switched to another tv with a different shield and picked up one of the games right where it left off. What a great experience! There was no lagging, no downloading other than a brief minute or so when i got the games..etc. I don't game much but i was really impressed with the video quality, speed..and the fact that it was free.
dlbsyst and groove93 like this.

Last edited by jcbaggins; 03-04-2019 at 09:05 AM. Reason: did not mean to quote
post #9846 of 13244 Old 03-04-2019, 09:23 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 861 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbaggins View Post
Well, this is a first. I was playing around with one of my Shields this weekend and tried GeForce Now. I always thought this was a paid service or required a PC (clearly i was wrong) but within 5 minutes I was playing Bioshock Remastered and then Batman: Arkham City for free. I spent about 10 mins on one tv just trying it out and then later that night i switched to another tv with a different shield and picked up one of the games right where it left off. What a great experience! There was no lagging, no downloading other than a brief minute or so when i got the games..etc. I don't game much but i was really impressed with the video quality, speed..and the fact that it was free.
Eventually Geforce Now will be a paid service but for now it's free. The main issue I have with it is that I usually get the annoying "Bandwidth Low" indicator popping up constantly. Tried both wired and wifi and the same problem. I have a Gigabit connection so it's not that.

That said, Geforce Now only works with games you already own (with the exception of a handful of old games), and I have a decent PC so I'd rather just use Gamestream. I can see it being useful for people without a decent gaming PC or if you travel a lot.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.

Last edited by DaveFi; 03-04-2019 at 09:26 AM.
post #9847 of 13244 Old 03-04-2019, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post
Eventually Geforce Now will be a paid service but for now it's free. The main issue I have with it is that I usually get the annoying "Bandwidth Low" indicator popping up constantly. Tried both wired and wifi and the same problem. I have a Gigabit connection so it's not that.

That said, Geforce Now only works with games you already own (with the exception of a handful of old games), and I have a decent PC so I'd rather just use Gamestream. I can see it being useful for people without a decent gaming PC or if you travel a lot.
Agree on the annoying "Bandwidth Low" and the visual of a weak wi-fi signal. I also have wired gigabit and didn't have any issues so think it's a bug since it's still in Beta. Also, on my Sony that "bandwidth low" never popped up...just on my LG..odd.

Also agree it's good for older games and people that don't have a PC (like me). Still, for free and very little trouble to get started it's pretty dang cool to check out.
post #9848 of 13244 Old 03-05-2019, 08:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1626 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbaggins View Post
Quote:

It used to be an $8-a-month subscription that gave you unlimited access to their Cloud gaming service. The $8-a-month gave you access to a list of ~50ish maybe "included with subscription" games (Orcs Must Die, Sonic Racing, and Street Fighter X Tekken got a lot of play in my house, for example) and the ability to "buy" more games on the service at an additional price; purchased games USUALLY came with redemption codes to a service like Steam or Great Old Games, but progress made on GeForce Now was completely separate from progress made in Steam.

They completely revamped their plans, and now are just acting as an alternative way to link/access your Steam/Activision/Great Old Games accounts. You don't buy games on GeForce Now anymore; you buy them on Steam/Activision/GOG and, with your accounts linked to GeForce Now, you can use NVidia Cloud Computers to game (at framerates/resolutions up to the equivalent of a GTX 1070, I believe) on your Shield. For now, it's in Beta, and free-to-use.... I believe the latest information I'd heard was the pricing was planned to be on something like a "per-20-hour-basis" or similar, whenever it gets outta beta.

Alternatively, you have always been able to locally install (supported) titles to a PC on your network with a (supported) NVidia Graphics card, and use your own local resources and the Shield's "Gamestream" capabilities to play the titles on Shield. I've done that with Windows Universal Platform purchases (like Gears of War 4) on my Shield(s).

I'm not sure if it's just because we were paying GeForce Now monthly subscribers when they canned the service and changed directions or not, but we still have access to all the titles that were "included with membership" when they stopped the monthy subscriptions... I haven't paid the $8-a-month for my subscription in quite sometime (more than a year), we still have access to Orcs Must Die, Sonic Racing, Street Fighter X Tekken via Shield (and I don't own those titles anywhere)... and we are taking advantage of the Beta service to 2-player-coop titles like Warhammer Vermintide 2 in my house, where we own two copies of the game on two seperate Steam accounts, and play the one title back locally on the PC with the GPU in it, and the other copy back on the other Steam account using NVidia's cloud computers.... works great! Great perk, for now..... not sure what we'll do when they exit Beta and start to charge (decision will be based heavily on how they decide to price it).
aaronwt and giomania like this.
post #9849 of 13244 Old 03-06-2019, 04:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1510 Post(s)
Liked: 633
Quote:

Do you have good results with gamestream? Every time I have tried to get it going I can't never get in game, the last time I tried it looked like I was essentially remote desktoping into my gaming pc, I was looking at steam open, and the games wouldn't load. I always give up messing with it. Sounds like a cool thing though if it can work.
post #9850 of 13244 Old 03-06-2019, 04:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post
Do you have good results with gamestream? Every time I have tried to get it going I can't never get in game, the last time I tried it looked like I was essentially remote desktoping into my gaming pc, I was looking at steam open, and the games wouldn't load. I always give up messing with it. Sounds like a cool thing though if it can work.
Works very well, almost-all-the-time, for us.

I have the resolution set to 1080p (my son plays on the basement plasma primarily, not the living room 4K HDR set), with the quality dialed up all the way to the maximum setting, and when I test framerate I get well over 60 fps that way...
post #9851 of 13244 Old 03-06-2019, 04:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuKinger View Post
Works very well, almost-all-the-time, for us.

I have the resolution set to 1080p (my son plays on the basement plasma primarily, not the living room 4K HDR set), with the quality dialed up all the way to the maximum setting, and when I test framerate I get well over 60 fps that way...
I'll have to give it another go.

Is this usually controller based games or are you able to play shooters?
post #9852 of 13244 Old 03-07-2019, 10:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 1169 Post(s)
Liked: 673
Well, I got the NVIDIA setup, and got Kodi going on it with all of my movies scraped. I need to work on organizing the sets some more, especially the art (I really wish they had artwork specific to sets like Zappiti does - perhaps there are some available somewhere or with an add-on?). Found it odd, that I had to go into developer settings to have it automatically adjust the color space, but at least it does so now.

4K HDR files seem to play well outside of a couple of minor hiccups that did not repeat on a retry. HDR metadata is passing through, so JVC auto tone mapping is working and adjustable.
Glad to see forced subtitles working as this is a weakness of Zappiti.
Scraping data was extremely quick compared to Zappiti (stand alone box or on Dune).

Couple of immediate issues:

I can't seem to figure out how to play blu-rays that are in a BDMV folder structure (haven't tried ISO yet). It scraped them fine, but when I select them, it just goes into the folder structure. Going to the menu and selecting play didn't do anything except make the click noise. Playing the index or movieobject files didn't do anything either. Is there some trick or setting that needs to be applied here?

The remote control range is terrible. I'd say about 5 feet. Longer than that and there are huge delays, and past 10 feet it's absolutely dead. It's not a huge issue as it's not how I intend to control the Shield long term, but still troublesome. The game controller seems to have much better range, though seems a little finicky in establishing a connection. The app on my phone is very responsive and has zero issues that I can tell.

The Hodor Theater - Now with Atmos
Projector - JVC D-ILA NX7; Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3); Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4)
Atmos In-ceiling - Niles DS8HD (4); Subs - Passive JTR Captivator Pro (2)
post #9853 of 13244 Old 03-07-2019, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 771 Post(s)
Liked: 454
Quote:
Well, I got the NVIDIA setup, and got Kodi going on it with all of my movies scraped. I need to work on organizing the sets some more, especially the art (I really wish they had artwork specific to sets like Zappiti does - perhaps there are some available somewhere or with an add-on?). Found it odd, that I had to go into developer settings to have it automatically adjust the color space, but at least it does so now.

4K HDR files seem to play well outside of a couple of minor hiccups that did not repeat on a retry. HDR metadata is passing through, so JVC auto tone mapping is working and adjustable.
Scraping data was extremely quick compared to Zappiti (stand alone box or on Dune).

I can't seem to figure out how to play blu-rays that are in a BDMV folder structure (haven't tried ISO yet). It scraped them fine, but when I select them, it just goes into the folder structure. Going to the menu and selecting play didn't do anything except make the click noise. Playing the index or movieobject files didn't do anything either. Is there some trick or setting that needs to be applied here?

The remote control range is terrible. I'd say about 5 feet. Longer than that and there are huge delays, and past 10 feet it's absolutely dead. It's not a huge issue as it's not how I intend to control the Shield long term, but still troublesome. The game controller seems to have much better range, though seems a little finicky in establishing a connection. The app on my phone is very responsive and has zero issues that I can tell.
That is weird as my shield is 15 feet away on the other side of a wall and the remote works fine.
post #9854 of 13244 Old 03-07-2019, 11:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:

i'm not really sure what you're talking about. control with the included remote is flawless for me from about 20ft away. maybe check your batteries?

---talbain---
post #9855 of 13244 Old 03-07-2019, 03:20 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9507 Post(s)
Liked: 6206
Quote:

Something isn't right there. The remotes for my two Shields will easily work past twenty feet.

57TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #9856 of 13244 Old 03-07-2019, 07:16 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Well, I got the NVIDIA setup, and got Kodi going on it with all of my movies scraped. I need to work on organizing the sets some more, especially the art (I really wish they had artwork specific to sets like Zappiti does - perhaps there are some available somewhere or with an add-on?).
MediaCompanion. Standalone scraper. Set the Kodi ones to Local info only, and use this program. Sets and everything. Custom movies handled. Concerts, music videos. Takes some learning, but I've used for at least 2-3 years.
post #9857 of 13244 Old 03-07-2019, 08:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mborland View Post

MediaCompanion. Standalone scraper. Set the Kodi ones to Local info only, and use this program. Sets and everything. Custom movies handled. Concerts, music videos. Takes some learning, but I've used for at least 2-3 years.
Thanks, I'll look into it.

LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3); Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4)
post #9858 of 13244 Old 03-08-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post
It's pretty reliable. Most games work fine with it- occasionally you'll get stuck on the desktop but you can always start up the games by hand if you get to that point. If you can't get Gamestream to work you can use Steamlink as well, that will work.

FYI: Nvidia (for the most part) solved the black-screen HDCP issue with 7.2 I was having. So it pays to send in your bug-reports (and complain a lot).

post #9859 of 13244 Old 03-08-2019, 09:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It's pretty reliable. Most games work fine with it- occasionally you'll get stuck on the desktop but you can always start up the games by hand if you get to that point. If you can't get Gamestream to work you can use Steamlink as well, that will work.

FYI: Nvidia (for the most part) solved the black-screen HDCP issue with 7.2 I was having. So it pays to send in your bug-reports (and complain a lot).
Thanks. I'll charge up the remote and give it a shot.
post #9860 of 13244 Old 03-08-2019, 12:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxy2416 View Post
That is weird as my shield is 15 feet away on the other side of a wall and the remote works fine.
+1, same for me.
post #9861 of 13244 Old 03-08-2019, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I just bought the Nvidia Shield. I also have a Synology NAS with Plex installed. I've ripped all my DVD-Audio files to .wav files in glorious 5.1 High Resolution Audio.

I also have an Oppo UDP-205 player which plays all those files in uncompressed 96Khz 5.1 surround sound streamed via my NAS and Plex Media Server. It sounds fantastic just like the original DVD-Audio disks. However, the interface isn't very good. Hence, my attempt to use Plex/Shield instead.

The problem is that when I try stream those same files and play them through the Plex App on the Nvidia Shield it down converts the 96Khz PCM .wav files to 48Khz PCM. I've not been able to find a way to fix this. I've read that others are not having this problem.

I also have everything going through my Marantz AV-7703 processor which says it supports up to 192Khz .wav files. It works just fine with the Oppo but not with the Shield or a Roku Ultra.

What gives here? Why is this so darn difficult to get this to work correctly.

Can anyone here offer any advice on how to make this work correctly? I've been searching the internet and have yet to find a solution that works for me.

Thanks,

Mitch
post #9862 of 13244 Old 03-08-2019, 03:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch57 View Post
I just bought the Nvidia Shield. I also have a Synology NAS with Plex installed. I've ripped all my DVD-Audio files to .wav files in glorious 5.1 High Resolution Audio.

I also have an Oppo UDP-205 player which plays all those files in uncompressed 96Khz 5.1 surround sound streamed via my NAS and Plex Media Server. It sounds fantastic just like the original DVD-Audio disks. However, the interface isn't very good. Hence, my attempt to use Plex/Shield instead.

The problem is that when I try stream those same files and play them through the Plex App on the Nvidia Shield it down converts the 96Khz PCM .wav files to 48Khz PCM. I've not been able to find a way to fix this. I've read that others are not having this problem.

I also have everything going through my Marantz AV-7703 processor which says it supports up to 192Khz .wav files. It works just fine with the Oppo but not with the Shield or a Roku Ultra.

Can anyone here offer any advice on how to make this work correctly? I've been searching the internet and have yet to find a solution that works for me.

Thanks,

Mitch
The shield does a lot of things well. I own 5 of them. I'm a huge fan.

For "casual" listening by casting a (lossy) streaming service to it, they work fine. But from what you've described above, your gear/intentions go well beyond that. The shield isn't a very good high-end-audio endpoint. I don't have any 5-channel dvd-audio content, but I do have some 2-channel hi-rez 24/96 flac content. For whatever reason, if I "cast" from a phone or tablet, 24/96 will play through the shield at 96 khz. If I access the file directly on the shield rather than casting, it gets down converted to 48 khz. I don't know why casting "works," but (at least for 2-channel) it does.

16/44.1 content also gets up converted to 48 khz if played directly on shield, and I think shield does a particularly poor job (not innocuous) at that upsampling.

Roon is a major $$$ investment compared to Plex (with or without Plex Pass), but you've already made a substantial investment with that UDP-205, Marantz, and DVD-Audio content... Those Oppo players are "roon ready". Roon has a great GUI, and is likely to hand those files off to your OPPO unchanged... Something to look into. I have an OPPO 203 and a Denon x4400, and I was just using my gear in that matter 30ish minutes ago before we went over to my mom's house for dinner. Works great. Sounds great. Give it a look for yourself...
Alan P likes this.
post #9863 of 13244 Old 03-08-2019, 04:30 PM

Quote:

Thanks,

Mitch
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=259408

The problem here is that the Android OS just doesn't handle higher bitrate uncompressed audio well. There is a really long topic on the Kodi forums with people having the same issues as you on the Shield. I suggest trying Kodi, not sure if it will be any better, but it's worth a shot.

Otherwise as PsuKinger suggested, try casting it. Yatse is a great app and can pretty much cast anything off of any source (including a NAS).

post #9864 of 13244 Old 03-08-2019, 05:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 2305 Post(s)
Liked: 2623
Quote:
Originally Posted by psuKinger View Post
Roon is a major $$$ investment...
At first I thought you were talking about RuneAudio. I guess not since that one is free.

http://www.runeaudio.com/
post #9865 of 13244 Old 03-08-2019, 06:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:

Thanks,

Mitch

You’ve encountered a limitation of the Shield and of Android devices in general. The Shield can pass through TrueHD and DTS MA, but not 96/24 multichannel PCM audio.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve Goff
post #9866 of 13244 Old 03-08-2019, 07:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:

Just curious about the bolded forced subtitle comment, are these pgs subtitles inside an mkv?

For example a blu ray rip that has the forced flag for an entire english subtitle stream? If someone can let me know that would be appreciated.

I tried game of thrones blu ray where dothraki speach has a few lines marked as forced inside the entire english stream, not sure if mrmc/kodi should be handling these or these are the type of forced subs you are describing.
post #9867 of 13244 Old 03-08-2019, 08:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murilo View Post

Just curious about the bolded forced subtitle comment, are these pgs subtitles inside an mkv?

For example a blu ray rip that has the forced flag for an entire english subtitle stream? If someone can let me know that would be appreciated.

I tried game of thrones blu ray where dothraki speach has a few lines marked as forced inside the entire english stream, not sure if mrmc/kodi should be handling these or these are the type of forced subs you are describing.
It was definitely an mkv I was testing as I haven't been able to play another format yet. I can't recall what title it was (maybe Creed II?) as I wasn't testing for that, I just happened to notice the subtitles with a foreign language, and nothing for English.

I'll try and verify.

I do know there was a setting for forced flag on subtitles.

post #9868 of 13244 Old 03-08-2019, 09:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Goff View Post
You’ve encountered a limitation of the Shield and of Android devices in general. The Shield can pass through TrueHD and DTS MA, but not 96/24 multichannel PCM audio.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess that's what I get for being a "Purist"! I want it to be "bit for bit" as the musicians and the studios intended it to be. I want it to sound exactly like the DVD-Audio Disk that I ripped it from.

I grew up in the early middle seventies and was fortunate enough to get a job working for a high end audio company. I was just a shipping and stock boy clerk to start, but I eventually got to go out on installs and do some sales work. I haven't stopped loving music and movies since! I got addicted to just how good music could be.

Now we have to contend with the limitations of what our current "Main Stream" consumer considers "Good Enough". Not to mention what the manufacture's marketing department "thinks" will be a big hit with consumers. 3D TV anyone? How many times have we seen that technology come and go?

My Oppo players pass the signals unaltered and plays them "bit for bit". I'm just looking for a better user interface and would like to reduce the wear and tear on my Oppo players since the company has exited the spinning disk market.

Thanks to everyone for all the information and suggestions.

Mitch
post #9869 of 13244 Old 03-08-2019, 10:08 PM

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
I guess that's what I get for being a "Purist"! I want it to be "bit for bit" as the musicians and the studios intended it to be. I want it to sound exactly like the DVD-Audio Disk that I ripped it from.

I grew up in the early middle seventies and was fortunate enough to get a job working for a high end audio company. I was just a shipping and stock boy clerk to start, but I eventually got to go out on installs and do some sales work. I haven't stopped loving music and movies since! I got addicted to just how good music could be.

Now we have to contend with the limitations of what our current "Main Stream" consumer considers "Good Enough". Not to mention what the manufacture's marketing department "thinks" will be a big hit with consumers. 3D TV anyone? How many times have we seen that technology come and go?

My Oppo players pass the signals unaltered and plays them "bit for bit". I'm just looking for a better user interface and would like to reduce the wear and tear on my Oppo players since the company has exited the spinning disk market.

Thanks to everyone for all the information and suggestions.

Mitch
I feel you. That's why I went with roon. Roon to the oppo sounds fantastic. I've now gone to the special purpose end points... pi with network transport or dac. Perfect bit for bit, my xlr dac (burr brown) will take 384k, 24bit (32bit really, but never seen that in the wild). The network transport will max out at coax limits 192/24. Fyi, roon will cast to the shield, but maxes at 96/24.

No display on the TV, but the roon ui on the tablet/phone/PC is awesome.

For the audiophile, it's worth it.

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk

video: Lg 65e6, Oppo uhd-203, Roku ultra, nVidia Shield Pro
audio: Yamaha aventage 3050, ATI AT252NC, martin logan efx 7.1
gaming: Ps4-pro, Psvr, Ps3
other: Synology d216play, Panamax m-5300pm & m-5400pm, a billion smarthome things
post #9870 of 13244 Old 03-09-2019, 09:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1166 Post(s)
Liked: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinningbull View Post
I feel you. That's why I went with roon. Roon to the oppo sounds fantastic.

Plus 1 x 100

My Oppo 203 will eventually be part of my 2-channel system I'm working on. The 203 as an Endpoint is fantastic!

Sony XBR55X900E
Marantz SR7010/Marantz MM7025
Oppo UDP-203 - Nvidia Shield
XBox One X
Klipsch RP-260f - RP-440C - RP140sa- RP-160m - RB10 - Sony SA-WM500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
nvidia shield remotes , onkyo ht s7800 , samsung ks8000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page