DirecTV Now Streaming TV Service - Page 187 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2060Likes

post #5581 of 5589 Old 05-22-2020, 08:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1929 Post(s)
Liked: 1232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egan View Post
That was one of the the main reasons that stopped me from ditching ATTTVN for YTTV. If they have plans for it they are keeping mum, I couldn't find any info that they intend to have DD. One thing I really like about YTTV is the guide, you can choose which channels to see or not see like setting up favorites with ATTTVN, but you can also change the order of how the channels appear so you can have all your most watch channels right at the top. And the guide shows a thumbnail of live TV for each station. Yesterday I went to cancel my trial which ends next week so I wouldn't be billed, but they also had an 8 week pause option, which saves all of your settings and recordings, I chose that as I'm really thinking of switching again. Last night on ATTTVN I had recordings with lip sync, and the glitch with pulling up the guide (on the ATV4K) is just ridiculous at this point. There's really nothing on HBO for me atm so losing that and going with YTTV + Philo would be less money also.
Yeah I asked them several times about adding DD 5.1 and they just say yes they have plans to but no information when at this time. It's a joke, garbage cable has 5.1 sound since the late 90s I think.
Everything else is great but I would miss the gameshow network but that is just about all I would miss. I need 5.1 sound, it's 2020.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5582 of 5589 Old 05-22-2020, 08:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1076 Post(s)
Liked: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfieldjames View Post
Yeah I asked them several times about adding DD 5.1 and they just say yes they have plans to but no information when at this time. It's a joke, garbage cable has 5.1 sound since the late 90s I think.
Everything else is great but I would miss the gameshow network but that is just about all I would miss. I need 5.1 sound, it's 2020.
Agree, most times it's not a big deal, but other times it really adds to the enjoyability (yeah I made that up) of a show. My preamp has a simulated DD surround mode that works pretty well but not the same as real 5.1 surround.

Sony 65A1E
post #5583 of 5589 Old 05-22-2020, 09:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 2443 Post(s)
Liked: 3152
Quote:
Haha no way, it happens immediately for me if set to 4K SDR, and it still happens for recordings using 1080p SDR, but not all the time.
Have you applied the latest tvOS update (13.4.5 I believe)? I forgot to mention the new firmware
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5584 of 5589 Old 05-22-2020, 11:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
Have you applied the latest tvOS update (13.4.5 I believe)? I forgot to mention the new firmware
I'll have to check the fw, I haven't manually applied anything. I thought, from what people who contacted Apple and AT&T reported about the issue, the problem was with the ATTTVN app and not ATV?

Sony 65A1E
post #5585 of 5589 Old 05-22-2020, 12:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'll have to check the fw, I haven't manually applied anything. I thought, from what people who contacted Apple and AT&T reported about the issue, the problem was with the ATTTVN app and not ATV?
I have never thought it was limited to the ATT app as I had the same problem with the NHL.TV app.

In any case, it seems to be fixed for me but wanted to see if others were experiencing the same result.
post #5586 of 5589 Old 05-22-2020, 03:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
I have never thought it was limited to the ATT app as I had the same problem with the NHL.TV app.

In any case, it seems to be fixed for me but wanted to see if others were experiencing the same result.
I just upgraded the ATV4K FW, so far watching for just a few minutes it seems to be fixed, before it would become unwatchable right away using 4K SDR. The guide also worked properly, fingers crossed for that. If they finally fixed the lip sync/judder that would be so nice, I had been using the Amazon Fire TV Stick but that has problems with Netflix, so I'd be switching back and forth b/w them, and generally prefer the ATV even though the remote is horrible.
PlanetAVS likes this.

Sony 65A1E
post #5587 of 5589 Old 05-22-2020, 03:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I just upgraded the ATV4K FW, so far watching for just a few minutes it seems to be fixed, before it would become unwatchable right away using 4K SDR. The guide also worked properly, fingers crossed for that. If they finally fixed the lip sync/judder that would be so nice, I had been using the Amazon Fire TV Stick but that has problems with Netflix, so I'd be switching back and forth b/w them, and generally prefer the ATV even though the remote is horrible.
If it's fixed, the best part is that I won't have to remember to switch back and forth if using the ATV for Netflix/Itunes/Vudu 4K HDR.
Egan likes this.
post #5588 of 5589 Old 05-22-2020, 05:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1708 Post(s)
Liked: 406
Have they fixed the problem on the client box concerning forced HDR, or some problem like that?

Jack
post #5589 of 5589 Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Was too good to be true, lip sync issues again with ATV4K set to 4K SDR while watching recordings. And the guide bug also not fixed.

Sony 65A1E
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Directv , directv now , streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page