AVS Forum banner

Official ROKU 4K (HDR) Premiere +/Ultra Owners Thread

2M views 24K replies 1K participants last post by  MacinMan 
#1 ·
Now that the 4K HDR ROKU models have started to ship I thought I would start a thread for owners of the top two models that include HDR support. The Premiere + being the lower tier model and the Ultra adding a few more options for $30 more. The Ultra adds: Remote Finder, Gaming Buttons, a USB port, and Optical Digital out to the mix.
I really would like to see these models do well without the issues that cropped up with the introduction of the ROKU 4 last year. I personally had a ROKU 4 for about a week but could not deal with the "red" push issue. Others I believe had heat issues and loud fan noise. Hopefully ROKU listened to the feedback from owners and did a much better job this time around.
So as new "OWNERS" of these two models over the next few days I would like folks to evaluate/review and post their likes as well as dislikes of these two new models. Please include which model you purchased in your posts. If having problems, please include your setup and what make/model TV you own.
Thank You and I look forward to your thoughts as well as my own.
Gerry

#4 ·
This is mine from Best Buy,

It's in Earth City , MO today. On way to Dallas, TX.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Earth City, MO, United States 10/07/2016 6:18 A.M. Departure Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 10/07/2016 12:01 A.M. Departure Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 10/06/2016 9:06 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 10/06/2016 6:51 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#9 ·
Hopefully today? Mine is also coming from ROKU. Don't quite understand why someone said that their Bestbuy one shipped yesterday
Gerry
My order said by 10/7, so, its 10/7!
I called Roku customer service and asked if the Roku Ultra would ship today. They were no help and could not answer the question.
So I guess we'll have to just wait and see.

#12 ·
Ordered my Ultra from Amazon last week and still shows no shipping info, also with Hurricane Matt passing through Central Florida will probably set me back a couple of days.

Reactions: christoofar
#13 ·
Just now:

Your recent Roku.com pre-order is now in stock!

1. Your order is being processed.
  2. In-stock products ship out the next business day. Orders placed after 11pm will be shipped the following business day.
  3. We will send another email to confirm shipping once your package has left the warehouse.

#15 ·
Nothing from Amazon and it still reads they are waiting for the inventory.

I popped into a random Best Buy and WalMart and they didn't have the units either ...

It's the hurry up and wait part!

#16 ·
Just now:

Your recent Roku.com pre-order is now in stock!

1. Your order is being processed.
    In-stock products ship out the next business day. Orders placed after 11pm will be shipped the following business day.
    We will send another email to confirm shipping once your package has left the warehouse.
Just received same message.

#18 ·
Pre ordered the Premiere Plus. Email just came in stating item is in stock and will ship next day!

I am also hoping there are no growing pains. I own the Samsung K8500 as a back up. I am curious to see if there are any drawbacks to the frame rate being output as 60 fps on the Roku vs 24 fps on the K8500 which matches my JVC RS400 better.

I am really looking for a better interface and faster all around performance.