Official ROKU 4K (HDR) Premiere +/Ultra Owners Thread - Page 200 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 9766Likes

post #5971 of 11637 Old 08-10-2017, 10:38 AM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8967 Post(s)
Liked: 5747
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddysnake View Post
I do not have facebook, but I contacted their support through chat and they basically came to say that it was my TV not their device being the issue. Funny that it worked fine for a month and then all of a sudden everyone has this issue. I will try again and ask for them to give me the keystroke sequence and get this going.
But everyone isn't having this issue. My Roku Ultra was fine using the HDMI ARC connected directly to the TV in my old setup with a Sony speaker bar.

And in my new setup connected directly to an Onkyo receiver it is also fine.

I ran 12 bit 2160P60 in both setups.

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk
naustin likes this.

49TB unRAID1a--53TB unRAID2--73TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5972 of 11637 Old 08-10-2017, 10:42 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
But everyone isn't having this issue. My Roku Ultra was fine using the HDMI ARC connected directly to the TV in my old setup with a Sony speaker bar.

And in my new setup connected directly to an Onkyo receiver it is also fine.

I ran 12 bit 2160P60 in both setups.

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk
You are right. That was a gross over exaggeration on my part. Glad everything is working for you! Hopefully this switching to 420 will give me better luck!
post #5973 of 11637 Old 08-10-2017, 10:45 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvwatcher12345 View Post
The more cases are opened and core dumps they get, though, maybe the more likely they'll be able to fix it faster?
I doubt it. Some issues are universal enough they are well aware. Others are unique to one's installation and aren't going to be addressed regardless. Bottom line Roku is a cheap device marketed to mainstream users and those trying to take advantage of "bleeding edge" features do so at their own risk. As it's surely not Roku's main concern as time spent trying to correct "home theater" issues would only take away from more productive development.

I think the odds are better they would simply remove features going forward than try to resolve the endless combinations of streaming services, firmware and hardware integration. A good example is their media player. It's so simplistic because they don't want to open a can of worms. I also wonder to what degree they can resolve any issue. How often does it revolve around the streaming provider's app and how much control do they have over it...
naustin likes this.

125" Projection | 5.2.4 Audio | Shield TV | LibreELEC/ODROID-C2 Kodi Media Client | Ubuntu/ODROID-XU4 NAS/Server | 65" LG OLED TV | TiVo | Shield TV |
| Water cooled Threadripper & Radeon VII, NVMe PC - 43" 4K Monitor |

Last edited by Charles R; 08-10-2017 at 10:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5974 of 11637 Old 08-10-2017, 10:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1054 Post(s)
Liked: 266
I'm still having the random crash and reboot when auto playing episodes on the Boomerang channel, so it looks like my next step is to contact their support. I'm not sure what's going on there as sometimes autoplay will work and the next episode will start and go on then there will be times where one ends the screen goes black then a reboot. I'm also using the service / app on the Apple TV which doesn't seem to have the issue. When I seem to notice the issue, the most with ROKU is when I go back to a show I've started previously, and when it gets to the end of the episode, the content stops quicker then normal and then the crash.

I'm posting here in case someone else want to test this. They give you a free 7 day trial, so someone could test and then cancel if they don't want to keep the service.
post #5975 of 11637 Old 08-10-2017, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Add me to the list of people who have had issues with a Roku Ultra running through a Denon (X3300, for reference.) I have to reboot the Roku every time I want to watch 4K content. Each time the Roku goes to sleep, it loses its HDCP 2.2 connection and the only way to get it back is to restart the device. This doesn't happen with any of my other sources.

I reached out to Roku a while back, and they told me the player was defective. I don't necessarily believe that to be the case, but just to rule it out, I allowed them to create an RMA. We'll see what happens when I get the new unit back from them, though I don't suspect I'll see any changes.
tvwatcher12345 likes this.
post #5976 of 11637 Old 08-10-2017, 01:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked: 448
I have been using my Roku premium plus for a few weeks now. I have it connected directly into the TV using BJC Premium certified HDMI cable. Just now I went into the secret menu and changed it from 4:2:2 to 4:2:0 and the screen went black and then came back showing it was in 4:2:0. While I was still in the menu I decided to change it back to 4:2:2 and the screen went black again but this time an animated type screensaver appeared saying "invalid format". I could not get out of the screen saver so I had to blindly use the button presses to get back into the menu, still unable to see anything, and change it back to 4:2:0. Luckily it went black again and came back up showing it was sent to 4:2:0. On, since it had been running in 4:2:2 mode all this time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sony XBR-55A9F OLED
Samsung SMT-H3272 HDC DVR Cable Box / Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BD Player
Roku Premium+ 4k / AppleTV 4K 4th Gen
Denon AVR-X4500H AV Receiver / Klipsch 5.1.2 Speakers
post #5977 of 11637 Old 08-10-2017, 04:07 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Please let us know how that goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLeClair12 View Post
Add me to the list of people who have had issues with a Roku Ultra running through a Denon (X3300, for reference.) I have to reboot the Roku every time I want to watch 4K content. Each time the Roku goes to sleep, it loses its HDCP 2.2 connection and the only way to get it back is to restart the device. This doesn't happen with any of my other sources.

I reached out to Roku a while back, and they told me the player was defective. I don't necessarily believe that to be the case, but just to rule it out, I allowed them to create an RMA. We'll see what happens when I get the new unit back from them, though I don't suspect I'll see any changes.
post #5978 of 11637 Old 08-10-2017, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Please let us know how that goes!
I got the same issue with my Denon X6300H AVR
post #5979 of 11637 Old 08-11-2017, 02:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 34
So far I have been confirmed on the following channels:

Hasbro Studios: for GIJOE & Transformers
CW and CW Seed: are good for some CW shows I didn't feel like trying first run.
Tubi TV & Crackle: These were the first I installed when I hooked up my ROKU. lol

What are your thoughts on this site? https://cordcutting.com/roku-channels/
How reliable is it? Is the information correct on the channel costs? IE: Free channels, Free to Try, Subscription Channels

Are there any other sites similar to this with reliable channel listings?

A couple other free channels I added are the "Popeye Channel" and the Charlie Chaplin Channel".
Both are free with adds. Their quality isn't bad for free. Having adds suck, but the volume stays consistent throughout viewing the shows & adds.

Does anybody know of free channel or channels for new(er) movies? I'm talking about something similar to the old HBO format. EX: The movie would be released into theaters in January. Then by lets say April/May it would air on HBO.

What are some good Private ROKU channels?
post #5980 of 11637 Old 08-11-2017, 06:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
thanks for the tip. i think i've seen this one previously elsewhere. what content will be affected (presumably degraded?) as a result of this configuration change? is anything HDR that's being streamed going to be rendered in less color? (various netflix, amazon and youtube content)
I was all good last night. HDCP issues have not popped up since I changed this. fingers will continue to be crossed.
post #5981 of 11637 Old 08-11-2017, 07:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by IN2tvClassics View Post
A couple other free channels I added are the "Popeye Channel" and the Charlie Chaplin Channel".
Both are free with adds. Their quality isn't bad for free. Having adds suck, but the volume stays consistent throughout viewing the shows & adds.

What are some good Private ROKU channels?
What do you mean "Private"?

PS: Ads. Short for advertisements.

My opinions do not reflect the policies of my company
post #5982 of 11637 Old 08-11-2017, 10:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1664 Post(s)
Liked: 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTHX View Post
What do you mean "Private"? ...
https://www.rokuguide.com/private-channels
aaronwt likes this.
post #5983 of 11637 Old 08-11-2017, 01:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Am I correct in saying that Dolby Digital Plus doesn't transfer over optical, or ARC? I got a Dolby Plus signal when the ROKU was directly connected by HDMI to the sound bar, now that the ROKU stick is connected to the TV, and the sound bar is connected to the TV by optical, audio from Netflix is standard AC3 5.1. What's interesting is, the Sony UBP is directly connected to the sound bar by HDMI, and still only get standard AC3 5.1 for Netflix.

So, with the ROKU streaming stick, i'm expecting limited surround formats since it's being passed via optical which will give me standard Dolby and DTS passthrough.

So, ether "Transformers, Robots in Disguise" isn't in Dolby Plus, or the Netflix app on the Sony converts DD Plus to standard DD as it should pass it via a direct HDMI connection, and I already know the sound bar can receive, and process a Dolby Plus signal. Just find it strange since I can get LPCM 5.1 from the Sony when playing a disc.
post #5984 of 11637 Old 08-11-2017, 02:15 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8967 Post(s)
Liked: 5747
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacinMan View Post
Am I correct in saying that Dolby Digital Plus doesn't transfer over optical, or ARC? I got a Dolby Plus signal when the ROKU was directly connected by HDMI to the sound bar, now that the ROKU stick is connected to the TV, and the sound bar is connected to the TV by optical, audio from Netflix is standard AC3 5.1. What's interesting is, the Sony UBP is directly connected to the sound bar by HDMI, and still only get standard AC3 5.1 for Netflix.

So, with the ROKU streaming stick, i'm expecting limited surround formats since it's being passed via optical which will give me standard Dolby and DTS passthrough.

So, ether "Transformers, Robots in Disguise" isn't in Dolby Plus, or the Netflix app on the Sony converts DD Plus to standard DD as it should pass it via a direct HDMI connection, and I already know the sound bar can receive, and process a Dolby Plus signal. Just find it strange since I can get LPCM 5.1 from the Sony when playing a disc.
If you have the Sony UHD BD player, with the Netflix app, it internally converts the DD+ to DD for some reason. It does not do this with other apps. If the ROku is connected directly to the TV, if it's a Sony, then the TV is probably internally converting to DD. At least I know mine will over HDMI. So I guess it also would over optical.

49TB unRAID1a--53TB unRAID2--73TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #5985 of 11637 Old 08-11-2017, 02:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
If you have the Sony UHD BD player, with the Netflix app, it internally converts the DD+ to DD for some reason. It does not do this with other apps. If the ROku is connected directly to the TV, if it's a Sony, then the TV is probably internally converting to DD. At least I know mine will over HDMI. So I guess it also would over optical.
Thanks, was just able to confirm this by some further digging. It doesn't seem to be a big deal with the stuff I'm streaming since I haven't noticed a difference in quality.

I'll test amazon and VUDU with the Sony UBP to see if I get the Dolby Plus signal from those.

Thanks

UPDATE: I was able to confirm that the sony gave me Dolby Plus [email protected] from VUDU, and amazon video. Netflix was indeed converted for whatever reason to standard Dolby, and devices connected to the TV then had the audio output via optical were also internally converted to standard DD. It's probably not a Sony problem, but the version of the Netflix app available. It doesn't make sense to convert one service and not the others.

Last edited by MacinMan; 08-11-2017 at 02:44 PM.
post #5986 of 11637 Old 08-11-2017, 05:17 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Feel like this might be a dumb question, but If I already have the HDX version of a movie on vudu, is it even worth getting the 4K version to stream from the Roku since it doesn't support Dolby Vision? Any comparison videos/pics out there of HDX vs 4K without any type of HDR?

Gamertag: Fargus
Playstation ID: Fargus79
post #5987 of 11637 Old 08-11-2017, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargus777 View Post
Feel like this might be a dumb question, but If I already have the HDX version of a movie on vudu, is it even worth getting the 4K version to stream from the Roku since it doesn't support Dolby Vision? Any comparison videos/pics out there of HDX vs 4K without any type of HDR?
With very few exceptions, I would say it's not worth it

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Fargus777 and gwsat like this.
post #5988 of 11637 Old 08-11-2017, 08:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1664 Post(s)
Liked: 1038
Quote:
Am I correct in saying that Dolby Digital Plus doesn't transfer over optical, or ARC?
Depends on your equpment DD+ can theoretically pass over ARC and Optical.
post #5989 of 11637 Old 08-12-2017, 08:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1267 Post(s)
Liked: 1369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargus777 View Post
VUDU has promised to support HDR10 since September 2016 but so far no word of this actually occurring.

Quote:
Dolby Vision is the highest quality HDR solution, as well as the first to market. Vudu has not committed to any exclusivity related to Dolby Vision, but, in our quest to deliver the best customer experience and to be a leader in new technology delivery, we launched with the solution that was available before there was an HDR10 standard. We expect to support HDR10 as well, so that we can deliver the best experience, to as many customers as possible,“ Vudu said in a statement to Forbes.
Fargus777 likes this.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
post #5990 of 11637 Old 08-12-2017, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLeClair12 View Post

Fyi, I have a Denon X3300 and Roku Ultra, too. I have only experienced a HD problem error once, and rebooting the Ultra resolved the issue. It hasn't reoccured.
post #5991 of 11637 Old 08-13-2017, 02:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I was having issues with my older Sony BDP-S670 constantly dropping audio on netflix yesterday, so decided to disconnect it and put the Premiere+ back on the 1080p setup, and that worked correctly during the time I used it. Which brings me to the purpose of this post. It seems like the AV delay I experience with the Premiere+ seems to only happen more with stereo sources, or more of the free services such as TWIT, Pandora (music), Plex (both video, and music). I haven't tried extensively with YouTube, but it seems like if I have issues with particular content in one service, the same problem shows up with the content regardless of the service.

After taking some time with a cool head to really spend some time with the ROKU Premiere+ and seeing what works reliably, and what has issues, it seems like all the standard services such as Netflix, amazon, VUDU work with very little to no trouble. Things like the Boomerang service, that's not standard with every unit, but someone can add and pay for, also seems to work. Smithsonian Earth is also a low cost service I pay for, that I don't remember having issues with. So, with further testing, it seems like the AV delay / over driven audio only really affect me on music, or podcast / YouTube style video / audio.

The last thing I wanted to mention, is I took my complete setup (since it's stereo on that setup) to all devices set to PCM stereo output and doesn't fix the random issues. When I had the ultra, this would usually fix it. With the Premiere+ when I first got it, it was still on 7.5.5, I think or it could have been 5.1 and it never had the random issues. The issues showed up on the Premiere+ within the last few updates. With this said, changing to a different device for the standard service isn't an issue, even accessing certain stuff through YouTube instead of the ROKU channel isn't an issue, changing from the Plex client to DLNA isn't an issue. Boomerang, and Smithsonian earth work with chrome cast, or Apple TV. I still have my streaming stick that works without issues for the time being. In the end, it would be nice not to have this big platform gap, and whatever device someone chooses would have all the same content available, it would make situations like these much easier to deal with quicker.
post #5992 of 11637 Old 08-13-2017, 05:33 AM
Advanced Member

How do I get my Roku to start right away? When I have my tv on, I'll switch input on my tv remote to HDMI. The Roku screen of the city skyline appears. It scrolls across the screen.
Sometimes it loads up fast, but often not at all. Well maybe it was really slow, and I decided not to wait. On those occasions I unplugged the power-cord from the Roku. It started up really
fast after that.

How long does it normally take Roku Premiere+ to start up? Is there anything I can do to keep load times fast?

Is there any faster was to organize Roku channels besides *[select channel] < ^ OK v > each one at a time? I've gotten the My Channels installed, but I haven't gotten it adjusted how I like yet.

I'm slowly getting the hang of Roku. But the family needs it more streamlined, or I will have to change each channel for them. lol

Does anyone know if any other OTA channels are available on Roku like "Comet TV" is?
post #5993 of 11637 Old 08-13-2017, 05:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
How do I get my Roku to start right away? When I have my tv on, I'll switch input on my tv remote to HDMI. The Roku screen of the city skyline appears. It scrolls across the screen.
Sometimes it loads up fast, but often not at all. Well maybe it was really slow, and I decided not to wait. On those occasions I unplugged the power-cord from the Roku. It started up really
fast after that.

How long does it normally take Roku Premiere+ to start up? Is there anything I can do to keep load times fast?

Is there any faster was to organize Roku channels besides *[select channel] < ^ OK v > each one at a time? I've gotten the My Channels installed, but I haven't gotten it adjusted how I like yet.

I'm slowly getting the hang of Roku. But the family needs it more streamlined, or I will have to change each channel for them. lol

Does anyone know if any other OTA channels are available on Roku like "Comet TV" is?
You could disable the screensaver, go to settings screensaver and set the wait time to never. The ROKU won't go into screensaver. The other option is just to hit any button on the ROKU remote such as home, or OK and the ROKU will walk up. You don't need to pull the power cord unless the unit has crashed.
post #5994 of 11637 Old 08-13-2017, 08:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
You could disable the screensaver, go to settings screensaver and set the wait time to never. The ROKU won't go into screensaver. The other option is just to hit any button on the ROKU remote such as home, or OK and the ROKU will walk up. You don't need to pull the power cord unless the unit has crashed.
I've tried pressing Home or OK buttons but they didn't appear to do anything. I try changing the settings after. Thx,
post #5995 of 11637 Old 08-13-2017, 08:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

@aaronwt : I posted a couple things in the UBP-X800 thread regarding Netflix and the interface used, and as I posted I confirmed most of it, but since no one bothered to answer with any other information. Is it normal on this unit when going into a movie or show on Netflix for the content not to auto play until selecting play? I know on the ROKU interface it plays once I go into the content, the Apple TV waits for me to press play / resume, and so does the Android TV Netflix interface. So only the ROKU Netflix interface, and the older Sony BDP-S6700 are the only Netflix interfaces that start playing without waiting to be told to. Is Netflix doing away with the feature, and why more devices wait now?

The other question I asked, is after re enabling the 4k plan on my account the 4k row seems to be gone, but titles are tagged correctly, and play without issues.
post #5996 of 11637 Old 08-13-2017, 09:09 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 7275 Post(s)
Liked: 8044
So add me to the list of those that need to reboot the Roku each time I start up the system. If I don't, it's the typical issues I've read about here, flashing, white flashing screen or purple screen of death. Cables are all certified and my Marantz receiver has no issues with any other 4K device.

The real frustration for me is that I have a perfectly acceptable workaround...almost. Rather than routing through my receiver, I can use a dedicated input on my LG G7 OLED. In this way I get no issues each time I turn on my system. Audio is via ARC and 'almost' everything is OK.

So what's my issue? Lip synch. Video is always slightly ahead of the audio, rendering any audio delay adjustments futile. I've already got audio delay and adjusting it further simply adds more delay. What I really need is video delay! Since I'm very sensitive to lip synch issues, this is unwatchable to me. It's actually preferable to reboot the damn Roku each time I turn on my system.

Does anyone know how to improve lip synch when the video is slightly ahead? Auto lip synch doesn't work with the Roku and every other device I have input into my Marantz has perfect lip synch. It's always the Roku that has the issues no other device has.
I WANT MORE likes this.
post #5997 of 11637 Old 08-13-2017, 09:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I've tried pressing Home or OK buttons but they didn't appear to do anything. I try changing the settings after. Thx,
You're Welcome.
post #5998 of 11637 Old 08-13-2017, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 799
Quote:
@aaronwt : I posted a couple things in the UBP-X800 thread regarding Netflix and the interface used, and as I posted I confirmed most of it, but since no one bothered to answer with any other information. Is it normal on this unit when going into a movie or show on Netflix for the content not to auto play until selecting play? I know on the ROKU interface it plays once I go into the content, the Apple TV waits for me to press play / resume, and so does the Android TV Netflix interface. So only the ROKU Netflix interface, and the older Sony BDP-S6700 are the only Netflix interfaces that start playing without waiting to be told to. Is Netflix doing away with the feature, and why more devices wait now?

The other question I asked, is after re enabling the 4k plan on my account the 4k row seems to be gone, but titles are tagged correctly, and play without issues.
The 4K row seems to be gone from everywhere. I don't see it on my Roku, Hopper, or Vizio...

Bobby 

post #5999 of 11637 Old 08-13-2017, 09:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post
The 4K row seems to be gone from everywhere. I don't see it on my Roku, Hopper, or Vizio...
@bobby94928 : Thanks for the confirmation. What about the feature where on some Netflix interfaces, the content will play automatically shortly after clicking on a show / movie vs waiting for you to select play. Initially I thought something broke with Netflix after upgrading, but since more then one platform had the same behavior, I feel better knowing it's most likely a change Netflix made. Same with the. 4k row being gone, initially I thought it wasn't being recognized correctly, but after quoting Netflix from settings and relaunching, tags were correct, and content played so, it looks like everything is gone.

One other thing, since I thought something broke with the change, I changed back to 2 screens HD which is currently scheduled to take affect next month on the bill cycle. If I call Netflix, can I have them cancel the change so the 4 screen plan stays ?

Thanks.

UPDATE: Called Netflix and everything is setup as desired now. Also had an informative conversation with the representative, and got some things I wasn't sure of / aware of cleared up.

Last edited by MacinMan; 08-13-2017 at 10:28 AM.
post #6000 of 11637 Old 08-13-2017, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
So add me to the list of those that need to reboot the Roku each time I start up the system. If I don't, it's the typical issues I've read about here, flashing, white flashing screen or purple screen of death. Cables are all certified and my Marantz receiver has no issues with any other 4K device.

The real frustration for me is that I have a perfectly acceptable workaround...almost. Rather than routing through my receiver, I can use a dedicated input on my LG G7 OLED. In this way I get no issues each time I turn on my system. Audio is via ARC and 'almost' everything is OK.

So what's my issue? Lip synch. Video is always slightly ahead of the audio, rendering any audio delay adjustments futile. I've already got audio delay and adjusting it further simply adds more delay. What I really need is video delay! Since I'm very sensitive to lip synch issues, this is unwatchable to me. It's actually preferable to reboot the damn Roku each time I turn on my system.

Does anyone know how to improve lip synch when the video is slightly ahead? Auto lip synch doesn't work with the Roku and every other device I have input into my Marantz has perfect lip synch. It's always the Roku that has the issues no other device has.
I don't know what Marantz model you have, but I have a Denon AVR-X7200WA which shares very similar circuitry with the Marantz SR7011, and are almost identical in design except the Marantz was built in China and the Denon was built in Japan. Not surprising since both companies are parts of D&M Holdings. Even the manuals are almost the same. So, the only lipsync adjustment in the receivers can be found under the 'Settings' tab in the manual, under the heading, 'Audio Delay' [in my manual this is on page 198, I doubt it's the same in yours, but it should be close by if your receiver has this function]- (don't ask me any operational details, because I've never had to use it). It says the 'Audio Delay' settings are stored for each input source', but as for whether this will adjust in the right direction for you is something you'll have to find out yourself. Good luck, let me know how things turn out for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
hdr , roku ultra , settings , ultra hd

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page