AVS Forum banner

Zidoo X9S

62K views 384 replies 58 participants last post by  2B. 
#1 ·
#3 · (Edited)
Their support guys said it does Netflix, Amazon, etc. Not sure in what capacity. But they said you can install the apps from Google Store.

" The last good Realtek-based player I had was Mede8er's X3D series, based on RTD1186."

I have the 800X3D.

Need to clarify the Amazon, Netflix, etc., issue.

#5 · (Edited)
Thanks Wayne. Its been a little confusing as some have said the Google apps won't load due to the Android version, I'm not an Android guy, on these units. Both only playing in SD is interesting. That seems to me as if they are only sorta working not fully working.

The pictures on Amazon show the Amazon app. We've seen many of these droid mass pushed boxes say they support this or that app and come to find out they do "wink wink" sorta. I'm not going down the "wink wink" road again.

Looks like a decent product as a media player, probably not an app streamer though. They better be careful, imho, about creating expectations.

Amazon now has the X8 for preorder. Amazon app icon quite prominent.

#6 ·
http://mediaplayers.gr/zidoo-x9s/

Looks like it is quite good with Full Blu Ray playback and gigabit lan.
Perhaps only a VXP processor is missing to compete with Dune and Cloudmedia

#8 ·
Speculation Meder8er is planning on a Realtek RTD1295 based product. Would not recommend buying anything until that is made clear one way or the other.

#11 ·
Hello All,

I'm not an expert

I make a review of what I see with my eyes

-----------------

I do a new review with the Fw 1.4.6.

The problem with multimedia boxes testing is that the tests on the website or on the forums are done with a box and FW who are still young and full of bugs, so it is good to do a review a few months later to see the progress.

-----------------

For those interested, here is the link:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/zidoo-x9s-quick-review-fw-1-4-6.5469/

----------------

have nice day

#17 · (Edited)
I see the Zidoo x10 comes in a newer white box with a fancy backlit remote that's a huge step up from the old one. Can you buy the new backlit remote separate, and will it work 100% with the x9s just like the x10?

If I do go with the Zidoo, I'm not sure if I'd go with the x9s or the x10. The x9s is cheaper but I love the new remote with the x10. I'm wondering if I can just buy the x9s and add the new remote? I also have no idea where to buy the x10 from since Amazon doesn't list it. Amazon.uk won't ship it to the US. Any recommendations on where to buy?

Edit: I sent Ziddo an email. I'm waiting for a reply. Their site links to Amazon to purchase but both the x9s and the x10 say unavailable.

#18 · (Edited)
Can anyone comment on whether the X9s ships with the new remote now from Amazon? There's an image here:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/is-zidoo-shipping-a-new-remote.5111/

that shows the xs9 with the new remote. Where could I buy the x9s with the new remote from the US?

A Jan 2018 review from another online shop shows images from his purchase and it's the old remote.

#20 ·
Hello, I am thinking about getting a x9s in lieu of waiting on the Dune. However, I somewhat hesitant because I have a Zidoo X7 and it will not play any of my 4K HDR movies in HDR even though it claims to support HDR. My Zappiti plays them just fine. A few questions: Does the x9s play HDR movies in HDR? Does the x9s have a sort feature by date - in other words I can sort movies in a folder by date, name, size, type of file, etc,. Thanks!

#21 ·
The X9S plays all my 4K HDR movies (in HDR) without any problem. Recent updates have improved many aspects of the player including scraping movies and TV shows. I was thinking about the new Dune but really can't see the point after the most recent Zidoo updates. Here's a screen shot of the sort page which I hope helps.

Hello, I am thinking about getting a x9s in lieu of waiting on the Dune. However, I somewhat hesitant because I have a Zidoo X7 and it will not play any of my 4K HDR movies in HDR even though it claims to support HDR. My Zappiti plays them just fine. A few questions: Does the x9s play HDR movies in HDR? Does the x9s have a sort feature by date - in other words I can sort movies in a folder by date, name, size, type of file, etc,. Thanks!

Attachments

#25 ·
The stuttering was said to be fixed in the latest FW... But the stuttering is still very much alive. As is the banding!

Seamless Branching will never be fixed...

I didn't get a direct response about the repair of forced subtitles. But I'm guessing it won't be repaired either.

The black screen flash during resolution or frame rate changes has been there since the beginning. It's really annoying to me.

The DVD resolution is a new bug... (It started a few FW back) not sure it is a high priority.

Most of the newest FW updates were to improve the home theater app... I'm more interested in quality playback.

Here is the newest thread about the newest FW update... It's not very pretty to read... http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/new-firmware-v2-0-25-version-for-zidoo-x9s-release.8887/

#26 ·
The stuttering was said to be fixed in the latest FW... But the stuttering is still very much alive. As is the banding!

Seamless Branching will never be fixed...

I didn't get a direct response about the repair of forced subtitles. But I'm guessing it won't be repaired either.

The black screen flash during resolution or frame rate changes has been there since the beginning. It's really annoying to me.

The DVD resolution is a new bug... (It started a few FW back) not sure it is a high priority.

Most of the newest FW updates were to improve the home theater app... I'm more interested in quality playback.

Here is the newest thread about the newest FW update... It's not very pretty to read... http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/new-firmware-v2-0-25-version-for-zidoo-x9s-release.8887/
Thanks!

#30 ·
Please expand on "NO FORCED SUBTITLE SUPPORT!".

With my old WD TV Live, I could add a subtitle file and played it by naming the same file name. Is that considered "FORCED"? About 20% of the movies/TV I watched are foreign.

TIA.

#32 ·
Newest firmware available: v2.0.34 released on July 19, 2018

Change log -

System
1. Fixed the problem that the bluetooth will turn on automatically when starting up
2. Fixed the color exception of HDMI IN recording
3. Fixed random crash problem when playback video
4. Repairing playback 4K HDR and 10bit output, some TVs have minor color banding problems
5. Fixed the original blu-ray disc audio drop problem of individual special playlists (Seamless Branching )
6. Added the function of disk dormancy
7. Repair the HDMI output mute switch
8. Optimized system stability

Wall poster
1. Added children lock dynamic locking function
2. Modified child lock description
3. Fixed the problem that the rating of individual films cannot be obtained
4. Added the mandatory password change function (set - child lock interface, focus on the unlock button, and then press "menu 21000" to page out password change interface)
5. Optimization matching (for example, speed and passion 1 match to 10)
6. Added the "mark as seen" function
7. Added batch operation functions for collection, viewing records and unwatched categories
8. Solved the problem that douban cannot get stills photos
9. Adjust the welcome screen UI
10. The main interface does not match the classification to increase the batch deletion function
11. Fixed the problem that whether the network equipment is connected or not and judge the error
12. Repair the problem that the equipment cannot be connected normally after starting up occasionally
13. Optimized memory footprint and improve fluency
14. Added edit mode
15. Fixed the problem that the poster interface of the children's zone was not refreshed
16. Added page turning function (page turning key or number 2 and number 8) to the main interface
17. Video number and matching success data information are added to the device interface
18. Device management interface adds scanning progress prompt
19. Fixed the problem of missing unmatched video caused by manual stop scanning
20. Repair the problem of matching Douban dual flashback
21. Added corner mark
22. The optimization of the UI

Player
1. Fixed the problem that video did not close when playing, press the HOME button video
2. Download the subtitle interface to add the film name prompt
3. The default mode of playback is all cyclic playback
4. Optimized subtitle display
5. Optimized subtitle download and increase the matching success rate
6. Optimized the subtitle adjustment interface
7. Optimized playback stability

Blu-ray navigation
1. Synchronized the subtitles of local players

The control center
1.Fixed some translations

Music player
1. Modified the issue of SACD audio crash in the playback part
2. Modified and open the music player when starting up the machine to play SACD music, and the problem of playing SACD music needs to be selected twice
3. Increased the playback SACD audio sampling rate to 176.4Khz
4. Solved the problem that SACD cannot play the next song

File manager
1. Solved the problem of too long loading time into the list interface
2. Fixed the flash back problem of SMB password with special characters
3. Selected video file to open by default
4. Solved the problem that video cannot select the hard disk directory

Quick settings
1. Added SACD audio processing switch
2. Added HDD sleep function
3. Fixed HDMI output mute switch

There is a newer firmware available (v2.1.1.1), with no change log posted, that can be accessed via "How to flash the Zidoo X9S" page under support.

You can find v2.1.1.1 here:

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/support_guide/guide_target/7WjcmduqUFZKKmVViAFMcQ==.html

Zidoo has indicated that there will be a new firmware release in the near future.

#34 ·
Anyone able to load YouTube TV to this box with Android 6.0 yet? I went to a mirror site to DL an APK but the app won't open. TIA.

#36 ·
I just got the x9s and am liking it so far. I have a couple of questions that I can't figure out.

1. Do most people use the installed Home Theater 2.0 app or something else? If you use something else what do you use and why do you use that over the installed Home Theater 2.0?

2. I noticed on some of the screen shots that the detailed movie screen has information like resolution, bit rate, color space, audio type etc. All I see on the bottom of my movie play screen is MKV. Is this something I can add or will I only see it with another file type of another player?

3. How the heck do I fast forward and rewind?

4. Is there any way to see chapters with thumbnails? This is available in plex but I don't se it here.

#37 · (Edited)
I just got the x9s and am liking it so far. I have a couple of questions that I can't figure out.

2. I noticed on some of the screen shots that the detailed movie screen has information like resolution, bit rate, color space, audio type etc. All I see on the bottom of my movie play screen is MKV. Is this something I can add or will I only see it with another file type of another player?

3. How the heck do I fast forward and rewind?

4. Is there any way to see chapters with thumbnails? This is available in plex but I don't se it here.
2. If the screenshots are something I posted.... And have a green text overlay... That info is from an HDFury Vertex.

3. To fast forward and rewind... I press the buttons next to the OK button.

4. Don't think so.

Be sure to check out the Zidoo forum at...
http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?forums/zidoo-x9s.23/

#40 ·
Does anyone know how to move an installed app (say Kodi) up from the bottom row of small icons up to the top portion of the screen and make it a large icon preferably replacing something like the home theater 2.0 icon?
Sure... Highlight the large icon you would like to change... Hold the ok button until you get a pop up of available apps... Select Kodi if that is the one you would prefer. That's it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.