DirecTV Now Streaming TV Service - Page 188 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2071Likes

post #5611 of 5624 Old 06-05-2020, 10:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1985 Post(s)
Liked: 1276
Just to be clear, I get HBO free because of the AT&T phone plan I have. We aren't being charged anything for HBO or anything now that the price went up 10 bucks a month? I have HBO Max free too now.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5612 of 5624 Old 06-25-2020, 12:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked: 280
I would really, really appreciate your input/advice on ATTNow 4K options- I could not care less about HBO and other movie channels. SPECIFICALLY: I am trying to best access the random/spotty FOOTBALL mostly (ESPN “Samsung” ‘Game of the Week’ College football game, the 4K (FOX ??) NFL THURSDAY night game are most critical to me. I am looking at (my wife is a gardener and wants NO dish around)...where I can access those few but key events and some occasional 4K events such as golf, a little MLB, etc.

You guys are top notch. I do not even trust calling AT&T because so many of them seem like “deer in the headlights” and local stores ??? Outrageous !

Can AT&TNow give me those (occasional) spoon-fed 4K events (like the satellite does?)
I sure would appreciate your time to fill me in ! I started on this 563 page thread...got to about 250 and collapsed (still only got to 2018). I need to move on this fairly quickly. My Charter Cable is useless in terms of 4K live feed.
Thanks!
post #5613 of 5624 Old 06-25-2020, 02:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2484 Post(s)
Liked: 3679
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERNOLE View Post
I would really, really appreciate your input/advice on ATTNow 4K options- I could not care less about HBO and other movie channels. SPECIFICALLY: I am trying to best access the random/spotty FOOTBALL mostly (ESPN “Samsung” ‘Game of the Week’ College football game, the 4K (FOX ??) NFL THURSDAY night game are most critical to me. I am looking at (my wife is a gardener and wants NO dish around)...where I can access those few but key events and some occasional 4K events such as golf, a little MLB, etc.

You guys are top notch. I do not even trust calling AT&T because so many of them seem like “deer in the headlights” and local stores ??? Outrageous !

Can AT&TNow give me those (occasional) spoon-fed 4K events (like the satellite does?)
I sure would appreciate your time to fill me in ! I started on this 563 page thread...got to about 250 and collapsed (still only got to 2018). I need to move on this fairly quickly. My Charter Cable is useless in terms of 4K live feed.
Thanks!
There's no 4K content on AT&T Now but one can login to the Fox Sports app using your AT&T Now account, to see college football games in 4K.

Your best bet is Fubo or the legacy Direct TV satellite service
Ph8te likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5614 of 5624 Old 06-25-2020, 02:11 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 3309 Post(s)
Liked: 1531
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERNOLE View Post

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
There's no 4K content on AT&T Now but one can login to the Fox Sports app using your AT&T Now account, to see college football games in 4K.

Your best bet is Fubo or the legacy Direct TV satellite service
In that case, you could probably use your Charter credentials to stream 4k from the Fox Sports app as well, assuming you get that channel on Charter. You'll need to double check though. That's how I watched the last super bowl in 4k.
post #5615 of 5624 Old 06-25-2020, 06:34 PM

Couple of interesting AT&T streaming stories in the news today:
https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/att-...w-subscribers/
https://www.forbes.com/sites/rachels.../#69f115e9771a
HDMI Guy likes this.
post #5616 of 5624 Old 06-29-2020, 07:46 PM

AT&T raises prices for new customers:
Quote:
AT&T TV’s Entertainment plan has increased from $49.99 a month to $59.99 a month in the first year of the two-year agreement; the Choice plan has risen from $54.99 a month in year one to $64.99 a month; the Xtra package is now $74.99 a month in year one, compared to $64.99 a month previously; the Ultimate plan goes from $69.99 a month to $79.99 a month in year one.
https://tvanswerman.com/2020/06/28/d...new-customers/
post #5617 of 5624 Old 06-30-2020, 02:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
AT&T raises prices for new customers:

https://tvanswerman.com/2020/06/28/d...new-customers/
These people are really nuts. How they could think of raising prices with all the competition in the world and with a pandemic going on hurting the economy is just insane. I don't know who would have signed up for either of these before but now it's just a little worse. Seems like suicide to me.

aaronwt likes this.
post #5618 of 5624 Old 06-30-2020, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 7026 Post(s)
Liked: 7112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfieldjames View Post
These people are really nuts. How they could think of raising prices with all the competition in the world and with a pandemic going on hurting the economy is just insane. I don't know who would have signed up for either of these before but now it's just a little worse. Seems like suicide to me.

YTTV just raised prices as well so ATTTV is not alone with the increase.
Hetfieldjames likes this.
post #5619 of 5624 Old 06-30-2020, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
I just saw that. I guess they are all nuts. At least YTTV there are no additional fees though. No box to rent, or any of the old crazy cable fees.

post #5620 of 5624 Old 06-30-2020, 02:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 5808 Post(s)
Liked: 4162
I have YTTV, and was thinking of switching to AT&T now and getting their $55 package. Any talk about AT&T Now raising their prices?
post #5621 of 5624 Old 06-30-2020, 02:05 PM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 7026 Post(s)
Liked: 7112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfieldjames View Post
I just saw that. I guess they are all nuts. At least YTTV there are no additional fees though. No box to rent, or any of the old crazy cable fees.

YTTV increase comes after adding Viacom channels (it should have been expected once that announcement was made). While certainly bad timing, the increase isn’t surprising. While the initial low prices were nice, getting all of the channels people want is expensive. Unless there are “bonus” offers included it makes those OTT services less appealing. What I’m surprised Google hasn’t done is include YT Premium with an subscription to YTTV (similar time what ATT does with HBOMAX/HBO and some of their packages). It would be a major value add and probably keep folks around or have people switch even with the increase.
Hetfieldjames likes this.
post #5622 of 5624 Old 06-30-2020, 02:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
YTTV increase comes after adding Viacom channels (it should have been expected once that announcement was made). While certainly bad timing, the increase isn’t surprising. While the initial low prices were nice, getting all of the channels people want is expensive. Unless there are “bonus” offers included it makes those OTT services less appealing. What I’m surprised Google hasn’t done is include YT Premium with an subscription to YTTV (similar time what ATT does with HBOMAX/HBO and some of their packages). It would be a major value add and probably keep folks around or have people switch even with the increase.
I agree with this. Why not their in YT premium, that would entice me. I get HBO Max no matter what because of my phone plan with AT&T.
I still think YTTV is a good value. It's where I would go if they added 5.1 DD+ sound. Still boggles my mind that a tech company like Google is still farting around with 2 channel sound.

Ph8te likes this.
post #5623 of 5624 Old 06-30-2020, 05:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 240
Quote:
For those of us who live in major markets and can get locals with an antenna, Sling looks better and better. Unless they raise their rates too.

Indirectly Outta Compton
post #5624 of 5624 Old 07-01-2020, 11:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1072 Post(s)
Liked: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
I have YTTV, and was thinking of switching to AT&T now and getting their $55 package. Any talk about AT&T Now raising their prices?
Nothing I've heard of but you can never tell with AT&T, as they make changes to their service plans (TV, phone, internet) all the time. About three months ago (first week of April), AT&T TV Now dropped HBO from their Plus package and dropped the price from $65 to $55. So maybe it'll be awhile longer before they mess with it again?

That said, is it really worth switching to it to save $10 in exchange for the various channels you'll lose on YTTV? The Plus package on AT&T TV Now lacks PBS, History, A&E, Lifetime, Discovery, HGTV, Food, your local RSNs, etc. Also the cloud DVR only retains recordings for 90 days rather than 9 months like YTTV. On the other hand, Plus does include the Hallmark Channel, which YTTV lacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabboy View Post
For those of us who live in major markets and can get locals with an antenna, Sling looks better and better. Unless they raise their rates too.
Sling announced today that they will not raise their rates on current customers through Aug. 2021. (Of course, that doesn't mean that they won't raise them for new customers soon.)
beerhunt likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Directv , directv now , streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page