post #271 of 312 Old 06-12-2019, 06:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
I reformatted the USB and now it sees it. The file is ota.zip.part. Does the "part" imply I don't have the complete download?

Also, when I try to open the file, it asks what I want to open it with (e.g. Chrome, etc). Is that what should happen and if so, what do I use to open it with?
No... that is not correct. It should be a zipped folder with the naming structure ending with "-ota.zip" I would reattempt the download... Although there appears to be some sort of temporary problem with the download server link that I use from the actual Zidoo forum.....as what should be a fairly quick download is going super slow it appears?....not sure what is going on there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 312 Old 06-13-2019, 06:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 4563 Post(s)
Liked: 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
No... that is not correct. It should be a zipped folder with the naming structure ending with "-ota.zip" I would reattempt the download... Although there appears to be some sort of temporary problem with the download server link that I use from the actual Zidoo forum.....as what should be a fairly quick download is going super slow it appears?....not sure what is going on there.
I "think" I'm making progress. The download appears to have worked correctly. My screen does not show an option for "local" but rather "USB" which is what I used. But I am confused about something. The version on the download says 2.1.25 but what shows up on the screen after I did what I did says 1.4.16 (see below).

So what am I not doing or what am I doing incorrectly? Also, if this is successful, under Apps should it show "Home Theater" or "Home Theater 2.0"?

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	2579442  

Last edited by audioguy; 06-13-2019 at 06:24 AM.
post #273 of 312 Old 06-13-2019, 10:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
Liked: 626
Quote:
I "think" I'm making progress. The download appears to have worked correctly. My screen does not show an option for "local" but rather "USB" which is what I used. But I am confused about something. The version on the download says 2.1.25 but what shows up on the screen after I did what I did says 1.4.16 (see below).

So what am I not doing or what am I doing incorrectly? Also, if this is successful, under Apps should it show "Home Theater" or "Home Theater 2.0"?

Thanks

You're missing it completely... Your screen shot is showing v1.4.16 and you want to be on v2.1.22.

Go to this link and click on v2.1.22. Click on download and download to a clean USB stick formatted FAT32 or download and save then copy to a clean USB/FAT32 stick.
https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/downloa...McQ%3D%3D.html

Follow the instructions exactly from the link below. Do not remove the USB or turn off the box during the update. When it's complete the screen from your screen shot will display Software Version: v2.1.22.

You will probably have both Home Theater as well Home Theater 2 apps loaded. You can delete Home Theater if you like. This should give you Home Theater 2 v1.8.9.

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/guide/g...z%2Bdw%3D.html

I would suggest doing the above first. If you want to up date to the new firmware v2.1.25, download from here and follow the exact same procedure.

link for v2.2.25:

http://apidl.zidoo.tv/X9S/v2.1.25/ZI...301225-ota.zip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #274 of 312 Old 06-13-2019, 10:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b curry View Post
You're missing it completely... Your screen shot is showing v1.4.16 and you want to be on v2.1.22.

Go to this link and click on v2.1.22. Click on download and download to a clean USB stick formatted FAT32 or download and save then copy to a clean USB/FAT32 stick.
https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/downloa...McQ%3D%3D.html

Follow the instructions exactly from the link below. Do not remove the USB or turn off the box during the update. When it's complete the screen from your screen shot will display Software Version: v2.1.22.

You will probably have both Home Theater as well Home Theater 2 apps loaded. You can delete Home Theater if you like. This should give you Home Theater 2 v1.8.9.

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/guide/g...z%2Bdw%3D.html

I would suggest doing the above first. If you want to up date to the new firmware v2.1.25, download from here and follow the exact same procedure.

link for v2.2.25:

http://apidl.zidoo.tv/X9S/v2.1.25/ZI...301225-ota.zip
Thanks. I'll try again. Does the fact that my display shows "USB" vs "Local" mean anything?
post #275 of 312 Old 06-13-2019, 11:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks. I'll try again. Does the fact that my display shows "USB" vs "Local" mean anything?
No....You are using a USB stick aren't you? Local could simply refer to pulling the firmware from another of your local LAN locations is all... many times you will find that Zidoo documentation will have weird Chinese translation quirks like that .....select your firmware zip file and the most important thing is that you should see the firmware load start and then the update process on your screen with the little android guy doing his little update dance as this is going on! Then it will power off..
post #276 of 312 Old 06-13-2019, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Local refers to a USB update vs. downloading direct from the internet as far as I can tell. Zidoo also refers to this as an OTA update.

Best to have nothing plugged into the USB connections other than the USB stick with the update firmware. Make sure you use the USB 2.0 connections and not the single blue USB 3.0 connection.

From the update screen click on USB/Local update if necessary and you'll see your USB stick and click on the stick. The X9S usually recognizes your stick and opens it. You will want to scroll to the zip file with the software version you want to update to. If you have only the one file on the stick, the X9S will often already have it highlighted.

If you follow the instructions, it all goes very smoothly. The verbiage on the actual firmware does not always match the tutorials and is often written in Chinglish. They also call or refer to a USB stick a Udisk. But it's close enough if you use your interpretive skills I think.

Last edited by b curry; 06-13-2019 at 12:11 PM.
post #277 of 312 Old 06-13-2019, 12:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Much more progress. A few questions (withe more to follow I'm sure):

1. What is the naming convention it wants? It was only able to identify less than half of my movies where the AppleTV, Dune and Nvidia identified close to 100%

2. I have a main folder called movies and have sub folders identified, as, for example, BluRay Movies, 4K Movies, etc. I really don't want access to the "movies" folder but just the sub folders. How do I do that?

3. Once I have the above complete, is there a way for the startup screen to be just a list of my sub folders?

And thanks again for all of your help so far.
post #278 of 312 Old 06-13-2019, 12:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

1. What is the naming convention it wants? It was only able to identify less than half of my movies where the AppleTV, Dune and Nvidia identified close to 100%

2. I have a main folder called movies and have sub folders identified, as, for example, BluRay Movies, 4K Movies, etc. I really don't want access to the "movies" folder but just the sub folders. How do I do that?

3. Once I have the above complete, is there a way for the startup screen to be just a list of my sub folders?

More or less the exact name/title of the movie as the file name. I have titles as they appear on IMDB and it does quite well with matching.

I doesn't really do sub folder's. It will simply list all of the titles as a poster wall. You do have the option to filter/sort by type or qenre inside the poster wall from a pop-up left side of the screen.

If you click on a title you have an option to re-scan or edit. It's quite easy and fast once you get the hang of it. A bluetooth keyboard will make it easier and faster. You can see this at timestamp 1:09 on the video below. There is little to no documentation for the APP. You're best to hunt and click to familiarize yourself with its operation. Otherwise, you'll spend more time asking questions here that someone may or may not answer.

As for startup screens, go the the APPS tile, bring up all the APPS and click on the APP that you want to start. So for HT2 click on the APP and a check mark will appear in the upper right of the APP. After you boot the box, the HT2 poster wall will be displayed.

Watch the video:

giomania likes this.
post #279 of 312 Old 06-13-2019, 04:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Not for nothing...but you will just have to play around with it and see what works for you like everyone else does... You have access to 2 very different media apps ...the ZDMC and HT2... in addition to the basic Media Center access....some people use one, some the other... some like me use both... with HT2 being more for my adult shows and ZDMC being used more for the kids for example.. Each has their pros and cons.... you will just have to experiment. Use the Zidoo forum for advice and info as well as the back pages of this thread also....
post #280 of 312 Old 06-13-2019, 04:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
More or less the exact name/title of the movie as the file name. I have titles as they appear on IMDB and it does quite well with matching.

I doesn't really do sub folder's. It will simply list all of the titles as a poster wall. You do have the option to filter/sort by type or qenre inside the poster wall from a pop-up left side of the screen.

If you click on a title you have an option to re-scan or edit. It's quite easy and fast once you get the hang of it. A bluetooth keyboard will make it easier and faster. You can see this at timestamp 1:09 on the video below. There is little to no documentation for the APP. You're best to hunt and click to familiarize yourself with its operation. Otherwise, you'll spend more time asking questions here that someone may or may not answer.

As for startup screens, go the the APPS tile, bring up all the APPS and click on the APP that you want to start. So for HT2 click on the APP and a check mark will appear in the upper right of the APP. After you boot the box, the HT2 poster wall will be displayed.

Watch the video:

https://youtu.be/yckKX2o0URk
More progress. It turns out that I had quite a few misspellings in my movies (but the other product apparently adjusted for it and it worked). Once I fixed all of the spelling errors (and a few other things) all but one worked. Since the concert is not on IMDB, I can't figure out how to get it corrected.

I have 5 different "sources" but I can't get them to show on the the poster page (see attachment)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_5237.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	2579628  
post #281 of 312 Old 06-13-2019, 04:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
More progress. It turns out that I had quite a few misspellings in my movies (but the other product apparently adjusted for it and it worked). Once I fixed all of the spelling errors (and a few other things) all but one worked. Since the concert is not on IMDB, I can't figure out how to get it corrected.

I have 5 different "sources" but I can't get them to show on the the poster page (see attachment)
What do you mean by "sources"?

The pop-up in your picture is a fixed screen. You can't add or subtract.

Last edited by b curry; 06-13-2019 at 04:59 PM.
post #282 of 312 Old 06-13-2019, 05:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
What do you mean by "sources"?
See attached.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Sources.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	646.1 KB
ID:	2579642  
post #283 of 312 Old 06-13-2019, 06:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
See attached.

Those look like folders and as I said earlier, it does not do folders...
post #284 of 312 Old 06-13-2019, 06:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

HT2 is a poster wall...and those are the categories it uses...that is how it works... if you want to see your individual folders in addition to categories of movies, then use the ZDMC.. it will have a section where you can just go straight to your source folders too... like I said, you need to experiment and find what works for you...
post #285 of 312 Old 06-14-2019, 12:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks again.

So what is the process for getting the cover art, etc for a disc that the Zidoo can't find? Is there a way to enter it manually?

EDIT: Never mind. I created a new entry in TMDB and solved the problem that way. All are now "matched" though some are still matched incorrectly.

Last edited by audioguy; 06-16-2019 at 09:41 AM.
post #286 of 312 Old 06-16-2019, 09:34 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 600 Post(s)
Liked: 417
I finally got around to installing firmware 2.1.25 yesterday and watched my very first movie on the X9S using just the media center app via my NAS (SMB) shared folder; it was a fantastic experience.

I liked the information pop-up, which shows (among other things) time remaining, which my daughter always asks about.

I also noticed the home screen GUI interface is in 23.98 FPS, according to my Lumagen Radiance Pro video processor, which is great for watching movies in the same frame rate.

I am curious if other owners see the home screen in 23.98 fps? If not, then the Radiance might be the reason that is occurring.

Thanks.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #287 of 312 Old 06-16-2019, 09:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by giomania View Post
I finally got around to installing firmware 2.1.25 yesterday and watched my very first movie on the X9S using just the media center app via my NAS (SMB) shared folder; it was a fantastic experience.

I liked the information pop-up, which shows (among other things) time remaining, which my daughter always asks about.

I also noticed the home screen GUI interface is in 23.98 FPS, according to my Lumagen Radiance Pro video processor, which is great for watching movies in the same frame rate.

I am curious if other owners see the home screen in 23.98 fps? If not, then the Radiance might be the reason that is occurring.

Thanks.

Mark

That is a new option that is part of the new firmware... you can set the resolution to what you want for the home screen under Display settings in addition to your normal resolution settings under playback settings.
giomania likes this.
post #288 of 312 Old 06-17-2019, 04:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Can someone confirm that X9/X10 with the latest fw versions provide/pass accurate min/max CLL HDR information?
Is this feature still exclusive to Realtek 1296 models?
post #289 of 312 Old 06-17-2019, 06:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadergr View Post
Can someone confirm that X9/X10 with the latest fw versions provide/pass accurate min/max CLL HDR information?
Is this feature still exclusive to Realtek 1296 models?
Good question...I assume the one who would know would be markswift2003
post #290 of 312 Old 06-19-2019, 11:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 687 Post(s)
Liked: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
Good question...I assume the one who would know would be markswift2003

Felt my ears burning..

Sorry to say that the X9S still does not pass MaxCLL or MaxFALL,

However at least it seems to set them to zero rather than outputting the complete gibberish other 1295 boxes do.. This should at least give your display a better chance of applying a generic gamma curve.

Zidoo Z9S | Dune Pro 4K | HDFury Vertex | 32TB mirrored storage
Denon AVC-X8500H | JVC DLA X7000 | Screen Research 9ft multi aspect ClearPix 2 ISF screen
3 x PMC IB2S fronts | 4 x PMC Wafer 2 rears | 4 x PMC Wafer 1 ceiling | 2 x M&K SS550 THX height | Rel Stentor III
A pair of slippers, a comfy sofa and a glass of 16 year old single malt
post #291 of 312 Old 06-19-2019, 01:57 PM
QuadMersed in bass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markswift2003 View Post
Felt my ears burning..

However at least it seems to set them to zero rather than outputting the complete gibberish other 1295 boxes do.. This should at least give your display a better chance of applying a generic gamma curve.

Just to confirm this is not an issue if using a Lumagen Radiance Pro with its Dynamic Tone Mapping (scene-based analysis) enabled?

Thanks.

Mark

post #292 of 312 Old 06-19-2019, 02:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by giomania View Post
Just to confirm this is not an issue if using a Lumagen Radiance Pro with its Dynamic Tone Mapping (scene-based analysis) enabled?

Thanks.

Mark

Absolutely - DTM doesn't care about meta data one iota.
giomania likes this.

Denon AVC-X8500H | JVC DLA X7000 | Screen Research 9ft multi aspect ClearPix 2 ISF screen
3 x PMC IB2S fronts | 4 x PMC Wafer 2 rears | 4 x PMC Wafer 1 ceiling | 2 x M&K SS550 THX height | Rel Stentor III
post #293 of 312 Old 06-25-2019, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Felt my ears burning..

Hello.

From your signature i understand that you also own Zidoo Z9s and Dune HD Pro 4K.
Can you make an HDR image quality comparison? How crucial/benefiting is the max cll/fall information to the image quality (Zidoo x9s vs Z9s) ? Is there obvious difference?

Thanks in advance.
post #294 of 312 Old 06-25-2019, 03:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hello.

From your signature i understand that you also own Zidoo Z9s and Dune HD Pro 4K.
Can you make an HDR image quality comparison? How crucial/benefiting is the max cll/fall information to the image quality (Zidoo x9s vs Z9s) ? Is there obvious difference?

Thanks in advance.

Theoretically, MaxFALL and MaxCLL are important to how the display tone maps the encoded video to fit within that display's capabilities - say the display can max out at 400nits and MaxCLL is 900nits and MaxFALL is say 200nits, the display should tailor the gamma curve to tail off so 900nits maxes the display at 400nits and everything between diffuse (reference) white (100nits) and that target is compressed in that rolloff taking into account the 200nits of MaxFALL.

All this assumes the display is designed to do that, the colourist has got his numbers right (they do these days, but they didn't used to in the early days!) and those numbers have made it through the mastering process intact (sometimes they don't!).

In reality, since the display manufacturer knows the capabilities of the display - let's say the 400nits as above, and because diffuse white is defined as 100nits by the spec (which is the same as SDR) then I'd argue that a generic PQ (perceptual Quantiser) curve, compressing the highlights (ie a gamma rolloff from 100nits) up to the display's capabilities is perfectly fine.

I don't know enough about how TV manufacturers deal with the HDR message though, with the notable exception of LG who use dynamic tone mapping in some displays. I believe some manufacturers take into account the Mastering Display Luminance too which is a bit like making creative decisions based on the colour of the producer's toilet roll!

Things are far more complicated for projectors - a lot of which may struggle to reach reference white at 100nits, never mind above that - so the compression becomes more severe and perhaps diffuse white has to be lowered - but again, a curve can be designed to do this.

And don't forget, we're really only talking specular highlights here (pretty clouds being oft touted!!), the APL (average picture level) is pretty much equal between SDR and HDR

So the upshot of this rambling is, no, subjectively, there's no huge difference, and when you take into account calibration, viewing environment etc etc; well, those factors are going to have a much bigger impact.

In my opinion, dynamic tone mapping is the way forward - the display, or a processor, making frame by frame decisions based on the actual encoded image rather than a bunch of numbers painted with a broad brush. That's until displays catch up and become capable of displaying MaxCLL natively that is, at which point the whole conversation is moot.

(Can you tell I haven't posted for a few days? )
jherring69, vadergr and dr4go like this.

post #295 of 312 Old 06-25-2019, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Theoretically, MaxFALL and MaxCLL are important to how the display tone maps the encoded video to fit within that display's capabilities - say the display can max out at 400nits and MaxCLL is 900nits and MaxFALL is say 200nits, the display should tailor the gamma curve to tail off so 900nits maxes the display at 400nits and everything between diffuse (reference) white (100nits) and that target is compressed in that rolloff taking into account the 200nits of MaxFALL.

All this assumes the display is designed to do that, the colourist has got his numbers right (they do these days, but they didn't used to in the early days!) and those numbers have made it through the mastering process intact (sometimes they don't!).

In reality, since the display manufacturer knows the capabilities of the display - let's say the 400nits as above, and because diffuse white is defined as 100nits by the spec (which is the same as SDR) then I'd argue that a generic PQ (perceptual Quantiser) curve, compressing the highlights (ie a gamma rolloff from 100nits) up to the display's capabilities is perfectly fine.

I don't know enough about how TV manufacturers deal with the HDR message though, with the notable exception of LG who use dynamic tone mapping in some displays. I believe some manufacturers take into account the Mastering Display Luminance too which is a bit like making creative decisions based on the colour of the producer's toilet roll!

Things are far more complicated for projectors - a lot of which may struggle to reach reference white at 100nits, never mind above that - so the compression becomes more severe and perhaps diffuse white has to be lowered - but again, a curve can be designed to do this.

And don't forget, we're really only talking specular highlights here (pretty clouds being oft touted!!), the APL (average picture level) is pretty much equal between SDR and HDR

So the upshot of this rambling is, no, subjectively, there's no huge difference, and when you take into account calibration, viewing environment etc etc; well, those factors are going to have a much bigger impact.

In my opinion, dynamic tone mapping is the way forward - the display, or a processor, making frame by frame decisions based on the actual encoded image rather than a bunch of numbers painted with a broad brush. That's until displays catch up and become capable of displaying MaxCLL natively that is, at which point the whole conversation is moot.

(Can you tell I haven't posted for a few days? )
Thanks for your reply. Yes it has been a long time since you posted

I am aware of the theory and the tone mapping practice for the PJs.
I was hoping for a real life test/conclusion on an TV set. Any TV set.
RTD1295 vs RTD1296 as far as HDR is concerned.

PS. It is a shame that we cant get a media player that supports proper tone mapping.
post #296 of 312 Old 06-25-2019, 04:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. Yes it has been a long time since you posted

I am aware of the theory and the tone mapping practice for the PJs.
I was hoping for a real life test/conclusion on an TV set. Any TV set.
RTD1295 vs RTD1296 as far as HDR is concerned.

PS. It is a shame that we cant get a media player that supports proper tone mapping.
I have a 75" Sammy which supports HDR and has the X9S permanently connected, but I've often had the Z9S and Dune testing on it too - I'm not sure how the Sammy deals with the SEI (other than triggering HDR, I actually don't think it does!) but subjectively, I see no difference in image quality between the Dune Pro 4K, Zidoo X9S and Zidoo Z9S.

I haven't sat and scrutinised test patterns from them, but there's certainly never been a point where I've said to myself these specular highlights look better than those specular highlights.

That said, If I was using a TV, I'd be happier with a player squirting out the correct SEI than not, on the off chance my display does something useful with it!

You're absolutely right - it'd be great to have a media player that has a decent go at tone mapping - Zidoo are the only ones who seem to be trying with 3 gamma settings on the Z9S but they're still a way off and my guess is the SOC or the SDK doesn't allow the kind of flexibility we need.

However, they surprised me recently with SDR 2020 on the Z9S, so you never know...
vadergr likes this.

Last edited by markswift2003; 06-25-2019 at 05:39 AM.
post #297 of 312 Old 06-25-2019, 06:33 AM

Quote:
I have a 75" Sammy which supports HDR and has the X9S permanently connected, but I've often had the Z9S and Dune testing on it too - I'm not sure how the Sammy deals with the SEI (other than triggering HDR, I actually don't think it does!) but subjectively, I see no difference in image quality between the Dune Pro 4K, Zidoo X9S and Zidoo Z9S.

I haven't sat and scrutinised test patterns from them, but there's certainly never been a point where I've said to myself these specular highlights look better than those specular highlights.

That said, If I was using a TV, I'd be happier with a player squirting out the correct SEI than not, on the off chance my display does something useful with it!

You're absolutely right - it'd be great to have a media player that has a decent go at tone mapping - Zidoo are the only ones who seem to be trying with 3 gamma settings on the Z9S but they're still a way off and my guess is the SOC or the SDK doesn't allow the kind of flexibility we need.

However, they surprised me recently with SDR 2020 on the Z9S, so you never know...
Exactly the information i wanted.

I was testing a 1295 and a 1296 unit on a HDR TV and i could not spot HDR differences, at least visible to the eye. Now i feel i am not an alien
Thanks a lot for your help!
markswift2003 likes this.
post #298 of 312 Old 06-25-2019, 08:53 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

Zidoo X9S

Quote:
Exactly the information i wanted.

I was testing a 1295 and a 1296 unit on a HDR TV and i could not spot HDR differences, at least visible to the eye. Now i feel i am not an alien

Thanks a lot for your help!

When the Spears & Munsil HDR disc comes out, it’s going to have an HDR montage (torture test) which I’m sure will reveal all source device and display inadequacies.

Till then, ignorance is bliss!

Mark

post #299 of 312 Old 07-07-2019, 08:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1049 Post(s)
Liked: 571
So after finding that Leia 18.3 solved a big problem with my Nvidia Shield and FireTV 4K (e.g. SMB3 works with Windows 10 now so no security risk or workarounds needed) and ProjectM is even back for music visualizations, I wanted to upgrade my Zidoo X9S to Leia 18.3. I know it crashed with 18.0, but... Yeah it STILL crashes with 18.3. Are they even working to fix this? I sent a report, but given it's been months, I'm having doubts. It could be one setting, even (in a similar thread on a different device, it was suggested the one hardware acceleration setting could crash it, but that might have been during playback).

Click THEATER (Updated: May-22-2019) for pics: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Dialog Lift - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub; 2nd Room (Updated Apr-22-2019): 48" Plasma TV, Carver AL-III, Carver C-5 Pre-Amp, Technics SH-AC500D, Dual Carver TFM-35x Amps (Active Bi-Amp), Klipsch Surrounds ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S, LD, GameCube : Props (Updated 7-5-19)
post #300 of 312 Old 07-08-2019, 10:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumX View Post
So after finding that Leia 18.3 solved a big problem with my Nvidia Shield and FireTV 4K (e.g. SMB3 works with Windows 10 now so no security risk or workarounds needed) and ProjectM is even back for music visualizations, I wanted to upgrade my Zidoo X9S to Leia 18.3. I know it crashed with 18.0, but... Yeah it STILL crashes with 18.3. Are they even working to fix this? I sent a report, but given it's been months, I'm having doubts. It could be one setting, even (in a similar thread on a different device, it was suggested the one hardware acceleration setting could crash it, but that might have been during playback).

There's no reason to suppose that Zidoo will be working on anything to do with Kodi - they stopped support for ZDMC, their own port, at v17.6.1 in April last year.

ZDMC was previously deprecated and replaced with HT2 in January last year and this is why it is no longer included on the later boxes.

If you want Kodi, this isn't the box for you - the Shield or a Vero 4K+, the latter enjoying much better support, would be a much better choice.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page