Gravity 3D MKV... with ATMOS. How to do it? - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 20Likes

post #121 of 132 Old 09-19-2018, 06:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 917 Post(s)
Liked: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakyguy666 View Post
Can PS4 play the muxed BR discs that you burn?

If anyone is in the SoCal area and is comfortable with muxing mvc w/Atmos please PM me.
I can't see why not - I've only tried on PS3s though, and other players. I don't use my ps4 br player.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 132 Old 10-18-2018, 08:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOberhardt View Post
I can't see why not - I've only tried on PS3s though, and other players. I don't use my ps4 br player.
So does the PS3 play the disc made from the muxed ISO as a "real" frame packed 3D disc with atmos sound? I'd be interested in that since I can play it in my Blu-Ray player instead of messing around with MKV files and using that dune player mentioned in earlier posts.
post #123 of 132 Old 10-18-2018, 08:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyronaut View Post
So does the PS3 play the disc made from the muxed ISO as a "real" frame packed 3D disc with atmos sound? I'd be interested in that since I can play it in my Blu-Ray player instead of messing around with MKV files and using that dune player mentioned in earlier posts.
Yes, it does, and my other disc players do also. I gave up trying other formats as well. Easier just dealing with discs. You do need to stick with BD50s though, so just remux, no recompression.

Once you have the elements from the original (eg the 3d movie, and the atmos track separated):
Mount the source 3D iso
Open with DBInfo, and find the correct MPLS (in the playlist folder) to identify the 3D source (left and right eye) and subtitles
Run TSMuxer, and select the MPLS identified above
Untick any subtitles and audio streams from the 3D that you don’t want
Add the Atmos track (or the M2TS or mpls and just select the atmos track)
Set the Language code to ENG if not detected
Go to the split tab, and set it to split at some value. I do 1GB. If you don’t, you may end up with files too big for a layer. It messes up with 3D files - so if you say 1GB, the files are actually 4GB.
Set TSMuxer to create BR Iso
Start the creation
Once complete, mount the Iso, and open with BDInfo. Make sure the left and right eye streams match the source.
If you have some way to play it on your PC, and check audio sync, do so. Media Player Classic has no issues playing with the atmos track, but Video Lan does (choppy). MPC allows you to then set the audio delay, and figure how many milliseconds to add or remove. That said, I've only had to do this with one.
Pyronaut likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 132 Old 11-11-2018, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Yes, it does, and my other disc players do also. I gave up trying other formats as well. Easier just dealing with discs. You do need to stick with BD50s though, so just remux, no recompression.

Once you have the elements from the original (eg the 3d movie, and the atmos track separated):
Mount the source 3D iso
Open with DBInfo, and find the correct MPLS (in the playlist folder) to identify the 3D source (left and right eye) and subtitles
Run TSMuxer, and select the MPLS identified above
Untick any subtitles and audio streams from the 3D that you don’t want
Add the Atmos track (or the M2TS or mpls and just select the atmos track)
Set the Language code to ENG if not detected
Go to the split tab, and set it to split at some value. I do 1GB. If you don’t, you may end up with files too big for a layer. It messes up with 3D files - so if you say 1GB, the files are actually 4GB.
Set TSMuxer to create BR Iso
Start the creation
Once complete, mount the Iso, and open with BDInfo. Make sure the left and right eye streams match the source.
If you have some way to play it on your PC, and check audio sync, do so. Media Player Classic has no issues playing with the atmos track, but Video Lan does (choppy). MPC allows you to then set the audio delay, and figure how many milliseconds to add or remove. That said, I've only had to do this with one.
I assume you meant BDInfo, not DBInfo, haha. Took me a little while to figure that one out.
What format do you add the Atmos track in? I tried adding it as MKV and MKA files, and tsMuxeR 2.6.12 didn't detect the Atmos track in either.
post #125 of 132 Old 11-11-2018, 08:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I assume you meant BDInfo, not DBInfo, haha. Took me a little while to figure that one out.
What format do you add the Atmos track in? I tried adding it as MKV and MKA files, and tsMuxeR 2.6.12 didn't detect the Atmos track in either.
Ah yes BDINfo sorry.

Well when you demux the audio file from the source, you get either .ac3 or .dts (for dtsx) file extensions. If you have the original muxed file, it would be an M2TS or the associated MPLS if multi part video files.
post #126 of 132 Old 07-21-2019, 12:28 PM

Just as an update on this, I tried doing this with another movie using the UHD disc as the Atmos source and tsMuxer didn't like the UHD source, so I had to extract the Atmos separately (.thd+ac3 file) with eac3to first and add that as the audio source to get it to work.

I'll be buying the Alita 4k/3D combo pack but the Atmos audio is only on the 4k disc, so I'll have to do this procedure with that in order to watch it in 3D and Atmos. It's a shame that studios make us have to jump through hoops like this in order to enjoy 3D and Atmos at the same time.
post #127 of 132 Old 07-21-2019, 01:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Just as an update on this, I tried doing this with another movie using the UHD disc as the Atmos source and tsMuxer didn't like the UHD source, so I had to extract the Atmos separately (.thd+ac3 file) with eac3to first and add that as the audio source to get it to work.

I'll be buying the Alita 4k/3D combo pack but the Atmos audio is only on the 4k disc, so I'll have to do this procedure with that in order to watch it in 3D and Atmos. It's a shame that studios make us have to jump through hoops like this in order to enjoy 3D and Atmos at the same time.
I've done about 40. Generally I use dvdfab m2ts pass thru for the uhd, then remux the audio using tsmuxer, then remux to iso.
post #128 of 132 Old 07-21-2019, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
I do this quite often. I use MAKEMKV to rip both sources to MKV and then use MKVToolNix to merge the audio and video tracks of my choice.
post #129 of 132 Old 07-21-2019, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucher View Post
I do this quite often. I use MAKEMKV to rip both sources to MKV and then use MKVToolNix to merge the audio and video tracks of my choice.
Yeah that makes sense if you just want an MKV as the final output, but with 3D discs I find that making an ISO to burn to disc is often the easiest way to get it to work for me. Getting frame packed 3D output from an MKV on a PC doesn't seem to work too well for me.
post #130 of 132 Old 07-21-2019, 08:15 PM

Quote:
I've done about 40. Generally I use dvdfab m2ts pass thru for the uhd, then remux the audio using tsmuxer, then remux to iso.
Is that easier than extracting the THD+AC3 file? Never used DVDFab but if that's an easier path I might give it a shot.
post #131 of 132 Old 07-21-2019, 09:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Is that easier than extracting the THD+AC3 file? Never used DVDFab but if that's an easier path I might give it a shot.
Yes, very easy.

Sorry, I demux the m2ts file and that just gives an Atmos ac3 file, that I can just add when I remux.
post #132 of 132 Old 09-13-2019, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi Guys ,

If I convert the Iso file (Gravity 3d with Atmos)
Will Lg ubk 90 4k player play the mkv ?

-- kris

Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, ? ? | FV18SW black oak grain finish Rev2 with paper cone driver | Marantz SR7012 | ATV 4K
| Epson 2045 cinematic Projector |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page