NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Page 33 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3285Likes

post #961 of 11263 Old 09-26-2016, 07:40 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaleke View Post
I just picked up a 4k tv today. Auto switch resolution is a nice feature to have. Will the vten auto switch between 1080p24/60 and 4k 24/60hz?
Yes, the VTEN has an External Scaler option so you can either have the VTEN upscale or it will change to the native resolution of the video and send it to the TV to do the upscaling. The VTEN is not HDMI 2.0, so it only supports 4k up to 30Hz.

I have a 4k 2016 Vizio P55. I run the Shield at 1080p 60Hz and I run the VTEN at 1080p 24Hz.
dwaleke likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #962 of 11263 Old 09-26-2016, 07:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog510 View Post
Does any know if there's a way to free up Ram on the Shield?

Uninstall apps that you don't use that run in the background, force close anything you can't uninstall..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #963 of 11263 Old 09-26-2016, 11:02 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 204
I have been seeing a lot of articles lately about the ability to setup the Shield as a Plex Server. I installed the software, but I haven't really had time to set it up yet. I tried using Kodi once, but the learning curve was too steep, and I don't have the time to set down and figure out how to set everything up, look through all the plug ins, install the ones I want, etc. I mainly want to use it to view local media, which Plex sounds like it will work fine for this.

I've also read about the compatibility of Plex using HDHomerun, which I'm also not familiar with. I looked on their website to familiarize myself with it a little bit, and it seems like you can get live streaming TV through one of these HDHomerun devices and use the Shield as a DVR device. Does anyone use a setup like this or can someone explain to me exactly what you get by hooking up one of these tuners? I'm just curious to know how many different channels there are, if they're channels from all over the world where only a few might be used, and if premium channels can be viewed, or would that need some kind of additional subscription to get premium channels, like HBO, Cinemax, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #964 of 11263 Old 09-26-2016, 11:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2339 Post(s)
Liked: 1826
Quote:
Originally Posted by movd View Post
The Shield is a powerful device and Android 7.0 has improvements that will benefit it. Hopefully, it can be a great device with the next firmware update.
Developers need to learn how to use the Leanback stuff. It's not hard but unfortunately most of them still think in terms of touchscreen phone interfaces.
post #965 of 11263 Old 09-26-2016, 11:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1514 Post(s)
Liked: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolldog View Post
I have been seeing a lot of articles lately about the ability to setup the Shield as a Plex Server. I installed the software, but I haven't really had time to set it up yet. I tried using Kodi once, but the learning curve was too steep, and I don't have the time to set down and figure out how to set everything up, look through all the plug ins, install the ones I want, etc. I mainly want to use it to view local media, which Plex sounds like it will work fine for this.
A couple of things:
1) As a long-time plex user that had never touched Kodi (and it's Shield-specific fork, SPMC) before I got my Shield, yes, there is a bit of a learning curve to Kodi. But, if you have local media containing a Dolby TrueHD audio track, and you want proper playback on Shield, you have to use either Kodi (transcoding only) or SPMC (both transcoding and bitstreaming). Plex *can't* bitstream it (yet), and although in theory transcoding *should* be supported and work, in practice myself and others have found that it generally does not work well at all. So if you needed motivation to overcome the learning curve, there it is. As far as Dolby TrueHD goes, it's the only proper tool in an NVidia Shield's toolbox right now. Many people are hoping Plex figures out whatever magical fairy dust Koying (the SPMC developer) used to get TrueHD bitstream working so flawlessly in his app...

2) Yes, a Shield can function both as a Server and as a Client. I only use mine as clients (I have an always-on Win7 desktop configured as my Plex server). Byte-my-bits, I believe, has a great youtube video review of a Shield as a Plex Server, I think he was able to run as many as 4 or 5 simultaneous Plex streams off of one Shield-as-server, which surprised and impressed both him and me...

Quote:
I've also read about the compatibility of Plex using HDHomerun, which I'm also not familiar with. I looked on their website to familiarize myself with it a little bit, and it seems like you can get live streaming TV through one of these HDHomerun devices and use the Shield as a DVR device. Does anyone use a setup like this or can someone explain to me exactly what you get by hooking up one of these tuners? I'm just curious to know how many different channels there are, if they're channels from all over the world where only a few might be used, and if premium channels can be viewed, or would that need some kind of additional subscription to get premium channels, like HBO, Cinemax, etc.
If you're referring to the HDHomeRun Plex plug-in, it only works for older versions of Plex Media Server (0.9.6.16.xx, I believe, but you can check the plug-ins official website for more details). Newer versions of Plex Media Server have really hurt Plex's ability to handle live-and-recorded TV, both from my DVR (Windows Media Center) and just accessing my HDHomeRun Prime directly via that plug-in. I had to remux my entire .wtv library to .mkv in order to "upgrade" PMS to a version that supported their Beta DVR software.

Silicon Dust's own "view" app, HDHomeRun View, works quite well on Shield, though, for Live TV. We use it daily in my house.

Note that both Plex and Silicon Dust both have DVR software in Beta stages... Plex's requires a Plex Pass to use the Beta software. No word yet (to my knowledge) if, once out of Beta, the DVR will remain PlexPass only or not... Silicon Dust's is expected to cost something like $30 a year for Guide Data.

I currently use Windows (7) Media Center for my whole-home-DVR solution. And I access all of my not-copy-protected (which for me, as a Comcast subscriber, means everything but HBO/Showtime/etc) DVR recordings on Shield by way of Kodi (after properly installing/configuring ServerWMC on the PC that is handling my DVR'd recordings, which also happens to be the same PC that serves as my Plex Server).

I had a subscription to HBO and Showtime through my cable company right up until about 2 months ago. Although a valid paying customer (ie, not a pirate, not abusing someone else's log-in, etc), Comcast doesn't authorize Comcast customers to be able to use HBOGo or Showtime Anytime on Android TV devices (Shield included). And ServerWMC only gives Kodi clients access to unprotected DVR content (not HBO recordings). When I brought my first Shield home and got it all hooked up, it didn't take long for it to basically take over my Living Room. Both my wife and I really liked it, right away. We use it for almost everything, so having this limitation (having to open HBO or Showtime on our phones and *cast* it to Shield) quickly became an annoying limitation on what was otherwise basically by-far-and-away our preferred vehicle from which to consume media.

I finally got sick of it, cancelled HBO through Comcast, and bought-direct from HBO. Now I use the HBO Now app on all my Shields, tablets, laptops, and phones... and I couldn't be happier. I've never used/liked HBO so much in my life. YMMV, as your cable provider may allow you to use HBO Go natively on Shield, unlike mine...

Hope this helps!

Last edited by psuKinger; 09-27-2016 at 08:25 AM.
post #966 of 11263 Old 09-26-2016, 04:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuKinger View Post
A couple of things:
1) As a long-time plex user that had never touched Kodi (and it's Shield-specific fork, SPMC) before I got my Shield, yes, there is a bit of a learning curve to Kodi. But, if you have local media containing a Dolby TrueHD audio track, and you want proper playback on Shield, you have to use either Kodi (transcoding only) or SPMC (both transcoding and bitstreaming). Plex *can't* bitstream it (yet), and although in theory transcoding *should* be supported and work, in practice myself and others have found that it generally does not work well at all. So if you needed motivation to overcome the learning curve, there it is. As far as Dolby TrueHD goes, it's the only proper tool in an NVidia Shield's toolbox right now. Many people are hoping Plex figures out whatever magical fairy dust Koying (the SPMC developer) used to get TrueHD bitstream working so flawlessly in his app...

2) Yes, a Shield can function both as a Server and as a Client. I only use mine as clients (I have an always-on Win7 desktop configured as my Plex server). Byte-my-bits, I believe, has a great youtube video review of a Shield as a Plex Server, I think he was able to run as many as 4 or 5 simultaneous Plex streams off of one Shield-as-server, which surprised and impressed both him and me...

If you're referring to the HDHomeRun Plex plug-in, it only works for older versions of Plex Media Server (0.9.6.16.xx, I believe, but you can check the plug-ins official website for more details). Newer versions of Plex Media Server have really hurt Plex's ability to handle live-and-recorded TV, both from my DVR (Windows Media Center) and just accessing my HDHomeRun Prime directly via that plug-in. I had to remux my entire .wtv library to .mkv in order to "upgrade" PMS to a version that supported their Beta DVR software.

Silicon Dust's own "view" app, HDHomeRun View, works quite well on Shield, though, for Live TV. We use it daily in my house.

Note that both Plex and Silicon Dust both have DVR software in Beta stages... Plex's requires a Plex Pass to use the Beta software. No word yet (to my knowledge) if, once out of Beta, the DVR will remain PlexPass only or not... Silicon Dust's is expected to cost something like $30 a year for Guide Data.

I currently use Windows (7) Media Center for my whole-home-DVR solution. And I access all of my not-copy-protected (which for me, as a Comcast subscriber, means everything but HBO/Showtime/etc) DVR recordings on Shield by way of Kodi (after properly installing/configuring ServerWMC on the PC that is handling my DVR'd recordings, which also happens to be the same PC that serves as my Plex Server).

I had a subscription to HBO and Showtime through my cable company right up until about 2 months ago. Although a valid paying customer (ie, not a pirate, not abusing someone else's log-in, etc), Comcast doesn't authorize Comcast customers to be able to use HBOGo or Showtime Anytime on any of their Android devices (Shield included). And ServerWMC only gives Kodi clients access to unprotected DVR content (not HBO recordings). When I brought my first Shield home and got it all hooked up, it didn't take long for it to basically take over my Living Room. Both my wife and I really liked it, right away. We use it for almost everything, so having this limitation (having to open HBO or Showtime on our phones and *cast* it to Shield) quickly became an annoying limitation on what was otherwise basically by-far-and-away our preferred vehicle from which to consume media.

I finally got sick of it, cancelled HBO through Comcast, and bought-direct from HBO. Now I use the HBO Now app on all my Shields, tablets, laptops, and phones... and I couldn't be happier. I've never used/liked HBO so much in my life. YMMV, as your cable provider may allow you to use HBO Go natively on Shield, unlike mine...

Hope this helps!
Yes indeed! This helps tremendously! One thing I'm not certain on yet is the setting of the client and server. I have a QNAP TS-451+, which has all my media on it, I also have it setup as my daughter's iTunes server so they don't have to keep all their media on their local hard drive. QNAP has a Plex Server as well, but the processing power of the QNAP NAS is much less than the Nvidia Shield. So, what I was planning to do, is setup my Shield as the server but setup the media folders on the QNAP in whatever software I plan on using, now you have me in a position to look I to both Kodi and Plex more before deciding which software to use. I've never used either one, so there will be a learning curve for both. I just want to be able to access all of my media files in an interface that looks better and has more functionality than Qphoto or Qvideo, which are QNAP apps for accessing your data. I'm fairly certain that no matter which one I choose, it'll be much better than the interface I'm using now.

So, if my QNAP stores all the media files, would the Shield still be used as a server or would it then be used as a client? I'd like to keep all my media on the QNAP but have the Nvidia Shield pull in all the content, organize it, and use it to stream to other devices,, like a phone, tablet, PC, Smart TV, etc. Can everything be setup this way or if all my files remain on the QNAP, would I need to setup the QNAP as the server and the Shield as a client, which can be used to view the media on whatever TV it's hooked up to, but any other streams would be coming off the QNAP? I just want to be able to view all of my media from any device I want, wherever I want, but I don't want to be waiting on video streams to buffer and all that stuff. That's why I was wanting to use my Shield as a server instead of may QNAP NAS.

I guess I need to learn a little more about each one, and if you say Kodi is definitely worth my time to learn more about it, then that's what I'm going to do. I have everything hooked up to a Dolby Atmos 7.2.4 system, and I have a 4K UHD HDR set with HDR10 and DV, so whichever app will let me use these features, I'm definitely more interested in it. Could you please clarify how I could setup my components with either Plex and/or Kodi so I'll be able to get the most power out of it. I was hoping I could use my Shield as the server and setup the media libraries on my Shield by having it create the libraries using the media directories on the QNAP. Is this possible? My QNAP stays on 24/7, and if I setup the Shield to be the server, would it need to be on 24/7 too? Does Kodi work with the same client/server interface as Plex?

I guess I'm going to have to take some time to learn more about these apps, but from what I'm thinking, it might be worth taking the time out to learn how to setup and use Kodi as opposed to Plex. Again, thanks a lot for the info. It's been very helpful.
post #967 of 11263 Old 09-26-2016, 08:55 PM
Advanced Member

Sorry, after watching the video you mentioned, most of my questions were answered. Thanks again for the advice.
post #968 of 11263 Old 09-26-2016, 10:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Reading through all these posts filled with technical information about capabilities I've never heard of makes me feel kinda silly I just bought my Shield to watch Hulu and Netflix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #969 of 11263 Old 09-26-2016, 10:22 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi,

Has anyone had HDMI handshake issues with Marantz processors (AV8802a) mine will only play to my projector with monitor 2 on, and only in 1080p?

It works in 4K when plugged in directly to the projector.

Cheers,

Phil
post #970 of 11263 Old 09-27-2016, 08:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sorry, after watching the video you mentioned, most of my questions were answered. Thanks again for the advice.
Very cool. Glad it helped. Like I said, I don't use my Shield as a Server, only as clients (I own 3 of them)... so I can't really help much on that front. But I did watch that video from Byte-my-Bits, and thought it was great. Glad it helped.

I think Plex is the "easiest" of the 3 (Plex vs Emby vs Kodi) to setup and use, FWIW. And as far as it's capabilities as the Shield's capabilities as a Client device, as long as you don't need Dolby TrueHD bitstreaming support, I'm not sure Plex is lacking much of any other (legal) capabilities that Kodi/SPMC have... and it also has the upside of, once you get a Plex Media Server up and running, you now have all of your content on your smart phones, tablets, and laptops too, in addition to your Shield. Whereas Kodi/SPMC don't require a "server" install, and everything is done "locally" at the client... which has its own pros-and-cons too, I suppose.
post #971 of 11263 Old 09-27-2016, 08:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Liked: 637
Quote:
Very cool. Glad it helped. Like I said, I don't use my Shield as a Server, only as clients (I own 3 of them)... so I can't really help much on that front. But I did watch that video from Byte-my-Bits, and thought it was great. Glad it helped.

I think Plex is the "easiest" of the 3 (Plex vs Emby vs Kodi) to setup and use, FWIW. And as far as it's capabilities as the Shield's capabilities as a Client device, as long as you don't need Dolby TrueHD bitstreaming support, I'm not sure Plex is lacking much of any other (legal) capabilities that Kodi/SPMC have... and it also has the upside of, once you get a Plex Media Server up and running, you now have all of your content on your smart phones, tablets, and laptops too, in addition to your Shield. Whereas Kodi/SPMC don't require a "server" install, and everything is done "locally" at the client... which has its own pros-and-cons too, I suppose.
Agreed. If Plex were to allow a little more customization of its Shield client/app and support HD audio pass thru correctly, I would most likely be using that over Kodi.

As it is, I use Kodi on a Beebox "NUC" for my dedicated HT room and a assortment plex clients everywhere else. Both Kodi and the Plex server utilize the same SMB shared media.
post #972 of 11263 Old 09-27-2016, 09:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaelSmith View Post
Agreed. If Plex were to allow a little more customization of its Shield client/app and support HD audio pass thru correctly, I would most likely be using that over Kodi.

As it is, I use Kodi on a Beebox "NUC" for my dedicated HT room and a assortment plex clients everywhere else. Both Kodi and the Plex server utilize the same SMB shared media.
I haven't had time to look into this thoroughly yet, but on the video (maybe it was a different one), he connected his Shield to his NAS media directories, so all the data can stay on the NAS. Setting it up like this (I didn't get that far yet), but in this configuration, would the NAS be setup as the server and the Shield as a client or could the Shield be setup as the server, since the NAS won't really be doing anything except holding the media files, which the Shield is populating its libraries from?

My NAS can do on-the-fly transcoding, do the transcoding as new files are added, or just stream the originals, but all of my videos I've recorded over the last few years are at UHD resolution. That's not a problem since every TVv/monitor in my house is 4K, but I'll probably recode the video files into a smaller format if someone wanted to stream a video onto a tablet or phone outside my local network. Plus, this NAS isn't even 5% of the power of my new rig I just finished building, and I'm quite certain that the Shield is probably twice ass fast as the NAS, so if it's possible to set the Shield up as the server, populate the libraries from the NAS, and then stream from the Shield to clients, that's definitely what I want to do.
post #973 of 11263 Old 09-27-2016, 10:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I haven't had time to look into this thoroughly yet, but on the video (maybe it was a different one), he connected his Shield to his NAS media directories, so all the data can stay on the NAS. Setting it up like this (I didn't get that far yet), but in this configuration, would the NAS be setup as the server and the Shield as a client or could the Shield be setup as the server, since the NAS won't really be doing anything except holding the media files, which the Shield is populating its libraries from?

My NAS can do on-the-fly transcoding, do the transcoding as new files are added, or just stream the originals, but all of my videos I've recorded over the last few years are at UHD resolution. That's not a problem since every TVv/monitor in my house is 4K, but I'll probably recode the video files into a smaller format if someone wanted to stream a video onto a tablet or phone outside my local network. Plus, this NAS isn't even 5% of the power of my new rig I just finished building, and I'm quite certain that the Shield is probably twice ass fast as the NAS, so if it's possible to set the Shield up as the server, populate the libraries from the NAS, and then stream from the Shield to clients, that's definitely what I want to do.
I think you're thinking along the correct lines. I believe the answer to most of those questions is "all of the above".

You can store your files on a NAS if you want. With a NAS, you can:
1) Configure your NAS to be the Server (but make sure your NAS has enough horsepower to do everything you want... Plex has an unofficial "NAS buying guide" that is very helpful, most NAS do not have the ooomph in them to handle High Def transcoding)
2) Configure an always-on PC to be the server
3) Configure a Shield to be the server

You can instead store your files on an external USB drive, and plug that drive into an always-on-PC, and configure that PC to be your server. You can probably also do the same thing, but hook that external hard drive up directly to a Shield, and then let the Shield be the Server that way as well.

Under any and all of the above conditions, the Shield should still be able to function as the "client", and as a client it should be able to bitstream lossless 1:1 blu ray rips with DTS-HD-MA audio... which is pretty cool!
post #974 of 11263 Old 09-27-2016, 11:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Liked: 637
Quote:

You can instead store your files on an external USB drive, and plug that drive into an always-on-PC, and configure that PC to be your server.
That is what I did. I have external drives where my media files are stored hooked up to an always on Odroid C2 running Samba. My Plex server is running on an old laptop.
post #975 of 11263 Old 09-27-2016, 01:33 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kisypher View Post
Reading through all these posts filled with technical information about capabilities I've never heard of makes me feel kinda silly I just bought my Shield to watch Hulu and Netflix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I mostly bought mine so I could play Unkilled and Modern Combat on a bigger screen.
kisypher likes this.
post #976 of 11263 Old 09-30-2016, 07:55 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Cool Finally have 3D mkv files and Iso's working on Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoTJ View Post
With SPMC, SBS 3D files work. Plex crashes.
I have experimented a ton on this and I finally have 3D MKV files working. At least with my setup you have to make sure the HDMI output on the shield is set up as 1080p and not 4k 60hz. The TV doesn't not let you switch it to 3d viewing at the higher resolution. Also, make sure if you have a 4k TV that the HDMI setup on TV port is not set to Enhanced but just standard. I am running SPMC by Koying 16.4.2. https://github.com/koying/SPMC/releases This version even lets you run blue ray ISO's from my synology NAS!

I play mine set to Side by Side and then tell the tv to set 3d to SBS.

Also, please note that for some reason when I switch my shield to run at 1080p I have to unplug the shield and reboot for that setting to stick. If you don't it switches back to the old setting.

Hope this helps others .

My setup in Shield pro, XBR940D, Pioneer Elite AVR.
post #977 of 11263 Old 09-30-2016, 08:03 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Disney/ABC owned apps that were mentioned at Google I/O are now available, including:

ABC
Disney Channel
Disney Junior
Disney XD
Freeform
npaladin2000 likes this.
post #978 of 11263 Old 09-30-2016, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpectre View Post
Disney/ABC owned apps that were mentioned at Google I/O are now available, including:

ABC
Disney Channel
Disney Junior
Disney XD
Freeform
Are these apps live streaming content?
post #979 of 11263 Old 09-30-2016, 12:27 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinoamerican1 View Post
Are these apps live streaming content?
They have both live streaming and on demand. You'll need a cable, satellite, or Playstation Vue subscription to get the most out of them though.
post #980 of 11263 Old 09-30-2016, 01:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 131
So when is the rumored NEW Shield TV coming?
C0pp3r likes this.

Bob Simandl ... somewhere near St. Louis
post #981 of 11263 Old 09-30-2016, 04:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Liked: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Simandl View Post
So when is the rumored NEW Shield TV coming?
There have been a few articles out that Nvidia is going to have a HUGE showing at CES this year.
I am sure we will see something then.
seriouspike likes this.

SonyXBR75X940D #1 RIP due to power surge!
#2 940D is a dead! Bad panel! 940D #3 almost dead, banding again!
BDI Corridor 8179
Sony PS4 Pro
Nvidia Shield (2015)
post #982 of 11263 Old 10-02-2016, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Any one using Nvidia player with LG OLED 65EC9600 TV what settings shall you recommend?
post #983 of 11263 Old 10-02-2016, 09:34 PM

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickyardz View Post
There have been a few articles out that Nvidia is going to have a HUGE showing at CES this year.
I am sure we will see something then.
any update from them?
post #984 of 11263 Old 10-03-2016, 09:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Liked: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziba Ji View Post
any update from them?
No updates yet for the new Shield. If I see anything, I will let you know and post it here.

SonyXBR75X940D #1 RIP due to power surge!
#2 940D is a dead! Bad panel! 940D #3 almost dead, banding again!
BDI Corridor 8179
Sony PS4 Pro
Nvidia Shield (2015)
post #985 of 11263 Old 10-03-2016, 06:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Anybody have luck using a micro SD card with the Shield? I bought a Samsung 128 gig Evo+ & I haven't been having much success with it. I've tried formatting the card several times, rebooted the Shield. Now it's stuck on the formatting like it's not doing anything.
post #986 of 11263 Old 10-03-2016, 06:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1048 Post(s)
Liked: 858
My 64GB card took a long time to format and move files.
post #987 of 11263 Old 10-04-2016, 01:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsaber View Post
My 64GB card took a long time to format and move files.
What card do you have?
post #988 of 11263 Old 10-04-2016, 04:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Its a SanDisk.

For the other users, does your NAS disconnect every time you restart your Shield? Its pretty annoying.
post #989 of 11263 Old 10-04-2016, 04:35 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsaber View Post
Its a SanDisk.

For the other users, does your NAS disconnect every time you restart your Shield? Its pretty annoying.
No, mine stays connected.

Sent from my mobile device.
post #990 of 11263 Old 10-04-2016, 05:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Is there a setting that you have to set? Or do you use guest login? I'm using a named account.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
onkyo ht s7800 , samsung ks8000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page