Dune HD Solo Lite - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #31 of 46 Old 08-17-2017, 11:45 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 535 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Ok, so since I don't need the hard disk bay and I am wired to my network, there is ZERO compelling reason to go with the solo over this one..Since I know the tv part is worthless here in the usa..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 46 Old 09-20-2017, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question about DVD Audio support.

I just got a Dune HD Solo Lite today. I bought it to replace an old Western Digital TV Live. One of the reasons for choosing the Dune is that I have some DVD Audio collection (mostly Porcupine Tree & Steven Wilson) and my hardware player (Oppo DV-980H) has recently died so I've thought of ripping the DVDs and playing it through the Dune.

I tried but it's not working. It just plays the DVD Video section (DTS lossy or PCM stereo) but not the MLP lossless stereo or multichannel.

Anyone has succed with this. It's a matter of settings?
post #33 of 46 Old 04-07-2019, 08:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hey folks, can anyone advise me whether the Dune HD TV-206L HD Solo Lite Mediaplayer has a slow motion function when playing back video files? I am currently considering buying one, but only really want a new Media Player if it can do nice slow-mo like a Sony Blu-Ray player I used to own.

If it won't do that, can anyone recommend another media player like this one that will do slow-mo?

Many thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 46 Old 04-08-2019, 01:18 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Talion View Post
Hey folks, can anyone advise me whether the Dune HD TV-206L HD Solo Lite Mediaplayer has a slow motion function when playing back video files? I am currently considering buying one, but only really want a new Media Player if it can do nice slow-mo like a Sony Blu-Ray player I used to own.

If it won't do that, can anyone recommend another media player like this one that will do slow-mo?

Many thanks in advance.
Hi Michal Talion,
YES! the Dune HD Solo LIte , which i own, has a slow-mo feature on playback. I tried it on a MKV video. It does not have a dedicated remote button for slowmo but if you first use the pause button and then press the fastforward button on the remote one or many times, you can have slomotion on different speeds, it starts with 1/2 (half) speed, then at another press of fastforward 1/4th , 1/8th , 1/16th and finallly 1/32 slowmo speed.

I haven't tried it on a bluray rip yet, but i am sure it works on all video sources.

Hope this helps you decide.

Regards, D69.

Doctor WHO Rocks! Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey stuff.... ans Star Trek Discovery is A-mazing! ***my Devices***DuneHD Solo-Lite (mediapl) // Xtreamer MK1 (mediapl) // TV: Samsung UE40F6320 (3D LED Smart TV) // BDP: LG BP-430 (3d) // AVR: PIONEER VSX-LX303 (Atmos + DTS-X 9.2 ch receiver) // Gigabit LAN Wired. // Windows10 PC + Synology DS215j NAS for shares.
post #35 of 46 Old 04-08-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:

Many thanks in advance.
hi, i replied to your question. see post under yours by me, Dalek69
answer is : yes, dune hd solo lite has slo-mo function. multiple slow-mo speeds.

regards D69

Doctor WHO Rocks! Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey stuff.... ans Star Trek Discovery is A-mazing! ***my Devices***DuneHD Solo-Lite (mediapl) // Xtreamer MK1 (mediapl) // TV: Samsung UE40F6320 (3D LED Smart TV) // BDP: LG BP-430 (3d) // AVR: PIONEER VSX-LX303 (Atmos + DTS-X 9.2 ch receiver) // Gigabit LAN Wired. // Windows10 PC + Synology DS215j NAS for shares.
post #36 of 46 Old 04-09-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalek69 View Post
answer is : yes, dune hd solo lite has slo-mo function. multiple slow-mo speeds.

regards D69
Hey Dalek,
That is great news, thanks so much for your reply! I think I will get one now! Thanks so much!
post #37 of 46 Old 04-09-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:

regards D69
Hey Dalek,
That is great news, thanks so much for your reply! I think I will get one now! Thanks so much!
post #38 of 46 Old 04-10-2019, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Hey Dalek,
@Michal Talion - Hi, You're welcome!
did you see my post further up, under your own question post, which explains how to set slow-mo on the DuneHD Solo Lite? (Pause button on RC and then the fast forward button one or more times is slow-mo function.

regards, D69

post #39 of 46 Old 04-10-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
@Michal Talion - Hi, You're welcome!
did you see my post further up, under your own question post, which explains how to set slow-mo on the DuneHD Solo Lite? (Pause button on RC and then the fast forward button one or more times is slow-mo function.

regards, D69
@dalek69
I bought the player, and I'm pretty pleased with it, really nice slo-mo. Thanks so much for your directions, they were really helpful. It's funny that the user guide is quite basic and doesn't seem to mention the slo-mo feature at all, let alone how to use it.

Speaking of which, if you could give me a little info on how to use the web browser, I'd be really grateful for that too. I am planning to use the player to watch youtube sometimes, and I guess I will have to do that on the browser, as there isn't a Youtube app installed, and it doesn't seem like there is one I can install.

Re. the browser, should one get a wireless computer mouse and keyboard (using a USB dongle thing) to use it kinda like a regular PC browser? I can't at the moment figure out how to enter a new url or actually use it to browse the internet, it loads up the Dune homepage by default, which loads up and runs fine.

Sorry if my question is noobish, I lack the knowledge I guess! And sorry for the double post above, I'm staying in a place right now that has occasional internet connection problems!
post #40 of 46 Old 04-10-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
@dalek69
I bought the player, and I'm pretty pleased with it, really nice slo-mo. Thanks so much for your directions, they were really helpful. It's funny that the user guide is quite basic and doesn't seem to mention the slo-mo feature at all, let alone how to use it.

Speaking of which, if you could give me a little info on how to use the web browser, I'd be really grateful for that too. I am planning to use the player to watch youtube sometimes, and I guess I will have to do that on the browser, as there isn't a Youtube app installed, and it doesn't seem like there is one I can install.

Re. the browser, should one get a wireless computer mouse and keyboard (using a USB dongle thing) to use it kinda like a regular PC browser? I can't at the moment figure out how to enter a new url or actually use it to browse the internet, it loads up the Dune homepage by default, which loads up and runs fine.

Sorry if my question is noobish, I lack the knowledge I guess! And sorry for the double post above, I'm staying in a place right now that has occasional internet connection problems!
Hi Michal Talion,
Good to hear that i helped you choose and that the player suits you. I think it is a great media player. But it has some quirks and the user manual is at times unhelpful and does not explain a lot of button functions on the remote. I had to find out myself.

1. The internet browser is a Pain in the Backside! I almost never use it. The STOP button on the RC stops (exits) the browser, but navigating/browsing is a nightmare. ; The video fast forward and fast reverse buttons switch between earlier entered urls.

2. Youtube - YES there IS a youtube app downloadable on this DuneHD. You first in the main apps icons bar have to go to applications, then choose 'Video' and look for Youtube. Install it and from then it will reside in teh Applications icon/menu. The app is a modified youtube app. But it works.
And yes, getting a usb keyboard and mouse on the Dune helps, i guess....

3. The + P - vertical button on remote also quickly scrolls thru list , for instance, if you have a lot of networked shared folders in main list, you can quickly scroll down thru it. or if you have a lot of shared movies, tvseries titles etc in a shared networked folder, also quickly scroll wirth P + or - buttons.

Some other buttons have more functions too. just press all buttons consecutively in different functions to find out. the coloured buttons (4) have some extra functions too. Some are listed onscreen. If you see a red A on bottom of the screen listed, with a function, thats the red button on the remote etc. But sometimes the coulored buttons do unlisted actions.

Took me a while to figure out all RC button functions. Trial and error!

Google is also your friend here as some forums answer some questions on the DuneHD Solo Lite.

Hope this helps you onward.
If i can be of any more assistance, please send me a forum message or post. I have email notification on the dune solo forum thread.
I ll be glad to help out further.

regards, Dalek69.

post #41 of 46 Old 04-11-2019, 12:01 AM

Hi dalek69
My post count is too low to send you a private message it seems. Thanks for all your help.

About the youtube app:
I am still having problems.
After the player has booted I have tried scrolling along to the Application Icon, after clicking it I see: Web Browser, Mobile Media, Yandex Disk, Add...
(I do not see "Video". If I select Add the next screen says: "No more applications to add".

If after the player has booted up I scroll to the Video icon, then select it I just see:
Add...
(If I select it the next screen again says "No more applications to add".

I'd really like to install the Youtube app you mentioned if possible, do you think it's possible?
post #42 of 46 Old 04-11-2019, 12:05 AM

Oh excuse me, I think I have found it and installed it now, it was under Dune Store! *red face"
post #43 of 46 Old 04-11-2019, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Oh excuse me, I think I have found it and installed it now, it was under Dune Store! *red face"
@ Michal talion - Hi, okay you found it yourself, good!, i see i forgot to write it was indeed under DuneStore, and THEN select Video. red face too.....
Enjoy the YouTube App on the Dune!!

PS
if you set the auto update function for apps to ON in the all settings menu (applications icon somewhere in the settings menu), the apps will auto-update on start, after asking if you do want to update it. That keeps you on the latest versions.
Same for (auto) Firmware updates (set to ON) , and I myself set the 'firmware updates Suppress Betas' setting to NO, e.g. the beta firmwares are also presented automatically. The last firmware released to date is a Beta FW. Its allright, no problems here. You are ALWAYS first asked if you want to install the firmware update, when on auto.

Good luck.
Enjoy the Device. Its really great.

Regards, dalek69

post #44 of 46 Old 04-11-2019, 11:09 AM

I really appreciate the help and support!

Shame that the Youtube app is a modified version, (I recently owned a Sony PS4 with a really nice version of a Youtube app, I sold it because I had gotten out of the habit of playing games and I have to move abroad soon). Maybe I will have to get used to that fiddly web browser after all, lol.

One final question. Is it possible to download firmware updates manually onto a USB stick for example, and then manually update them on the player? I have tried multiple times to update the firmware, but it never makes it beyond about 7%, (could be a connection problem, like I said the internet connection where I am right now is really not that great.)

Love the device though, the slo-mo alone makes it a worthwhile purchase for me!
post #45 of 46 Old 04-11-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
I really appreciate the help and support!
One final question. Is it possible to download firmware updates manually onto a USB stick for example, and then manually update them on the player? I have tried multiple times to update the firmware, but it never makes it beyond about 7%, (could be a connection problem, like I said the internet connection where I am right now is really not that great.)

Love the device though, the slo-mo alone makes it a worthwhile purchase for me!
hi michal telion,
Yes you can download the firmware from the Dune-hd.com website and put them on a usb drive and fw-update from there.

as for the youtube, yeah its modified app. I almost never use it, as i can stream youtube vids from smart or tablet directly to my smart tv , which is better than the dune app!

dune hd is in this model not the best device for apps.

regards, dalek69

Ps i just finished watching the matrix (1999) with now atmos audio off the dune , wonderful!

post #46 of 46 Old 04-12-2019, 01:37 AM

OK many thanks! All the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page