Dune HD Duo 4K Media Player - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 33Likes

post #91 of 139 Old 02-13-2017, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottofreud View Post
I've confirmed. I created 4 Network folders. Two using SMB. Two using NFS.
Thank you. Seems the latest models are improved. The older ones are unable to resolve NetBIOS hostnames when mapping NFS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 139 Old 02-14-2017, 07:43 AM

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxjay View Post
Anyone know if the Duo accepts SDXC (over 32gb) cards?
Support for 64GB capacity is confimred by Dune. It is SDXC. Would be good to check above 64GB also.

DuneHD Ultra4K, Pro4K, Neo4k, Duo4K, Solo4K, Base3D, TV-102w, QNAP/Synology, Fibaro, Sonos, iEast
post #93 of 139 Old 02-14-2017, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiisi View Post
Thank you. Seems the latest models are improved. The older ones are unable to resolve NetBIOS hostnames when mapping NFS
My Router is used via DHCP to give out IP addresses. I reserve the IP addresses so that the router gives out the same IP address to the same device each time. I'm not sure if that makes ant difference in using NFS with hostnames or not. If I get a chance this weekend, I'll join a device to my network that does not have a reserved IP address and then re-test the NFS network folder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 139 Old 02-15-2017, 08:59 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
My Router is used via DHCP to give out IP addresses. I reserve the IP addresses so that the router gives out the same IP address to the same device each time. I'm not sure if that makes ant difference in using NFS with hostnames or not. If I get a chance this weekend, I'll join a device to my network that does not have a reserved IP address and then re-test the NFS network folder.
This is not a DHCP issue. With the same DHCP server, the SMB client resolves the host names just fine. The problem is the dune's NFS client can't resolve local host names. The SMB software (SMBD/NMBD) has that mechanism implemented but the NFS client is not taking advantage of it. Dune uses Linux and there are a lot of related resources on the internet. So it does not take a long time to find many examples for how to enable the SMB's name resolution service for the NFS client. Not a big deal I think. More likely the developers have decided to spare efforts by opting out. Again I'm talking about the previous generation models like Dune 102.

Another known shortcoming is the network browser application. In many cases it displays an empty shared folder on Windows machine while actually there is the contents. It's possible to fix the problem but it takes a long time to play with the parameters of Windows local security policy and the working settings are different for different Windows versions. Because of that it's advised to create a shortcut for desired shared folder and don't use the network browser.

So my first question was why it's so poor. After all Dune is a network-enabled device and whatever the business logic is it's disappointing to face a network-related problems on the first use (are there other surprises?). But actually the network throughput is very good and overall performance is impressive. Looks like a race car where convenience is not the first priority. "Advanced computer skills" are required from users of that home entertainment device. The support nightmare problem is solved by offering a virtually zero support level and basic documentation. The feeling is the product is created in the cultural environment where people hates each other.

So I'm glad to hear they're making some progress and in the new models the NFS client can resolve local host names and the network browser is also moreless fixed. The chances are a state of the art technologies for home network configuration like mDNS will be supported as well.

Last edited by hiisi; 02-15-2017 at 09:31 AM.
post #95 of 139 Old 03-08-2017, 12:46 AM

New firmware version "170307_0153_r11" (BETA version) has just been released
http://dune-hd.com/firmware/duo4k/

I filtered Releases Nores below, and I removed entries specific for Solo4k/SoloLite only (dune release update for all models)

Code:
- New feature: The new "Music" application added to the main menu.
   - The application allows you to browse a global database of tracks/albums/artists, including browsing by genres and searching by titles/names.
   - For each track/album/artist, you can see detailed information, study discography, navigate between tracks/albums/artists, etc.
   - For most tracks (almost all popular / well known tracks), Music Videos are available and can be played (via "Play..." button in the menu on the track screen).
   - (In future, this application is planned to be integrated with the planned "My Collection for Music" functionality. Similarly to how currently the "Movies" and "My Collection" functionality is integrated.)
- New feature: Added support for AirPlay audio streaming (audio only).
   - This feature enables convenient music streaming from mobile phones/tables and other devices to Dune HD box. You can do the following:
      - On iOS device (iPhone or iPad) or on a Mac, use AirPlay support built-in into iOS and Mac OS X to stream music/audio to Dune HD box  from any iOS or Mac OS X application (or even from any web site in a web browser). Just start the playback and choose Dune HD box as  AirPlay target in the system AirPlay menu.
      - On any device, use 3-party applications with AirPlay support to stream music/audio to Dune HD box.
      - On Windows PC, use iTunes application to stream music to Dune HD box.
      - On the client device, control music playback in various ways:  choose tracks, switch between tracks, seek, pause/resume, adjust volume.
   - When AirPlay stream is played on Dune HD box, you see the following on
     Dune HD box:
      - On the TV screen: cover art and track/artist/album/genre information (when available).
      - For Duo4K, on the front panel display: "Track - Artist".
   - Audio is streamed in the original CD-audio quality (using Apple lossless codec at 44.1KHz).
   - AirPlay support can be disabled via the setting "Setup / Applications / AirPlay / Enabled".
   - The AirPlay device name can be customized via the setting "Setup / Applications / AirPlay / AirPlay Device Name". The default device name is "Dune (product_id ID)", where "product_id" is e.g. "duo4k" and "ID"  is the last 4 characters of the MAC address (e.g. "97EA").
- New feature: Music playback: New GUI design of the music playback screen.
   - The new screen uses improved fonts, improved layout, shows nice background image and can show cover art image (when available).
   - A special screensaver version of this screen (with black background and moving content) (to prevent Plasma/OLED TV burn-in) is still available -- starts automatically on the general screensaver timeout (configurable in "Setup / General" menu).
- New feature: Music playback: Cover art image is automatically looked up and shown on the music playback screen.
   - Embedded covert art images in music files is supported.
   - External covert art images are supported -- looked up in JPG files residing in the same folder where music files reside; any found JPG file is used, with preference to JPG files having filenames similar to the corresponding music filenames and JPG files having commonly used coverart filenames such as "cover.jpg", "album.jpg", etc.
- New feature: Music playback: Extended support for CUE files.
   - CUE files can now be used not only by launching the corresponding audio files, but also directly, by selecting them in the file browser and pressing "ENTER" RC button. In this case, the playback of the audio file(s) referenced by the CUE file is started.
   - If a CUE file references multiple audio files, this is supported and handled properly.
   - If a CUE file references *.wav audio file, but the actual audio file is *.flac/*.ape/*.wv, this is is automatically detected and handled properly.
   - When multiple files are marked (or a playlist is automatically constructed by the pressing "PLAY" RC button on a folder or several marked folders), and some files in the playlist are CUE files, this is also supported and handled properly (even if both audio file and the corresponding CUE file are in the playlist).
- New feature: Duo4K: Front panel display: In playback mode, the information about currently played content and the current playback position is shown on the front panel display:
   - During the first 10 seconds, the information about the currently played content is shown: filename, or "Track - Artist" if audio tags are available.
   - After that, playback position is shown.
   - If audio tags are available, pressing "INFO" RC button toggles showing "Track - Artist" again.
- New feature: "Movies", "Music, "TV" buttons on Duo4K RC can now be used to quickly enter the corresponding main menu sections.
   - The corresponding NEC IR codes (can be used for universal RCs or for smart home integrations, see more information about IR codes at
     http://dune-hd.com/support/rc ):
      - Movies: 47
      - Music: 58
      - TV: 63
- Improvement: Music playback: Audio tags information from music files and CUE files is now extracted with the support for much more tags, much more music file formats, and much more file format variations.
- Improvement: Music playback: All extracted audio tags are shown in the INFO panel (available via "INFO" RC button).
- Improvement: Music playback: Improved encoding detection and handling for audio tags in music files.
   - The setting "Misc / Encodings / MP3 tag encoding" is renamed to  "Audio file tags encoding".
   - The new value "Auto" is now available for this setting. When chosen, the player tries to automatically detect if the encoding is Unicode (UTF-8) or not, and if not, to use the encoding corresponding to the chosen UI language ("Setup / General / Interface language").
   - The new value "Auto" is now the default value.
      - NOTE: The new default value will take place after settings reset.
- Improvement: Music playback: Improved encoding detection for CUE files and playlists.
   - When "Auto" value of the setting "Misc / Encodings / Playlist and cue sheet encoding" is chosen, the chosen UI language is additionally taken into account when guessing the encoding based on file content.
- New feature: "SEARCH" RC button can be used to quickly search for movies in My Collection or in the global Movies database, and for
  tracks/albums/artists in the global Music database.
   - When used inside My Collection menu: searches for movies in My Collection.
   - When used inside Movies menu, or at the top level of the main menu:  searches for movies in the global Movies database.
   - When used inside Music / Tracks menu, or at the top level of Music menu: searches for tracks in the global Music database.
   - When used inside Music / Albums menu: searches for albums in the global Music database.
   - When used inside Music / Artists menu: searches for artists in the global Music database.
- New feature: My Collection and Movies: When viewing the list of movie posters, "A" RC button can be used to toggle several view modes:
   - 4x2 + right panel.
   - 6x3 + right panel.
   - 6x2 without right panel.
   - 8x3 without right panel.
   - 5x2 fullscreen.
   - 7x3 fullscreen.
   - 10x4 fullscreen.
   - Vertical list of movie titles + right panel.
- Improvement: When HDMI audio is enabled and HD audio is enabled (in "Setup / Audio" menu), analog and S/PDIF audio outputs are now kept enabled. This allows e.g. playing movies with HD audio bitstreamed to an A/V receiver, and playing music files with decoded audio sent to analog and S/PDIF audio outputs, without the need to change any settings when switching between these use cases.
- Improvement: My Collection: when trying to play a movie which is located on a disconnected storage device, the name of the disconnected storage device is now shown.
- Improvement: My Collection and Movies: Improved the GUI compatibility with some Dune GUI skins.
- Improvement: System Storage: Added the check if System Storage is absent  but may be useful when starting My Collection indexing, with the  possibility to initialize System Storage at this point.
- Improvement: System Storage: Improved the procedure for System Storage initialization. When System Storage is initialized, the data used by various applications is now copied from Flash Memory Storage (internal flash memory) into System Storage, and all applications and background services are now correctly deinitialized/reinitialized after that. Some other related improvements.
- Improvement: TV GUI fonts extended to include all characters from Kazakh, Georgian, Armenian and Azerbaijani languages.
- Improvement: Some GUI visualization and graphic loading operations optimized, to make GUI more responsive and smooth in some cases.
- Improvement: The information about background playback status, mute status, volume control status (in the right bottom corner of the screen) is now shown on more screens of the main menu (previously it was not shown on some screens).
- Improvement: Playback of HTTP/MP4 and HTTPS/MP4 media streams optimized (improved buffering) for faster playback startup.
- Improvement: When pressing PLAY on a folder (or on several marked folders  -- to build the playlist of all items in these folders and their subfolders), and the resulting playlist includes both music/media and photo/image files, the default choice in the "Choose Action" dialog is improved: now it depends on the number of files of diferent types in the playlist; e.g. if the playlist consists mostly of music files with only a few photo/image files, the default choice is now "Play media files".
- Improvement: Duo4K: Front panel display: When navigating through the main menu, showing the currently chosen menu item caption on the front panel display and menu navigation via front panel buttons is now supported in more cases (in particular, on all screens of My Collection and Movies menus). Showing better captions in some cases. Some related improvements.
- Improvement: Duo4K: Front panel display: Improved the font used to show HH:MM clock in standby mode and HH:MM:SS position during playback.
- Improvement: Duo4K: "DISCRETE POWER ON" IR code is now supported not only in software standby mode, but also in hardware standby (power off) mode.
- Improvement: Duo4K: if the firmware of the front panel microcontroller chip is damaged for any reason, it is automatically recovered on player boot.
- Fixed: Duo4K: Click sound could be heard when starting/stopping audio playback in some cases.
- Fixed: Duo4K: Read-only SD cards with NTFS filesystem could not be mounted.
- Fixed: When 4K video mode was configured and TV or HDMI receiver was switched off/on, various problems could take place.
- Fixed: When "Auto" video mode was configured and TV or HDMI receiver was switched off/on, various problems could take place.
- Fixed: FullBD: Playback of BD images in FullBD mode did not work in some cases when BD image was launched from a specific location.
- Fixed: DVD: When playing DVD images, DVD menu could not be shown properly in some cases, and crack sounds could be heard in some cases.
- Fixed: Specific MPEG-TS files was not played correctly.
- Fixed: Some specific MP4 files could be played without audio.
- Fixed: External subtitles in ASS/SSA format could not be played when ".ssa" file extension was used and the new ASS/SSA subtitle rendered was enabled in player settings.
- Fixed: Playback of MPEG-DASH video streams (such as YouTube streams) could not work properly when network or server error occured in some cases.
- Fixed: Playback of HTTPS/MP4 video streams did not work in some cases.
- Fixed: When playing a media file or stream with unknown duration,  playback position (always 0) was shown in INFO OSD.
- Fixed: The warning about potentially unsupported video stream format was  wrongly shown in some cases.
- Fixed: When adjusting the volume control related settings (in "Audio"  setup menu) during playback, the changes was not applied correctly and  lead to wrong GUI behavior in some cases.
- Fixed: My Collection and Movies: On movie information screen, when movie  description did not contain whitespaces (e.g. Chinese text) it was not  line broken.
- Fixed: Recent menu: When playing some kinds of content which is not supported of Recent menu (e.g. Internet radio streams), items were wrongly added to Recent menu. Some other related improvements for Recent  menu.
- Fixed: The function of hiding system files did not work properly in the  root folder of a storage device in some Dune GUI skins when certain Dune main screen style was used.
- Fixed: It could be impossible to start the web browser again (or start HTML based applications) after the web browser was launched once.
- Fixed: IP Control: start_file_playback IP Control command did not work when the player was in playback mode and the playlist was played (with more then one item in the playlist).
- Plugins SDK improvements:
   - Added new media_url parameter "http_mp4_allow_other_formats:1" which  can be used (together with "http://mp4://" URL schema) to optimize the playback of video streams which are most probably HTTP/MP4, but may be of other formats as well.
   - Added new media_url parameter "http_headers" which can be used to pass custom HTTP headers when playing HTTP/HTTPS media streams.
   - Added new media_url parameters "protocol:rawpcm",  "rawpcm_sampling_rate:N", "rawpcm_bits_per_sample:N",  "rawpcm_streaming:1" which can be used to integrate 3-party audio  playback software into Dune HD box (using this feature, for example,  3-party audio playback software running on Dune HD box can stream PCM  data into "named pipe" file, which can be played by the playback  engine e.g. via "start_file_playback" IP Control command).
   - Added a possibility for an external 3-party audio playback software to  send audio tags and cover art images to the audio player  (/tmp/audio_player_tags.properties and /tmp/audio_player_cover.jpg  files).
   - Enabled "socket" and "pctnl" PHP extensions.
   - Added some other new features to PHP plugins API.
- Updated/improved UI translations.
- Various other minor improvements/fixes.

DuneHD Ultra4K, Pro4K, Neo4k, Duo4K, Solo4K, Base3D, TV-102w, QNAP/Synology, Fibaro, Sonos, iEast
post #96 of 139 Old 03-12-2017, 04:12 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Can the Duo or Solo 4K decode the lossless part of Dolby TrueHD audiotrack to 6ch or 8ch LPCM and send it over HDMI?

Can the Duo or Solo 4K decode the lossless part of DTS Master HD audiotrack to 6ch or 8ch LPCM and send it over HDMI?

I'm wondering this as my current preamp only accepts decoded 6/8ch LPCM signals (Meridian HD621)

I know the Dune Prime 3.0 BD does work with the lossless audio -> LPCM decode when in full BD mode (but I think it works with lossy parts when in file-mode).

I use the BD Prime 3.0 now for this purpose but would love to upgrade to a current version but I'm stuck if it does not decode lossless MCH DolbyTrueHD/DTS Master HD part to LPCM and send it over HDMI.

Last edited by Fredrik Rasmussen; 03-12-2017 at 04:29 AM.
post #97 of 139 Old 03-13-2017, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrik Rasmussen View Post
Can the Duo or Solo 4K decode the lossless part of Dolby TrueHD audiotrack to 6ch or 8ch LPCM and send it over HDMI?
I'm wondering this as my current preamp only accepts decoded 6/8ch LPCM signals (Meridian HD621)
I know the Dune Prime 3.0 BD does work with the lossless audio -> LPCM decode when in full BD mode (but I think it works with lossy parts when in file-mode).
I use the BD Prime 3.0 now for this purpose but would love to upgrade to a current version but I'm stuck if it does not decode lossless MCH DolbyTrueHD/DTS Master HD part to LPCM and send it over HDMI.
Cannot. It is due to audio licences. So they will not upgrade it for sure.
The only way for you would be to find files or convert your movies with DTS-HD and TrueHD to AAC 7.1 or FLAC 7.1

post #98 of 139 Old 06-09-2017, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Will this unit be adequate as a NAS media server to replace my current unit?
Ideally I would like my pre-amp to access the music files and play my BD ISO's with the Duo...
Lastly what is the practical capacity of the HDD's and is there a type better suited to this application than others?

Thanks.
post #99 of 139 Old 06-10-2017, 03:51 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Anyone else have problems browsing the drives connected to the DuneDuo 4k after the firmware 170602_0153_r11 is applied? None of my windows machines can browse the dune now. Even though the SMB server is active on the Dune, all my windows machines get "You do not have permission to access <DuneHostName>. Contact the system administrator"

I may revert back to the previous firmware to see if that helps.

Edit: I have a dune_folder.txt file on the HDD setting the name of the drive to DuneHDD. If I browse to \\<DuneHostName>\DuneHDD I can browse to all the folders from my windows machines. In the previous version of the Dne Firmware, I could browse just by going to \\<DuneHostName> Could this be the bugfix referred to in the change log?
Bugfix: SMB server now includes a fix for the Samba vulnerability (CVE-2017-7494).

Last edited by ottofreud; 06-10-2017 at 04:20 PM. Reason: More Info
post #100 of 139 Old 06-12-2017, 06:02 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hi guys,
I'm new to the forum so sorry if what I asked was been answered before...

I bought Dune 4K Duo a few days back and when setting the video output to 4K 2160, found out that watching 1080P content red color turns to purple hue, is there anybody has this issue? And how to fix this?

*i already updated the latest beta firmware and the issue still stays.

Thank you all again

Last edited by birdztudio; 06-12-2017 at 06:16 PM.
post #101 of 139 Old 06-14-2017, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Anyone else have problems browsing the drives connected to the DuneDuo 4k after the firmware 170602_0153_r11 is applied? None of my windows machines can browse the dune now. Even though the SMB server is active on the Dune, all my windows machines get "You do not have permission to access <DuneHostName>. Contact the system administrator"

I may revert back to the previous firmware to see if that helps.

Edit: I have a dune_folder.txt file on the HDD setting the name of the drive to DuneHDD. If I browse to \\<DuneHostName>\DuneHDD I can browse to all the folders from my windows machines. In the previous version of the Dne Firmware, I could browse just by going to \\<DuneHostName> Could this be the bugfix referred to in the change log?
Bugfix: SMB server now includes a fix for the Samba vulnerability (CVE-2017-7494).
It looks as a bug and regression. Access shall be provide at root level. User will not know share names. At root level Dune shall show connected HDDs, USB memories etc. This problem refers also to Solo4k and Solo Lite. I have just forwarded that to Dune to fix it.

post #102 of 139 Old 06-15-2017, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Can it play full 4K Rip from nas with full menu ? And dose it support HDR (HDR 10 Or Dolby Vision)
And can it pass Through DTS:X and Dolby Atmos ? And is there any player can beat it in performance ?
post #103 of 139 Old 06-15-2017, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdulhadikh View Post
Can it play full 4K Rip from nas with full menu ? And dose it support HDR (HDR 10 Or Dolby Vision)
And can it pass Through DTS:X and Dolby Atmos ? And is there any player can beat it in performance ?
Yes on the DTS:X, Atmos and full BD menu. I believe it has some kind of adaptive settings for HDR but does not natively support either HDR 10 or Dolby Vision.
post #104 of 139 Old 06-19-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
For rips of BD4K full menu is not available now. Only BD Lite. It is not obvious that first BD4K rips are real rips. But these files is all we have now to test (ex. Smurfs 2). And it plays well, no problem with audio, but BD Lite only, so no menu. And this is also mentioned in release notes to latest beta firmware, where Dune introduced BD4k support.

post #105 of 139 Old 06-22-2017, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Need some help. I have been running the dune 4K solo for 6-7 months with little to no problems. About 3 days ago it started locking up on blue ray movies, it will pause for about 15-20 seconds then fast forward for a few seconds then pause over and over and the sound is out of sync . If I restart the move it will play a little further into the movie and then start pausing again, so it's never in the same place. I have also noticed when I put it in DTS MA 5.1 it is playing sound and I believe it should not. It never played it before. It should only play sound when I put it in DD 5.1 to my TV, if I want Dolby true HD 7.1 or DTS MA 5.1 I have to use my surround sound processor. This all started after the last update, so I reinstalled the previous version it did not change, so I went back one more update still no good. I have cleared all cashes, did not help. I have tried the reset on the system still does not work. I have deleted some of the movies and reburned them with MakeMKV still the same problem. The system is Dune 4K, free nas server, wired internet. I am not sure what happened or what to check for the problem?

Thanks for any help
post #106 of 139 Old 06-22-2017, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_2_Tone View Post
Need some help. I have been running the dune 4K solo for 6-7 months with little to no problems. About 3 days ago it started locking up on blue ray movies, it will pause for about 15-20 seconds then fast forward for a few seconds then pause over and over and the sound is out of sync . If I restart the move it will play a little further into the movie and then start pausing again, so it's never in the same place. I have also noticed when I put it in DTS MA 5.1 it is playing sound and I believe it should not. It never played it before. It should only play sound when I put it in DD 5.1 to my TV, if I want Dolby true HD 7.1 or DTS MA 5.1 I have to use my surround sound processor. This all started after the last update, so I reinstalled the previous version it did not change, so I went back one more update still no good. I have cleared all cashes, did not help. I have tried the reset on the system still does not work. I have deleted some of the movies and reburned them with MakeMKV still the same problem. The system is Dune 4K, free nas server, wired internet. I am not sure what happened or what to check for the problem?

Thanks for any help
Tommy, I had that exact problem in the past, and for me it was fixed by unplugging the power cord (& reconnecting) to my switch coming out of my cable router. Previous to that, I tried unplugging the 4K Solo power, and the second switch I have near the TV, Solo, and other networked devices....no help. I also tried rebooting my QNap TS-853 Pro...again without resolving this issue. My switch is an Allied Telesis AT-GS900/16 Unmanaged, and it seems that it was holding onto something in a BIOS chip that got released when I unplugged power cord.
post #107 of 139 Old 06-23-2017, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibbs View Post
Tommy, I had that exact problem in the past, and for me it was fixed by unplugging the power cord (& reconnecting) to my switch coming out of my cable router. Previous to that, I tried unplugging the 4K Solo power, and the second switch I have near the TV, Solo, and other networked devices....no help. I also tried rebooting my QNap TS-853 Pro...again without resolving this issue. My switch is an Allied Telesis AT-GS900/16 Unmanaged, and it seems that it was holding onto something in a BIOS chip that got released when I unplugged power cord.
Ok I will give that a try.

Thanks
post #108 of 139 Old 06-24-2017, 04:40 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Anyone compared this model to the eGreat A10?

Surprised to see the A10 getting good reviews over in its thread. Even more surprised to see it has HDMI 2.0a and supports wide color gamut HDR/HDR10/Dolby Atmos/DTS:X/BD menus/8 TB internal HDD! And all for just US $189!

I was going to get this Dune HD Duo 4K as soon as I upgrade my Onkyo receiver, but this is making me have 2nd thoughts ...
videobruce likes this.

Last edited by Riot Nrrrd; 06-24-2017 at 04:45 AM.
post #109 of 139 Old 06-25-2017, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibbs View Post
It looks like I lost a drive on my server. I guess next time I have problems I should look there first.
post #110 of 139 Old 07-04-2017, 01:06 PM

downloaded latest update. For other reasons, had to replace the hard drive in the dune. My computer would no longer detect it as a mapped network drive.
Tried everything for two days. Finally rolled back to earlier firmware and my computer found it immediately.
post #111 of 139 Old 07-06-2017, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkeyes9090 View Post
downloaded latest update. For other reasons, had to replace the hard drive in the dune. My computer would no longer detect it as a mapped network drive.
Tried everything for two days. Finally rolled back to earlier firmware and my computer found it immediately.
Yes, it is known bug in latest beta, will be fixed with next release.

post #112 of 139 Old 07-07-2017, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadqs View Post
For rips of BD4K full menu is not available now. Only BD Lite. It is not obvious that first BD4K rips are real rips. But these files is all we have now to test (ex. Smurfs 2). And it plays well, no problem with audio, but BD Lite only, so no menu. And this is also mentioned in release notes to latest beta firmware, where Dune introduced BD4k support.

Its real just check oppo 203 Jailbroken
It did good job but the problem there are no fan art for movies folder (Maybe in the future i hope)
I am looking for 4K network player with full menu and HDR support Both HDR 10 & DB
And Atmos
Right now i cant find one with all of my requests
Oppo 203 is the best since it can all of request but no fan-art for the movies folder !
I hope that Dune release new player
post #113 of 139 Old 07-19-2017, 08:17 PM

a network player that won't work with the network. "Bug" is an understatement.
post #114 of 139 Old 08-17-2017, 05:01 AM

New Duo Base 4k model has just been released. Without analog audio part, no DVBT and no Zwave.
http://www.dunehd-europe.com/index.php?page=duobase4k

post #115 of 139 Old 08-29-2017, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Its real just check oppo 203 Jailbroken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5H0UXBe5_g&t=17s

It did good job but the problem there are no fan art for movies folder (Maybe in the future i hope)

I am looking for 4K network player with full menu and HDR support Both HDR 10 & DB

And Atmos

Right now i cant find one with all of my requests

Oppo 203 is the best since it can all of request but no fan-art for the movies folder !

I hope that Dune release new player

How do u do stream atmos with oppo 203?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #116 of 139 Old 08-31-2017, 10:17 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibaji View Post
How do u do stream atmos with oppo 203?
The Oppo is useless for MKV files with ATMOS/TrueHD. It is actually shocking that the Oppo is incapable of handling such a basic task. The Oppo is also incapable of playing 3D MKV files. Again, a pretty basic task that any media player ought to be able to do. I understand the Oppo not playing ISO files & BD folder structures, due to licensing requirements. But this is just plain incompetence.
zibaji likes this.

Last edited by Sanjay; 09-10-2017 at 07:13 AM.
post #117 of 139 Old 09-05-2017, 11:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Anyone tested the New Dune HD Duo Base 4K model? is the HDR works flawlessly and how does it compare to the Oppo 203 and the best 4K player- Panasonic UB900?
post #118 of 139 Old 09-07-2017, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereWolf84 View Post
Anyone tested the New Dune HD Duo Base 4K model? is the HDR works flawlessly and how does it compare to the Oppo 203 and the best 4K player- Panasonic UB900?
Duo Base 4K works exaclty same as Duo 4K. In terms of handling video files and audio streams at digital outputs.
HDR is not supported by the hardware, at any Dune model. Dune convert HDR colorspace to sent proper color SDR signal via HDMI 1.4. Without that you would have washed-out colors on the TV.

post #119 of 139 Old 11-18-2017, 04:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Having some issues with "My Collection" if anyone can help..

So I've got two internal drives in my Dune, I've got a "movies" folder on one and "concerts" folder on the other. I used "My Collection" to index them both, and with the concerts folder it was tedious work to get all the info right, the movies folder not as much but it still required some time. Worked fine when I first got it all done but now for some reason when I go into My Collection, all the info is there but when I go to play any title I get a a "Storage not connected" message, and I get the same message if I try to edit the index in manage folders.. I can still access the drives and play titles from the folder menu tree.
The problem started when I tried to use Musicnizer for my audio files, (which I haven't got to work either yet)... I did did a restart with the back power button...

Current Gear: Anthem AVM60, D-Sonic 3500/7, Oppo UDP-203, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Pre, Technics SL1210 w/ Denon DL103, Dune Duo 4K, LG Oled55e6, Paradigm Sig. S6 & C3 v.3's, Monitor ADP's, Velodyne SPLR1200.
post #120 of 139 Old 11-19-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrgagne View Post
Having some issues with "My Collection" if anyone can help..

So I've got two internal drives in my Dune, I've got a "movies" folder on one and "concerts" folder on the other. I used "My Collection" to index them both, and with the concerts folder it was tedious work to get all the info right, the movies folder not as much but it still required some time. Worked fine when I first got it all done but now for some reason when I go into My Collection, all the info is there but when I go to play any title I get a a "Storage not connected" message, and I get the same message if I try to edit the index in manage folders.. I can still access the drives and play titles from the folder menu tree.
The problem started when I tried to use Musicnizer for my audio files, (which I haven't got to work either yet)... I did did a restart with the back power button...
If you have changed label of the drive, MyCollection can have problems recognizing it after indexing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page