63Likes

post #181 of 328 Old 02-28-2019, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharok View Post
I Just received a Zidoo X9S from Amazon.
I connected it to my system and it powered on, I did the set up and I chose "Direct Stand By".

I trued off the system.

I try to power it on, but it does not power on. I see a small blue light on the LED display but nothing comes up.

Could you help me please?

I did not update the software or anything else. Just tried a 3D movie on it for 5 minutes.
But no matter what I do, It doesn't power on.
The power supplies they are shipping with these units are garbage. Mine died in less than 24 hours. If you have another one that is 12V 2A or 3A try that.

Sony BDP-S6700 (Region Free) | Dune Solo 4K | Zidoo X9S
Epson Home Cinema 3100 | Silver Ticket STR-169110 110" Screen
Yamaha RX-A770 | Chane A2.4 L-C-R | Fluance XLBP Wide Dispersion Bipolar Rears | Hsu VTF-2 MK5 Sub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 328 Old 02-28-2019, 04:21 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaNaix View Post
The power supplies they are shipping with these units are garbage. Mine died in less than 24 hours. If you have another one that is 12V 2A or 3A try that.
But there is a small blue light on.

Do you still think it could be the power supply?

Update

I tried a 12V/2Amp. Still the same. Did not work

Last edited by sharok; 02-28-2019 at 04:30 PM.
post #183 of 328 Old 02-28-2019, 04:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked: 661
Quote:
I Just received a Zidoo X9S from Amazon.
I connected it to my system and it powered on, I did the set up and I chose "Direct Stand By".

I trued off the system.

I try to power it on, but it does not power on. I see a small blue light on the LED display but nothing comes up.

Could you help me please?

I did not update the software or anything else. Just tried a 3D movie on it for 5 minutes.
But no matter what I do, It doesn't power on.
There's nothing to help. If you press the POWER button on the remote (making sure it has batteries first) and if it won't power back on, you'll have to send it back. Standby won't wake up my Seagate drive (I have to reboot; the Western Digital one wakes just fine), but fortunately, the thing reboots in like 30 seconds. But it should wake up with the power button. If it does not, it must be broken.

Click THEATER (Updated: May-22-2019) for pics: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Dialog Lift - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub; 2nd Room (Updated Apr-22-2019): 48" Plasma TV, Carver AL-III, Carver C-5 Pre-Amp, Technics SH-AC500D, Dual Carver TFM-35x Amps (Active Bi-Amp), Klipsch Surrounds ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S, LD, GameCube : Props (Updated 10-13-19)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 328 Old 02-28-2019, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Sounds like it's dead then. My first X9S from Amazon was a brick and I had to send it back. The power supply on the replacement died in less than 24 hours but I used a different one and it's still going strong.

Sony BDP-S6700 (Region Free) | Dune Solo 4K | Zidoo X9S
Epson Home Cinema 3100 | Silver Ticket STR-169110 110" Screen
Yamaha RX-A770 | Chane A2.4 L-C-R | Fluance XLBP Wide Dispersion Bipolar Rears | Hsu VTF-2 MK5 Sub
post #185 of 328 Old 02-28-2019, 07:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 1028 Post(s)
Liked: 650
Quote:
But there is a small blue light on.

Do you still think it could be the power supply?

Update

How do you have it connected to the display? Are you sure that you have the correct input selected on your display?

If you have a blue light you should have power on the unit.

At your own risk you can do a factory reset on the box. With the box turned off, use a pin, paper clip, or other small object and insert it in the restore/reset hole on the back of the unit. While holding down the reset button with the pin, turn on the box. Wait a few seconds and then remove the pin. The X9S should re-boot.

See if that works.
post #186 of 328 Old 02-28-2019, 08:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b curry View Post
How do you have it connected to the display? Are you sure that you have the correct input selected on your display?

At your own risk you can do a factory reset on the box. With the box turned off, use a pin, paper clip, or other small object and insert it in the restore/reset hole on the back of the unit. While holding down the reset button with the pin, turn on the box. Wait a few seconds and then remove the pin. The X9S should re-boot.

See if that works.
Hi b curry,
I watched a 3D movie with it for about 5 minutes. So the connections are good.

The problem is the unit does not power on at all which it should, regardless of the connection to display.

Amazon is sending me a replacement unit. I also purchased a better 12V/3A power supply.

If the unit has issues from the first day, I think it is better to replace it.

Do you use the "Direct Standby" feature? any issues with that?

Thanks again for your help.
post #187 of 328 Old 03-01-2019, 05:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi b curry,
I watched a 3D movie with it for about 5 minutes. So the connections are good.

The problem is the unit does not power on at all which it should, regardless of the connection to display.

Amazon is sending me a replacement unit. I also purchased a better 12V/3A power supply.

If the unit has issues from the first day, I think it is better to replace it.

Thanks again for your help.
Yes, I've used "Standby" but I generally have it set to "Ask Me" as there are times that I prefer to power it completely down. The unit will cold boot not quite but almost as fast as waking up from standby.

I've had an occasion where I've had to reload a firmware update a second time because it behaved a little glitchey. This was when I moved from a very early firmware to v2.0.34 Anecdotally, I've seen this same problem popup on Zidoo's forum from time to time for various firmware's. But it's easy to correct and only takes a few minutes to reload.

I have 2 X9S's and both are using the power supply's that came with them with absolutely no problem. I use one of the units both indoors and outside with our backyard theater so it gets moved around a lot and again, I've had no problems with its power supply.
post #188 of 328 Old 03-01-2019, 06:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Quote:
All that the Standby feature does is probably allow a little quicker startup, but more importantly, AFAIK, I assume it keeps the X9s live on your network for access in case you have storage attached on it that you need even if you are not directly using it. I do not need this feature so I always have it set to power off completely... and it boots up plenty quick enough for me..
post #189 of 328 Old 03-01-2019, 04:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
All that the Standby feature does is probably allow a little quicker startup, but more importantly, AFAIK, I assume it keeps the X9s live on your network for access in case you have storage attached on it that you need even if you are not directly using it. I do not need this feature so I always have it set to power off completely... and it boots up plenty quick enough for me..
Thanks. I'll do the same (just use the power off).I do not use networking. I just have two USB hard drive attached to the box.
post #190 of 328 Old 03-01-2019, 08:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks. I'll do the same (just use the power off).I do not use networking. I just have two USB hard drive attached to the box.
Keep in mind, depending on what firmware level you are on, there is a bit of a glitch in setting the Power OFF selection. Setting it in the Quick Settings menu may not hold your selection. To get your selection to take, you must hold down the power button until your power options appear on the screen and then make your preference selection here. ...
giomania likes this.
post #191 of 328 Old 03-01-2019, 09:20 PM
Advanced Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
Keep in mind, depending on what firmware level you are on, there is a bit of a glitch in setting the Power OFF selection. Setting it in the Quick Settings menu may not hold your selection. To get your selection to take, you must hold down the power button until your power options appear on the screen and then make your preference selection here. ...
Thanks for the tip
post #192 of 328 Old 03-03-2019, 11:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

See if that works.
I got the new unit.
So far so good.
Did not update the firmware and it works great. I'm not using the standby mode.

How can I change the posters on the movies?

Some are wrong, but I don't know how to change them.

Would you please help me with it?
Thanks
post #193 of 328 Old 03-03-2019, 12:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 232
read or long press and rescrape each movie. it scrapes from tvdb or tmdb or you can also do it's from the IP ui. I would recommend you read the last couple pages. of these forums most if not all your questions are answered by either myself or others. no reason to beat a dead horse. also the zidoo ht 2.0 forums may be useful to you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
post #194 of 328 Old 03-03-2019, 02:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I got the new unit.
So far so good.
Did not update the firmware and it works great. I'm not using the standby mode.

How can I change the posters on the movies?

Some are wrong, but I don't know how to change them.

Would you please help me with it?
Thanks
Move the cursor to highlight a poster that you want to change. Long press on the "OK" remote key. A pop-up will appear that allows you to edit the poster or search/rename in case it's wrong.

You can enter text with the air mouse key on the remote and the pop-up keyboard screen. It will go much faster if you connect a bluetooth key board to the X9S.

I would suggest that you up up date the firmware to v2.1.22. The newest firmware has an improved version of Home Theater 2 and it does a better job of scraping and there are a lot of additional improvements as well.

Up date firmware:

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/downloa...McQ%3D%3D.html
post #195 of 328 Old 03-05-2019, 03:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Move the cursor to highlight a poster that you want to change. Long press on the "OK" remote key. A pop-up will appear that allows you to edit the poster or search/rename in case it's wrong.

You can enter text with the air mouse key on the remote and the pop-up keyboard screen. It will go much faster if you connect a bluetooth key board to the X9S.

I would suggest that you up up date the firmware to v2.1.22. The newest firmware has an improved version of Home Theater 2 and it does a better job of scraping and there are a lot of additional improvements as well.

Up date firmware:

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/downloa...McQ%3D%3D.html
Hello again,
I updated the device to the latest firmware. Everything is OK. Hometheater 2.0 and I was able to change the poster per your instructions.
I have a couple of problems with the scan section of this device.

I have three "The God Father" movies (parts I, II, III). After scanning, I see that only two of the three were scanned and added to the home theater 2.0.
The same thing with "The Lord Of The Rings". I have the extended editions which are a total of 6 disks, but only 3 disks were scanned (Part one of each story, part two is missing).
How can I add them from USB HDD to the poster section?

Should I re-scan again? Does it even help to do that? I'm worried if I re-scan the folders again, I may lose all my image corrections which is a pain to do them all again.
post #196 of 328 Old 03-05-2019, 03:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hello again,
I updated the device to the latest firmware. Everything is OK. Hometheater 2.0 and I was able to change the poster per your instructions.

I have three "The God Father" movies (parts I, II, III). After scanning, I see that only two of the three were scanned and added to the home theater 2.0.
The same thing with "The Lord Of The Rings". I have the extended editions which are a total of 6 disks, but only 3 disks were scanned (Part one of each story, part two is missing).

Should I re-scan again? Does it even help to do that? I'm worried if I re-scan the folders again, I may lose all my image corrections which is a pain to do them all again.
Of course you can scan again! In fact, on some occasions, it will then find more titles.. so give it a shot. It will take a bit of trial and error, but you will find a folder/file naming structure that works better for scraping with Home Theater... ex: it is important to include the year of the title.... for those titles that were not scanned into Home Theater, I assume they are in the Unmatched section and you just need to edit their titles to find the correct info..
post #197 of 328 Old 03-05-2019, 04:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hello again,

Yes, you can re-scan, no problem. But I expect they are grouped together as a "collection".

The default for the scan is IMDB. It's important to match the name/title to IMDB for accuracy. There is an option to scan TMDB as well.

If it's a two disk movie, there is an option to list it as A & B or name the disk's that way if I remember correctly. So, the first disk would have an A in the title and the second a B in your file naming. I will have to look it up maybe but I think that's how it's done. I don't have any two disk movies...
post #198 of 328 Old 03-05-2019, 05:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hello again,

OK. try this.

Long press on "OK" on the remote to edit poster.

Enter the IMDB number instead of the name. God Father part II is IMDB - tt0071562

You can find the IMDB number in the https address bar. So go to IMDB and enter the name of the movie. When that movie info comes up, look at the IP address to copy/paste the number.
post #199 of 328 Old 03-05-2019, 05:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
OK. try this.

Long press on "OK" on the remote to edit poster.

Enter the IMDB number instead of the name. God Father part II is IMDB - tt0071562

You can find the IMDB number in the https address bar. So go to IMDB and enter the name of the movie. When that movie info comes up, look at the IP address to copy/paste the number.
I don't have IMDB. I have TMDB and TVDB and I use TMDB.

I cannot find the re-scan area. I go to "Source" (in this case, my easyStore USB Drive), I choose the folder, but I do not get the "Scan" option. I get a menu which has "Cut", "Delete", "Paste", ...
But I cannot find "Scan".

I apologize for bothering you all the time.

When I play a movie, the screen looks a little darker than when I play the same movie with Oppo, or Netflix. Do you see the same darkness? Did you change anything in "Picture Parameters" to match your TV?
post #200 of 328 Old 03-05-2019, 06:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yes, you can re-scan, no problem. But I expect they are grouped together as a "collection".

The default for the scan is IMDB. It's important to match the name/title to IMDB for accuracy. There is an option to scan TMDB as well.

If it's a two disk movie, there is an option to list it as A & B or name the disk's that way if I remember correctly. So, the first disk would have an A in the title and the second a B in your file naming. I will have to look it up maybe but I think that's how it's done. I don't have any two disk movies...
You were correct. A, B, C, .....
Many many thanks
I also found out how to scan again
Every thing is working great.
I'm still puzzled about my missing "IMDB". All I have are: "Intelligent", "TMDB", and "TVDB".
I have the latest firmware.

How about the picture parameters?

Did you have to change the settings at all?
post #201 of 328 Old 03-05-2019, 06:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I don't have IMDB. I have TMDB and TVDB and I use TMDB.

I cannot find the re-scan area. I go to "Source" (in this case, my easyStore USB Drive), I choose the folder, but I do not get the "Scan" option. I get a menu which has "Cut", "Delete", "Paste", ...
But I cannot find "Scan".

I apologize for bothering you all the time.

When I play a movie, the screen looks a little darker than when I play the same movie with Oppo, or Netflix. Do you see the same darkness? Did you change anything in "Picture Parameters" to match your TV?
The default is IMDB. Just enter the number in the title box. It should pull up the movie name and then click on that name and enter/search/scan. Each title has a unique number in IMDB so God Father Part III = tt0099674, God Father Part II = tt0071562, etc. The movie title is tied to the number. It even works in your PC browser, just put tt0071562 in your search engine and The God Father Part II will pop up.

It's in the poster wall. You have to select the poster then long press on "OK". Re-scan is one of the options in the edit pop-up.

Yes, depending on your display, you may have to adjust the picture parameters. Your Oppo has the same kind of adjustments.
post #202 of 328 Old 03-05-2019, 07:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
The default is IMDB. Just enter the number in the title box. It should pull up the movie name and then click on that name and enter/search/scan. Each title has a unique number in IMDB so God Father Part III = tt0099674, God Father Part II = tt0071562, etc. The movie title is tied to the number. It even works in your PC browser, just put tt0071562 in your search engine and The God Father Part II will pop up.

It's in the poster wall. You have to select the poster then long press on "OK". Re-scan is one of the options in the edit pop-up.

Yes, depending on your display, you may have to adjust the picture parameters. Your Oppo has the same kind of adjustments.

When I add a new movie to my hard drive and reconnect it to Zidoo, will Zidoo run an "Auto Scan" automatically?

Is there a way to do that without scanning the whole folder?
post #203 of 328 Old 03-05-2019, 08:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
When I add a new movie to my hard drive and reconnect it to Zidoo, will Zidoo run an "Auto Scan" automatically?

Is there a way to do that without scanning the whole folder?
Yes, just make sure to connect the HDD before you turn on the X9S.

I think it only looks for a new entry. My experience, the movie is usually scanned and complete before the page is fully populated. Assuming the title/name is correct, it will be on the page very quickly. If it's not recognized, it will be at the bottom of the page.
giomania likes this.
post #204 of 328 Old 03-05-2019, 08:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I think it only looks for a new entry. My experience, the movie is usually scanned and complete before the page is fully populated. Assuming the title/name is correct, it will be on the page very quickly. If it's not recognized, it will be at the bottom of the page.

Thanks again
post #205 of 328 Old 03-05-2019, 08:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks again
No worries!

Glad it's up and running and I hope you enjoy it. I'm pretty happy with mine since the newest firmware.

HT2 has a few quirks but once you get comfortable with it, learning curve, I think it works quite well.
post #206 of 328 Old 03-05-2019, 10:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 232
My Top Five most annoying things I find in HT 2.0. I can live with everything else that is buggy.

1. You cannot disable collections or sets. only disband after the fact. How hard would this be zidoo? Its time consuming to disband.

2. HT 2.0 desperately needs to scan media and fill in codecs and info using mediainfo during the scraping process as does almost every other media front end application out today.

3. It obviously caters to localized media so why not just include the badges for the object based formats very commonly found in UHD and even BD: Dolby Atmos and DTS-X.

4. A log/list of titles that did not scrape besides unmatched media. If anything let us change that view to list so that we may correct it on the server side of things to match on a "list view".

5. Fix the bugs in the webui, and allow more customization with tags filters etc.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
post #207 of 328 Old 03-06-2019, 05:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

ZDMC can easily handle those things. I don't know of any player that can detect Atmos or X meta data so far.
giomania likes this.

Click THEATER (Updated: May-22-2019) for pics: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Dialog Lift - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub; 2nd Room (Updated Apr-22-2019): 48" Plasma TV, Carver AL-III, Carver C-5 Pre-Amp, Technics SH-AC500D, Dual Carver TFM-35x Amps (Active Bi-Amp), Klipsch Surrounds ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S, LD, GameCube : Props (Updated 10-13-19)
post #208 of 328 Old 03-06-2019, 06:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

+1... and if you wish you can switch it so that Home Theater only scans for new titles when you want.... and not immediately upon opening of it. Go into your Home Theater settings to toggle this...

Last edited by deano86; 03-06-2019 at 06:37 AM.
post #209 of 328 Old 03-06-2019, 09:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Theater 2.0 recognizes DTS-HD here regardless of naming. I wish Kodi would take an (Atmos) label. I have to manually add that to the movie name so I can remember (True-HD doesn't cut it).

post #210 of 328 Old 03-07-2019, 05:34 AM
Advanced Member

I ripped all my movies using "makemkv" which include subtitles.
When I play them in Zidoo, they all play with subtitles and I have to turn it off in each movie.
Is there any way to change the default setting to "No Subtitle"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page