Official ROKU 4K (HDR) Premiere +/Ultra Owners Thread - Page 357 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 9681Likes

post #10681 of 11497 Old 11-08-2018, 12:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1298 Post(s)
Liked: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christcorp View Post

WITHOUT building separate Roku accounts, is there a way to STOP the Roku's from talking, learning, and Mirroring off each other? They were on DIFFERENT WIFI networks, so it must have happend AT ROKU.inc.

Thoughts? Thanks. mike
Nope, that's the way a Roku account works. If you want independent channels on each device, you have to have different accounts for each of them. It's been asked for many times, but never seems to get anywhere with Roku. They must feel this is more convenient for the majority of end users.

Dan
Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Yamaha RX-V583, Nvidia Shield, a number of Roku players and TVs, Windows 10 media server with Serviio and Plex. Other players and TVs as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10682 of 11497 Old 11-08-2018, 12:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1054 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Was wondering if someone knows of a work-a-round. I have multiple Roku's in my house. An Ultra on one tv; a Premiere on the 2nd; and a Stick on the third.

The stick, is in the guess room. I tried to set it up with just a couple of simple apps. Netflix, prime, Pluto, and a couple others. HOWEVER, when I deleted all the other apps on the Roku; the damn thing "COMMUNICATED" with the other 2 Roku's and deleted all the apps off of those Roku's also. It seems that whatever you do to one Roku, get's mirrored onto all the others.

This is very annoying. (The WIFE FACTOR about castrated me when all her apps were gone and I had to reinstall and log in to all of them).

WITHOUT building separate Roku accounts, is there a way to STOP the Roku's from talking, learning, and Mirroring off each other? They were on DIFFERENT WIFI networks, so it must have happend AT ROKU.inc.

Thoughts? Thanks. mike

What @atc98092 said. In order to have separate configurations, each ROKU has to be on it's own account. The other work around is, if the content you want is on Apple TV, get one of those for the extra bedroom. Apple gives you the option to keep all devices in sync with "one home screen", or you can turn that feature off. I was just thinking Apple's way would be easier if you plan to do this with more then one device, and your content is available. Other wise you would have to manage a bunch of separate accounts through Roku, where as Apple you could have one, and turn off one home screen on the devices you don't want synced. I have both Roku and Apple TV devices. Both complement each other nicely vs having one or the other only.
post #10683 of 11497 Old 11-08-2018, 12:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Thanks for the replies. I do also have an Apple tv 4K. That is what I mainly use. But I also have a Roku Ultra on that tv because Roku has a lot of channels that no other device gets. My wife on the other hand uses a roku in the bedroom tv as her main streamer. But she has a lot of apps that she uses. From the normal ones like directvnow, netflix, prime, etc. to QVC, AMC, and many others. I tried setting up the guest room (We get some visitors every month or so) so they could watch something. The basics of Netflix, prime, locast, and Pluto. But when I deleted everything else out, is when my wife's deleted too.

I might build a separate roku account for that one; but if I'm going to do that, I might as well build a 3rd account for the 3rd Roku. Thanks for the info. Mike

Michael
LG OLED65B7P, Yamaha 7810, 5.1.2 ATMOS
Philips 7302 BR/DV, ATV4K, Roku Ultra, Roku Premiere, Roku Stick+

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10684 of 11497 Old 11-08-2018, 12:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for the replies. I do also have an Apple tv 4K. That is what I mainly use. But I also have a Roku Ultra on that tv because Roku has a lot of channels that no other device gets. My wife on the other hand uses a roku in the bedroom tv as her main streamer. But she has a lot of apps that she uses. From the normal ones like directvnow, netflix, prime, etc. to QVC, AMC, and many others. I tried setting up the guest room (We get some visitors every month or so) so they could watch something. The basics of Netflix, prime, locast, and Pluto. But when I deleted everything else out, is when my wife's deleted too.

I might build a separate roku account for that one; but if I'm going to do that, I might as well build a 3rd account for the 3rd Roku. Thanks for the info. Mike
Chromecast is another simple option. If you want something separate for guests. They aren't really expensive either depending on if you need 4K or not. That way, since most people have a smartphone now, they can cast to the Chromecast from their phone. The only time this wouldn't be a good idea is if your guests don't have a smart Phone, or are subscribed to a service where they can use their own account. Just another thought that isolates things, and is cheaper then a second Apple TV.
post #10685 of 11497 Old 11-08-2018, 01:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacinMan View Post
Chromecast is another simple option. If you want something separate for guests. They aren't really expensive either depending on if you need 4K or not. That way, since most people have a smartphone now, they can cast to the Chromecast from their phone. The only time this wouldn't be a good idea is if your guests don't have a smart Phone, or are subscribed to a service where they can use their own account. Just another thought that isolates things, and is cheaper then a second Apple TV.
Yea, I was thinking of adding a firestick, chrome, or any 3rd type of device. But currently, I have the Apple TV 4K and 3 Roku's. And basically, I run 1 tv with Roku Premiere and 1 TV with the Apple and Roku Ultra. My other tv's I use; e.g. kitchen and patio have basic smart tv apps. I just didn't want to buy another device. Even if it was cheap. Like I mentioned previously, I love the apple tv the best. Hands down the best streamer there is. But Roku has close to 8,000 channels. A lot are private. I like to find some obscure stuff. Apple tv is better, but Roku has the most. (Just wish my DirectvNow wasn't SO SLOW on Roku). Takes 10-15 seconds to load the app; and averages 6-8 seconds to change channels. On the Apple tv it takes 2-3 seconds to load the app and 1-2 seconds to change channels. Anyway; that's why I have so many Roku's. Don't want to start using another type of streamer.

Michael
LG OLED65B7P, Yamaha 7810, 5.1.2 ATMOS
Philips 7302 BR/DV, ATV4K, Roku Ultra, Roku Premiere, Roku Stick+

post #10686 of 11497 Old 11-08-2018, 01:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yea, I was thinking of adding a firestick, chrome, or any 3rd type of device. But currently, I have the Apple TV 4K and 3 Roku's. And basically, I run 1 tv with Roku Premiere and 1 TV with the Apple and Roku Ultra. My other tv's I use; e.g. kitchen and patio have basic smart tv apps. I just didn't want to buy another device. Even if it was cheap. Like I mentioned previously, I love the apple tv the best. Hands down the best streamer there is. But Roku has close to 8,000 channels. A lot are private. I like to find some obscure stuff. Apple tv is better, but Roku has the most. (Just wish my DirectvNow wasn't SO SLOW on Roku). Takes 10-15 seconds to load the app; and averages 6-8 seconds to change channels. On the Apple tv it takes 2-3 seconds to load the app and 1-2 seconds to change channels. Anyway; that's why I have so many Roku's. Don't want to start using another type of streamer.
Understand completely Mike. Just wanted to provide you some specific options for your needs in case you hadn't thought about it. Also good to have several option on hand in case one doesn't work out.

I have two TVs one in the bedroom, and one in the living room with identical setups give or take features. each has a Roku, an Apple TV, and a Disc spinner. each has a Vizio 5.1 sound system connected. One is 4K, and the other is 1080p.

So I keep them set that way so I have the same selection devices to use on each.

Good luck with your setup and decision.
post #10687 of 11497 Old 11-08-2018, 01:35 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8898 Post(s)
Liked: 5687
Quote:
Was wondering if someone knows of a work-a-round. I have multiple Roku's in my house. An Ultra on one tv; a Premiere on the 2nd; and a Stick on the third.

The stick, is in the guess room. I tried to set it up with just a couple of simple apps. Netflix, prime, Pluto, and a couple others. HOWEVER, when I deleted all the other apps on the Roku; the damn thing "COMMUNICATED" with the other 2 Roku's and deleted all the apps off of those Roku's also. It seems that whatever you do to one Roku, get's mirrored onto all the others.

This is very annoying. (The WIFE FACTOR about castrated me when all her apps were gone and I had to reinstall and log in to all of them).

Thoughts? Thanks. mike
Just setup a different account.
galonzo likes this.

53TB unRAID2--45TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #10688 of 11497 Old 11-08-2018, 01:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1621 Post(s)
Liked: 960
Quote:
DTV Now is super fast on the new Fire Stick. I got the new 4k Fire Stick at the same time as I got DTV Now and it's much faster than Roku Ultra but I have no idea why. It's a bit sluggish on the Roku. Also you get 5.1 sound from DTV Now on the Fire Stick 4k and you don't with Roku which again I just don't know why or understand.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
post #10689 of 11497 Old 11-08-2018, 03:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfieldjames View Post
DTV Now is super fast on the new Fire Stick. I got the new 4k Fire Stick at the same time as I got DTV Now and it's much faster than Roku Ultra but I have no idea why. It's a bit sluggish on the Roku. Also you get 5.1 sound from DTV Now on the Fire Stick 4k and you don't with Roku which again I just don't know why or understand.

Wait, what?!?! Is it PCM, DD, DD+? Lack of surround has been the only thing keeping me from considering cutting the cord. This would be a gamechanger for me.
post #10690 of 11497 Old 11-08-2018, 03:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roland6465 View Post
Wait, what?!?! Is it PCM, DD, DD+? Lack of surround has been the only thing keeping me from considering cutting the cord. This would be a gamechanger for me.
Yup I know. I was dreading going to DTV Now because of the lack of 5.1 DD but with Fire Stick 4k I get 5.1 DD on probably 90% of the channels I gave. HBO and Starz yes and many, many more. I don't know why this is or why Roku doesn't but that is the deal.

post #10691 of 11497 Old 11-08-2018, 05:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1555 Post(s)
Liked: 4558
Quote:
Originally Posted by roland6465 View Post
Like HetfieldJames said DtvNow is way snappier and you get DD+ from most channels with the Fire Stick 4k.
I also have the Roku ultra and literally the only reason I got the Fire Stick was to get dd on DtvNow.
Both of us have Sony x900e's and agree the pq may be a hair, and I mean hair, better on the Roku but the dd and speed of the Fire Stick sold me.
Of course I'll still use roku for its many other apps such as vudu.
post #10692 of 11497 Old 11-08-2018, 06:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subacabra View Post
Like HetfieldJames said DtvNow is way snappier and you get DD+ from most channels with the Fire Stick 4k.
I also have the Roku ultra and literally the only reason I got the Fire Stick was to get dd on DtvNow.
Both of us have Sony x900e's and agree the pq may be a hair, and I mean hair, better on the Roku but the dd and speed of the Fire Stick sold me.
Of course I'll still use roku for its many other apps such as vudu.
Yeah both are great. No reason to not use/try both. We live in a good time where we have choice and that's a great thing. I will continue to use both. We both love our Vudu.

aaronwt and subacabra like this.
post #10693 of 11497 Old 11-09-2018, 05:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

New ROKU OS 9 update rolled to my 2017 Ultra this morning. Build: 9.0.0 4062. Premiere+ still on OS 8.0.1 4159, no os 9 updates for that unit yet.
aaronwt and aaronwt like this.
post #10694 of 11497 Old 11-10-2018, 04:55 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Did you select OS 9 or like the other ROKU updates it was sent to you and surprise....?
post #10695 of 11497 Old 11-10-2018, 07:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson-from-Arizona View Post
Did you select OS 9 or like the other ROKU updates it was sent to you and surprise....?
I check for system updates manually. I saw that the next OS 9 update was ready for my device, and installed it. OS 9 has been rock solid for me. Unlike earlier updates that would cause problems, at least on the 2017 Ultra, OS 9, the first update, and then this second one have worked really well.

I can't comment on my Premiere+ because it hasn't gotten any OS 9 updates yet. The only 2016 devices that got the update, mentioned on this thread are the 2016 Ultras. Beyond that, haven't seen anyone else update a 2016, or older device yet.
post #10696 of 11497 Old 11-10-2018, 07:29 AM

Some folks on ROKU forum reporting the new FW has disabled their Harmony Hub remote system for the ROKU.

The way ROKU does 2 steps forward 3 back with their FW's would not be surprised.
post #10697 of 11497 Old 11-10-2018, 08:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4224 Post(s)
Liked: 2387
Quote:
Some folks on ROKU forum reporting the new FW has disabled their Harmony Hub remote system for the ROKU.

The way ROKU does 2 steps forward 3 back with their FW's would not be surprised.
My Roku's are the worst with the Harmony remotes. I usually have to use the Roku app on my iOS device to control rather than the Harmony because it often won't work. I've called Harmony on a few occasions and they help me to get it to work but it doesn't last long. Fortunately I don't have to use the Roku that often.

lujan
505 Ultra HD
720 HD
4 SD
post #10698 of 11497 Old 11-10-2018, 08:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi. I recently got a projector. I am planning on getting the latest Roku Ultimate (model 4661), but was wondering how it deals with different video resolutions and aspect ratios? Particularly I'm talking about content that is any aspect ratio other than 16:9 and does NOT have the black bars encoded into the video. Will the Roku stretch the image to fill the screens horizontal axis only so the aspect ratio doesn't get skewed, or will it simply fill up the whole screen making non 16:9 content without the black bars encoded appear deformed?

To give an example, a 2.35:1 movie that was encoded without black bars, which would result in a resolution of 1920x800. Because the video is already at the maximum width (for 1080P) would it just play it as-is which would still result in black bars not because they're encoded into the video but just because there is no image in that part of the screen. OR, would the Roku stretch the image along the vertical axis only, which would change the aspect ratio and skew the picture?

I had an LG TV with USB ports and I could simply plug in a hard drive with movies on it. The TV's remote had a button labeled ratio which would stretch the picture, but the aspect ratio was always locked, so that the image would only be stretched along the horizontal axis, so no matter what the resolution of the video file being played, the picture would never be deformed. If the aspect ratio of the video matched that of the TV (16:9) there would be no black bars when the image was stretched. If it was a different aspect ratio, you would get black bars. Will the Roku act in the same way?

The attached photos show what playing videos with different resolution on the LG TV would result in on the screen. I'm hoping the Roku will do the same thing. I bought a DTV tuner (ViewTV AT-300) and it can play media off a hard drive, but it automatically stretches everything along both the vertical and horizontal axis, which changes the aspect ratio and deforms the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1280x536.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	2480580   Click image for larger version

Name:	1280x720.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	2480582   Click image for larger version

Name:	1920x800.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	2480584  

Last edited by mbg10484; 11-10-2018 at 08:40 AM.
post #10699 of 11497 Old 11-10-2018, 09:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbg10484 View Post
Hi. I recently got a projector. I am planning on getting the latest Roku Ultimate (model 4661), but was wondering how it deals with different video resolutions and aspect ratios? Particularly I'm talking about content that is any aspect ratio other than 16:9 and does NOT have the black bars encoded into the video. Will the Roku stretch the image to fill the screens horizontal axis only so the aspect ratio doesn't get skewed, or will it simply fill up the whole screen making non 16:9 content without the black bars encoded appear deformed?

To give an example, a 2.35:1 movie that was encoded without black bars, which would result in a resolution of 1920x800. Because the video is already at the maximum width (for 1080P) would it just play it as-is which would still result in black bars not because they're encoded into the video but just because there is no image in that part of the screen. OR, would the Roku stretch the image along the vertical axis only, which would change the aspect ratio and skew the picture?

I had an LG TV with USB ports and I could simply plug in a hard drive with movies on it. The TV's remote had a button labeled ratio which would stretch the picture, but the aspect ratio was always locked, so that the image would only be stretched along the horizontal axis, so no matter what the resolution of the video file being played, the picture would never be deformed. If the aspect ratio of the video matched that of the TV (16:9) there would be no black bars when the image was stretched. If it was a different aspect ratio, you would get black bars. Will the Roku act in the same way?

The attached photos show what playing videos with different resolution on the LG TV would result in on the screen. I'm hoping the Roku will do the same thing. I bought a DTV tuner (ViewTV AT-300) and it can play media off a hard drive, but it automatically stretches everything along both the vertical and horizontal axis, which changes the aspect ratio and deforms the picture.
Roku does not offer aspect ratio control. Whatever ratio the video has is what is sent to the display. I have videos that are picture boxed (black around all four sides) because they are not anamorphic. For those I either ignore it and live with the smaller image, or I use the display's aspect control. With my older Panasonic plasma, it's a simple button press. My Samsung doesn't work as easily, so I usually just leave it.

The Roku will not stretch the image in any way. However it's encoded is what it sends out. I think that is what you're looking for.

Dan
Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Yamaha RX-V583, Nvidia Shield, a number of Roku players and TVs, Windows 10 media server with Serviio and Plex. Other players and TVs as well.
post #10700 of 11497 Old 11-10-2018, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by atc98092 View Post
Roku does not offer aspect ratio control. Whatever ratio the video has is what is sent to the display. I have videos that are picture boxed (black around all four sides) because they are not anamorphic. For those I either ignore it and live with the smaller image, or I use the display's aspect control. With my older Panasonic plasma, it's a simple button press. My Samsung doesn't work as easily, so I usually just leave it.

The Roku will not stretch the image in any way. However it's encoded is what it sends out. I think that is what you're looking for.
Thanks for the reply. So if I understand you correctly, on a 1080p projector with the projectors own settings at 16:9 (no zoom) a video that is 1920x800 resolution, will appear on screen with the entire width taken up and black bars on top and bottom? And a video that is 1280x536 resolution will appear on screen picture boxed?
post #10701 of 11497 Old 11-10-2018, 10:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbg10484 View Post
Thanks for the reply. So if I understand you correctly, on a 1080p projector with the projectors own settings at 16:9 (no zoom) a video that is 1920x800 resolution, will appear on screen with the entire width taken up and black bars on top and bottom? And a video that is 1280x536 resolution will appear on screen picture boxed?
I believe that is all accurate. It matches my experience.

Dan
post #10702 of 11497 Old 11-10-2018, 11:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I don't own any universal remotes. Typically I use the included remote for each device, unless it's a company like Sony that shares cross compatibility for certain things between devices.

My typical setup is:

My Apple TV remotes are programmed to control the volume of my sound bars via IR
Any one of my Sony remotes can turn the TV(s) on or off

It just depends on which device I plan to use as to which remote I use. It's always felt more natural to me using separate remotes. I've tried universal remotes in the past, and they work for some things, and others not.

I've never tried one of the Harmony remotes though.

One of the things I am starting to like about other devices when it comes to control, is integration with smart hubs.

Google, Apple, and Amazon, all have varying degrees of compatibility here So, I can just ask for content on a specific device. Of course like I mentioned, each environment is different in functionality. It would be nice if Roku were able to integrate more this way as well.

I think we can all agree when it comes to availability of content, Roku has the biggest channel selection. When it comes to other forms of functionality, and options Roku is still lacking to other devices on the market today.
post #10703 of 11497 Old 11-10-2018, 05:11 PM

I don't have a problem with a Harmony 700 nor a 650 which is the 700 without the battery charging circuitry. The ones people are having issues with are the hub that uses a network as I understand it and can use various communication protocols, bluetooth, IR, etc.

Previous FW's worked of course.

"I think we can all agree when it comes to availability of content, Roku has the biggest channel selection."

I don't agree. Based on what?

All of similar devices have a load of channels. Amazon a bunch.
post #10704 of 11497 Old 11-10-2018, 10:50 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 407 Post(s)
Liked: 320
I'm on the same OS 9 update as @MacinMan and have a Harmony Hub and have not lost remote control of my Roku due to any updates. In fact, my internet was down for more than a day due to the widespread Spectrum Cable outage caused by the fire in Newberry Park, California and actually discovered the Logitech Hub can be somewhat independent when losing the outside internet connection on local intranet only. Where are competition on this?

Get this, I could control the lights I had programmed with the Logitech Hub with physical remote while Phillips Hue hub was complaining of no connection and refused to control the lights on demand. Oddly, my motion lighting with hue motion sensor and Ring Floodlight cameras continued to work though (not so surprised the floodlight motion continued but automated lighting with WiFi took a bad hit with the outage). Anyway, after the internet outage, I programmed some more lights on the Logitech Hub so I could control them if the internet went down again.

Amazon Echo? Totally useless without cloud connection; clock in display continued to keep time but any wake word was answered with, "I'm having trouble..., I'll continue trying to make a connection". Way to make a smart home dumb in an instant hue, echo, wemo and Ring Inc cameras; no outside internet server and you're out for the duration too!

Logitech Hub was a leg up on this one; my satellite DVR was accessible too but power up and DVR list opening were slow for some reason, otherwise, my Logitech remote was still usable (moreso than expected). Let the others take note of that. I'm in touch with an independent developer for local server options for Hue and WeMo though; need reliable backup for internet outages to control lights. Anyway, that was unexpected to find these manufacturers hadn't put any forethought into operating locally when internet goes down. Maybe Apple HomeKit is reliable too? I've heard there's an independent Apple HomeHub solution that may be of use if the previous one isn't. But unsure if there actually is a solution with home server. I'm patiently waiting on developer response.

I couldn't imagine doing without the internet for a week which was the rumored ETA for Spectrum cable restoration. Also was thankful I had restored DirecTV satellite service; rainfade is hardly an issue here but some folks were without internet, TV and phone because of this cable outage. I missed by streaming services too but weekends I'm usually watching sports on DirecTV anyway. Only stinging reality was the the loss of smart lighting and motion cameras.

As far as Roku and Logitech Hub, I have occasionally lost real time control of Roku, suffering slowness of remote commands to it. I have had to remove the Roku device and activity and add them again to restore speedy response. Don't know why but easy fix; it's understandable when replacing a Roku device in a setup and the other issues were rare but agreeably inconvenient. Another issue I've seen is multiple navigation inputs causing a temporary remote loss and having to wait a few seconds for remote response to restore. I'm trying something different for that today; I've removed the IR blaster control from Roku (hub only now) and nulled the audible click response in Roku settings. Maybe that helps? Dunno but trying that for now to see there's any remedy there. But I could use either Roku or Logitech remote for Roku but activity start with Logitech Hub is more reliablev than Roku remote with control devices enabled on my setup. Amazon Echo voice control through Harmony skill for activities is effective also.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
naustin likes this.
post #10705 of 11497 Old 11-11-2018, 06:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 290
Is anyone here that has the new Roku OS9 update to their Ultra AND is using DTV NOW noticed any improvement with the DTVN app??
Faster loading, improved guide navigation, etc??
Or no improvement at all ??
I'm still waiting for the new firmware. Thanks.
tonyjspr9 likes this.

"When all else fails, read the manual."
post #10706 of 11497 Old 11-13-2018, 07:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tngiloy View Post
Is anyone here that has the new Roku OS9 update to their Ultra AND is using DTV NOW noticed any improvement with the DTVN app??

I don't use Direct TV, but I've noticed Netflix and a few others load faster under OS 9.
post #10707 of 11497 Old 11-13-2018, 10:56 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tngiloy View Post
It loads quicker with OS 9 and has a new loading page. BTW I have Roku Ultra 2016.
tngiloy likes this.
post #10708 of 11497 Old 11-13-2018, 11:12 AM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Netflix in Dolby Atmos - when will Roku have it?

Does anyone have any insight into when or if Roku's Netflix app will put out Dolby Atmos sound? Who's responsible for updating the app, Netflix or Roku?
post #10709 of 11497 Old 11-13-2018, 11:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvwatcher12345 View Post
Does anyone have any insight into when or if Roku's Netflix app will put out Dolby Atmos sound? Who's responsible for updating the app, Netflix or Roku?
Up to Netflix. They had an exclusive providing Atmos for a period of time to just LG and the XBox. I understand that has now ended, but Netflix has to change their app to support it.

Dan
post #10710 of 11497 Old 11-13-2018, 12:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by sud13 View Post
It loads quicker with OS 9 and has a new loading page. BTW I have Roku Ultra 2016.
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure it could load any slower, but happy to hear there is some improvement.

I'm looking to see the improvement for myself whenever Roku decides to update my Ultra 2017 boxes.

"When all else fails, read the manual."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
hdr , roku ultra , settings , ultra hd

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page