Gravity 3D MKV... with ATMOS. How to do it? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 20Likes

post #1 of 132 Old 03-20-2015, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 865 Post(s)
Liked: 534
Gravity 3D MKV... with ATMOS. How to do it? (Solved)

Here's a much more succinct approach for creating a 3D MKV file

So since they just released a new, allegedly very impressive (from Ralph's review) version of Gravity with an Atmos soundtrack yet failed to also make it a 3D version, I want to take the 7.1 True HD track with Atmos on it and mux it with the 3D MKV video file.

I'd like to figure out and detail the process here so that anyone who wants to do the same can do so with ease.

The first problem is finding something that will rip just the Atmos audio track (MakeMKV won't let you just rip audio) and then software that can merge the audio and video files AND that can handle not only Dolby True HD but one that knows how to handle ones that are encoded with Atmos. And, no, they're not one and the same. If they were then I'd be able to listen to Atmos on my Plex HT but I can't.

UPDATE:

So we've got one method from Manni01 that he tested with I, Frankenstein that he got to work (only on one of his players though):

Quote:
Use tsmuxer to create an ISO from an MVC mkv of the 3D version, created with makemkv, and the Atmos soundtrack from the Japanese 2D version.
This worked fine, but was only playable with TMT, not PDVD. It might be playable on a 3D mediaplayer but my Dune Base 3.0 and my NeoTV 550 are 2D only, so I couldn't test.
Tsmuxer can rip the Atmos audio straight from the disc in the drive as long as ANYDVD is enabled. (Will DVDFAB also work?)

A more detailed step-by-step (again, from Manni01):

Here is a step-by-step that works for me (you need to have AnyDVDHD running in the background).

Important note/disclaimer: you need to own the original bluray of both the 3D and 2D version, otherwise what you are doing is illegal. It might still be illegal in your country even if you own both discs, so please check you local copyright laws, etc). The point here is to try to help legal owners of the two versions to watch a combined version of the movie until a proper 3D + Atmos version becomes available to purchase, not to encourage or condone piracy):

1) Use makemkv to make an MVC mkv rip of the 3D Bluray. The playlist to select is the one with the MVC video track. Select as many audio and subtitle tracks as you want.
2) Once you have an MVC mkv of the 3D Bluray, try it in your mediaplayer. If you have PDVD or TMT on a PC, none of them support MVC files properly, so don't waste your time. TMT doesn't play them at all, and PDVD will play them as a 2D movie converted to 3D, with black borders, so pointless. The only option on a PC able to play an MVC file properly AND bitstream the dolby Atmos track is stereoscopic player. It's unfortunately not an option with an AMD GPU due to the left eye delay bug I mentioned earlier, unless you have Windows 7 or earlier and can use Catalyst 12.3 or earlier. AFAIK it was the last version without the bug. With NVidia or Intel GPU, stereoscopic player should work, but you need to check, I only have an AMD 3D platform.

If your player supports MVC playback properly, you have now two options: keep the file as an MVC MKV and simply add the Atmos track with MKVToolnix, or do what you have to do if your player can't play MVC files properly, which is to convert the MVC back to a 3D BD ISO using tsmuxer.

3) In any case, use BD Info to identify the correct playlist on the 2D disc with Amos (from the original physical disc, no need to create an ISO first although it will work with an ISO or folder rip). If BD Info gives you too many options you can look at the disc.inf file created by anydvdhd in the structure of the bluray, the last line will tell you the valid file(s). You're obviously looking for the playlist with a dolby TrueHD track (there will be no mention of Atmos until tools are updated to identify the extra metadata, which is unlikely to happen any time soon).

4a) If your player is compatible and plays MVC files properly and if you want to keep the movie in mkv format, use mkvtoolnix to import the 3D MVC file and the 2D Atmos playlist from the physical BD reader, and create a 3D MVC file with both the 3D video and the Atmos (TrueHD) track. You'll have to deselect the 2D Video, and the non atmos tracks/subtitles that you don't want to keep. You might also move the Atmos track up so that it's selected by default in the new MVC file.

4b) If your player is unable to play MVC files properly or if you'd rather have an ISO version of the 3D Atmos movie, use tsmuxer to import the 3D MVC file and the 2D Atmos playlist from the physical BD reader, and create a BD ISO with both the 3D video and the Atmos (TrueHD) track. You'll have to deselect the 2D Video, and the non atmos tracks/subtitles that you don't want to keep. You might also move the Atmos track up so that it's selected by default in the new MVC file. The resulting ISO is only playable on my system by the standalone version of TMT (latest 6.5 in my case). It might be playable by other mediaplayers or software players, I haven't tested.

5) Cross your fingers that audio and video will be in sync, and enjoy a 3D version of your movie with a Dolby Atmos track

RESULTS:

Using mostly step 4b above, I was successfully able to make a 3D ATMOS ISO of Gravity using tsmuxer to mux the video files (MVC and H.264, from a 3D MKV file I had already ripped) with the True-HD Atmos track from an ISO of the disc I mounted on a clone drive using the (sheep) Virtual CloneDrive. To get the audio track, when you are adding files in the upper window of tsmuxer, you go to the clone drive, in my case K, and navigate to K:\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00098.mpls. From there you select the TRUE-HD audio codec in the lower window.

I've attached a picture of what my tsmuxer window looked like to make the ISO. It plays flawlessly. As you can see, the files from the two different discs are the exact same length. I am playing it on a KDLinks HD720 Media Player. Can't guarantee that it'll work on everything.

I went with the ISO approach because installing all the necessary components for mkvtoolnix to run seemed a bit daunting. On the other hand, tsmuxer was an all-in-one solution with a GUI.

Good luck everyone!

Update:

Here is some info from Batiatus Rules on making it into an MKV:

For now, and for my purposes, I simply used MakeMKV to rip both the 3D Blu-ray and the 2D Atmos Blu-ray into MKVs. Then opened MKVToolNix and muxed the 3D MVC video, chapters and subtitles from the first MKV with only the TrueHD7.1/Atmos audio track of the second MKV. Took about 25 minutes to compile and I have 1 perfect 3D MVC MKV Atmos file. No sync issues, no playback issues in Kodi 14/15 and just in fact finished watching it and it looked fantastic and sounded amazing!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tsmuxer_gravity.png
Views:	1866
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	640473  
SuperFist likes this.

Last edited by javanpohl; 06-14-2017 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Updated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 132 Old 03-20-2015, 08:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Try MKVtoolnix, you can merge MKV's with it and select which audio track you want. Also its free
javanpohl likes this.
post #3 of 132 Old 03-20-2015, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1229 Post(s)
Liked: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by javanpohl View Post
So since they just released a new, allegedly very impressive (from Ralph's review) version of Gravity with an Atmos soundtrack yet failed to also make it a 3D version, I want to take the 7.1 True HD track with Atmos on it and mux it with the 3D MKV video file.

I'd like to figure out and detail the process here so that anyone who wants to do the same can do so with ease.

The first problem is finding something that will rip just the Atmos audio track (MakeMKV won't let you just rip audio) and then software that can merge the audio and video files AND that can handle not only Dolby True HD but one that knows how to handle ones that are encoded with Atmos. And, no, they're not one and the same. If they were then I'd be able to listen to Atmos on my Plex HT but I can't.

RIPPING THE AUDIO:

It appears that DVD AUDIO EXTRACTOR can handle blu-ray audio. I'm going to give this one a shot first.

MERGING AUDIO AND VIDEO:

Not sure... can mkvtoolnix do this?
AnyDVDHD, tsMuxeR,BDinfo are all you need.

Rip both movies to hard drive using AnyDVD HD.
Mount both movies using Virtual Drive
Demux the Atmos out of the movie using tsMuxeR.
Load the 3D version into tsMuxeR with correct playlist found from BDinfo.
Add the Atmos track
Uncheck the DTS HD Track
Check the Atmos track
Create new ISO with tsMuxeR.

My only concern is will the Audio and Video be in Sync.
fitbrit and javanpohl like this.

I've paid for my sins. We're even!

Last edited by blackssr; 03-20-2015 at 08:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 132 Old 03-20-2015, 08:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch03 View Post
Try MKVtoolnix, you can merge MKV's with it and select which audio track you want. Also its free
ISO is the way to go here. Not MKV. 3D Dunes, KD LInks Media players and PCs will all be able to play 3D MVC ISOs

post #5 of 132 Old 03-20-2015, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackssr View Post
ISO is the way to go here. Not MKV. 3D Dunes, KD LInks Media players and PCs will all be able to play 3D MVC ISOs
Is there a reason to avoid 3D MKVs? I make all my 3D movies MKVs. The KDLinks plays 3D MKV files as well.
post #6 of 132 Old 03-20-2015, 09:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Is there a reason to avoid 3D MKVs? I make all my 3D movies MKVs. The KDLinks plays 3D MKV files as well.
Most PCs, the Dunes, KDlinks 720, HTPCs and stand alone players without cinavia seem to handle ISOs the best. It is easy to create an actual disc from ISO using BD re builder. It is a more elegant solution.

post #7 of 132 Old 03-20-2015, 04:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Thanks very much for this!

Quote:

Add the Atmos track
Uncheck the DTS HD Track
Check the Atmos track

post #8 of 132 Old 03-20-2015, 06:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitbrit View Post
Thanks very much for this!
You are welcome.

post #9 of 132 Old 03-20-2015, 08:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 59
I assume that there's no harm in keeping the DTS-HD MA soundtrack too, for those of us who don't have ATMOS yet?
post #10 of 132 Old 03-21-2015, 04:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

None at all. FYI, Atmos will play as TrueHD on non Atmos systems.

post #11 of 132 Old 03-22-2015, 01:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 324 Post(s)
Quoted: 5428 Post(s)
Liked: 5614
Quote:

Add the Atmos track
Uncheck the DTS HD Track
Check the Atmos track

Have you actually tried this yourself?

There are a few things that I don't understand in your suggestion.
1) If you rip to hard disk, AnyDVD creates bd folders and doubles the size of the movie, not an ISO. Do you mean copy to image?
2) If you copy to ISO, why do both version? If it's just because you don't have two physical drives, then only one is needed. Tsmuxer can read from the physical disc directly as long as anydvdhd is enabled, it makes no difference vs mounting an ISO.
3) can tsmuxer handle the 3d structure with the ssif folder when you create the new ISO? I assume it's going to be huge otherwise.

If you have tried and if it works, I'll try this. I managed to create an MVC mkv file using makemkv and mkvtoolnix but the resulting mkv mvc file isn't playable on my AMD HTPC due to the left eye AMD bug.
post #12 of 132 Old 03-22-2015, 04:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@blackssr:

I own a 3D UK version and a Japanese 2D version of I, Frankenstein and I tried your method of using tsmuxer to combine the 3D video and the 2D Atmos directly.
It didn't work. It generated an apparently correct ISO, which could be loaded, and which had the SSIF folder, but it wasn't playable by either PDVD or TMT.
So I tried to use tsmuxer to create an ISO from an MVC mkv of the 3D version, created with makemkv, and the Atmos soundtrack from the Japanese 2D version.
This worked fine, but was only playable with TMT, not PDVD. It might be playable on a 3D mediaplayer but my Dune Base 3.0 and my NeoTV 550 are 2D only, so I couldn't test.

The two versions are not exactly the same length, there is about 1s difference, so I have to check audio sync.
Also tsmuxer added some messages about duplicated frames in the Atmos track. Hopefully it is able to recognise the metadata.
When I tried to play the hybrid 3D Atmos ISO with TMT, it did display the picture in 3D and my AVR detected the Atmos track, so apparently it looked fine.
I'll try to watch the 3D Atmos movie over the next couple of days and I'll report if it works.
I have little interest in I, Frankenstein but I wanted to practice this by the time I got Gravity (I already own the 3UK D Bluray and have pre-ordered the US Diamond Atmos edition, which is expected to ship at the end of the month).
post #13 of 132 Old 03-22-2015, 05:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post
@blackssr:

I own a 3D UK version and a Japanese 2D version of I, Frankenstein and I tried your method of using tsmuxer to combine the 3D video and the 2D Atmos directly.
It didn't work. It generated an apparently correct ISO, which could be loaded, and which had the SSIF folder, but it wasn't playable by either PDVD or TMT.
So I tried to use tsmuxer to create an ISO from an MVC mkv of the 3D version, created with makemkv, and the Atmos soundtrack from the Japanese 2D version.

The two versions are not exactly the same length, there is about 1s difference, so I have to check audio sync.
Also tsmuxer added some messages about duplicated frames in the Atmos track. Hopefully it is able to recognise the metadata.
When I tried to play the hybrid 3D Atmos ISO with TMT, it did display the picture in 3D and my AVR detected the Atmos track, so apparently it looked fine.
I'll try to watch the 3D Atmos movie over the next couple of days and I'll report if it works.
I have little interest in I, Frankenstein but I wanted to practice this by the time I got Gravity (I already own the 3UK D Bluray and have pre-ordered the US Diamond Atmos edition, which is expected to ship at the end of the month).
In theory it should work. I have several Dune 3D Bases. I will try my method when I receive my copy of Atmos Gravity at months end. Have you tried to combine the two 3D Titanic discs into a single ISO? I have successfully combined the two Hobbit 3D extended editions into single ISOs using tsMuxeR and they worked perfectly on my Dunes. Titanic is always out of sync on the second half. I believe it has to do with the brief "Insert Disc 2" message at the end of the first disc. It throws off the sync on the second. The Hobbit films do not have this.

post #14 of 132 Old 03-23-2015, 01:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I didn't try either the Hobbit or Titanic (I have both and don't really mind the changing of the disc).

I'll try again with Gravity at the end of the month, but I think the issue might be Atmos. I'm not sure the current version of tsmuxer is fully compatible with it, hence the many messages it displays during the process. If I try to mux the hybrid MVC version I had made, it doesn't recognise the Atmos track. I have to add it directly from the disc or ISO. maybe it has problems dealing with 3D and Atmos at the same time.

Again it might be an issue with the PC Players, I haven't been able to try with a 3D enabled mediaplayer.

Anyway, if it doesn't work, you know what to try. .

i'll report about the sunc in I, Frankenstein when I have a chance to watch the movie, and of course about Gravity at the end of the month.
post #15 of 132 Old 03-23-2015, 06:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 977 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
In theory it should work. I have several Dune 3D Bases. I will try my method when I receive my copy of Atmos Gravity at months end. Have you tried to combine the two 3D Titanic discs into a single ISO? I have successfully combined the two Hobbit 3D extended editions into single ISOs using tsMuxeR and they worked perfectly on my Dunes. Titanic is always out of sync on the second half. I believe it has to do with the brief "Insert Disc 2" message at the end of the first disc. It throws off the sync on the second. The Hobbit films do not have this.
Did you use the same method above to combine the Hobbit?
post #16 of 132 Old 03-23-2015, 07:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie78 View Post
Did you use the same method above to combine the Hobbit?
Yes I did, But the Hobbit movies do not have that 7 second clip in them. I believe that clip is video only. When I combine the two parts that clip adds length to the video portion only so the audio on part 2 is now out of sync. I tried numerous times, each with different methods and still no luck. Each attempt takes about an hour. I was hoping someone on here with more experience and knowledge could shed some light on what the issue is.

post #17 of 132 Old 03-23-2015, 10:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Just to confirm that the audio sync was perfect in my I, Frankenstein hybrid 3D+Atmos.
I hope we'll get the same result with Gravity.
By the way it's only playable by the standalone TMT. The MCE plugin can't play the ISO. PDVD can't play it at all (standalone or MCE plugin).
javanpohl and blackssr like this.
post #18 of 132 Old 03-23-2015, 12:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post
Just to confirm that the audio sync was perfect in my I, Frankenstein hybrid 3D+Atmos.
I hope we'll get the same result with Gravity.
By the way it's only playable by the standalone TMT. The MCE plugin can't play the ISO. PDVD can't play it at all (standalone or MCE plugin).
What procedure did you use to do the conversion?

Good job!!
post #19 of 132 Old 03-23-2015, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
What procedure did you use to do the conversion?

Good job!!
He posted them above. I'll put them into the OP.
post #20 of 132 Old 03-23-2015, 12:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
He posted them above. I'll put them into the OP.
I have already try that option a while back and i wasn't successful.

Just looking for a good working solution..
post #21 of 132 Old 03-23-2015, 03:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have already try that option a while back and i wasn't successful.

Just looking for a good working solution..
Here is a step-by-step that works for me (you need to have AnyDVDHD running in the background).

Important note/disclaimer: you need to own the original bluray of both the 3D and 2D version, otherwise what you are doing is illegal. It might still be illegal in your country even if you own both discs, so please check you local copyright laws, etc). The point here is to try to help legal owners of the two versions to watch a combined version of the movie until a proper 3D + Atmos version becomes available to purchase, not to encourage or condone piracy):

1) Use makemkv to make an MVC mkv rip of the 3D Bluray. The playlist to select is the one with the MVC video track. Select as many audio and subtitle tracks as you want.
2) Once you have an MVC mkv of the 3D Bluray, try it in your mediaplayer. If you have PDVD or TMT on a PC, none of them support MVC files properly, so don't waste your time. TMT doesn't play them at all, and PDVD will play them as a 2D movie converted to 3D, with black borders, so pointless. The only option on a PC able to play an MVC file properly AND bitstream the dolby Atmos track is stereoscopic player. It's unfortunately not an option with an AMD GPU due to the left eye delay bug I mentioned earlier, unless you have Windows 7 or earlier and can use Catalyst 12.3 or earlier. AFAIK it was the last version without the bug. With NVidia or Intel GPU, stereoscopic player should work, but you need to check, I only have an AMD 3D platform.

If your player supports MVC playback properly, you have now two options: keep the file as an MVC MKV and simply add the Atmos track with MKVToolnix, or do what you have to do if your player can't play MVC files properly, which is to convert the MVC back to a 3D BD ISO using tsmuxer.

3) In any case, use BD Info to identify the correct playlist on the 2D disc with Amos (from the original physical disc, no need to create an ISO first although it will work with an ISO or folder rip). If BD Info gives you too many options you can look at the disc.inf file created by anydvdhd in the structure of the bluray, the last line will tell you the valid file(s). You're obviously looking for the playlist with a dolby TrueHD track (there will be no mention of Atmos until tools are updated to identify the extra metadata, which is unlikely to happen any time soon).

4a) If your player is compatible and plays MVC files properly and if you want to keep the movie in mkv format, use mkvtoolnix to import the 3D MVC file and the 2D Atmos playlist from the physical BD reader, and create a 3D MVC file with both the 3D video and the Atmos (TrueHD) track. You'll have to deselect the 2D Video, and the non atmos tracks/subtitles that you don't want to keep. You might also move the Atmos track up so that it's selected by default in the new MVC file.

4b) If your player is unable to play MVC files properly or if you'd rather have an ISO version of the 3D Atmos movie, use tsmuxer to import the 3D MVC file and the 2D Atmos playlist from the physical BD reader, and create a BD ISO with both the 3D video and the Atmos (TrueHD) track. You'll have to deselect the 2D Video, and the non atmos tracks/subtitles that you don't want to keep. You might also move the Atmos track up so that it's selected by default in the new MVC file. The resulting ISO is only playable on my system by the standalone version of TMT (latest 6.5 in my case). It might be playable by other mediaplayers or software players, I haven't tested.

5) Cross your fingers that audio and video will be in sync, and enjoy a 3D version of your movie with a Dolby Atmos track

Good luck everyone!
post #22 of 132 Old 03-23-2015, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks Manni! Will that work with DVDfab running or is it only ANYDVD HD?
post #23 of 132 Old 03-24-2015, 02:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks Manni! Will that work with DVDfab running or is it only ANYDVD HD?
It might work with DVDFab passkey, but not with DVDFab on its own as it's not active in the background.
You could use DVD Fab to create an unprotected ISO backup of both versions (provided it can create ISO backups of 3D Movies), and then work from that (loading the ISOs into Virtual Clone Drive) instead of the original discs.
post #24 of 132 Old 03-24-2015, 06:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Ok guys i was able to succesfully merge The Hobbit into one file without losing sync.

Software : AnyDVD- DVDFAB- TSMUXER-BDINFO and Virtual Clone Drive

Steps:

1-Rip the both disc with DVDFAB into ISO
2-Open the ISO image with Virtual Clone Drive
3-Scan with BDinfo to find the MPLS file of the main Movie.
4-Extract the BDMV and Certificate file in a New folder name (CD1)
Do the same for CD2
5-Start TSMUXER
6-Locate MPLS file under BDMV/Playlist (CD1)
7-Add that file to TSMUXER
8-Now click JOIN and locate MPLS in CD2
9-Start MUXING
10-Done.
javanpohl likes this.

Last edited by Movie78; 03-24-2015 at 11:39 AM.
post #25 of 132 Old 03-24-2015, 07:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ok guys i was able to succesfully merge The Hobbit into one file without losing sync.

Software : AnyDVD- DVDFAB- TSMUXER-BDINFO and Virtual Clone Drive

Steps:

1-Rip the both disc with DVDFAB into ISO
2-Open the ISO image with Virtual Clone Drive
3-Scan with BDinfo to find the MPLS file of the main Movie.
4-Extra the BDMV and Certificate file in a New folder name (CD1)
Do the same for CD2
5-Start TSMUXER
6-Locate MPLS file under BDMV/Playlist (CD1)
7-Add that file to TSMUXER
8-Now click JOIN and locate MPLS in CD2
9-Start MUXING
10-Done.
You do not need DVDFAB if you have ANYDVD running. Just use ANYDVD to rip to ISO. This is the method I use. However it doesn't work for Titanic 3D. I have been pulling my hair out on this one. Disc 2 is always out of sync. Please try and let me know your results.

post #26 of 132 Old 03-24-2015, 07:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You do not need DVDFAB if you have ANYDVD running. Just use ANYDVD to rip to ISO. This is the method I use. However it doesn't work for Titanic 3D. I have been pulling my hair out on this one. Disc 2 is always out of sync. Please try and let me know your results.
I don't have Titanic 3D, maybe is time for me purchase one...
post #27 of 132 Old 03-24-2015, 08:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Good thread. Looks like I can finally attempt combining my multi-part 3D ISO's. My only concern would be if the single large ISO introduces any stuttering (wired network playback) in 3D players.
RLBURNSIDE likes this.

Hi-deft Media Keen Videosaurus
post #28 of 132 Old 03-24-2015, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I don't have ANYDVD, I have DVDFAB, which is why I asked.
post #29 of 132 Old 03-24-2015, 09:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post
Good thread. Looks like I can finally attempt combining my multi-part 3D ISO's. My only concern would be if the single large ISO introduces any stuttering (wired network playback) in 3D players.
Bit rate doesn't change when you combine ISOs. If part 1 and part 2 play smooth then the combined ISOs will play smooth. The size of the ISO or the length of the movie doesn't effect playback. It is the bit rate at that moment.

post #30 of 132 Old 03-24-2015, 10:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Bit rate doesn't change when you combine ISOs. If part 1 and part 2 play smooth then the combined ISOs will play smooth. The size of the ISO or the length of the movie doesn't effect playback. It is the bit rate at that moment.
Agreed!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page