Comparing Apple Music, Tidal, and Spotify Premium Streaming-Music Services - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 76Likes

post #181 of 182 Old 12-05-2019, 09:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1640 Post(s)
Liked: 722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hampton View Post
Hey,

Just giving my solution ....

I use Apple Music family plan to give music to my wife and kids. I really don't use it much myself.

My music is sourced from CDs and Blu Rays and kept on a JRiver server and directly connected to my HT system.

I see streaming music like the radio and for me there's no point for it to be the ultimate quality because it's still streaming music not something I have for the quality. It's my on the go stuff.

-Brian

Agreed for the most part and +1. I use Google Play Music the same way you use Apple Music; a family plan, giving easy access to music to my entire family via their phones, tablets, google smart speakers, etc... no one else in my house *really* cares about sound quality the way I do other than me. They're all perfectly happy with a giant library of 320 kbps MP3's. And it's what I listen to myself when I'm "on-the-go"; in the car, using bluetooth headphones out-n-about, etc.

But, when done correctly (IE: Qobuz or Tidal via some sort of software/streaming configuration that is both lossless and bit-perfect), some streaming solutions available in 2019 sound essentially indistinguishable to my own 16/44.1 FLAC rips. TIFWIW.

Living Room: Sony x940E; Denon x4400h; Ascend Sierra RAAL Tower L/R's and 2EX center, Ascend HTM-200SE Rears, Rythmik F25 sub. NVidia Shield, ATV4k, OPPO UDP-203, CCA.
Basement: Samsung PN58B650 LN-T4065F (x2); Onkyo TX-NR809; Polk Monitor 70 Series II L/R's, SVS PB-1000 sub. NVidia Shield (x2), Windows Desktop, CCA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 182 Old 01-13-2020, 07:55 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Hey guys.I have been using apple music,and also a spotify free.This last weekend I upgraded my spotify account to try it and also compared Tidal hi res.I push my music from my desktop to either apple music or spotify with no problems just choose the device I want to listen on.With Tidal my networked Marantz arvs. don't show up and I really could not google how to do this from a desktop.I did get it to work using the HEOS app on my phone, but cant do it from the desktop. Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
apple music , frontpage , spotify , tidal

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page