DirecTV Now Streaming TV Service - Page 68 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1988Likes

post #2011 of 5421 Old 05-17-2018, 05:01 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmizzoufan View Post
Is it just me or is there a distinct video quality between dvr programming and live programming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recorded a kids show and it looked the same love & recorded for me.

Vizio P65-E1 // Sony XBR49X900E
Sony Ht-ST5000 // RCA RTS7015B
Chromcast Ultra // Apple TV 4K
PS4 PRO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2012 of 5421 Old 05-17-2018, 05:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 2021 Post(s)
Liked: 1289
DirecTV Now Streaming TV Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Great question. I have no idea. But the apk I loaded is linked in my signature if you can figure it out from that. If you can't see my signature, try Chrome.

Thanks. Found your link, got the apk and noticed it was from Amazon which is arm64 so I successfully installed it on my Shield. Still looking for an arm7a version for my Sony if you ever come across one. Much appreciated!

Edit: got it installed on my Sony 930E too!
You do need to install the Amazon store apk and log on before installing for either Android OS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike
Sony XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB & 2-32GB 5th Gens | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2017 | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Logitech Harmony Elite

Last edited by m_snow; 05-17-2018 at 05:27 PM.
post #2013 of 5421 Old 05-17-2018, 06:20 PM
mnc
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 877 Post(s)
Liked: 630
I tried recording the basketball game last night but when I clicked on it to play it nothing happened.

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, DUAL PSA XS30SE's, ATV4K, 75X940E, UBPX700
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2014 of 5421 Old 05-17-2018, 07:04 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 112
I'm using the Apple TV 4K. I didn't see any way to select a better sound quality. Is there only currently two channel stereo sound currently available? Wasn't sure if I was missing something. I found the setup area but extremely limited options there under "Preferences":
Captioning: On/Off
Audio Language: I selected "Auto (Default)"
Autoplay Next Episode: On/Off

I guess perhaps the app relies on the overriding settings of the Apple TV for video and audio settings and it just doesn't have the ability to do better than stereo for at least the channels I've tried so far? I'm still very new to this so perhaps it's just me. So far I'm very impressed with the picture quality, and no blips with streaming yet.

LG OLED65E6P | Oppo UDP-203 | Denon X4300H 7.2.4 | Emotiva XPA-3 | Apple TV 4K | DirecTV Now
Front L&R Paradigm Monitor 9 | Center Paradigm CC 290 | Side Surrounds, Rear Surrounds, 4 Dolby Atmos Heights - all Definitive ProMonitor 800's
Subwoofers SVS PB-2000 X2
post #2015 of 5421 Old 05-17-2018, 07:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK in CT View Post
I'm using the Apple TV 4K. I didn't see any way to select a better sound quality. Is there only currently two channel stereo sound currently available? Wasn't sure if I was missing something. I found the setup area but extremely limited options there under "Preferences":

Captioning: On/Off

Audio Language: I selected "Auto (Default)"

Autoplay Next Episode: On/Off

I guess perhaps the app relies on the overriding settings of the Apple TV for video and audio settings and it just doesn't have the ability to do better than stereo for at least the channels I've tried so far? I'm still very new to this so perhaps it's just me. So far I'm very impressed with the picture quality, and no blips with streaming yet.

Select “Best Quality Available”.

Mike
Sony XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB & 2-32GB 5th Gens | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2017 | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Logitech Harmony Elite
post #2016 of 5421 Old 05-17-2018, 08:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_snow View Post
Select “Best Quality Available”.

Thanks. I assume you are referring to the setting on the Apple TV 4K itself. That is what I have that set to already. So perhaps DirecTV Now is only two channel stereo for now. At least I have not come across a channel that my AVR has detected anything of higher quality yet. I'll keep watching for improvements.

Also crossing my fingers for some 4K content at some point, but I know they just got the DVR launched. I'm just happy to see signs of a DirecTV option available to me again without an excessively large bill for tree trimming... I will keep testing and discovering what's available.. Very interesting so far.

LG OLED65E6P | Oppo UDP-203 | Denon X4300H 7.2.4 | Emotiva XPA-3 | Apple TV 4K | DirecTV Now
Front L&R Paradigm Monitor 9 | Center Paradigm CC 290 | Side Surrounds, Rear Surrounds, 4 Dolby Atmos Heights - all Definitive ProMonitor 800's
Subwoofers SVS PB-2000 X2
post #2017 of 5421 Old 05-17-2018, 08:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK in CT View Post
Thanks. I assume you are referring to the setting on the Apple TV 4K itself. That is what I have that set to already. So perhaps DirecTV Now is only two channel stereo for now. At least I have not come across a channel that my AVR has detected anything of higher quality yet. I'll keep watching for improvements.

Also crossing my fingers for some 4K content at some point, but I know they just got the DVR launched. I'm just happy to see signs of a DirecTV option available to me again without an excessively large bill for tree trimming... I will keep testing and discovering what's available.. Very interesting so far.

My mistake, I thought I was posting the ATV4K forum. Although I’m not sure about the premium channels (HBO, SHO, CINMX) everything I’ve seen is stereo for now.

Mike
post #2018 of 5421 Old 05-17-2018, 10:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Send a message via AIM to lovswr
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
I wouldn't expect that since Shield is Android TV (as opposed to Android on mobile).
Well that sucks.

carry on with your HD-Lite Directv loving banter! <--Comedy Gold
Don't fall for the HDMI 1.3 Hype!
PSN = lovswr
XBOX Live = lovswr
post #2019 of 5421 Old 05-17-2018, 10:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Send a message via AIM to lovswr
So, I got the DVR update on my Apple TV 4k yesterday. Set up 3 recordings just as I was leaving for work. They all recorded fine, but today when I went to look at the 2 HGTV recordings, I got some kind of error message. I don't think this is ready for prime time. I will say, that the image quality on my non-HDR Vizio 70" is amazing. Reminds me of my first HDTV in '08 with OTA & nobody was broadcasting any sub-channels.
leojj25 likes this.

carry on with your HD-Lite Directv loving banter! <--Comedy Gold
Don't fall for the HDMI 1.3 Hype!
PSN = lovswr
XBOX Live = lovswr
post #2020 of 5421 Old 05-18-2018, 08:46 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
My mistake, I thought I was posting the ATV4K forum. Although I’m not sure about the premium channels (HBO, SHO, CINMX) everything I’ve seen is stereo for now.

HBO and Showtime do multichannel audio. I wish they would get it on the streaming channels already.
post #2021 of 5421 Old 05-18-2018, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Has anyone had problems using the new app on the AppleTV 4K and the programming will completely stop and the screen goes black? It’s happened several times always on different stations. Clicking the menu button will take me back to the guide and there is no problem resuming playback again. It’s not my isp since other apps are working just fine.

post #2022 of 5421 Old 05-18-2018, 07:49 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 6727 Post(s)
Liked: 6574
Quote:
Has anyone had problems using the new app on the AppleTV 4K and the programming will completely stop and the screen goes black? It’s happened several times always on different stations. Clicking the menu button will take me back to the guide and there is no problem resuming playback again. It’s not my isp since other apps are working just fine.

I haven’t had the issues. Also, just because other apps work fine, doesn’t meant it’s not your ISP. You’d need to know how your connection is handled between each and every app (“middle men” included) to state that. This is why experience can vary so widely the connection between you and the CDN used is the key.

As far as the app goes have you tried force closing it? Do you have the same performance issues with the beta app?
post #2023 of 5421 Old 05-18-2018, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:

Happens to me EVERYTIME I use the app now, very frustrating. Starts with the info screens that show up on the left and right side indicating one can swipe left or right to change channels, plays fine for a few minutes, then the screen goes dark with no sound. I have to go back to the menu to select what was playing and start over again.... Bad Deal Direct TV Now!!!! Doesn't happen with any of my Roku players.

I do like the new menu though.

LG OLED 65E6P|Marantz AV7703|Marantz M7055|OPPO UHDP 203|Technics SL-D303 TT|PS4 Pro|PS3|Nintendo NES|Atari 2600|Apple TV 4K|Roku Premiere +|Klipsch RF-7 III, RC 64 II|Monster Power HD 2550
Den of Solitude - Marantz 6300 TT | Marantz 125 Tuner | Marantz 3800 Pre Amp | Marantz 250 Amp | Sansui SP-5500X Speakers
post #2024 of 5421 Old 05-18-2018, 08:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1056 Post(s)
Liked: 670
I'm still mainly using the beta app, ironically it seems more stable/reliable than the production app.

Sony 65A1E
post #2025 of 5421 Old 05-18-2018, 08:11 PM

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
I haven’t had the issues. Also, just because other apps work fine, doesn’t meant it’s not your ISP. You’d need to know how your connection is handled between each and every app (“middle men” included) to state that. This is why experience can vary so widely the connection between you and the CDN used is the key.

As far as the app goes have you tried force closing it? Do you have the same performance issues with the beta app?

I have not tried force closing it but I will. I am not a beta member so I have nothing to compare to.

post #2026 of 5421 Old 05-18-2018, 08:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 480 Post(s)
Liked: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon884 View Post
Happens to me EVERYTIME I use the app now, very frustrating. Starts with the info screens that show up on the left and right side indicating one can swipe left or right to change channels, plays fine for a few minutes, then the screen goes dark with no sound. I have to go back to the menu to select what was playing and start over again.... Bad Deal Direct TV Now!!!! Doesn't happen with any of my Roku players.

I do like the new menu though.
I'd guess your issue is unique to app dysfunction. On a couple of occasions I've had to uninstall a dysfunctional app, reboot and reinstall it.

I'd try that if you haven't already. Had same issues with other Roku apps.

I have ATV4K and DTVN public and beta test group version. Only time I've remotely seem similar issue as yours, DTVN was asking if we were still there. No remote activity for some time while using DTVN as sleep background noise: this isn't supported by DTVN that I'm aware of.

But seeing that within minutes? Haven't seen that one.

I'm still getting latent beta tester updates from DirecTV for DTVN on Apple TV and iOS. I guess beta is still in effect or word comes later.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
post #2027 of 5421 Old 05-19-2018, 01:13 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 480 Post(s)
Liked: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentsg View Post
I learned some interesting and not so good things.

I pre-paid for 3 months of DirecTV Now back in February so I could get the Apple TV deal and check out the DVR via beta (which I never got into). In March I "canceled" so I wouldn't forget and be billed again in May. DirecTV Now sent this e-mail: "Your DirecTV Now service has been canceled. But you can still enjoy your favorite live and on-demand channels until 05/20/2018 7PM EST."

So basically, it looked as it should be. I pre-paid for 3 months so I should be able to view 3 months, even if I removed their ability to bill me further (months down the road).

But my service was immediately terminated. I could log in, but I couldn't watch any content whatsoever. I tried contact them, which is when I found that I can't e-mail or call to speak with someone. There's allegedly a chat mechanism, but it works on none of my devices or browsers.. the link isn't there. I used Twitter, so they told me to DM them. I DM'd them only to be ignored repeatedly.. then they finally responded to instruct me to go to the web and use chat. This went on for a while, so their support sucks.

Finally I got this: "When an account is canceled it automatically cancels it right then. In order to gain access to your channels please click on the link below."

The link they sent was to sign up for continuous billing again, so basically I had to re-subscribe to use the remainder of the time that I pre-paid for. Basically the e-mail they send explaining that you can view until your pre-paid time expires is not true.

I'm 100% done with them for good at this point, but thought I'd post for others. I also filed a complaint with the FCC.
I mentioned earlier that I prepaid for the ATV4K and later cancelled without losing the prepaid period with DTVN promo.

I asked for $25 x 3 month discount and was given a redemption code to resume service with discount before it expired. In fact, I got into chat with my account while still pending cancellation and resumed to claim the code while chatting with support.

I'm nearly 2 months into this promo but decided to cancel today because my wife started her own account when I dropped Hulu Live TV beta with HBO promo. I see no reason to continue with a duplicate DTVN account so I cancelled today.

I don't need the remainder but when I cancelled, terms were clearly laid out: no prorated refund for remaining period, service continues until my prepaid period expires on June 2nd. I took a pic and got a confirmation email. Plus there's the same date on my account with a resume payment button.

Just wanted to note that policy hasn't deviated from what I experienced before and described in my quote earlier. I still had 1 month of promo left but that wasn't prepaid; my cancellation went as expected.

Not sure why your result was different unless you cancelled on next payment date? If not, my best wishes for resolution. DTVN cancellation appears ideal in layout and my experience; clear and concise.

I will say that Hulu support had to manually put a pending cancellation on my account to prevent loss of extended trial and avoid unwanted payment. Only account options was suspend for 12 weeks or cancel immediately as explained by support. That trial end/cancellation actually ended before midnight of support assisted cancellation date.

Long post but one more thing to add. Looks I'll still be able to test and provide feedback on DTVN beta but with 20 hours limited DVR, the wife will be the only user recording anything. I wouldn't insist on having and paying for PSVue but it's more of a model of I'm wanting in a DVR and the access plan, though skinny, still provides the bulk of channels I mostly use daily and want.

DTVN has most but not all and the beta DVR just isn't what I need to replace my suspended DirecTV account with DVR with. Enjoying PSVue so far but surprised ATV4K Siri skip/voice commands and Logitech skip, ffw/rw aren't supported on ATV. If scrub didn't work, that would be a deal-breaker.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
post #2028 of 5421 Old 05-19-2018, 01:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 2252 Post(s)
Liked: 2135
Quote:
I learned some interesting and not so good things.

I pre-paid for 3 months of DirecTV Now back in February so I could get the Apple TV deal and check out the DVR via beta (which I never got into). In March I "canceled" so I wouldn't forget and be billed again in May. DirecTV Now sent this e-mail: "Your DirecTV Now service has been canceled. But you can still enjoy your favorite live and on-demand channels until 05/20/2018 7PM EST."

So basically, it looked as it should be. I pre-paid for 3 months so I should be able to view 3 months, even if I removed their ability to bill me further (months down the road).

But my service was immediately terminated. I could log in, but I couldn't watch any content whatsoever. I tried contact them, which is when I found that I can't e-mail or call to speak with someone. There's allegedly a chat mechanism, but it works on none of my devices or browsers.. the link isn't there. I used Twitter, so they told me to DM them. I DM'd them only to be ignored repeatedly.. then they finally responded to instruct me to go to the web and use chat. This went on for a while, so their support sucks.

Finally I got this: "When an account is canceled it automatically cancels it right then. In order to gain access to your channels please click on the link below."

The link they sent was to sign up for continuous billing again, so basically I had to re-subscribe to use the remainder of the time that I pre-paid for. Basically the e-mail they send explaining that you can view until your pre-paid time expires is not true.

I'm 100% done with them for good at this point, but thought I'd post for others. I also filed a complaint with the FCC.
I would recommend disputing the credit card charge as well

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
post #2029 of 5421 Old 05-19-2018, 04:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Yes, it’s happening almost every time I fire it up now. Started yesterday afternoon. Could be back end related (load, capacity, infrastructure, etc...) and they’ll probably work it out. I’ll test the beta app to see if it’s any better.

Mike
post #2030 of 5421 Old 05-19-2018, 09:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
I would recommend disputing the credit card charge as well

I would have done this, but I had the free Apple TV in hand. They tried to call me about the FCC dispute, so I'll be talking with them next week.

Pioneer ELITE PRO-720HD | Pioneer PDP-5010FD | Sony XBR-55X850B | LG OLED55E6P
OPPO BDP-103 | OPPO UDP-203
PlayStation 4 Pro | Xbox One X
post #2031 of 5421 Old 05-19-2018, 09:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 2252 Post(s)
Liked: 2135
Quote:
I would have done this, but I had the free Apple TV in hand. They tried to call me about the FCC dispute, so I'll be talking with them next week.
True but you paid for the Apple TV AND the service so if they do not provide what you paid for you have a valid reason to dispute

post #2032 of 5421 Old 05-19-2018, 09:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
True but you paid for the Apple TV AND the service so if they do not provide what you paid for you have a valid reason to dispute

Good point. I've had fairly bad luck with those lately too. I seem to collect strange incidents.

I bought $500 worth of digital gift cards from Dell around the holidays, but they didnt get delivered for like 2 months, after I had opened a dispute with the cc. The Dell representative notified me that they had "been delivered to the wrong customer and she moved them back". Naturally they had all been used by the previous customer. Dell dragged their feet and still hasn't made it right. I miraculously lost the dispute because Dell allegedly delivered the "goods".

I'm spending minimum time on the Direvtv issue since I don't care that much. Putting more time into Dell since I'm out $500 and no one seems to care.

Strangely my only other issue with electronic gift cards was a previous Dropbox subscription I bought from Dell. I'd forgotten about it, slow learner. Kids, don't buy electronic gift cards from Dell.

Pioneer ELITE PRO-720HD | Pioneer PDP-5010FD | Sony XBR-55X850B | LG OLED55E6P
OPPO BDP-103 | OPPO UDP-203
PlayStation 4 Pro | Xbox One X

Last edited by brentsg; 05-19-2018 at 09:46 AM.
post #2033 of 5421 Old 05-19-2018, 09:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:

I have had this problem also.

Something else that was weird that I experienced today. I went to watch one of my recordings and the background audio/surround speakers was really loud with the voices/center channel low. I checked the same recording on PSVue and it sounded normal. I guess the audio stream got messed up somehow as it sounded like a low bit rate mp3. I’m curious if it was just a fluke or if it will be reacurring.

Life is hard, be harder.
post #2034 of 5421 Old 05-19-2018, 01:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yes, it’s happening almost every time I fire it up now. Started yesterday afternoon. Could be back end related (load, capacity, infrastructure, etc...) and they’ll probably work it out. I’ll test the beta app to see if it’s any better.

Update:
It hasn’t happened yet on the Beta app (Version 2.0.2 Build 713). Also quick assessment after a few days with the new release.
1) 720p @30fps is okay for regular TV shows but will not cut it for sports. Other than Sling everything else I’ve tested was 60fps for recorded shows.
2) recording of the “Royal Wedding” this morning had choppy audio. It would frequently skip a bit which was annoying and distracting. PS Vue, Hulu, YouTube doesn’t have that problem. Hoping it was a fluke.
3) on the production release today “menu” wouldn’t come for me unless I pressed another key first. The beta app works perfectly in that respect.

Other than that I like it. With a bit of tweaking, minimum of 50 hours free DVR included, third stream for free and the 60fps requirement for sports they should dominate the market.

Mike
post #2035 of 5421 Old 05-19-2018, 06:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5306 Post(s)
Liked: 3675
Finally got the beta to work. I had to see a whole new DirecTV Now account.

Sent from my LG-V30 using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2018 Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio M50-E1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Marantz SR6013, AppleTV-4K, XBox One & (X), NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #2036 of 5421 Old 05-19-2018, 07:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
Finally got the beta to work. I had to see a whole new DirecTV Now account.
You never gave up on the beta, to the very end (lol).
shoman94 likes this.

Sony 65A1E
post #2037 of 5421 Old 05-19-2018, 07:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5306 Post(s)
Liked: 3675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egan View Post
You never gave up on the beta, to the very end (lol).
I actually did because all my contact with them left it not working. After they updated the PC and Android app I could look in but nothing played. After 30 minutes on the phone and then 1+ hours on chat I finally got it.

Sent from my LG-V30 using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2018 Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio M50-E1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Marantz SR6013, AppleTV-4K, XBox One & (X), NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #2038 of 5421 Old 05-19-2018, 10:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 146
I get Error Code 40 on Fox News about half the time I try to watch. No other channel has problems. Previously, there would be 4 or 5 channels out like that........months ago.

"There you go again..." - Good Ol' R. Reagan's favorite Troll line !
post #2039 of 5421 Old 05-20-2018, 07:29 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 176
I see alot of issues in here and that's fair but too be honest, I'd give DTVNow a solid B for the 3 months I have had it and an A- with the new updated app.

Look, nothing is perfect and i had DTV for 19 years but for the 3 months I have had DTVNOW, i get:

- Much better Pic quality than over satellite
- A bill that is 1/3 of what i was paying AND i have HBO now for $5 a month
- A DVR. Sure 20 hours is not a ton but whatever. I can ONDemand if i really want it. Is the DVR perfect, No but so far its been fine for 90% of the stuff i recorded.
- No contract

What I miss:
- Using the guide on the sat was easier. I just prefer the channel numbers. If, i wanted ESPN it was 206 and go. The ATV remote makes things a pain
- 5.1 audio. Sure. I assume they'll add at some point.
- NFL Sunday ticket. This is going to hurt in the fall but I know 100% that they will add it at some point. There are huge numbers of streamers they could tap for this revenue.

I honestly will not be going back to Satellite. We actually prefer DTVNow.
aaronwt, lovswr, BiggAW and 2 others like this.
post #2040 of 5421 Old 05-20-2018, 07:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris View Post
I honestly will not be going back to Satellite. We actually prefer DTVNow.
I'm about ready to finally break with DTV satellite but I'll miss it a lot, especially the DVR. Unlimited space for all practical purposes, easier guide, no time limit for recordings, live buffer with FF and RW. They did however screw it up a bit with the last software update, I was getting lockups and other problems where before it was solid.
Spinningbull likes this.

Sony 65A1E
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Directv , directv now , streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page