Zidoo X9S - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 59Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #151 of 321 Old 01-30-2019, 04:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
b curry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: on the way to Hell, Michigan USA
Posts: 4,595
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1025 Post(s)
Liked: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharok View Post
Many thanks for all your help and guidance.

I was not able to find a complete manual for X8 anywhere on line. But I think you gave me enough information to start the process.

I'm using an Oppo-103 and I have two USB HDD connected to it (one for 2D BD and DVD, the other for 3D).

I never used a media player before so I'm not familiar with KODI or anything else.

I'd like to replace my Oppo with another player for my ripped movies and it seems like all of them except Zidoo have a few issues playing movies.
And as I mentioned before I don"t play 4K, networking or sharing. Just plain External USB and surprisingly, no media player can play a simple 2D or 3D flawless other than Zidoo.

I ordered my Zidoo X8 a couple of days ago and Hopefully I'll get it soon.

I'm sure after I setup the unit I'll bother you again with more questions.

Thanks again for your time.
You won't find a manual. Documentation is rather thin for the Zidoo units. You're best served by the Zidoo forum, YouTube, or product reviews. I've no experience with the X8 and to be safe, I would not assume that it will be exactly like the X9S for all features. Good Luck.

I do not use 3D but on the X9S, Zidoo has stated that Non-MVC 3D requires manual L/R switching. This is done via menu after the file/movie is loaded. 3D MVC is automatic. No information on flipping L/R or R/L that I know of.
b curry is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #152 of 321 Old 01-30-2019, 04:40 PM
Advanced Member
 
sharok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 924
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by b curry View Post
You won't find a manual. Documentation is rather thin for the Zidoo units. You're best served by the Zidoo forum, YouTube, or product reviews. I've no experience with the X8 and to be safe, I would not assume that it will be exactly like the X9S for all features. Good Luck.

I do not use 3D but on the X9S, Zidoo has stated that Non-MVC 3D requires manual L/R switching. This is done via menu after the file/movie is loaded. 3D MVC is automatic. No information on flipping L/R or R/L that I know of.

Great. Thanks again for the info.
sharok is offline  
post #153 of 321 Old 01-30-2019, 06:06 PM
Member
 
nickm11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Valley Village, Ca
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I suggest you simple email Zidoo customer service. I think they're on break for another week or so, but I'm sure they will get back to you.

[email protected]

Kinergetics KCD40 and KCD 20/40
Robertson 6010 & 4010
Chiro C800
Kinergetics Subwoofer
Martin Logan Aerius I
Sony SMP-N100 Network Media Player w/iSedora
nickm11 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #154 of 321 Old 01-31-2019, 12:44 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumX View Post
2D is now refresh rate solid, but only with their viewer which won't work over the network with ZDMC for some reason.
I don't have this problem. But I'm not on the latest firmware yet. Is this a new problem?
G4n0nD0rf is offline  
post #155 of 321 Old 01-31-2019, 12:46 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumX View Post
Apparently so based on my experience yesterday (I think the PS4 corrected it automatically; frankly I don't know why they didn't have a STANDARD for one in the first place. Why do any movies start with the other eye; it makes no sense.
I assume because they wan't you to see that eye's version when watching it in 2D.
G4n0nD0rf is offline  
post #156 of 321 Old 01-31-2019, 07:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MagnumX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 1,974
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by G4n0nD0rf View Post
I don't have this problem. But I'm not on the latest firmware yet. Is this a new problem?
I don't know since I didn't try NFS before the firmware update. SMB3 definitely didn't work in ZDMC (same thing it just quit). NFS does work from the media browser, though (SMB3 does not). I didn't have to change eyes with 3D before the update, though but it's possible I hadn't watched one that needed up until that point or it could be a new bug like the zero button restarting a movie no longer works (selects time instead despite the preference setting).
MagnumX is online now  
post #157 of 321 Old 01-31-2019, 08:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
deano86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,420
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumX View Post
I didn't have to change eyes with 3D before the update, though but it's possible I hadn't watched one that needed up until that point or it could be a new bug like the zero button restarting a movie no longer works (selects time instead despite the preference setting).
As I have stated before, the 3D eyeview switching is not a new bug ... more than likely you happened to choose 2 of the relatively rare titles that use right eye view for the base stream....(20th Century Fox titles are notorious for this which would explain the Miss Perigrines title) and some Warner titles as well.....Kong: Skull Island definitely is. Out of the 76 3D titles I currently have ripped, only 6 require the eyeview switching, though.
deano86 is offline  
post #158 of 321 Old 01-31-2019, 01:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MagnumX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 1,974
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Could be; I haven't checked the lists to see what's what. I do know I have 152 3D movies now ripped/stored on Zidoo (everything but my "3D Rarities" disc, which would be too piecemeal to bother) so I'm sure there are more than a few.

Click THEATER (Updated: May-22-2019) for pics: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Dialog Lift - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub; 2nd Room (Updated Apr-22-2019): 48" Plasma TV, Carver AL-III, Carver C-5 Pre-Amp, Technics SH-AC500D, Dual Carver TFM-35x Amps (Active Bi-Amp), Klipsch Surrounds ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S, LD, GameCube : Props (Updated 10-13-19)
MagnumX is online now  
post #159 of 321 Old 01-31-2019, 03:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
deano86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,420
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Ya... I just immediately check the ripped files with MediaInfo and then if I find that it is "right eye" title, I note it on the folder name so that I can keep track of it....
deano86 is offline  
post #160 of 321 Old 02-02-2019, 11:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nc88keyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,592
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
Ya... I just immediately check the ripped files with MediaInfo and then if I find that it is "right eye" title, I note it on the folder name so that I can keep track of it....
out of curiosity can you not change it to left eye first with tools and reimage it ... likely giving up the disc menus when recreating the iso/bdmv folders after edit . I have seen some 3d tools that do this I think. All sorts of flags you can set. I want to say I saw these tools here at avs when looking into 3d demo discs created by avs users. Like you said there are so few it's not a huge deal otherwise 3d is basically perfect on the x9s z9s
nc88keyz is offline  
post #161 of 321 Old 02-03-2019, 10:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
deano86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,420
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked: 319
AFAIK, it is not a simple as just changing a flag.... the designation for which base stream is being used is buried down into a level in which a hex editor may have to be used..Regular disc players can detect it obviously....From my research that option was explored by people, but was not successful in determining exactly what hex value needed to be changed. People have also noted the option to select which base stream to use in TSMuxer, but that option was found to not have any affect on the final remuxed result. It will indeed switch the indication in MediaInfo, but the playback result was still the same. Granted I have not bothered to dive in and explore all options regarding trying to manipulate BDMV or M2TS containers and such... I only use MKV.. and with so few 3D titles needing to be swapped for me, it is no big deal to do quick pause and switch at the start. I had the exact same issue on my old fantastic Mede8er 3d player also..
deano86 is offline  
post #162 of 321 Old 02-03-2019, 04:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nc88keyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,592
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
AFAIK, it is not a simple as just changing a flag.... the designation for which base stream is being used is buried down into a level in which a hex editor may have to be used..Regular disc players can detect it obviously....From my research that option was explored by people, but was not successful in determining exactly what hex value needed to be changed. People have also noted the option to select which base stream to use in TSMuxer, but that option was found to not have any affect on the final remuxed result. It will indeed switch the indication in MediaInfo, but the playback result was still the same. Granted I have not bothered to dive in and explore all options regarding trying to manipulate BDMV or M2TS containers and such... I only use MKV.. and with so few 3D titles needing to be swapped for me, it is no big deal to do quick pause and switch at the start. I had the exact same issue on my old fantastic Mede8er 3d player also..
bdedit is the app. Google it. it does some of.those hex edits for you I feel from looking at the screenshots and finding the app I installed a few weeks back
nc88keyz is offline  
post #163 of 321 Old 02-04-2019, 12:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MagnumX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 1,974
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked: 660
I still think the whole thing just got reversed. Every 3D title I run works correctly with the "reversed" eye setting on the Zidoo. Either that or the projector somehow got reversed and I switched it back (I don't think it specifies which eye it's set to, just offers to reverse it).

Click THEATER (Updated: May-22-2019) for pics: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Dialog Lift - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub; 2nd Room (Updated Apr-22-2019): 48" Plasma TV, Carver AL-III, Carver C-5 Pre-Amp, Technics SH-AC500D, Dual Carver TFM-35x Amps (Active Bi-Amp), Klipsch Surrounds ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S, LD, GameCube : Props (Updated 10-13-19)
MagnumX is online now  
post #164 of 321 Old 02-04-2019, 02:03 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc88keyz View Post
out of curiosity can you not change it to left eye first with tools and reimage it ... likely giving up the disc menus when recreating the iso/bdmv folders after edit . I have seen some 3d tools that do this I think. All sorts of flags you can set. I want to say I saw these tools here at avs when looking into 3d demo discs created by avs users. Like you said there are so few it's not a huge deal otherwise 3d is basically perfect on the x9s z9s
That would require you to re-encode the entire movie. 3D blurays are encoded with MVC, wich uses the 2D plus Delta method. So the 'first' eye flags tells you to use the 2D version for the left or right eye, and derive the other eye's version from it with the delta information.
G4n0nD0rf is offline  
post #165 of 321 Old 02-04-2019, 09:30 AM
Advanced Member
 
Sledgehamma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Germany
Posts: 943
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 658 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Funny thing is that there is a stereo flag inside mkv, which tells the player if its a right eye or left eye first movie. Realtek being Realtek they obviously don't care about flags..... There is only one hardware player that I know of which can read this flag and do the change automatically (PCH A-500 (PRO)/VTEN).
Don't count on that being implemented though as 3D is pretty much niche by now and adding such as flag is so much work that even rocket science is easy compared to it.
Sledgehamma is offline  
post #166 of 321 Old 02-05-2019, 07:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
sharok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 924
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
Hi, yes you can set the Zidoo to output a specific output in the settings. You can lock it to 1080/24 and it will work fine with 2D and 3D content.

I have another question if you don't mind,


In Ziddo, if you set the resolution to 1080p/24 under "TV System" (I think that was what you meant by locking the resolution), what happens to DVD (720p) files?


Will they get upscale to 1080p or will they just pass through?




Thanks
sharok is offline  
post #167 of 321 Old 02-05-2019, 07:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MagnumX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 1,974
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Since that last Zidoo X9S firmware update, I'm getting a lot of 3D movies where the sound cuts out momentarily once or twice during the movie (not every time) and at least one time where the whole thing just crashed while watching the movie. I haven't had this device very long, relatively speaking, but it never skipped or crashed once on the firmware it came with. Unfortunately, I don't think that one is even available to download, although I do have one older (than current) version I could try. I tried to install a visualizer for KODI (ProjectM) and it actually crashed the system into a reboot (every single time like clockwork). I had to uninstall it (it hasn't been working to well on my NVidia Shield lately crashing and causing the audio to go crackly and that seems to have been the Shield's software update as well as installing the older version that used to work fine no longer does no matter what). I have to say I'm pretty darn disappointed in ANDROID based updates lately. Unstable to unusable changes for whatever reason. Awful.

Click THEATER (Updated: May-22-2019) for pics: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Dialog Lift - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub; 2nd Room (Updated Apr-22-2019): 48" Plasma TV, Carver AL-III, Carver C-5 Pre-Amp, Technics SH-AC500D, Dual Carver TFM-35x Amps (Active Bi-Amp), Klipsch Surrounds ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S, LD, GameCube : Props (Updated 10-13-19)
MagnumX is online now  
post #168 of 321 Old 02-06-2019, 05:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
deano86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,420
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumX View Post
Since that last Zidoo X9S firmware update, I'm getting a lot of 3D movies where the sound cuts out momentarily once or twice during the movie (not every time) and at least one time where the whole thing just crashed while watching the movie. I haven't had this device very long, relatively speaking, but it never skipped or crashed once on the firmware it came with. Unfortunately, I don't think that one is even available to download, although I do have one older (than current) version I could try. I tried to install a visualizer for KODI (ProjectM) and it actually crashed the system into a reboot (every single time like clockwork). I had to uninstall it (it hasn't been working to well on my NVidia Shield lately crashing and causing the audio to go crackly and that seems to have been the Shield's software update as well as installing the older version that used to work fine no longer does no matter what). I have to say I'm pretty darn disappointed in ANDROID based updates lately. Unstable to unusable changes for whatever reason. Awful.
Sorry to hear, but mine is working just fine on the latest firmware... In some occasions, people have found that after a firmware update, if some features are acting wonky, they have done a full reset and that has fixed their issues..And if you want to try one of the other firmwares, they are all available on the Zidoo forum site ... under X9S firmware release page...I see my last firmware there anyway...
deano86 is offline  
post #169 of 321 Old 02-06-2019, 06:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
b curry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: on the way to Hell, Michigan USA
Posts: 4,595
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1025 Post(s)
Liked: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
Sorry to hear, but mine is working just fine on the latest firmware... In some occasions, people have found that after a firmware update, if some features are acting wonky, they have done a full reset and that has fixed their issues..And if you want to try one of the other firmwares, they are all available on the Zidoo forum site ... under X9S firmware release page...I see my last firmware there anyway...
@MagnumX - I would echo deano86's responce. I think firmware v2.1.22 has by far been the best update for the X9S and I've had no problems.

I did however have a problem with v2.0.34 when I first loaded it. I found that re-flashing the same firmware a second time corrected the problem. This is very easy to do and I would suggest that you give it a try.
b curry is offline  
post #170 of 321 Old 02-06-2019, 07:39 AM
Advanced Member
 
sharok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 924
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumX View Post
Since that last Zidoo X9S firmware update, I'm getting a lot of 3D movies where the sound cuts out momentarily once or twice during the movie (not every time) and at least one time where the whole thing just crashed while watching the movie. I haven't had this device very long, relatively speaking, but it never skipped or crashed once on the firmware it came with. Unfortunately, I don't think that one is even available to download, although I do have one older (than current) version I could try. I tried to install a visualizer for KODI (ProjectM) and it actually crashed the system into a reboot (every single time like clockwork). I had to uninstall it (it hasn't been working to well on my NVidia Shield lately crashing and causing the audio to go crackly and that seems to have been the Shield's software update as well as installing the older version that used to work fine no longer does no matter what). I have to say I'm pretty darn disappointed in ANDROID based updates lately. Unstable to unusable changes for whatever reason. Awful.
Just outta Curiosity,
Is the issue through the network connection or direct hard drive connection to Zidoo?
sharok is offline  
post #171 of 321 Old 02-06-2019, 11:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MagnumX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 1,974
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked: 660
I've seen the problem with a hard drive and 3D movies. I watched a networked 2D movie that was made with Handbrake and it didn't do it, but it was just one movie so I wouldn't call that definitive.

Click THEATER (Updated: May-22-2019) for pics: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Dialog Lift - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub; 2nd Room (Updated Apr-22-2019): 48" Plasma TV, Carver AL-III, Carver C-5 Pre-Amp, Technics SH-AC500D, Dual Carver TFM-35x Amps (Active Bi-Amp), Klipsch Surrounds ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S, LD, GameCube : Props (Updated 10-13-19)
MagnumX is online now  
post #172 of 321 Old 02-07-2019, 01:04 PM
Advanced Member
 
sharok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 924
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumX View Post
I've seen the problem with a hard drive and 3D movies. I watched a networked 2D movie that was made with Handbrake and it didn't do it, but it was just one movie so I wouldn't call that definitive.

When you update or re-flash the firmware, do you have to re-scan all your files again or does Zidoo keeps the library (scanned files) in the memory?
sharok is offline  
post #173 of 321 Old 02-07-2019, 03:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MagnumX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 1,974
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharok View Post
When you update or re-flash the firmware, do you have to re-scan all your files again or does Zidoo keeps the library (scanned files) in the memory?
More like the (solid state) hard drive, but no, I didn't have to re-scan anything.

Click THEATER (Updated: May-22-2019) for pics: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Dialog Lift - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub; 2nd Room (Updated Apr-22-2019): 48" Plasma TV, Carver AL-III, Carver C-5 Pre-Amp, Technics SH-AC500D, Dual Carver TFM-35x Amps (Active Bi-Amp), Klipsch Surrounds ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S, LD, GameCube : Props (Updated 10-13-19)
MagnumX is online now  
post #174 of 321 Old 02-20-2019, 04:57 AM
.NET Solution Architect
 
SoulOfUniverse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Chigwell, Essex, UK
Posts: 933
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Just to let you know guys, x9s has released new firmware, which is now playing all 4k BDMV rips absolutely without any issue via its Media Manager, before it could play only Blu-Ray BDMV rips and now it can play all of them. Also they fixed the issue of when you adjust the subtitles settings and on every new play they were reverted to default state, now its all saved as it should be and you don't need to readjust it. Some UI improvement, especially around Video information and etc. Now You can jump to a specific timecode by pressing 0 button on the remote to popup timecode jump menu (very useful). Many more things they've fixed read on official firmware release:https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/downloa...McQ%3D%3D.html
giomania likes this.

Video: Synology 416Play NAS 24TB -> OPPO UDP-203 / Zidoo X9S / Nvidia Shield 4K -> Lumagen Radiance Pro 4444 -> SONY VPL-VW760ES -> Elite Screen 135'' 16:9 1.1 Max White;
Audio: DENON X3500H -> Dali Zensor 7.1 Dolby Atmos (7, 1, E12F, Vokal, Dolby Alteco C1)
SoulOfUniverse is offline  
post #175 of 321 Old 02-20-2019, 07:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
b curry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: on the way to Hell, Michigan USA
Posts: 4,595
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1025 Post(s)
Liked: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulOfUniverse View Post
Just to let you know guys, x9s has released new firmware, which is now playing all 4k BDMV rips absolutely without any issue via its Media Manager, before it could play only Blu-Ray BDMV rips and now it can play all of them. Also they fixed the issue of when you adjust the subtitles settings and on every new play they were reverted to default state, now its all saved as it should be and you don't need to readjust it. Some UI improvement, especially around Video information and etc. Now You can jump to a specific timecode by pressing 0 button on the remote to popup timecode jump menu (very useful). Many more things they've fixed read on official firmware release:https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/downloa...McQ%3D%3D.html
If you're referencing v2.1.22, that firmware was released over a month ago... It was posted a few pages back. But yes, it was a nice update.
b curry is offline  
post #176 of 321 Old 02-20-2019, 09:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
deano86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,420
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulOfUniverse View Post
Just to let you know guys, x9s has released new firmware, which is now playing all 4k BDMV rips absolutely without any issue via its Media Manager, before it could play only Blu-Ray BDMV rips and now it can play all of them. Also they fixed the issue of when you adjust the subtitles settings and on every new play they were reverted to default state, now its all saved as it should be and you don't need to readjust it. Some UI improvement, especially around Video information and etc. Now You can jump to a specific timecode by pressing 0 button on the remote to popup timecode jump menu (very useful). Many more things they've fixed read on official firmware release:https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/downloa...McQ%3D%3D.html
Ya, this firmware has been out for a bit... but the main fix is the fantastic performance fix with no more micro stutters!

"Optimize the accuracy of 23.976 frame rate (Passed by Vertex)."

Interestingly, the specific timecode access by pressing the 0 button revision has been a source of consternation for many as they prefer the old associated function with pressing the 0 button... which immediately just went back to the beginning of the movie.
deano86 is offline  
post #177 of 321 Old 02-20-2019, 09:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MagnumX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 1,974
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Pressing zero is supposed to be based on the preference setting. It defaulted to percentage of movie (0 would restart the movie). Time is the other option. Now it does time for zero regardless which option you choose (i.e. It broke it)

I reinstalled the firmware and it still skips audio once in awhile (fraction of second maybe every third 3D movie on average).

It does seem to guess the movie better with "3D" in the title (I had to correct tons before just because 3D threw its guess off).

Drive sleep doesn't seem to like my 5TB Seagate 2.5" drives (they won't wake back up without a reboot, but that was true with the previous firmware I had as well. A WD brand drive wakes OK here when I tested it. Fortunately, the Zidoo reboots very quickly.

Click THEATER (Updated: May-22-2019) for pics: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Dialog Lift - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub; 2nd Room (Updated Apr-22-2019): 48" Plasma TV, Carver AL-III, Carver C-5 Pre-Amp, Technics SH-AC500D, Dual Carver TFM-35x Amps (Active Bi-Amp), Klipsch Surrounds ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S, LD, GameCube : Props (Updated 10-13-19)
MagnumX is online now  
post #178 of 321 Old 02-20-2019, 07:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
sharok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 924
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Can I use a 4TB WD "My Passport" (does not have an external power supply) portable USB HDD with Zidoo or does it have to have an external power supply?
sharok is offline  
post #179 of 321 Old 02-20-2019, 07:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MagnumX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 1,974
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharok View Post
Can I use a 4TB WD "My Passport" (does not have an external power supply) portable USB HDD with Zidoo or does it have to have an external power supply?
I'm using TWO 2.5" hard drives without power supplies (a Seagate 5TB and a WD 3TB). Oddly enough, the USB2 ports are fast enough for 3D movies off a hard drive (no need for a hub either).

Click THEATER (Updated: May-22-2019) for pics: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Dialog Lift - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub; 2nd Room (Updated Apr-22-2019): 48" Plasma TV, Carver AL-III, Carver C-5 Pre-Amp, Technics SH-AC500D, Dual Carver TFM-35x Amps (Active Bi-Amp), Klipsch Surrounds ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S, LD, GameCube : Props (Updated 10-13-19)
MagnumX is online now  
post #180 of 321 Old 02-28-2019, 04:07 PM
Advanced Member
 
sharok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 924
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 117
I Just received a Zidoo X9S from Amazon.
I connected it to my system and it powered on, I did the set up and I chose "Direct Stand By".

I trued off the system.

I try to power it on, but it does not power on. I see a small blue light on the LED display but nothing comes up.

Could you help me please?

I did not update the software or anything else. Just tried a 3D movie on it for 5 minutes.
But no matter what I do, It doesn't power on.

Audio: 5.1 Martin Logan Summit X (Front), ML Stage (Center), ML Script i (Surround), Paradigm Seismic 110 (Subwoofer), Emotiva XMC-1 (Processor), Anthem P5 (Amplifier)
Video: LG OLED65E6, Oppo-103, Zidoo X9S (Media Player), Darbee, (Video Processor)
sharok is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off