yaDIS : Dune HD jukebox tutorial - Page 9 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 87Likes

post #241 of 850 Old 12-14-2015, 02:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcour View Post
I'm using the Glass Revisited (TV Posters) template in Win 10, so I'm having the capital letter font problem. Anyone know how to fix this? Can one just change the font in the template and if so, to what? Or is it more complicated than that? Thank ye.
check that your win10 is correctly updated with the last version. this should be enough to correct this problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 850 Old 12-14-2015, 02:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnBlanker View Post
Since were on the subject of editing themes, How do I know if a themes does not support cover cases? Also, If I don't want all those icons like mp3, mkv, dd 5.1, the ratings, etc. can I just remove them from the folder so they do not show up on the dune??
Unless the author said it in his small theme description, there's no way to know that before testing it... Most themes I know can be used with cases, but it's true that a small minority doens't use it.

and yes, if you remove the icons from the templates folder it should remove it from the output image, leaving the spaces empty.
post #243 of 850 Old 12-14-2015, 02:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVT View Post
Hey guys,

I recently renamed my files so I started re-scraping my files in yaDIS from scratch. For some reason yaDIS will only scrape 5 - 8 movies at a time even though I select all files and hit process.

Has anyone experienced this issue and is there any solution?
can you check if the process doesn't stop always when trying to scrape the same file ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #244 of 850 Old 12-14-2015, 05:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Eric View Post
yes, 2.2 is compatible with 2.3 (2.3 is only a minor update due to TMDB API changes). I know that some links are dead. i tried to keep most of the templates in my mediafire account but i'm pretty sure I've lost some

There's no new version in the work (not anymore at least). I think that Fred just stopped using it. I already asked if he could share the code so other people would be able to continue his work, but I've got no answer...
For anyone already using Plex I recommend using DPC Plex plugin for Dune. I loved Yadis but due to lack of time I got tired of updating both Yadis and Plex. I hope I don't insult you Mr Eric. If so I'll delete my post as this is not my intent. Actually perhaps I can get you to use DPC instead!? You'll see Plex is huge and is used on any platform imaginable.

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/co...omment_1082689
post #245 of 850 Old 12-14-2015, 09:22 AM
EVT
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
can you check if the process doesn't stop always when trying to scrape the same file ?
That's not it. I ended up just processing the whole library and it literally would only scrape six movies at a time no matter how many I highlighted (all, 20, 30, 50, 100, etc.) before pressing the process button.
post #246 of 850 Old 12-14-2015, 10:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
That's not it. I ended up just processing the whole library and it literally would only scrape six movies at a time no matter how many I highlighted (all, 20, 30, 50, 100, etc.) before pressing the process button.
Yup. I have always had this problem. Only when scraping new movies for the first time though. This does not happen when the movie has been already scraped. i.e. When you need to (re) process all your movies because you changed your theme or reset the dune interface.
post #247 of 850 Old 12-14-2015, 10:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
if you remove the icons from the templates folder it should remove it from the output image, leaving the spaces empty.
YES! this does work. You can even go into the template.xml file (With caution) and remove lines for stuff like ratings, framerate, etc.

I am sure there is a guide that explains how to create the templates. Just make a backup of the template file (or the whole theme folder) in case you mess something up. I did screw something up and YaDIS wouldn't load because it couldn't load the template. I just put the stock contents of the theme back in and it loaded up fine again. Fun.
post #248 of 850 Old 12-14-2015, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
or reset the dune interface.
What does that do exactly? Thanks.
post #249 of 850 Old 12-14-2015, 11:26 AM
EVT
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yup. I have always had this problem. Only when scraping new movies for the first time though. This does not happen when the movie has been already scraped. i.e. When you need to (re) process all your movies because you changed your theme or reset the dune interface.
So I guess that's just the way it is.

Thanks for confirming.
post #250 of 850 Old 12-14-2015, 01:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1197 Post(s)
Liked: 2027
Quote:

Thanks for confirming.
The only time I have that issue is if a movie is incorrectly named and it can't be scraped. Other wise I can select all and they process just fine with no stopping.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
post #251 of 850 Old 12-14-2015, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcour View Post
What does that do exactly? Thanks.
I believe it clears the data from your export folder. It would be the same as deleting the export folder.
post #252 of 850 Old 12-15-2015, 12:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

"reset dune interface" cleans the "interface" folder you will find in the workspace folder. this is the local output folder for the export folder (consider it as a working copy). When you use the reset button, this folder is erased, so yadis builds a new one based on the "data" folder in the workspace. This is usefull when you see some strange behaviors on your dune as it builds a brand new export folder (hit reset, delete the export folder, re-process all your collection, and export = 100% new yadis dune interface).
post #253 of 850 Old 12-15-2015, 12:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
YES! this does work. You can even go into the template.xml file (With caution) and remove lines for stuff like ratings, framerate, etc.

I am sure there is a guide that explains how to create the templates. Just make a backup of the template file (or the whole theme folder) in case you mess something up. I did screw something up and YaDIS wouldn't load because it couldn't load the template. I just put the stock contents of the theme back in and it loaded up fine again. Fun.
there's no template tutorial. I had to learn how to do it by testing and testing (and failing) again As you should have seen, this not rocket science, just pure logic and basic maths to calculate some coordinates for visual elements to instert in a 1920x1080 frame. You can test and crash as often as you want, just keep the original xml to replace a crashing test. Dunedit is a nice tool that can help a lot to understand how a template is working as it shows coordinates in real time in a GUI. Unfortunately this tool was hosted on mpcc and I don't find the source anymore I still have the program on my PC but don't now if it can be used as a portable one...

Last edited by Mr Eric; 12-15-2015 at 12:33 AM.
post #254 of 850 Old 12-15-2015, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for confirming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post
The only time I have that issue is if a movie is incorrectly named and it can't be scraped. Other wise I can select all and they process just fine with no stopping.
+1. If you can't scrape everything at once it's most of the time because you have an incorrect name, or a file that fails the mediainfo scan, or a duplicate movie (same name for 2 folders/files, could be a movie and a TV show with the same name...)
post #255 of 850 Old 12-16-2015, 08:23 AM
EVT
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
+1. If you can't scrape everything at once it's most of the time because you have an incorrect name, or a file that fails the mediainfo scan, or a duplicate movie (same name for 2 folders/files, could be a movie and a TV show with the same name...)
That's interesting, all my files were correctly named (as a matter of practice I use TMDB as my guide for naming my files) and yaDIS processed them just fine. It's just that it would only do about 6 at a time.
post #256 of 850 Old 12-22-2015, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Hi there, Hi Eric

First of all, i have to say, this is one extraordinary application. Thank you

I have tried Plex for Dune, Movienizer, this one is closest to the heart. What is saddening, that the latest version is of 2013 Do you have any future plans for it?

I also upgraded to Windows 10, redo the path to the Dune, otherwise it went well.

I have few questions:

Are the media types Movies/TV Shows hardcoded in the application, or it would be possible to create some new types.
For example BBC documentaries (mini series like Human Planet) Dont fit in either existing type.
Their series are not displayed by seasons (they dont have seasons)

Another thing, the genre Music: I would say, the name Musical would better represent the concept.

On the other hand the the genre, Music, or better Music Video could accommodate all the concert videos and similar. Actually, i tried couple of concert discs, but they were not recognized by the database.

And the last question:
Any plans to make this application deal with music files?

Best regards
post #257 of 850 Old 12-22-2015, 02:20 PM

And one more thought.
I did not test that, but if I would set up workspace forder in the Dune itself, the i could avoid exporting after each little change. Is that correct?

The content of those two folders (workspace and folder in Dune) seems to be identical
post #258 of 850 Old 12-22-2015, 02:23 PM

Silly me, i forgot about cache and data folders inside workspace :/
post #259 of 850 Old 12-23-2015, 12:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I am going to be reinstalling Windows 7 on my computer/server soon. As far as migrating yaDIS, is there anything I have to do other than just backup the workspace folder? Just install yadis, select the same settings I have on there now and point it to the workspace folder?
post #260 of 850 Old 12-24-2015, 01:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Back up your workspace. Set up the new yadis. Add your folders and dune path. Close yadis. Add your saved workspace to the new yadis. Restart yadis, all your movies should be there. Reprocess everything (should be fast as the workspace is already there) and that's it.

Can be even easier (but can some time fail) : backup the config.ini file you will find in C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\yadis (or /local/yadis, I don't remember exactly). Just after installing the new yadis (don't start it yet) put it back in the same folder, and the saved workspace as well. Start yadis and everything should be there, you will just need to reprocess to find everything as before.
post #261 of 850 Old 12-24-2015, 01:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Back up your workspace. Set up the new yadis. Add your folders and dune path. Close yadis. Add your saved workspace to the new yadis. Restart yadis, all your movies should be there. Reprocess everything (should be fast as the workspace is already there) and that's it.

Can be even easier (but can some time fail) : backup the config.ini file you will find in C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\yadis (or /local/yadis, I don't remember exactly). Just after installing the new yadis (don't start it yet) put it back in the same folder, and the saved workspace as well. Start yadis and everything should be there, you will just need to reprocess to find everything as before.
post #262 of 850 Old 12-24-2015, 06:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Thank you!
post #263 of 850 Old 12-25-2015, 09:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Yadis on new Dune HD SOLO 4K

Hi Mr Eric,

Do you intend to export Yadis to the new Dune HD SOLO 4K ?
post #264 of 850 Old 12-27-2015, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
From yadis, when I try to start house of cards S03 an input/output errors appears.
If I launch mkv directly from network without yadis I have no problem.
I've changed locations in another volume but same problem.

Any ideas? Thanks
post #265 of 850 Old 12-29-2015, 10:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
This worked great. The file is "user.config" and is located here: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\yaDIS\yaDIS.exe_Ur l_xxxxxx\2.3.0.0.
I recommend this approach since my yaDIS has a lot of customization. The re-processing time seemed about the same though.
If you are reinstalling Windows it would make it even easier if you keep the same name of your old computer. Otherwise you will just need to change the mappings of your old computer name.
Thanks again E
post #266 of 850 Old 12-30-2015, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Maybe someone can help (Mr Eric??)
Have been using yaDis 2.3 forever, now it won't find new programs (movies, TV episodes)...
Here is appcrash data from Windows 7
Quote:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: yaDIS.exe
Problem Signature 02: 2.3.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 523f5bb7
Problem Signature 04: yaDIS
Problem Signature 05: 2.3.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 523f5bb7
Problem Signature 07: 311
Problem Signature 08: 1
Problem Signature 09: System.BadImageFormatException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
It crashes after 'Retreiving Technical Data', it does it with a completely new installation on another computer. Could there be some media format that the old MediaInfo.dll is choking on??

I have attached MediaInfo for an episode and a movie that will cause the crash. Any ideas?
Attached Files
File Type: txt UFO_S1_E01.txt (4.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: txt Forrest.txt (51.5 KB, 28 views)

I'll stop ripping my BDs when I can put them in and watch the movie without trailers, warnings, cutesy menus...
post #267 of 850 Old 12-30-2015, 11:38 AM

OK, now the "new" installation is working with movies and most TV shows, except those I recently added...(see mediainfo attachments for examples)...
Attached Files
File Type: txt OL_S1_E1.txt (3.6 KB, 37 views)
File Type: txt UFO_S1_E01.txt (4.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: txt OL95_S5_E7.txt (3.8 KB, 23 views)

I'll stop ripping my BDs when I can put them in and watch the movie without trailers, warnings, cutesy menus...
post #268 of 850 Old 12-30-2015, 12:08 PM

UFO is fixed by removing the 'extra' AC3 track (de-mux MKV, re merge MKV). No luck with the Outer Limits, trying to pull the subtitle out of the MKV didn't help (and screwed up the subtitle sizes).
--Had to re-do the episodes, it's nuts. Use DVD Decrypter to pull the VOBs for CCExtractor (no joy with MKVs from MakeMKV), then use MakeMKV on the DVD to grab the episodes. (MKVMerge 8.6.1 on the VOBs results in crash fodder.)
Attached info for one that works after this process is attached for your entertainment.

I think the problem may be Matroska V4, in the new MKVToolnix? (Maybe not).

Another wonderful factoid... The Dune Smart D1 is NOT pleased with Tsmuxer 2.6.12.
Attached Files
File Type: txt OL_S2_E1_r.txt (3.7 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by drcos; 12-30-2015 at 04:38 PM.
post #269 of 850 Old 01-02-2016, 03:23 AM
krz

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, I have just muxed some older movies into new MKV containers. Used MakeMKV 1.98 and/or mkvmerge 8.7.0
Yadis crashes if it processes a new MKV-file that contains an MPEG1/2 stream at a resolution of 1080p. 480p and 576p MPEG stream are OK.
This happens when Yadis is retreiving technical data.
When I let Yadis process the original file (BD rip, m2ts file, etc) there is no problem.
If I use handbrake to convert the stream to h.264 into a new MKV-file all is well again.

Looks like this is the same thing that is happening with the movie of drcos...

Running windows 10 and Yadis 2.3
post #270 of 850 Old 01-02-2016, 03:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Looks like a problem with mediainfo during the scan. You can update mediainfo, I guess that the one used with the yadis distribution is getting old. If I remember correctly you just need to replace the mediainfo.dll you will find somewhere in the yadis install directory with the latest version and that's all...
hcour and krz like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page