yaDIS : Dune HD jukebox tutorial - Page 22 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 113Likes

post #631 of 904 Old 12-11-2016, 07:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Clicking on the link might not work. Gotta type it in. And browse it on a desktop. Not mobile

Last edited by johnBlanker; 12-11-2016 at 07:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 904 Old 01-05-2017, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I love this thread ! Thanks a lot Mr Eric.

I do have a question, if you don't mind me asking.
Is there a possibility by modifying the template.xml (using GLASS Revisited by the way), can yaDIS start directly in a movie wall ? Without selecting Movies > All Movies, Genre, Director,etc.. first ?? I have a Dune HD Duo and the Base 3D.

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Looking forward to your reply.
post #633 of 904 Old 01-07-2017, 08:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Bought me a Dune hd base 3d a month ago and installed yadis this weekend.
The problem I´m having is: When I try to play dvd-iso-files (.iso) I get "playlist is empty" ,after pressing "play media files". I don´t get this error when playing .mkv or .avi files. I have two usb hdd attached to the dune and yadis on a small usb memory stick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #634 of 904 Old 01-07-2017, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 147
@REALHD : I dont use my dune anymore but if I remember correctly here's how you should do it. Navigate to the yadis menu you want to start with, use popup menu on your remote then "create shortcut", next time just use this shortcut to launch yadis and it should open it exactly where you decided. Of course you can also use this shortcut as starting point when turning on your dune.

@toga2 : that's an option in the dune setting. Try to find this option in the setup, that should be something related to the use of the remote OK or PLAY buttons. By default it's "start playlist", just turn it to "play". Again, not used my dune for years now, so it may be called something else but you get the idea
post #635 of 904 Old 01-07-2017, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Eric View Post
@REALHD : I dont use my dune anymore but if I remember correctly here's how you should do it. Navigate to the yadis menu you want to start with, use popup menu on your remote then "create shortcut", next time just use this shortcut to launch yadis and it should open it exactly where you decided. Of course you can also use this shortcut as starting point when turning on your dune.
Hi Mr Eric, thank you so much for the information, you are correct that did the trick. Awesome, much appreciated.
post #636 of 904 Old 01-07-2017, 10:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
I dont use my dune anymore
What did you migrate to or what are you using now as player?
I still use my Smart B1 extensively since 1080p and no 3D is sufficient for me. I do however use Zappiti as front end.
post #637 of 904 Old 01-08-2017, 03:36 AM

Hmm..I think you misunderstood me. I can´t get the .iso files to work . Maybe If I send you some pictures they explains the problem .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0203.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	1881905   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0205.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	1881921   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0206.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	1881929  
post #638 of 904 Old 01-08-2017, 04:07 AM

...and when I say .iso files it´s an iso done from dvd video_ts files. I can see the file in workspace/interface on my pc ..:
C:\Program Files (x86)\yaDIS\workspace\interface\00\11\DVD
and the others ,like "Matroska" and "AVI" folders, and they work fine.
post #639 of 904 Old 01-08-2017, 06:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_2go View Post
What did you migrate to or what are you using now as player?
I still use my Smart B1 extensively since 1080p and no 3D is sufficient for me. I do however use Zappiti as front end.
I'm using a Raspberry Pi with kodi/libreelec now
post #640 of 904 Old 01-08-2017, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toga2 View Post
Hmm..I think you misunderstood me. I can´t get the .iso files to work . Maybe If I send you some pictures they explains the problem .
there are some icons that shouldn't be there in your pictures...

Check the dune settings and be sure that you don't show system files (should be set as hidden).

Yadis doesn't play anything, if some files don't play, but others are ok, it's most of the time a problem from the dune itself or your files.
post #641 of 904 Old 01-14-2017, 07:50 AM

Yessss. That´s it! System files should be set as hidden!
Thanx a million Mr Eric!
post #642 of 904 Old 01-30-2017, 01:31 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi. Ive been using yadis for years on my Dune players. Does Yadis work on the new Zappiti players? Im not a fan of the Zappiti software but the player specs looks decent.
post #643 of 904 Old 01-30-2017, 05:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

No. The new zappiti is running android, it's completely different to the usual dune OS.
post #644 of 904 Old 02-01-2017, 04:16 PM

Yadis export issue

Hey guys, nice to see this thread still active. I did search for this although admittedly I didn't read this whole thread (if there is a more appropriate place feel free to let me know)

So long time yadis user and it works without flaw most of the time, yesterday however the export button failed to work. It pops up the usual "preparing export" dialog which then just closes in a few seconds without doing anything. with no error message or a log I'm kinda stumped as to what the issue is.
filesystem permissions and free space on both the local pc and dune are fine.
any ideas? I'm not clueless and don't mind digging into the issue if I can be pointed in the right direction
post #645 of 904 Old 02-02-2017, 05:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

It's only during the export that it fails ? Not when processing ? Could be anything... from your antivirus making problems to the yadis ini file being corrupted and sending the export to a wrong address. Very hard to diagnose.
post #646 of 904 Old 02-02-2017, 05:11 PM

Quote:
It's only during the export that it fails ? Not when processing ? Could be anything... from your antivirus making problems to the yadis ini file being corrupted and sending the export to a wrong address. Very hard to diagnose.
Only on export, adding new shows and processing them is fine. Also, it doesn't really "fail" in the sense that it gives any kind of error, the export dialog just goes away very quickly before it transfers the actual files. I does "preparing export" for about a second and the dialog just closes :-(

no changes to AV software or firewall, disabling both doesn't fix the issue either. I've reset the destination (with browse) inside yadis to no avail as well

Last edited by elkor; 02-02-2017 at 05:14 PM.
post #647 of 904 Old 02-03-2017, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

first : backup your workspace.

try to use the "flush image cache" button (top right in yadis main window). may be even try "reset dune interface" (you will need to reprocess everything, but it will be fast).

other thing to try : go to C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\yaDIS\yaDIS.ex e_Url_blablablabla\2.3.0.0 open the user.config you see there; find the line <setting name="ExportPath" serializeAs="String">, just below there should be your export path. is it the correct one ? Any chance that you have more than one /yADIS.exe_url folder in this /yadis folder ?

last resort : uninstall and reinstall yadis (be sure to delete the /yadis folder in appdata to have a 100% clean install), then use your workspace backup to put everything back.
post #648 of 904 Old 02-04-2017, 03:32 PM

Quote:
first : backup your workspace.

try to use the "flush image cache" button (top right in yadis main window). may be even try "reset dune interface" (you will need to reprocess everything, but it will be fast).

other thing to try : go to C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\yaDIS\yaDIS.ex e_Url_blablablabla\2.3.0.0 open the user.config you see there; find the line <setting name="ExportPath" serializeAs="String">, just below there should be your export path. is it the correct one ? Any chance that you have more than one /yADIS.exe_url folder in this /yadis folder ?

last resort : uninstall and reinstall yadis (be sure to delete the /yadis folder in appdata to have a 100% clean install), then use your workspace backup to put everything back.
Will try, thanks for the advice (especially checking appdata). I'll post back in a bit to let you know how that works
post #649 of 904 Old 02-25-2017, 10:45 AM

Code:
  <setting name="ExportPath" serializeAs="String">
       <value>\\DUNE\DuneHDD_9c86fab6_8f7c_4e51_8a58_16336d646722\yaDIS</value>
  </setting>
Looks correct, a fresh install and moving the old workplace dir into place doesn't correct the issue either so I think it's something in the workplace that's causing the problem. I just wish there was a log or something so I could have a clue as to what the issue was, this silent exit is non-helpful (and I've checked the various windows event logs). My workplace *is* quite large (~2.78G) but it was working just fine a few weeks ago and there is plenty of room on all the system drives to hold multiple copies if need be.
post #650 of 904 Old 02-27-2017, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

it seems that you are using the long drive name created by the dune when formatting the HDD. Did you try to use only "DuneHDD" ? long drive names are always a bit tricky...

Any chance that you tried zapitti recently ?
post #651 of 904 Old 04-20-2017, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hi
Quick question here. Been using Yadis for years with the Dune. Love it! Great program. So I stream from my NAS. When I delete movies from the NAS and the launch Yadis it shows the movies that aren't there with a red exclamation mark. So I go and delete the references. The next time I open Yadis, it find them again even though they aren't there. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks
Phil
post #652 of 904 Old 04-21-2017, 02:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

when deleting a movie from yadis, you need to do an export to remove it from the dune UI as well. If you just delete it from the list on your PC but don't export, it will stay.

If you export and the movies are still there, try to clean the dune interface (top right button in yadis), then delete your export folder and re-export the cleaned one. From time to time there can be some entries still in the export while it shouldn't be there.
post #653 of 904 Old 04-23-2017, 08:22 AM

Quote:
when deleting a movie from yadis, you need to do an export to remove it from the dune UI as well. If you just delete it from the list on your PC but don't export, it will stay.

If you export and the movies are still there, try to clean the dune interface (top right button in yadis), then delete your export folder and re-export the cleaned one. From time to time there can be some entries still in the export while it shouldn't be there.
Thanks Mr. Eric
Yes the movies are still there after export. When you mean clean the dune interface do you mean Reset the Dune interface or Flush the image cache?
Thanks for your efforts on this wonderful program
post #654 of 904 Old 04-25-2017, 06:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

you can do both (reset and flush)

Once you reset the interface, you will need to reprocess everything, but this goes fast as all the data is already there. Delete the export folder you use and re-export the brand you one just built.

PS : i didn't make anything in yadis, FredL is the only one behind it
post #655 of 904 Old 05-04-2017, 01:08 PM

@Mr Eric ,
i use yadis for years for movies but i have a problem with series.
I see the banners but it fails to open te series.
I can't play the files.
Do you know whats the problem.
I live in belgium.
I have the latest version.
I have a dune base

thx
post #656 of 904 Old 05-08-2017, 02:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Might be a problem with the way you name your files ? I would need more details to help you. Do the episodes/seasons scrap correctly in yadis ?
post #657 of 904 Old 05-26-2017, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I have a Dune HD Prime 3.0 (will eventually replace it when I get a new TV)...

Yadis 2.3 seems to have gotten messed up. It sees all my movies in my library, but thinks they are all "not processed". My workspace folder is in place and all the movies are in there, along with the fan art images, etc...

Any pointers to get it to "re-see" my configuration? I do have a backup from an older version of Yadis if some config file tweaking or restore from backup might help.

Separately - for my player what is the best jukebox to use? It seems Zappati doesn't support my older player. I think I'm "stuck" with Yadis, which was working fine, but isn't getting any updates.

Thanks
post #658 of 904 Old 05-30-2017, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

if everything is in your workspace folder, just select all your movies at once and hit process button. Everything should be back to normal after that (backup your workspace again, you never know what could happen...).

This could simply be because something changed in your network (IP for example) that made your files appear as "new" to yadis.
post #659 of 904 Old 06-16-2017, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 27
How can I point YADIS to use media files stored on a USB drive, connected to a router?

The only options that YADIS gives me is smb and nfs. The router uses FTP and "Network Neighbourhood" (and no, there isn't an option for SMB for NFS)

My router is a TPLink Archer C7
post #660 of 904 Old 06-20-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
you can do both (reset and flush)

Once you reset the interface, you will need to reprocess everything, but this goes fast as all the data is already there. Delete the export folder you use and re-export the brand you one just built.

PS : i didn't make anything in yadis, FredL is the only one behind it
Yes but you support it and I appreciate it. In the end neither worked. What I did was look at the NAS and had windows unhide hidden files. Low and behold there were the folders that Yadis kept picking up. Once I delete them, everything was great!

Another quick question. I'm running Windows 8.1, but wanted to upgrade to Windows 10. I remember a while back that Windows 10 had issues with Yadis and fonts or something like that. My memory fails me. Can you tell me if there is still and issue with Windows 10 and Yadis or is it all fixed?

Thanks again
Phil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page