Zidoo X9S - Page 9 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 54Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #241 of 312 Old 05-01-2019, 05:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
sharok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 916
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumX View Post
When I originally put "3D" on the names of movies (previous firmware version), Zidoo got dozens wrong (the 3D part through it off completely and I had to hand fix them one by one). As of the last firmware update (which may have been several since it came out), they seemed to have fixed that.
I have no issues with Zidoo differentiating 3D movies. Zidoo recognizes all of them with no problem.

My issue is with children movies.

Audio: 5.1 Martin Logan Summit X (Front), ML Stage (Center), ML Script i (Surround), Paradigm Seismic 110 (Subwoofer), Emotiva XMC-1 (Processor), Anthem P5 (Amplifier)
Video: LG OLED65E6, Oppo-103, Zidoo X9S (Media Player), Darbee, (Video Processor)
sharok is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #242 of 312 Old 05-01-2019, 06:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MagnumX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 1,809
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1049 Post(s)
Liked: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharok View Post
I have no issues with Zidoo differentiating 3D movies. Zidoo recognizes all of them with no problem.

My issue is with children movies.
Sorry, I don't really get what the problem is. Do you want to hide the children movies? Hide the other movies from view from children using it? What, exactly? Once it finds the movie, it KNOWS what 'genre' they are. I don't know that it's set up to quarantine kids movies into separate listings, however. But then I've never had to worry about that as I have no children. I think KODI can lock out different directories/sources based on access (separate logins for kids/adults with their own movie listings) so you might be able to set something up with ZDMC (not sure if it's fully functional). If you just want them in separate access areas certainly you could set ZDMC to only access kids movies from the "files" area and not add them to the main "movies" listing.

Click THEATER (Updated: May-22-2019) for pics: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Dialog Lift - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub; 2nd Room (Updated Apr-22-2019): 48" Plasma TV, Carver AL-III, Carver C-5 Pre-Amp, Technics SH-AC500D, Dual Carver TFM-35x Amps (Active Bi-Amp), Klipsch Surrounds ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S, LD, GameCube : Props (Updated 7-5-19)
MagnumX is online now  
post #243 of 312 Old 05-01-2019, 06:25 PM
Advanced Member
 
sharok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 916
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumX View Post
Sorry, I don't really get what the problem is. Do you want to hide the children movies? Hide the other movies from view from children using it? What, exactly? Once it finds the movie, it KNOWS what 'genre' they are. I don't know that it's set up to quarantine kids movies into separate listings, however. But then I've never had to worry about that as I have no children. I think KODI can lock out different directories/sources based on access (separate logins for kids/adults with their own movie listings) so you might be able to set something up with ZDMC (not sure if it's fully functional). If you just want them in separate access areas certainly you could set ZDMC to only access kids movies from the "files" area and not add them to the main "movies" listing.
When you use Home Theater 2.0, you see the poster wall with all the movie images on it. When you to the most left side, you'll get a vertical list:
For example:
All
4K
3D
Children
recently watched
recently Added
....
When I choose "3D" in that list, it shows my 3D movies only.
But when I choose "Children", it shows all the movies and does not show just the children movies.


I don't know how to make HT2 show children movie posters only.

Audio: 5.1 Martin Logan Summit X (Front), ML Stage (Center), ML Script i (Surround), Paradigm Seismic 110 (Subwoofer), Emotiva XMC-1 (Processor), Anthem P5 (Amplifier)
Video: LG OLED65E6, Oppo-103, Zidoo X9S (Media Player), Darbee, (Video Processor)
sharok is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #244 of 312 Old 05-01-2019, 06:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MagnumX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 1,809
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1049 Post(s)
Liked: 571
I tried an Internet search and someone asked that on the Zidoo forums. No reply. I doubt if hardly anyone knows how it works. If they do, they aren't sharing.

Click THEATER (Updated: May-22-2019) for pics: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Dialog Lift - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub; 2nd Room (Updated Apr-22-2019): 48" Plasma TV, Carver AL-III, Carver C-5 Pre-Amp, Technics SH-AC500D, Dual Carver TFM-35x Amps (Active Bi-Amp), Klipsch Surrounds ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S, LD, GameCube : Props (Updated 7-5-19)
MagnumX is online now  
post #245 of 312 Old 05-01-2019, 06:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
sharok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 916
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumX View Post
I tried an Internet search and someone asked that on the Zidoo forums. No reply. I doubt if hardly anyone knows how it works. If they do, they aren't sharing.
Thanks again for looking into it.

Audio: 5.1 Martin Logan Summit X (Front), ML Stage (Center), ML Script i (Surround), Paradigm Seismic 110 (Subwoofer), Emotiva XMC-1 (Processor), Anthem P5 (Amplifier)
Video: LG OLED65E6, Oppo-103, Zidoo X9S (Media Player), Darbee, (Video Processor)
sharok is offline  
post #246 of 312 Old 05-01-2019, 06:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MagnumX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 1,809
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1049 Post(s)
Liked: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharok View Post
Thanks again for looking into it.
You could try some other file labels, maybe (like "kids" or "family" or something). The Zidoo is made in an Asian country; they don't always translate things evenly or consistently.

Click THEATER (Updated: May-22-2019) for pics: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Dialog Lift - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub; 2nd Room (Updated Apr-22-2019): 48" Plasma TV, Carver AL-III, Carver C-5 Pre-Amp, Technics SH-AC500D, Dual Carver TFM-35x Amps (Active Bi-Amp), Klipsch Surrounds ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S, LD, GameCube : Props (Updated 7-5-19)
MagnumX is online now  
post #247 of 312 Old 05-01-2019, 07:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
deano86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,391
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharok View Post
When you use Home Theater 2.0, you see the poster wall with all the movie images on it. When you to the most left side, you'll get a vertical list:
For example:
All
4K
3D
Children
recently watched
recently Added
....
When I choose "3D" in that list, it shows my 3D movies only.
But when I choose "Children", it shows all the movies and does not show just the children movies.


I don't know how to make HT2 show children movie posters only.
I believe it works by only showing movies that you "haven't" locked....when you lock them, they are unavailable for children....
deano86 is offline  
post #248 of 312 Old 05-01-2019, 07:17 PM
Advanced Member
 
sharok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 916
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
I believe it works by only showing movies that you "haven't" locked....when you lock them, they are unavailable for children....
Thanks. That is a pain. I quit

Audio: 5.1 Martin Logan Summit X (Front), ML Stage (Center), ML Script i (Surround), Paradigm Seismic 110 (Subwoofer), Emotiva XMC-1 (Processor), Anthem P5 (Amplifier)
Video: LG OLED65E6, Oppo-103, Zidoo X9S (Media Player), Darbee, (Video Processor)
sharok is offline  
post #249 of 312 Old 05-01-2019, 07:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MagnumX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 1,809
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1049 Post(s)
Liked: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
I believe it works by only showing movies that you "haven't" locked....when you lock them, they are unavailable for children....
Boy, that could be a LOT of movies to have to mark compared to relatively few for children. They need a "Reverse" select thingy there.....

Click THEATER (Updated: May-22-2019) for pics: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Dialog Lift - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub; 2nd Room (Updated Apr-22-2019): 48" Plasma TV, Carver AL-III, Carver C-5 Pre-Amp, Technics SH-AC500D, Dual Carver TFM-35x Amps (Active Bi-Amp), Klipsch Surrounds ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S, LD, GameCube : Props (Updated 7-5-19)
MagnumX is online now  
post #250 of 312 Old 05-02-2019, 04:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
deano86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,391
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Yes! I agree... lol! Although, I actually use ZDMC for the kids shows for the most part anyway....and HT2 is for mine.
deano86 is offline  
post #251 of 312 Old 05-05-2019, 04:42 AM
Member
 
leonkoum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: GREECE
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 15
New FW v2.1.25

Since v2.1.24 changes
System
1. Optimized system stability.

Launcher
1.Fixed occasional no focal spot problem of User Interface

Home Theater
1.Added function that loading external devices automatically and automatic scanning switch .
2. Fixed the problem that the post wall will match failed when stopped scanning manually.
3.Added Focus looping function of left navigation list in setting interface
4.Added Blu-ray navigation select box for match-failed movies
5 Changed some UI of device interface
6. Fixed the invalid automatic update of background
7. Added function that importing previous setting after date cleared
8.Fixed possible program exception error caused by cancel collection.
9.Optimized searching way that the post wall will continue matching by first letter, and will show the movie with high matching degree first
10.Fixed virtual Key Layout of searching interface.
11.Fixed date no update when NFO matched films rematched to be TMDB films .
12.Fixed invalidation problem of INFO key and POP key in third layout of main interface.
13.Fixed the black line showed in the right part of the too long headline in second layout of main interface.
14.Optimized matching accuracy of post wall
15.Optimized interface display of main interface’ left pane .

Music
1.Optimized accuracy of matching .
2.Optimized stability .
3.Optimized SACD matching and added matching of info files.
4.Added matching function of album.
6.Optimized analysis of album related information.
7. Optimized music player stability
8. Optimized date analysis.

Quick setting
1. Added function of locking resolution
2. Added 1080P23 and 4K23 resolution options
3.Added play modes setting .

Player
1.Added function that when showing video information the movie will continue playing.

Blu-Ray Navigation
1. Optimized accuracy of Blu-Ray Navigation

HDMI IN
1.Added sustaining record function when HDMI output turned off.

Model:ZIDOO_X9S
Version:v2.1.25
VideoGrabber and giomania like this.

Klipsch & Denon always!!!
leonkoum is offline  
post #252 of 312 Old 05-05-2019, 03:04 PM
Senior Member
 
rondi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 376
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Good to see Zidoo is still supporting this product.
I am still without a real media player but I think I'm gonna buy this one. I am currently using my Panny 820 to stream.
I am currently only interesting in streaming from my NAS with BD or DVD mkv files or Iso. I don't care about HT2 and the wall.
But I want:
1. BD Menu in ISO Not sure about UHD menus.
I want the below items in mkv files.
2. Forced subs-- Only English language subs as they would play using a BD/DVD.
3. Chapter markers aka skip to next
4. pass Atmos, I assume IMax will play too (my Denon x6500 has been updated for IMax)
5. auto frame rate switching or locking X9s frame rate to 23.976
6. accurate frame rate of 23.976 which as I recall fixed 3 releases ago
7. auto switching of bt.709 and bt.2020

With todays new update--are all the above fixed or which ones are not?
tia,
Ron

JVC RS600, 110"d StudioTek 130, Panny 820 4k Player, Denon AVR-X6500H, 5.2.4 DIY Sound Group speakers, Crown XLS 2502 Sub amp,
rondi is offline  
post #253 of 312 Old 05-05-2019, 04:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MagnumX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 1,809
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1049 Post(s)
Liked: 571
What would be nice is if they'd fix ZDMC to run at perfect frame rates and enable KODI to run at them too (both seem to be an issue).

Click THEATER (Updated: May-22-2019) for pics: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Dialog Lift - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub; 2nd Room (Updated Apr-22-2019): 48" Plasma TV, Carver AL-III, Carver C-5 Pre-Amp, Technics SH-AC500D, Dual Carver TFM-35x Amps (Active Bi-Amp), Klipsch Surrounds ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S, LD, GameCube : Props (Updated 7-5-19)
MagnumX is online now  
post #254 of 312 Old 05-05-2019, 05:04 PM
Advanced Member
 
sharok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 916
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonkoum View Post
New FW v2.1.25

Since v2.1.24 changes
System
1. Optimized system stability.

Launcher
1.Fixed occasional no focal spot problem of User Interface

Home Theater
1.Added function that loading external devices automatically and automatic scanning switch .
2. Fixed the problem that the post wall will match failed when stopped scanning manually.
3.Added Focus looping function of left navigation list in setting interface
4.Added Blu-ray navigation select box for match-failed movies
5 Changed some UI of device interface
6. Fixed the invalid automatic update of background
7. Added function that importing previous setting after date cleared
8.Fixed possible program exception error caused by cancel collection.
9.Optimized searching way that the post wall will continue matching by first letter, and will show the movie with high matching degree first
10.Fixed virtual Key Layout of searching interface.
11.Fixed date no update when NFO matched films rematched to be TMDB films .
12.Fixed invalidation problem of INFO key and POP key in third layout of main interface.
13.Fixed the black line showed in the right part of the too long headline in second layout of main interface.
14.Optimized matching accuracy of post wall
15.Optimized interface display of main interface’ left pane .

Music
1.Optimized accuracy of matching .
2.Optimized stability .
3.Optimized SACD matching and added matching of info files.
4.Added matching function of album.
6.Optimized analysis of album related information.
7. Optimized music player stability
8. Optimized date analysis.

Quick setting
1. Added function of locking resolution
2. Added 1080P23 and 4K23 resolution options
3.Added play modes setting .

Player
1.Added function that when showing video information the movie will continue playing.

Blu-Ray Navigation
1. Optimized accuracy of Blu-Ray Navigation

HDMI IN
1.Added sustaining record function when HDMI output turned off.

Model:ZIDOO_X9S
Version:v2.1.25
Where can I download this firmware?
It is not under downloads when I check zidoo.tv

Audio: 5.1 Martin Logan Summit X (Front), ML Stage (Center), ML Script i (Surround), Paradigm Seismic 110 (Subwoofer), Emotiva XMC-1 (Processor), Anthem P5 (Amplifier)
Video: LG OLED65E6, Oppo-103, Zidoo X9S (Media Player), Darbee, (Video Processor)
sharok is offline  
post #255 of 312 Old 05-05-2019, 05:30 PM
Senior Member
 
rondi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 376
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharok View Post
Where can I download this firmware?
It is not under downloads when I check zidoo.tv
I just checked--it's there
http://apidl.zidoo.tv/X9S/v2.1.25/ZI...301225-ota.zip

just in case you this again--- go here: http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?foru...e-releases.37/

So now I helped you--up 2 posts find my post about what is fixed and what isn't. Could you check that for me please?

Ron

JVC RS600, 110"d StudioTek 130, Panny 820 4k Player, Denon AVR-X6500H, 5.2.4 DIY Sound Group speakers, Crown XLS 2502 Sub amp,
rondi is offline  
post #256 of 312 Old 05-05-2019, 07:40 PM
Advanced Member
 
sharok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 916
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondi View Post
I just checked--it's there
http://apidl.zidoo.tv/X9S/v2.1.25/ZI...301225-ota.zip

just in case you this again--- go here: http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?foru...e-releases.37/

So now I helped you--up 2 posts find my post about what is fixed and what isn't. Could you check that for me please?

Ron
Hi Ron,


Many thanks for the link.


I checked the Zidoo community regarding this new firmware.



I pass on this firmware for the time being. A user started having problem with this firmware after he downloaded it (just like Z9/10 new firmware) and there is nothing in this firmware that I really need.
I use Zidoo for Bluray and DVD only and I have no issues with them.
The only feature I was looking for was to be able to separate children movies which this firmware does't solve.


Thanks but no thanks. Until more reviews show up for this firmware.

Audio: 5.1 Martin Logan Summit X (Front), ML Stage (Center), ML Script i (Surround), Paradigm Seismic 110 (Subwoofer), Emotiva XMC-1 (Processor), Anthem P5 (Amplifier)
Video: LG OLED65E6, Oppo-103, Zidoo X9S (Media Player), Darbee, (Video Processor)
sharok is offline  
post #257 of 312 Old 05-20-2019, 10:26 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello all,

I have had my Zidoo X9S for a few months now and cannot seem to figure out how to correct a problem. I stream my moves in MKV format over a wired NFS server. The share I am streaming has over 55 movies however home theatre 2 only shows the first 10 no matter how many times I scan. Media center also only picks up the first 10. All files are stored as movie name.MKV so the format is not the problem. When I first got the Zidoo, it showed all 55 so something has changed, but I have not been able to figure out what. This is very frustrating so any help you can give would be most appreciated!!!!
Michaell479 is offline  
post #258 of 312 Old 05-20-2019, 06:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
deano86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,391
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaell479 View Post
Hello all,

I have had my Zidoo X9S for a few months now and cannot seem to figure out how to correct a problem. I stream my moves in MKV format over a wired NFS server. The share I am streaming has over 55 movies however home theatre 2 only shows the first 10 no matter how many times I scan. Media center also only picks up the first 10. All files are stored as movie name.MKV so the format is not the problem. When I first got the Zidoo, it showed all 55 so something has changed, but I have not been able to figure out what. This is very frustrating so any help you can give would be most appreciated!!!!
Curious as to what happens when you use an SMB share instead? I have never needed to use the NFS protocol as my SMB performance has always been rock solid...Otherwise, it sure seems like a weird permission or setting issue has cropped up with your NAS? I assume you also have tried rebooting your NAS?
deano86 is offline  
post #259 of 312 Old 05-21-2019, 04:24 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
Curious as to what happens when you use an SMB share instead? I have never needed to use the NFS protocol as my SMB performance has always been rock solid...Otherwise, it sure seems like a weird permission or setting issue has cropped up with your NAS? I assume you also have tried rebooting your NAS?
I have never had good luck with SMB so no, I have not tried it to solve this issue. Yes, I have rebooted the NAS.
Michaell479 is offline  
post #260 of 312 Old 05-21-2019, 08:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MagnumX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 1,809
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1049 Post(s)
Liked: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
Curious as to what happens when you use an SMB share instead? I have never needed to use the NFS protocol as my SMB performance has always been rock solid...Otherwise, it sure seems like a weird permission or setting issue has cropped up with your NAS? I assume you also have tried rebooting your NAS?
The problem is Zidoo doesn't support SMB3. It's using SMB1. That's BAD (for security among other things including it won't play nice with Macs, etc.) and even Windows 10 wants an end to SMB1. Thus, it's hard to get SMB to work on newer computers without installing some old version of SMB or whatever that makes your computer vulnerable. NFS seems to work better, but only the "wall" interface will see my NFS drives correctly. IF it tries to play a movie from ZDMC from NFS, it gets confused (and using refresh rate sync doesn't work as well from "full" KODI as the main 'theater' interface either). It'd be nice if these things would be fixed as it is the primary thing holding Zidoo back from ruling the world as the BEST media box out there, IMO.
giomania likes this.

Click THEATER (Updated: May-22-2019) for pics: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Dialog Lift - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub; 2nd Room (Updated Apr-22-2019): 48" Plasma TV, Carver AL-III, Carver C-5 Pre-Amp, Technics SH-AC500D, Dual Carver TFM-35x Amps (Active Bi-Amp), Klipsch Surrounds ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S, LD, GameCube : Props (Updated 7-5-19)
MagnumX is online now  
post #261 of 312 Old 05-21-2019, 01:10 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
The most frustrating part is, it did work just fine. Something has changed and I have not been able to figure out what it is.
Michaell479 is offline  
post #262 of 312 Old 06-07-2019, 11:41 AM
Member
 
Floydo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Help! HT (ver 1.8.9) database is a mess in my X9S (corrected)....I think I need to delete it and start over, but the question is how. Do I just clear the databases, and rescan the sources, or do I need to factory reset the unit completely then re-set up the network, apps shares, etc? (hope not) Or?

History

Was at firmware 2.0.34 that thought most movies were scanned and fixed via renaming adding year, rematching using imdb (mix of mkvs, vobs, mp4s, avis) in several local directories. Coming from popcorn hour used naming per various guides for directories and file names (vobs in movie name (year)\video\) Updated to 2.1.22 then in menu had HT manually re-scan. Result was going from over 400 poster wall items to 312 and from a couple unmatched movies (in directories) to 148 unmatched mostly vobs! Didn't know how to "match" a vob..so did a database restore and got back to 391 posters, and 44 unmatched vobs and a few mkvs...but also found in the poster wall movies with missing vobs, or the wrong vob in a mkv movie. one movie with over 100vobs from various movies...weird....
Plus the 2.1.22 seems to be scanning constantly...so now there is new firmware, and I feel that I need to make the jump to 2.1.25 which is reported to have HT ver 2.28.



So the question is what is the best approach? Easiest would be to, update firmware, delete databases and start over, but looking for suggestions!
Thanks,


Update: After spending much time wandering zidoo and other resources, resolved the issue:
Updated HT app (thanks to a zidoo forum post that linked it).

Deleted .HomeTheater files

Cleared app

Scanned. The new version works much better at scraping, only had to tweak about 3% of the movies and they were fixed. New app is also much better at collections and sorting/combining stray vobs....No need for Zidoo reset. Hope this may help someone else that may have a similar issue.

Last edited by Floydo; 06-09-2019 at 06:38 AM.
Floydo is offline  
post #263 of 312 Old 06-08-2019, 05:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
deano86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,391
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floydo View Post
Help! HT (ver 1.8.9) database is a mess in my Z9S....I think I need to delete it and start over, but the question is how. Do I just clear the databases, and rescan the sources, or do I need to factory reset the unit completely then re-set up the network, apps shares, etc? (hope not) Or?

History

Was at firmware 2.0.34 that thought most movies were scanned and fixed via renaming adding year, rematching using imdb (mix of mkvs, vobs, mp4s, avis) in several local directories. Coming from popcorn hour used naming per various guides for directories and file names (vobs in movie name (year)\video\) Updated to 2.1.22 then in menu had HT manually re-scan. Result was going from over 400 poster wall items to 312 and from a couple unmatched movies (in directories) to 148 unmatched mostly vobs! Didn't know how to "match" a vob..so did a database restore and got back to 391 posters, and 44 unmatched vobs and a few mkvs...but also found in the poster wall movies with missing vobs, or the wrong vob in a mkv movie. one movie with over 100vobs from various movies...weird....
Plus the 2.1.22 seems to be scanning constantly...so now there is new firmware, and I feel that I need to make the jump to 2.1.25 which is reported to have HT ver 2.28.



So the question is what is the best approach? Easiest would be to, update firmware, delete databases and start over, but looking for suggestions!
Thanks,
You probably want to post this in the actual Z9s thread and not this .... the X9s thread.... due to the fact that they do use totally different firmwares....although they both use the same HT2 app....
deano86 is offline  
post #264 of 312 Old 06-08-2019, 07:44 AM
Member
 
Floydo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
You probably want to post this in the actual Z9s thread and not this .... the X9s thread.... due to the fact that they do use totally different firmwares....although they both use the same HT2 app....



My bad, I will post over there, but I meant X9S..... I corrected my post.
The forum here seems a bit more active, so any suggestions for my X9S would be welcome other than the total reset hammer solution.....
Floydo is offline  
post #265 of 312 Old 06-11-2019, 02:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 9,061
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4563 Post(s)
Liked: 3328
Where can i find the location to download Home Theater 2.0 for my just acquired X9S?
audioguy is online now  
post #266 of 312 Old 06-11-2019, 02:42 PM
QuadMersed in bass!
 
giomania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 3,828
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 600 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
Where can i find the location to download Home Theater 2.0 for my just acquired X9S?


It’s included in the firmware updates; most recent is linked in post #255 above:

Zidoo X9S
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...0&share_type=t




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
giomania is online now  
post #267 of 312 Old 06-11-2019, 05:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 9,061
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4563 Post(s)
Liked: 3328
So I download the file, place on a thumb drive and insert into the Zidoo? Do I unzip first?
audioguy is online now  
post #268 of 312 Old 06-11-2019, 06:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
deano86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,391
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
So I download the file, place on a thumb drive and insert into the Zidoo? Do I unzip first?
NO....leave the zip file alone, put it on a USB stick... Here is a link to the procedure....

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/guide/g...z%2Bdw%3D.html
deano86 is offline  
post #269 of 312 Old 06-12-2019, 06:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
deano86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,391
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
I did the download, put the file on a USB stick, but when I try an update (per the instructions) the Zidoo doesn't see the USB.
is the USB stick formatted properly? Can you browse to your USB even using the media center app? Did you try the other USB 2.0 port?
deano86 is offline  
post #270 of 312 Old 06-12-2019, 06:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 9,061
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4563 Post(s)
Liked: 3328
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
is the USB stick formatted properly? Can you browse to your USB even using the media center app? Did you try the other USB 2.0 port?
I reformatted the USB and now it sees it. The file is ota.zip.part. Does the "part" imply I don't have the complete download?

Also, when I try to open the file, it asks what I want to open it with (e.g. Chrome, etc). Is that what should happen and if so, what do I use to open it with?
audioguy is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off