*Official* Google Chromecast AUDIO owners thread - Page 23 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 123Likes

post #661 of 860 Old 02-06-2018, 02:30 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebolla View Post
I also don't pretend to know exactly how this all works, but I believe the opposite in that the cast groups must somehow share a single stream amongst themselves, regardless of the soutce, otherwise how would sync work?

The source server supplying the stream cannot be relied upon to know Google Cast 'speak' and provide CCA sync. So that has to come from the CCA's themselves. Therefore it's logical that a single CCA is nominated as 'sync master' of the CCA group and is the only one of the group that receives the (single) stream from the server.
In theory, things like IP multicast should allow the stream to go from the origin server to multiple devices.
However, with CCAs being behind NAT routers, this may not actually work.

I think there is indeed only one connection from the origin server to one master CCA. And then IP multicast is used from the one master CCA to other slave CCAs in a group to conserve LAN bandwidth.

Found the following interest doc google for Chromecast and multi-cast .
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/doc...ecastDG76.html .

It doesn't describe the protocol but does state that multicast must be enabled in Wifi routers. This is for Cisco routers. Most consumer routers I have seen don't have public multicast options in admin UI.

Anyway, my problems happen even trying to stream to a single CCA, not a group. But maybe the mere presence of multiple other CCA is causing the issues. I haven't tried powering off all CCA but 1 yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 860 Old 02-06-2018, 02:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbrain View Post
Anyway, my problems happen even trying to stream to a single CCA, not a group. But maybe the mere presence of multiple other CCA is causing the issues. I haven't tried powering off all CCA but 1 yet.
Tried it with a single CCA on the network (on straight ethernet, not powerline). Everything is still hosed with Tidal startup. JRiver gizmo seems to start OK. Can't test switching obviously.
post #663 of 860 Old 02-06-2018, 03:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 1171
Quote:
For all intents and purposes, the cast-enabled apps are very unreliable.
It is very curious why that is the case for you, while I and others can cast reliably to single or up to my total four without issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #664 of 860 Old 02-08-2018, 12:36 PM
JGM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell R. Breland View Post
Several months ago my Linksys E2000 wireless router went down so I replaced it with a TP-Link AC1750. Set password same as old router. Have 18 IP devices many wired, some wireless. Most of these devices would not connect to the new router even when I tried to connect a couple of them in manual mode (would not stay connected). Sent the TP-Link back and procured a Linksys WRT1900ACS. Set password same as first router, waited a few minutes and when I checked ALL my devices that had not been changed, was connected. Changed the couple of devices back to Auto and they connected to the 1900ACS with no problem.

So it appears not all wireless routers are created equal.

FWIW, the Linksys E2000 did not fail, it was the power supply, so it was moved to the other end of the house and setup as a switch and wireless access point.
TP-Link was definitely part of the discussion around the recent firmware update -- that was supposed to fix network slowdown issues due to packet flooding, not lost connections specifically. I'm not sure if TP-Link was necessarily more susceptible than other manufacturers, if their defaults were "worse", or if they were just the first to track it down and provide a fix.

You mentioned you've already sent yours back, but for the record here is the page for TP-Link fixes: http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-2050.html
post #665 of 860 Old 02-08-2018, 03:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanPackMan View Post
It is very curious why that is the case for you, while I and others can cast reliably to single or up to my total four without issues.
Has to be the different apps / different devices. Maybe I'm stressing things more too, trying to change tracks and CCA more frequently ?
Just last night, I was trying to listen to 50 different performances of the same piece on Tidal on one CCA. I'm a musician myself and I often to that when I practice pieces on the piano and harpsichord.
It was working OK until about the 20th one, then it just hung . Switched to device audio casting instead, and that kept me going. Wasn't switching to a different CCA this time around.
post #666 of 860 Old 03-27-2018, 10:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 1171
In case anyone missed it, this guy might be the record holder for number of CCAs in one home;

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/36-hom...n-project.html
Waterboy77 and dan4081 like this.
post #667 of 860 Old 03-28-2018, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
I am running with 14 CCA, all on Ethernet. 6 are wired directly to the main router via ethernet, 8 others are remote and on powerline AV1200.

I haven't had any problem with sync timing. I can play on all 14 at once and they are in sync. When I can play at all, that is

Problem is, something always breaks with the CCAs. I don't know if it's due to the automatic firmware updates, Tidal Android app update, google home update, or something else - but the end result is, I am having a less than 30% rate of success getting to play anything at all . When I use tidal, even with a single CCA, 70% of the time, when I switch from local device audio to a CCA, it just hangs right there waiting for the network. There is no way in tidal to select a CCA before starting to play, at least none that I have found.

When the playback hang happens, nothing I have found fixes it short of powering off all the Chromecasts in the house (that's a lot of walking, and not an option if I'm in my hot tub) and rebooting the android phone.

If the hang doesn't happen the first time, it does almost assuredly when switching from one CCA to another, say, when moving around between rooms in the house.

Again, don't know if it's a tidal bug or google bug, something else, but the end result is not pretty.

Casting device audio on my Note 8 (and note 4 before it) is usually more successful - I can then play the audio from any app - with a delay.

I bought a Galaxy tab A to cast device audio - turns out it doesn't work at all on that device. Something about casting not being optimized for this device. Samsung support told me on saturday that it was supported on the Tab S3 (which costs twice as much), so I returned my tab A to Costco and bought the Tab S3 on Sunday. Of course, same problem - Samsung just lied. Apparently, device audio casting doesn't work on any Samsung tablet. The S3 is going back to Costco tomorrow, and I guess I won't be buying any tablet at all as a replacement

Frankly, all these bugs - whether they are in the CCA firmware, wifi compatibility, playback app, add up to a thoroughly useless system. I'm really sorry I spent $650 on those CCAs + ethernet interfaces. I don't have much hope that they will ever work reliably. There are just too many pieces of firmware and software from different companies involved that just don't work together. One day they work, and the next they don't, when a firmware upgrade somewhere breaks something. Google points the finger at Wifi routers when things don't work. Netgear points the finger at Google when their wifi access point doesn't work. Samsung points fingers at google when an Android feature does not work on their device. All of it is simply ridiculous. I don't know how anyone can put up with all these issues. None of my CD players ever needed a firmware update to function in 30+ years. The current technologies are a very clear step backward in usability, not to mention ability to function at all. Now, maybe the CCA works fine if you buy a Google wifi router, and run everything off a Google Nexus. I'm not spending another $ to find out, though. There are just way too many single points of failure in the system. And I didn't even mention what happens to CCAs when Internet goes down (Comcast , need I say any more ?).

And since I'm on a rant, I'll also mention the lack of gapless playback with CCA, not just in Tidal but in Spotify, and apparently other apps that explicitly support CCA (the few that there are - most casting apps support Chromecast video only). Who is the brilliant product manager that decided to leave gapless playback out of the initial CCA firmware/SDK release ? Clearly not someone who ever listened to music more than 5 minutes in a row. Of course, now, google can claim to support it in their latest google cast SDK, but the software developers wrote for the initial release which did not support it. So now we also have app makers pointing finger at google, and vice versa.
I have 10 Chromecast Audios, all hardwired. I'm also using a TP-Link Google OnHub router with three Google Wifi mesh AP's. And to Google-ize it a little more, I play almost exclusively from Google Play Music. I assure you that spending the extra money to go all-in Google will not fix your situation. I'm having the same issues you're having, and probably a little lower success rate. The only rock solid connections to the Google Home app come from an Insignia Alarm Clock and a Sony Speaker, both with Chromecast Built-in. They are running much older firmware, if that tells you anything. The alarm clock and Sony speaker show up us a cast targets, as well as any groups that contains them as members (although nothing else in the group plays when cast to other than those two speakers).

I've found if I shut everything off - 10 CCA's, 2 Nvidia Shields, a 1st gen Chromecast Video, 4 Google Homes, said Alarm Clock and a Sony Chromecast built-in - restart the OnHub router, and then turn everything back on, I can cast flawlessly for a few hours. After that, I have to do it again. I'm to the point that I'm considering z wave switches for the router and all the cast devices. I'd then build an automation to turn them off and back on every X number of hours.

And even though all my stuff is Google, it's not any better with customer service hand-offs. I had a customer service chat with the Chromecast department. Instead of blaming the router manufacturer as others in this forum have referenced, they blamed the Google router department. I'm supposed to follow up with them, but honestly, I don't see the point.

I will say one thing, though: Up until mid-December, this whole setup worked very well and I was very happy. I had sold a whole bunch of Sonos equipment on eBay last spring and basically replaced the functionality for a 10th of what I got for all of it (Sonos holds its value surprisingly well). Now I'm enduring weekly cussings from my wife when she tries to do some simple stuff like play music downstairs, and has to wait for me to do the "great restart" (on the plus side, I get A LOT of steps).

My rant may not be as long or as detailed, but frustration is very high. Found myself browsing eBay for used Sonos equipment.
reddice likes this.
post #668 of 860 Old 03-28-2018, 06:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1492 View Post
I have 10 Chromecast Audios, all hardwired. I'm also using a TP-Link Google OnHub router with three Google Wifi mesh AP's. And to Google-ize it a little more, I play almost exclusively from Google Play Music. I assure you that spending the extra money to go all-in Google will not fix your situation. I'm having the same issues you're having, and probably a little lower success rate. The only rock solid connections to the Google Home app come from an Insignia Alarm Clock and a Sony Speaker, both with Chromecast Built-in. They are running much older firmware, if that tells you anything. The alarm clock and Sony speaker show up us a cast targets, as well as any groups that contains them as members (although nothing else in the group plays when cast to other than those two speakers).

I've found if I shut everything off - 10 CCA's, 2 Nvidia Shields, a 1st gen Chromecast Video, 4 Google Homes, said Alarm Clock and a Sony Chromecast built-in - restart the OnHub router, and then turn everything back on, I can cast flawlessly for a few hours. After that, I have to do it again. I'm to the point that I'm considering z wave switches for the router and all the cast devices. I'd then build an automation to turn them off and back on every X number of hours.

And even though all my stuff is Google, it's not any better with customer service hand-offs. I had a customer service chat with the Chromecast department. Instead of blaming the router manufacturer as others in this forum have referenced, they blamed the Google router department. I'm supposed to follow up with them, but honestly, I don't see the point.

I will say one thing, though: Up until mid-December, this whole setup worked very well and I was very happy. I had sold a whole bunch of Sonos equipment on eBay last spring and basically replaced the functionality for a 10th of what I got for all of it (Sonos holds its value surprisingly well). Now I'm enduring weekly cussings from my wife when she tries to do some simple stuff like play music downstairs, and has to wait for me to do the "great restart" (on the plus side, I get A LOT of steps).

My rant may not be as long or as detailed, but frustration is very high. Found myself browsing eBay for used Sonos equipment.
Sorry to hear about your problems. But can't say I'm surprised.
Yes, the fact that devices with old firmware and built in CCA work, and new ones don't, is totally unsurprising. Devices with forced firmware updates are the worst ! There should always be an option to roll back.
Unfortunately, the CCAs are simply bricks without an internet connection, and there is no way to use them for an isolated network and prevent the buggy firmware updates.

I'm glad I didn't bother trying to buy any google wifi hardware, though. The level of support for these CCA devices is astonishingly awful.
Stars really, really need to be aligned for things to work with your chosen app (native app, or device audio casting), chosen source device (phone or tablet) and selected wired or wireless router. It's a total crap shoot !

Because of these problems, I have not even tried to explain to my husband how to use the WHA system. It's just completely pointless.
Since your wife is already a victim, may I suggest using some remote controlled switch for networking hardware ?
I use Wemo to turn my amps on/off. They could also be used to turn the Chromecasts on/off. That's extra cost, but may be worth doing. Wemo can be scheduled so you could force daily poweroff/on if you wish, to force reboots. Maybe that would help things. Maybe not. One of my local Costco has 2-packs of Wemo switches for $50 .
post #669 of 860 Old 03-29-2018, 07:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1492 View Post
I have 10 Chromecast Audios, all hardwired.
By hardwired what do you mean? This implies you are using the USB power supply adapter with a RJ45 for Ethernet yet you talk about using wireless connections.
post #670 of 860 Old 03-29-2018, 02:30 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
The 10 CCA's and the CC Video are hardwired with the device you linked to. The Nvidia Shields are plugged into Ethernet. The Google Homes and Chromecast Built-in devices are on Google WiFi mesh network.

Last edited by ben1492; 03-29-2018 at 07:47 PM. Reason: corrected Whether to Ethernet
post #671 of 860 Old 05-09-2018, 10:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Chromecast Audio - Audio Level via S/PDIF Optical

Wanted to know if the audio level setting for the Chromecast Audio had attention and gain so I created 2 WAV files, one at 440 Hz and 1000 Hz, both at 0 dBFS, 16 bit and 44.1 KHz sample. Have the Chromecast Audio feeding a Yamaha CX-A5100 AVP via optical along with a Oppo UDP-203 and a Sony UDP-X800 UHD Blu-ray disc players via HDMI (PCM).

Played the files through the 203 and the X800 and measured the audio levels from the A5100 and they were the same. Next I played the files via the Chromecast Audio and it was low until I raised its level to 100% then its level matched the BD players.

For testing, the Chromecast Audio was set to Full Dynamic Range (not supposed to matter when using optical) and EQ was on 0 for both bands. So for unity using optical set the Chromecast Audio level to 100%.
Cebolla likes this.
post #672 of 860 Old 05-09-2018, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Thanks for testing.
post #673 of 860 Old 05-21-2018, 08:43 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am trying to decide on a Sonos or Chromecast.

I have several chromecasts, but not the audio.

can you set the default volume setting on the chromecast audio?

I will have an amplifier, which will power two external outdoor speakers. The amp will sit inside.

I want to turn the amp mostly up, so that I can just adjust the volume via my phone without having to go inside....but..

Does the chromecast audio have a default setting? Or, when I turn on music, it will default to just whatever setting, making the initial playing of music super loud (based on my amp volume setting)?
post #674 of 860 Old 05-21-2018, 09:28 AM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 16
If you use the analog connection you can adjust the volume from your phone. Digital connection will not have volume control available.
I believe the start volume will be the last volume set. I'll have to test to confirm.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
post #675 of 860 Old 05-21-2018, 04:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 75
In our "whole home" music system, we have 3 CC Audio devices plugged into a AVR, a shared speaker system w. desk computer and sound bar in a bdrm. Other speakers on the system are a Google Home in kitchen an a GH Mini on a balcony and one in spare bdrm.
1. Isn't a Sonos system VERY expensive?
2. I can control the volume of each speaker hooked by using remotes that go with each device. A couple have phone apps that wll work within BT range. Each GH device can be controlled by voice command. I never have tried to control the whole system at once. I'll try that. With Google, I could set up just a group of one speaker, another of 2 designated speakers, etc. I think I could then give verbal commands via Google assistant on phone to control volume to the group that is playing -assuming I set up the music to play via the phone - like Pandora.
4. The only way I got my system to work perfectly was by getting a Wifi Mesh system. I bought Google's.
post #676 of 860 Old 05-22-2018, 12:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmjb View Post
Digital connection will not have volume control available.
Not true, see my post just a couple of post up.
rmjb likes this.
post #677 of 860 Old 05-22-2018, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Not true, see my post just a couple of post up.
Thanks for the correction.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
post #678 of 860 Old 05-26-2018, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked: 116
posted this in another thread, but i think it belongs here:

trying to figure out how to set up the cca as the default output for all of my music apps, i.e. as the default media audio output for my android tablet, hopefully this is possible... as it stands, i have to select how i want to output audio whenever i launch an app, which is tedious, i would like every app that i launch to automatically cast to the cca... i was hoping, at least, that apps would remember the last device i connected to after closing and reopening, but that doesn't seem to be the case...

i found these instructions but they don't work for me, my android doesn't offer option 6, i.e. select "default media playback".

Make sure you’re connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Home and Chromecast devices
  1. Open the Home application
  2. Tap on the Devices icon in the top right corner which resembles a TV and speaker
  3. Locate your desired Google Home and tap on the three-dot menu icon
  4. Select Settings
  5. Under the Device Info subheading, select Default media playback
  6. You should now see all of your Chromecast devices listed under the Listen on and Watch on sections. Tap on whichever device you wish to set as the preferred media playback device when you request to listen to music or watch video content.
https://9to5google.com/2017/10/05/ho...ndroid-basics/
post #679 of 860 Old 05-26-2018, 08:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
posted this in another thread, but i think it belongs here:
I believe they are refering to the Google Home device (hardware) and not the Google Home app in those instructions. IIRC from other post here, the Google hardware can use the CCA.
post #680 of 860 Old 05-26-2018, 10:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
I believe they are refering to the Google Home device (hardware) and not the Google Home app in those instructions. IIRC from other post here, the Google hardware can use the CCA.
i think you're absolutely right, thanks for pointing that out.... fwiw i've been comparing connections some more tonight, and i was wrong in my previous post when i mentioned cca (optical), ccu (hdmi) and direct app (spotify for example) to the 5100 all sound the same, the direct app is the clear winner imo, a lot more going on with the sound, it's just fuller - plus the direct app will turn on the 5100 by just selecting play (neither cc devices seem to do that), and the 5100 will have no prob going into standby, standby just flat out always works, when stopping a direct app... wish there was a universal direct app that just played whatever you threw at it, instead specific ones for spotify, tidal, deezer, etc...

Last edited by aeneas01; 05-26-2018 at 10:32 PM.
post #681 of 860 Old 06-08-2018, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Hey there. Recently I was thrilled to discover that VLC (at least the Mac version) can stream video and audio files to CC and CCA through the wifi LAN. I have a huge collection of 24 bit FLAC files (most of them 96 khz). They stream flawlessly to the CCA and they sound darn good. But I wonder if they are really sounding at their whole 24bit & 96khz, or if there's some downsampling involved (either by VLC or the CCA). I have no way to find out in my system. So, wise and dear community: does anyone know the answer?

Update: I was mistaken. The only 24bit files that seem to stream ok are the 44khz ones. Anything above that sample rate will sound distorted and muddy -I'm not so sure about 48khz, but 88 and 96khz sound horrible.
So new question: is there any way to stream 24/96 FLAC files from the computer? Maybe some special app or some tweaking in the router settings can do the trick? Suggestions will be warmly welcomed.

Last edited by fedocable; 06-09-2018 at 07:14 AM.
post #682 of 860 Old 06-09-2018, 10:45 AM

After doing some research I installed ffmepg, soundflower and Mkchromecast and got to stream 24/96 files well from my Mac without any distortion. So I'm back to the previous question: is there a way to know whether they are actually playing at the correct bit & sample rate? Has anyone tried this?
post #683 of 860 Old 06-09-2018, 09:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedocable View Post
Has anyone tried this?
No. The specs say it will do 24 bit @ 96 KHz.
post #684 of 860 Old 06-10-2018, 07:33 AM

Quote:
So I'm back to the previous question: is there a way to know whether they are actually playing at the correct bit & sample rate? Has anyone tried this?
Some very conclusive tests that the Chromecast Audio does play bit perfectly up to 24/96kHz, was published a while ago in a conputeraudiophile.com article:
Computer Audiophile - Basic Bit Perfect Testing Of The $35 Chromecast Audio

Quote:
So new question: is there any way to stream 24/96 FLAC files from the computer? Maybe some special app or some tweaking in the router settings can do the trick? Suggestions will be warmly welcomed.
Quote:
After doing some research I installed ffmepg, soundflower and Mkchromecast and got to stream 24/96 files well from my Mac without any distortion.
I'd recommend installing the following 3 applications which would actually get the Chromecast Audio to stream the FLAC files themselves, rather than the MacOS's captured audio:
MinimServer UPnP media server - to supply the FLAC files as discrete http FLAC file streams;
BubbleUPnP Server streaming help functions suite - to provide the capabaility of streaming media files to Chromecast devices when using an OpenHome controller (BubbleUPnP Server - Turning Google Cast devices into a audio DLNA or OpenHome renderer);
Linn Kazoo (OpenHome) controller - to build the playlist and get the chromecast audio to stream & play them (as an OpenHome renderer) over the network from MinimServer's library.
fedocable likes this.
post #685 of 860 Old 06-10-2018, 09:39 AM

Many many thanks for your thorough advice, Cebolla. I just installed them and the music definitely sounds better. I've tried many albums with different bit & sample rates, and most of them played flawlessly -just a couple failed to be "added to DS" in Linn, I need to find out why.
I have another CCA system in my office, where I use this same laptop. I guess it's possible to configure BubbleUpnP to include it, right?

Update: The Linn Kazoo is just AMAZING! Completely customizable, incredibly fast AND fancy. And a sister app for the phone! I work a lot at home, so this is life changing man!

Last edited by fedocable; 06-10-2018 at 01:11 PM.
post #686 of 860 Old 06-12-2018, 04:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1594 Post(s)
Liked: 664
Any CCA owners on here using Plex like I am happen to know the upper limit of what high Rez files are supported? Is PMS limiting or is the CCA? I have one 24-bit/44.1 kHz album and can confirm that"direct plays"... Am thinking about buying a 24/96 just to try it but wanted to confirm first that it'd Direct Play to CCA without transcode.
post #687 of 860 Old 06-13-2018, 01:38 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by psuKinger View Post
Any CCA owners on here using Plex like I am happen to know the upper limit of what high Rez files are supported? Is PMS limiting or is the CCA? I have one 24-bit/44.1 kHz album and can confirm that"direct plays"... Am thinking about buying a 24/96 just to try it but wanted to confirm first that it'd Direct Play to CCA without transcode.
You can cast 24/96 to CCA without any problems. 24/192 will be transcoded, but I have not tested if it wil be transcoded to 24/94 or 16/44.1.

UE55F9005 - SEK-3500U/ZG
OPPO UDP-205EU
ROTEL RB980 + RB985 poweramps
3 Miller & Kreisel MP150 + 2 S150T speakers + 2 V12 subs
post #688 of 860 Old 06-14-2018, 04:53 PM

Are there any rumors about a possible second generation? No complains whatsoever, and if it ain't broke don't fix it, but I could really do with a 24-192 capable CCA!

Last edited by fedocable; 06-14-2018 at 05:54 PM.
post #689 of 860 Old 06-15-2018, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebolla View Post
I'd recommend installing the following 3 applications which would actually get the Chromecast Audio to stream the FLAC files themselves, rather than the MacOS's captured audio:
MinimServer UPnP media server - to supply the FLAC files as discrete http FLAC file streams;
BubbleUPnP Server streaming help functions suite - to provide the capabaility of streaming media files to Chromecast devices when using an OpenHome controller (BubbleUPnP Server - Turning Google Cast devices into a audio DLNA or OpenHome renderer);
Linn Kazoo (OpenHome) controller - to build the playlist and get the chromecast audio to stream & play them (as an OpenHome renderer) over the network from MinimServer's library.
Would you recommend using these apps over, say, Plex? If so, why?

Last edited by fedocable; 06-15-2018 at 08:30 AM.
post #690 of 860 Old 06-16-2018, 11:52 AM

MinimServer & the BubbleUPnP Server have an excellent reputation for providing transparent audio file network streaming solutions and are very well supported by their developers. It's very hard to tell what's going on inside vague software like Plex.
fedocable likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page