***Official*** Google Chromecast ULTRA owner's thread - Page 24 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 542Likes

post #691 of 1169 Old 09-06-2017, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1689 Post(s)
Liked: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lineproduct View Post
Videos from the HDR Channel look great through my TV's native app. All HDR videos do. The same ones through the CCU all look washed out.

No issues at all with motion.
Do you have a setting on the HDMI input where the CCU resides that is something like "enhanced?" If so, bet sure it is set to enhanced.
Musician likes this.

Sony XBR75X940C & XBR65A1E Samsung UBD K8500
My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps(Video), My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps, My non-HDR and HDR Settings, Setting HDMI to show no overscan
Sony XBR75X940C, Samsung UBD K8500, Roku Ultra, DirecTV RVU and C61K, Chromecast Ultra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 1169 Old 09-06-2017, 08:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Quoted: 2629 Post(s)
Liked: 5165
Quote:
Videos from the HDR Channel look great through my TV's native app. All HDR videos do. The same ones through the CCU all look washed out.

No issues at all with motion.
Likewise no issues with motion either but the fact that HDR videos played through your TV built-in app look great while through the CCU they look washed out would lead me to suggest that whatever HDMI port you have it plugged into is not HDMI 2.0a -- the "a" version being what you need to display HDR correctly otherwise it will look washed out.

Also, it could have something to do with a picture setting. For example on the 2014/2015 Samsung TVs HDMI UHD Color needs to be turned ON.

Samsung UN78HU9000 & SEK-3500U/ZA - Firmware 1540.3
Samsung UN40HU7000 & SEK-3500U/ZA - Firmware 1540.3
Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-ray Player; Apple TV 4K
Arris VIP5662W UHD Whole Home DVR; Chromecast Ultra
Marantz SR7005 Receiver; Magnepan Speakers; Martin Logan Subwoofer
post #693 of 1169 Old 09-06-2017, 08:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musician View Post
Likewise no issues with motion but the fact that HDR videos played through your TV built-ion look great while through the CCU look washed out would lead me to suggest that whatever HDMI port you have it plugged into is not HDMI 2.0a -- the "a" version being what you need to display HDR correctly. Also, it could have something to do with a picture setting. For example on the 2014/2015 Samsung TVs HDMI UHD Color needs to be turned ON.
All the ports on my TV are 2.0a, and yes, the UHD HDMI Color setting (also known as "enhanced" on other TVs) is turned on.

I've tried all the troubleshooting steps, and nothing helped. Spoke with Chromecast support and they said it was either a faulty unit or a communication issue between Samsung TVs and the CCU. Once I saw numerous other people with the same TV reporting the same issue, I knew it wasn't a faulty unit.

No issues with any other external devices.
CCsoftball7 and Musician like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #694 of 1169 Old 09-06-2017, 09:11 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
All the ports on my TV are 2.0a, and yes, the UHD HDMI Color setting (also known as "enhanced" on other TVs) is turned on.

I've tried all the troubleshooting steps, and nothing helped. Spoke with Chromecast support and they said it was either a faulty unit or a communication issue between Samsung TVs and the CCU. Once I saw numerous other people with the same TV reporting the same issue, I knew it wasn't a faulty unit.

No issues with any other external devices.
I had similar issues with a Hisense TV as well. Built in HDR looked good, but CCU looked bad. I need to check again on my Samsung to see if the HDR looks different on the built in apps, but I know HDR doesn't always look good from CCU.
post #695 of 1169 Old 09-06-2017, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergalthema View Post
I had similar issues with a Hisense TV as well. Built in HDR looked good, but CCU looked bad. I need to check again on my Samsung to see if the HDR looks different on the built in apps, but I know HDR doesn't always look good from CCU.
From a specific app?

My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps(Video), My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps, My non-HDR and HDR Settings, Setting HDMI to show no overscan
Sony XBR75X940C, Samsung UBD K8500, Roku Ultra, DirecTV RVU and C61K, Chromecast Ultra
post #696 of 1169 Old 09-09-2017, 07:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunkbeard View Post
I have sound sync problems with the CCU and DV, except my CCU is plugged into my soundbar. DV over ARC from my TV apps = zero sound problems.

Trying to isolate if the CCU plugged into my bar is the cause, without me testing and fiddling with my setup by plugging the CCU into my TV to make sure.

Thank you for any feedback.
Skunkbeard,
I have had to work out some lip sync issues as well. In my case, it seems that the CCU is, by default, implementing automatic lip sync correction based on what the display is reporting in the HDMI data (edid?). Unfortunately, this is better implemented by my AVR in my case, but I cannot disable it on the CCU. When I leave audio delay enabled on the AVR, then I wind up with the audio *behind* the video, because both the AVR and CCU are delaying the audio. When i disable the audio delay on the AVR, then the lip sync is ... uh ... in sync. This isn't a great solution for me, since I use audio delay in the AVR for all my other sources. The ideal solution for me would be to have Google expose the audio delay setting for CCU, so I can disable it or adjust the delay. The Chromecast Audio has a customizable 'Group Delay' option to help keep whole-home audio in sync, so I'm optimistic that someday I'll see a similar option on the CCU.

I don't know if your soundbar has as many options as an AVR, and I wouldn't hazard a guess if you are having the same problem as me. But, if your bar does have a setting for "Audio Delay" or "Auto Lip Sync", try turning that off.

Side Note: I've otherwise been quite happy with the CCU, primarily for YouTube and Netflix viewing. Once I figured out that I had to use a rear input on my Marantz (2016 and 2017 Denon and Marantz front inputs do not support 4K60 4:4:4), the CCU has been my go-to option for viewing streaming content in HDR and BT.2020
post #697 of 1169 Old 09-10-2017, 12:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 57
I just picked up a CCU because I had it with Comcast HD PQ.

I tried Fobu which didn't look much better and YouTube TV has the channels we need so I gave that a try. Figured there was an app for the Shield TV but not yet apparently.

So I got a CCU and was disappointed that I have to cast to it. I got it installed, got the app on my phone and was able to cast today's Lion's game without issue.

My question is, does it actually cast to it, or does it tell the CCU to go get the stream itself?

Casting to it seems to be a waste of bandwidth. I have to get the video, then send the video to the CCU. It also seems like it could cause the PQ to be lower than if the CCU got it directly.

That being said the PQ is far better than it was on Comcast or Fobu, not as good as other streaming services but it is a huge improvement over what I had.

If it does cast to it to play then the device your casting from does that would make a difference. I have a Note 8 and all the wifi is AC in the house but I don't want to use my phone all the time. I have a couple of Android tablets but they are not AC which I assume would cut down on PQ.
post #698 of 1169 Old 09-11-2017, 05:59 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 69
You are casting your movie/TV shows from the device you are using to cast. The CU doesn't have streaming apps per se built in that I know of. It used the casting device connected to it.
post #699 of 1169 Old 09-11-2017, 06:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_Connelly View Post
My question is, does it actually cast to it, or does it tell the CCU to go get the stream itself?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonTV View Post
You are casting your movie/TV shows from the device you are using to cast. The CU doesn't have streaming apps per se built in that I know of. It used the casting device connected to it.
If you are using an app with the cast icon (not the device cast icon), the phone acts as the remote and the CCU picks up the stream. An easy way to check...while a show is streaming, turn off the device from which you started it.
nathan_h and Musician like this.

post #700 of 1169 Old 09-12-2017, 07:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Anybody using the CCU for Playstation Vue? It has a better picture than either the Fire TV or nVidia Shield, but too often simply stops and throws up an error message "Please select another program to watch" or something like that right in the middle of a show I'm watching.

The Shield or FTV have never done that, so I'm assuming this is an issue strictly with the Chromecast?

Bob Simandl ... somewhere near St. Louis
post #701 of 1169 Old 09-12-2017, 04:47 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Simandl View Post
Anybody using the CCU for Playstation Vue? It has a better picture than either the Fire TV or nVidia Shield, but too often simply stops and throws up an error message "Please select another program to watch" or something like that right in the middle of a show I'm watching.

The Shield or FTV have never done that, so I'm assuming this is an issue strictly with the Chromecast?
Same issue here. When it works, the stream is perfectly clear. It happened multiple times during MNF for me, but when I switched to another program it was fine.
post #702 of 1169 Old 09-14-2017, 05:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Stats for Nerds on YouTube Mobile App - Revisited

Hey folks, I just wanted to clear up something I said in an earlier post of mine where I stated that YouTube vdeoes "do in fact stream at their native resolution and frame rate".

Stop the train! Although the Stat for Nerds screen might indicate the Current/Optimal Resolution as 3840 x 2160 @ 24 as shown in the example below, as you can see the Samsung TV's information banner (which indicates what resolution and framerate the TV is actually receiving from a device) tells us that the CCU plugged into HDMI3 is outputting everything at 60 fps.

I also did a few test of Netflix. From the app on my UBD-K8500 Ultra Blu-ray player the Samsung information banner indicates it is receiving the native resolution of 3840 x 2160 @ 24 for shows such as Marvel's Daredevil however when I stream the same video to the CCU it indicates it is being output at 60 fps.

I apologize for any misunderstanding this may have caused.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rocky Mountain Express IMAX Documentary Clip in HDR.jpg (179.9 KB, 991 views)
galonzo likes this.

Last edited by Musician; 09-14-2017 at 06:24 AM.
post #703 of 1169 Old 09-14-2017, 05:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musician View Post
I apologize for any misunderstanding this may have caused.
Troublemaker...
galonzo and Musician like this.

post #704 of 1169 Old 09-14-2017, 07:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCsoftball7 View Post
Troublemaker...

Sorry to spoil your day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spoiler.JPG (20.9 KB, 940 views)
CCsoftball7 likes this.

post #705 of 1169 Old 09-14-2017, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry if this has already been asked (I tried searching first), but does the Chromecast Ultra improve on the latest Smartcast that was added (upgraded to) in displays like the Vizio P65? I have 4k HDR with Atmos using the Netflix app included with Smartcast, but I don't think I have the same support with YouTube - or maybe I'm not trying the right content as a test.

Trying to figure out if I need add a Chromecast Ultra to my mix... thanks! My ultimate goal is to be able to watch HBO GO, Netflix, YouTube, and Amazon Prime Video in 4k HDR with Atmos support, assuming the content contains it all.

Thanks!

Matt__7.1.2 Dolby Atmos / DTS:X
_-______Denon AVR-X4300H (2016) | Vizio P65-C1 | Xbox One S | Oppo BDP-203 | Apple TV 4k
_-______F: Polk RTi8 x 2 | C: Toby MPC-D x 1 | S: Polk LS50 x 2 | R: Polk TSi200 x 2 | Atmos: Onkyo SKH-410 x 2 | Sub: Toby D12-P (dual 12)
post #706 of 1169 Old 09-14-2017, 08:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4278 Post(s)
Liked: 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerMatt View Post
Sorry if this has already been asked (I tried searching first), but does the Chromecast Ultra improve on the latest Smartcast that was added (upgraded to) in displays like the Vizio P65? I have 4k HDR with Atmos using the Netflix app included with Smartcast, but I don't think I have the same support with YouTube - or maybe I'm not trying the right content as a test.

Trying to figure out if I need add a Chromecast Ultra to my mix... thanks! My ultimate goal is to be able to watch HBO GO, Netflix, YouTube, and Amazon Prime Video in 4k HDR with Atmos support, assuming the content contains it all.

Thanks!
The only apps I'm aware of that do Atmos is Vudu and Netflix (to a very small degree).
galonzo and ZerMatt like this.

lujan
506 Ultra HD
721 HD
4 SD
post #707 of 1169 Old 09-19-2017, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Question: is there any way to force a CCU to output the native resolution of the content instead of upscaling everything ? For example, if I want to watch a YouTubeTV broadcast of ABC which is 720P and would prefer that my panel do the upscaling, is this possible?

post #708 of 1169 Old 09-20-2017, 05:31 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm not sure if it's CCU fault or my AVR which is Marantz SR6011, but HDMI-CEC works at least surprisingly.

- All equipment is connected to AVR and with HDMI ARC to TV
- TV turns on/off AVR as expected
- Casting something to CCU switches AVR input to CCU one and TV into AVR HDMI input

Seems great, but...

- when I select AVR input with my PS3 connected, its interface is shown on screen, but after a second AVR switches to CCU input
- the same happens when I select AVR input with my PC, desktop is shown for a while and then CCU kicks in

PS3 has HDMI-CEC implemented, PC does not. I suspect CCU because of that. Have you had similar problems? Any idea of solution?
post #709 of 1169 Old 09-20-2017, 07:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Liked: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorzynsk View Post
I'm not sure if it's CCU fault or my AVR which is Marantz SR6011, but HDMI-CEC works at least surprisingly.

- All equipment is connected to AVR and with HDMI ARC to TV
- TV turns on/off AVR as expected
- Casting something to CCU switches AVR input to CCU one and TV into AVR HDMI input

Seems great, but...

- when I select AVR input with my PS3 connected, its interface is shown on screen, but after a second AVR switches to CCU input
- the same happens when I select AVR input with my PC, desktop is shown for a while and then CCU kicks in

PS3 has HDMI-CEC implemented, PC does not. I suspect CCU because of that. Have you had similar problems? Any idea of solution?
I was just about to post about HDMI-CEC and the CCU, with the ability to pause with my TV remote.

Before when I had it plugged into the TV it worked all the time. Then I plugged it into my sound bar and *it didn't work*...until one day it did!

Now it's not working again.

It sure is nice to pause with my TV remote. Any troubleshooting suggestions? I rebooted the CCU, turned off/on CEC on my TV and can't get it working again with my sound bar.
post #710 of 1169 Old 09-20-2017, 08:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayNYC View Post
Question: is there any way to force a CCU to output the native resolution of the content instead of upscaling everything ? For example, if I want to watch a YouTubeTV broadcast of ABC which is 720P and would prefer that my panel do the upscaling, is this possible?
With regards to the CCU the answer is an unequivocal NO.

As for other devices, when it comes to YouTube they all seem to upscale it to the maximum output of the device. For example, when playing a 720p video from my old Apple TV my Samsung TV indicates it is receiving a 1920 x 1080 @ 60 signal since that is the output resolution of my Apple TV. Likewise if I play a video on my 1080p computer.

Although some hardware devices (like my Samsung UHD Blu-ray player) allow me to control the output from a disc (i.e. 480p for DVD, 1080p for Blu-ray or 2160p for UHD Blu-ray) and display it in the correct frequency (e.g. 24 fps), it would appear that most, if not all, apps tend to use the maximum resolution (and in many cases the maximum refresh rate) that the device you are using to output them is capable of.

The only way that I can think of if you want a YouTube 720p video to output at 720p and let your TV upscale you would need to hook up a computer that allows you to change the resolution and refresh rate settings of your video card accordingly every time you watch a YouTube video to get the TV to upscale it. Not worth the expense or bother!

Edit: Hey @JayNYC , I should have also mentioned that if you have a Smart TV you always have the option of using the built-in YouTube app to ensure the TV is doing the upscaling. And to back up my opening paragraph, I have taken a photo of my Samsung TV's information banner which displays the resolution it is receiving from an attached device. As you can see, when playing this 8 year old YouTube trailer recorded at 1280 x 720 @ 24, the Chromecast Ultra plugged into HDMI3 is doing the upscaling thereby outputting a 3840 x 2160 @ 60 signal.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TERMINATOR SALVATION New Official Trailer 3 (HD 720p).JPG (181.3 KB, 872 views)
Rudy1, JayNYC, galonzo and 2 others like this.

Last edited by Musician; 09-21-2017 at 04:00 AM. Reason: See Edit
post #711 of 1169 Old 09-22-2017, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 65
DoVi Pass-through

My Denon AVR-X6300H updated last night to pass DoVi and HLG. No HDCP authorization/format switching issues so far with casting VUDU and Netflix DoVi content. LG 2016 OLED display. VUDU Dolby Atmos also flagging correctly. CCU direct-to-AVR.
galonzo likes this.

Chase Walton
Technical Editor
PMI, Ltd. / MSR, Inc.

Home Theater Design and Calibration Insider

My comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of PMI, Ltd. or MSR, Inc.

post #712 of 1169 Old 09-22-2017, 09:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 65
CCU YouTube BT.2020

Checked out stats for nerds on CCU HDR-10 for the first time. CCU indicates BT.2020 space for ST.2084 content, but CCU output is BT.709. ST.2084 flags TV correctly. Gamut looks wrong to my eye, but impossible to say without color pattern/measurement reference.

Gamut looks right on Roku P+, playing same clips with BT.2020 / ST.2084 output.
galonzo likes this.

Chase Walton
Technical Editor
PMI, Ltd. / MSR, Inc.

Home Theater Design and Calibration Insider

My comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of PMI, Ltd. or MSR, Inc.

post #713 of 1169 Old 09-22-2017, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerMatt View Post

Thanks!
Vizio P65 can't do you tube HDR-10. CCU will do it.

Everything else you can cast to the Vizio with either HDR or DV if available. Vizio will default to DV when both are available. ARC will deliver highest level multi channel available including lossy Atmos to your AVR.
post #714 of 1169 Old 09-22-2017, 07:53 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Agg, i think I am stuck in technology combination hell!

I recently picked up a CU on an excellent deal. I also acquired a Roku Ultra. I have both connected directly to my LG B6 OLED in order to get 4k HDR video. I have to direct connect because my receiver is a Denon AVR-X4000 which won't pass HDR (but will pass 4k)

I would like to stream some 4k HDR movies from Google Play and CU is the only platform that is supported right now. A Google Play app is present on both the LG and the Roku, but neither will do HDR (but will do 4k). However, when I try to stream anything from the CU, all audio is stereo only. This is true over both ARC and optical. I don't have this problem with the Roku which passes DD audio just fine over ARC or optical.

It appears that I am running into a scenario which I believe has been discussed in this thread. I believe the CU is seeing that the LG can't accept DD+ over HDMI and as such falls back to stereo instead (why it doesn't fall back to DD I can't comprehend). I've seen this in Youtube, Netflix, HBO Go, ESPN, etc.

Is there any solution to this other than upgrading my receiver to an HDCP2.2/HDMI2.0 compatible receiver and then plugging the CU into the receiver (not something I really want to entertain)? I thought that maybe I could find a 1x2 HDMI splitter with some EDID magic in it. Basically, it would tell the CU that it could accept DD+, one split would go to the Denon which can decode the DD+, the other split would go to the LG and ignore the audio completely (hopefully) but display the UHD HDR video. However, I can't seem to find a splitter that meets all the criteria. Does one exist? I'm basically already doing that from my UHD BD player since it has 2 outputs - one to the receiver for audio and one to the TV for video.

So am I stuck in hell/limbo?

Additional info:
Yes, I can stream HDR from Vudu as well via the built in app on the LG. However, I currently have 3x $0.99 movie rental promos built up in my Google Play account that I'd like to use.

Edit:
I found a product that might solve my problem, so I went ahead and ordered one.
https://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Extrac...dp/B0755TB82Q/

It'll be here on Sunday and I'll report back if it solves the problem
Musician likes this.

LG B6 65" OLED, Phillips UHD BluRay, Denon AVR-X4000, Chromecast Ultra, Roku Ultra, eD speakers and sub

Last edited by jasonvr; 09-22-2017 at 09:51 PM.
post #715 of 1169 Old 09-24-2017, 11:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Well, amazingly, the danged thing works! I really expected it to just be another piece of junk that couldn't do what it claimed.

So, what I have now is the CU hooked into the device. One HDMI goes out to the LG OLED, one HDMI goes out to my receiver. I have the EDID set at 7.1 (even though I'm actually running a 5.1 system as I figured that would be best to allow DD+ to pass thru).

This is what shows up on my reciever. Notice it is receiving DD+

This is what shows up on the TV. Interestingly enough, the TV is also showing DD+ (as well as Dolby Vision, but that is expected)

It's very odd that the TV can detect DD+ since the CU won't auto-negotiate that audio format with the TV directly (hence why I had to buy this in the first place). I did try to change the receiver over to the optical input from the TV just to see if the audio was now passing, but it was silent. I then tried doing ARC via the TV and it showed as regular DD on the receiver which clearly shows that the TV won't pass DD+ even if the EDID is faked to the CU. Which makes it even weirder that the OLED can detect DD+ and display that fact to the user. Makes me feel like a firmware update on the LG could allow DD+ to pass thru unaltered

Again, the device I bought was:
https://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Extrac...dp/B0755TB82Q/

LG B6 65" OLED, Phillips UHD BluRay, Denon AVR-X4000, Chromecast Ultra, Roku Ultra, eD speakers and sub
post #716 of 1169 Old 09-24-2017, 04:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonvr View Post

Cool solution. Might need to pick up one of these if it means I can watch DV and Atmos at the same time. Still need a source that can do both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ben
How good could it be if it isn't HD?
No longer contributing to Engadget HD
post #717 of 1169 Old 09-26-2017, 09:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 2178 Post(s)
Liked: 2041
Quote:
Originally Posted by home_theatre_man View Post
Checked out stats for nerds on CCU HDR-10 for the first time. CCU indicates BT.2020 space for ST.2084 content, but CCU output is BT.709. ST.2084 flags TV correctly. Gamut looks wrong to my eye, but impossible to say without color pattern/measurement reference.

Gamut looks right on Roku P+, playing same clips with BT.2020 / ST.2084 output.
I picked up an Ultra yesterday. While I was pleased to get BT.2020 HDR from Netflix, I am getting REC709 HDR from YouTube for clips that are marked as BT.2020. Disappointed in that. My JVC RS500 recognizes the HDR flag even though it is REC709. I also connected an HDFury Integral to confirm that the CCU is outputting REC709 + HDR.
galonzo likes this.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Vertex/Linker/Integral
post #718 of 1169 Old 09-27-2017, 03:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Looking at this or similar device. Want to stream:

Netflix
Amazon Prime and
Plex library

Can the CCU:
Bitstream all lossless audio formats (including Atmos and DTS:x)?

Does it do HDR and DV for video?

Cheers
post #719 of 1169 Old 09-27-2017, 03:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 91

Netflix
Amazon Prime and
Plex library

Can the CCU:

Cheers
post #720 of 1169 Old 09-27-2017, 04:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4278 Post(s)
Liked: 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by blairy View Post

Netflix
Amazon Prime and
Plex library

Can the CCU:

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by blairy View Post

Netflix
Amazon Prime and
Plex library

Can the CCU:

Cheers
Am I seeing double?

I know it will stream (via cast) Netflix but not Amazon because Amazon and Google are bitter enemies.

It will do Atmos depending on your devices (TV, AVR, etc.). I know I get Dolby Vision and Atmos when I cast Vudu content because my devices support it. It will only do HDR-10 on Google Play.

lujan
506 Ultra HD
721 HD
4 SD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page