DirecTV Now Streaming TV Service - Page 83 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1826Likes

post #2461 of 5143 Old 06-20-2018, 05:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1725 Post(s)
Liked: 1018
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
Good point

I would suggest calling AT&T to confirm the unavailability, instead of taking their online tool at face value. IIRC, when I upgraded to Gigapower the website wasn't up to date

Will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike
Sony XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB & 32GB 5th Gen | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2017 | Logitech Harmony Elite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2462 of 5143 Old 06-20-2018, 07:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 918 Post(s)
Liked: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_snow View Post
It is the most frustrating and unsatisfactory experience. Virtually every single time I’ve “chatted” with them I have been given inaccurate information. I send every single chat transcript to my email because they are so untrustworthy. They need to be able to be reached by phone and email.

Agreed
Absolutely dreadful experience

Lg 65 C7
Lg 9800 1080 Oled
Epson LS10500
Panasonic UB820 uhd player
post #2463 of 5143 Old 06-21-2018, 03:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Send a message via AIM to lovswr
Well DTVN is completely down. I'm just south of Tampa. All channels (live a little package) show my network is not fast enough. I have 150/150 FiOS.

AT&T needs to fix this.
jdsnov73 likes this.

carry on with your HD-Lite Directv loving banter! <--Comedy Gold
Don't fall for the HDMI 1.3 Hype!
PSN = lovswr
XBOX Live = lovswr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2464 of 5143 Old 06-21-2018, 03:50 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovswr View Post
Well DTVN is completely down. I'm just south of Tampa. All channels (live a little package) show my network is not fast enough. I have 150/150 FiOS.

AT&T needs to fix this.
My system just came back up, South of you in Sarasota

LG OLED 65E6P|Marantz AV7703|Marantz M7055|OPPO UHDP 203|Technics SL-D303 TT|PS4 Pro|PS3|Nintendo NES|Atari 2600|Apple TV 4K|Roku Premiere +|Klipsch RF-7 III, RC 64 II|Monster Power HD 2550
Den of Solitude - Marantz 6300 TT | Marantz 125 Tuner | Marantz 3800 Pre Amp | Marantz 250 Amp | Sansui SP-5500X Speakers
post #2465 of 5143 Old 06-21-2018, 10:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 986 Post(s)
Liked: 620
Quote:
I have 200 Mbps d/l from Spectrum (formerly Time/Warner) and I normally get 225 Mbps but only 25 Mbps upload which isn’t good for accessing my Plex server remotely for movies. I pay about $60 and it’s consistent but I’m very jealous of your gig, bandwidth envy.
I really hope the little start-up Starry Internet is successful and gets other companies to adopt their fixed wireless home broadband platform. (They're apparently offering their technology as a turnkey solution to other companies that want to roll out the same kind of service around the nation.)

They've apparently figured out ways to reduce the cost of installation and delivery by tweaking standard next-gen wifi chips from Marvell to work with unlicensed 5G-like millimeter wave transmission. They're up and running in Boston and are supposed to launch in several other cities this year.

At any rate, they offer symmetrical 200 Mbps internet with no data caps, full net neutrality, all equipment provided, for a flat $50 per month. That's not a promo rate, no contracts, no gimmicks.
m_snow likes this.
post #2466 of 5143 Old 06-21-2018, 10:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1036 Post(s)
Liked: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashGuy View Post
I really hope the little start-up Starry Internet is successful and gets other companies to adopt their fixed wireless home broadband platform. (They're apparently offering their technology as a turnkey solution to other companies that want to roll out the same kind of service around the nation.)

They've apparently figured out ways to reduce the cost of installation and delivery by tweaking standard next-gen wifi chips from Marvell to work with unlicensed 5G-like millimeter wave transmission. They're up and running in Boston and are supposed to launch in several other cities this year.

At any rate, they offer symmetrical 200 Mbps internet with no data caps, full net neutrality, all equipment provided, for a flat $50 per month. That's not a promo rate, no contracts, no gimmicks.
Would be awesome to get some competition going, I'm hostage to my local cable company, although their rates are pretty reasonable atm, I pay $42/month for 150 Mbps and usually get closer to 200. Was looking at their web page, guess they only do apartment complexes at this time.

Sony 65A1E
post #2467 of 5143 Old 06-21-2018, 11:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 552 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovswr View Post

AT&T needs to fix this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon884 View Post
My system just came back up, South of you in Sarasota
In Seattle it was down at 6:30am PST too. I didn't check if it came back before I went to work, and just watched the World Cup game on my DirecTV box (I'm about to cancel now after 10 years. $40pm with HBO compared to $153pm without HBO, and this morning has been the only hiccup).
post #2468 of 5143 Old 06-21-2018, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 172
I currently have Cox internet and have no issues with DTVN. Usually I speed test around 200 down 10 up. However I am going Century Link because its gigabit internet for $80 a month instead of $100 for Cox but also unlimited data where Cox gives me a tb but we are close to using that. I can choose to spend $140 a month for Cox internet and unlimited data or $80 for fiber and unlimited data. Install is this Saturday, excited to ride the fiber train.

Sony 75x940e l LG B6 65" | Denon X4000 | Definitive Technology SM65 (L/R) | Definitive Technology Mythos 10 (C) | HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
post #2469 of 5143 Old 06-21-2018, 12:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Is the current consensus that DirectvNOW is worth getting. I currently have Directv (Satellite). I have pretty much everything on it, and it costs about $170 a month. Of course, I call and complain and they drop it to around $140 to keep me happy. I've been a Directv customer for 20 years. And when my current discounts were getting ready to expire, I called them to cancel so I could go with DirectvNOW and Directv satellite dropped my price to $95 for 4 months, and $120 for the next 8 months. I can still quit them, but for now at $95, it's a good deal.

With DirectvNOW, I'd be getting the largest package $70, and I'd be adding the HBO, Cinemax, and showtime added. Total price would be $88. Plus, I can get a free Apple TV 4K out of the deal. (not that I really need it; I have a few Roku's already).

The only thing I'd be losing is ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox network. I don't get locals, so Directv gives me New York and Los Angeles networks. (For an additional cost). DirectvNow doesn't have that option. But my rabbit ears pick up most of the locals if needed.

So, assuming directv satellite kept giving me their normal discounts, DirectvNow would still be on average, about $50 a month cheaper. My only questions are:
1. How is the quality; HD, 5.1 dolby, etc.?
2. How is it's reliability? Does it go out much?
3. Is it as good or better than Directv Satellite

Once I make the switch, there's no going back for me. I won't do any more 2 year commitments; I don't want to knock snow off the dish any more in the winter; etc. I have very reliable 100/10mb internet. I don't even know the last time it was down. It's that reliable.

Thoughts? Thanks. Mike

Michael
LG OLED65B7P, Yamaha 7810, 5.1.2 ATMOS
Philips 7302 BR/DV, ATV4K, Roku Ultra, Roku Premiere, Roku Stick+

post #2470 of 5143 Old 06-21-2018, 02:50 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 3074 Post(s)
Liked: 1394
@Christcorp

You get what you pay for. You're going from a Cadillac to a Yaris.

1. HD is good. Not much 5.1 that I've seen, but some.
2. Not very reliable. Buffers/crashes often despite having fast, reliable internet.
3. Not even close.

Streaming is a whole different paradigm than satellite/cable.
- Channel surfing is slow, and you can't jump directly to a desired channel without picking it from the guide
- DVR is very elementary. Only 20 hrs of cloud storage, blind FFWD/REW, no live TV FFWD/REW, no complex recording options (can't filter out re-runs, seasons, record by keyword, etc.)
- Can only watch on 2 or 3 screens at once.
- No instant gratification. You can't just turn on the TV and start watching immediately. Always takes nearly a minute after launching the app until something starts playing, if it plays at all.

Having said all that, most of us in this thread are willing to live with the drawbacks for the savings and expect 1 and 2 to improve over time. One reason I'm sticking with it is that I got the $60 package for $35 as an early adopter 2 years ago. I've added HBO but couldn't care less about MAX and SHO - nothing on those I want to see. The ATV is probably the best of all the platforms for the DTVN app performance-wise, so good choice there.

I highly recommend doing the 7-day free trial before jumping in with both feet. That way you'll know exactly what you're getting and if you can live without the bells and whistles of satellite. Just cancel before the end of the trial and sign up again with a different email to get the ATV deal. (Use a throwaway email for the trial and your main email for the ATV deal).
post #2471 of 5143 Old 06-21-2018, 03:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christcorp View Post
Is the current consensus that DirectvNOW is worth getting. I currently have Directv (Satellite). I have pretty much everything on it, and it costs about $170 a month. Of course, I call and complain and they drop it to around $140 to keep me happy. I've been a Directv customer for 20 years. And when my current discounts were getting ready to expire, I called them to cancel so I could go with DirectvNOW and Directv satellite dropped my price to $95 for 4 months, and $120 for the next 8 months. I can still quit them, but for now at $95, it's a good deal.

With DirectvNOW, I'd be getting the largest package $70, and I'd be adding the HBO, Cinemax, and showtime added. Total price would be $88. Plus, I can get a free Apple TV 4K out of the deal. (not that I really need it; I have a few Roku's already).

The only thing I'd be losing is ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox network. I don't get locals, so Directv gives me New York and Los Angeles networks. (For an additional cost). DirectvNow doesn't have that option. But my rabbit ears pick up most of the locals if needed.

So, assuming directv satellite kept giving me their normal discounts, DirectvNow would still be on average, about $50 a month cheaper. My only questions are:

Once I make the switch, there's no going back for me. I won't do any more 2 year commitments; I don't want to knock snow off the dish any more in the winter; etc. I have very reliable 100/10mb internet. I don't even know the last time it was down. It's that reliable.

Thoughts? Thanks. Mike

I was in the same exact situation as you are (20 years, $170pm, etc, etc).
The picture quality is better. The audio on most channels is stereo right now but it’s TV not Netflix. Also I think the premiums are multi channel.
The reliability is not as consistent as DTV but getting better. Hoping it stays this way but depends on what region you’re in.
All in all, much better than DTV (which is no Cadillac!).
The DVR is lacking (20 hours storage, quality is lower than live) but it’s beta and free.
Try it for 7 days then go get your free ATV4K which is the best streaming device there is right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike
Sony XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB & 32GB 5th Gen | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2017 | Logitech Harmony Elite
post #2472 of 5143 Old 06-21-2018, 03:40 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks for the feedback. My requirements are pretty basic.

1. I don’t care about dvr. My lifestyle is fast. If I don’t have time to watch it now, then I don’t watch it ever.
2. On the tv side of Directv, I usually watch movie channels, discovery, nat geo type channels, news, etc. rarely ever any network, series, etc. type channels.
3. Couldn’t give a crap about 2/3 of the Directv channels. Need the full package for the channels I want, and Directv doesn’t do a la carte.
4. Wife is similar, except some different channels. She likes the networks, but we can get those OTA.

I still have another month or two of Directv bribing me with $95 a month for everything. That’s not much more than the $88 I’d be paying to replace with directvNow. But when it goes back to $125 a month (I still will have a $50 a month discount until next April), I may still decide to switch.

One thought I had, which isn’t my first choice, is being I’m saving $80 a month for another month, and $50 a month for the next 9 months after, I could go with the smallest directvNow package for $35 a month, get the free Apple TV 4K by paying for 3 months, try it for my normal watching, (use Directv for hbo and stuff NOT on directvNow, and if I don’t like the directvNow after the 3 months, cancel and keep the ATV4K and I still have Directv. If I like it, keep it and cancel the Directv. It’s a thought.

Michael

post #2473 of 5143 Old 06-21-2018, 03:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
- No instant gratification. You can't just turn on the TV and start watching immediately. Always takes nearly a minute after launching the app until something starts playing, if it plays at all.
I usually start watching immediately, maybe a few seconds of buffering, almost never longer.

Sony 65A1E
post #2474 of 5143 Old 06-21-2018, 03:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. My requirements are pretty basic.

1. I don’t care about dvr. My lifestyle is fast. If I don’t have time to watch it now, then I don’t watch it ever.

2. On the tv side of Directv, I usually watch movie channels, discovery, nat geo type channels, news, etc. rarely ever any network, series, etc. type channels.

3. Couldn’t give a crap about 2/3 of the Directv channels. Need the full package for the channels I want, and Directv doesn’t do a la carte.

4. Wife is similar, except some different channels. She likes the networks, but we can get those OTA.

I still have another month or two of Directv bribing me with $95 a month for everything. That’s not much more than the $88 I’d be paying to replace with directvNow. But when it goes back to $125 a month (I still will have a $50 a month discount until next April), I may still decide to switch.

One thought I had, which isn’t my first choice, is being I’m saving $80 a month for another month, and $50 a month for the next 9 months after, I could go with the smallest directvNow package for $35 a month, get the free Apple TV 4K by paying for 3 months, try it for my normal watching, (use Directv for hbo and stuff NOT on directvNow, and if I don’t like the directvNow after the 3 months, cancel and keep the ATV4K and I still have Directv. If I like it, keep it and cancel the Directv. It’s a thought.

Good plan. BTW, after you’re gone from DTV for a few months you’ll start getting offers of $29.99 per month (for six months then regular after that) for their biggest package including HBO and all new of their best equipment. Still not worth it but in the end I predict you’ll be saying to yourself “why did I wait so long to switch” like many of us former long time DTV customers.

Mike
post #2475 of 5143 Old 06-21-2018, 03:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egan View Post
I usually start watching immediately, maybe a few seconds of buffering, almost never longer.

Same here and it’s a faster channel change than what my former DTV satellite was. PS Vue was very slow though.

Mike
post #2476 of 5143 Old 06-21-2018, 03:53 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6526 Post(s)
Liked: 6244
Quote:

Thoughts? Thanks. Mike

You won’t find a consensus outside of people being happy they saved money. You’ll see a mix of posts from people who have many issues (and will be more vocal) and those who do not have as many (happy owners tend to be quiet owners). For me the cost was well worth any issues I have run into. The best thing you can do is sign up for the free trials the OTT services offer. This way you can find out which one works best for you personally. I’ve been happy with DTVN since late last year and haven’t regretted switching from cable yet.
post #2477 of 5143 Old 06-21-2018, 08:01 PM

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Ok this is officially my last night with Directv Now. I don’t understand why it keeps logging me out and I have to sign in every 6 hours. I’m personally blaming net neutrality and google fiber is pissed at me for cancelling tv service with them and they are doing something to make my account sign out. That’s my conspiracy theorist thought of course. Since no one on this forum is experiencing this problem I have no idea what could be the problem and chatting with someone is a hopeless experience. No problems with it signing out on my iOS device. Sorry for the rant and hello YouTube TV.

post #2478 of 5143 Old 06-22-2018, 04:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmizzoufan View Post
Ok this is officially my last night with Directv Now. I don’t understand why it keeps logging me out and I have to sign in every 6 hours. I’m personally blaming net neutrality and google fiber is pissed at me for cancelling tv service with them and they are doing something to make my account sign out. That’s my conspiracy theorist thought of course. Since no one on this forum is experiencing this problem I have no idea what could be the problem and chatting with someone is a hopeless experience. No problems with it signing out on my iOS device. Sorry for the rant and hello YouTube TV.

It’s happened to me three or four times in the last three days. Not enough to switch...yet.

Mike
post #2479 of 5143 Old 06-22-2018, 04:58 AM

DirecTV Now Streaming TV Service

Quote:
It’s happened to me three or four times in the last three days. Not enough to switch...yet.

I decided to try changing my access Id on att website and I changed my password too. It loaded just fine this morning so fingers crossed it continues to work. I actually paid for one month of YouTube TV last night and I’m fairly impressed with the interface although it’s lacking some of the 60fps stations that directv now has. At least it’s reliable though.

post #2480 of 5143 Old 06-22-2018, 05:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I decided to try changing my access Id on att website and I changed my password too. It loaded just fine this morning so fingers crossed it continues to work. I actually paid for one month of YouTube TV last night and I’m fairly impressed with the interface although it’s lacking some of the 60fps stations that directv now has. At least it’s reliable though.

I’m surprised this isn’t happening to more people. Either a bug in the app or something from the network is wiping our credentials.

Mike
post #2481 of 5143 Old 06-22-2018, 08:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Tried the new Ftv Cube yesterday.

Things work a little bit better than the Stick but only if you completely use the Remote.

* I need to return the thing because it has a flaw that kills it for me. The built in Speaker can not be used to listen to music or radio. What it does is try to turn on the tv and/or Soundbar. I listen to Sports Radio late at night and turning on the Tv or Soundbar is NOT something I want. Oddly, the built in sound us much louder than the Dot yet can not be used.

"There you go again..." - Good Ol' R. Reagan's favorite Troll line !
post #2482 of 5143 Old 06-22-2018, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 172
I had issues with Firestick and Fire TV 4k dongle thing. Apple TV works flawless and is amazingly fast. I think anyone having issues with their streaming should do the 3 months under a fake email address to get the Apple TV for cheap and try it again. I keep seeing complaints about speed of this or wait times etc and I have had zero issues unless I try the firestick we still have on another TV.

Sony 75x940e l LG B6 65" | Denon X4000 | Definitive Technology SM65 (L/R) | Definitive Technology Mythos 10 (C) | HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
post #2483 of 5143 Old 06-22-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
I’m surprised this isn’t happening to more people. Either a bug in the app or something from the network is wiping our credentials.

Just got home and sure enough I was greeted with the login screen. There are discussions of this on Reddit too so I know we aren’t the only ones.

post #2484 of 5143 Old 06-22-2018, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Just got home and sure enough I was greeted with the login screen. There are discussions of this on Reddit too so I know we aren’t the only ones.

We’re just lucky I guess.

Mike
post #2485 of 5143 Old 06-22-2018, 03:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 2049 Post(s)
Liked: 1916
Watching NHL draft coverage with no issues on either ATV or Chrome Prod. Fingers crossed.
post #2486 of 5143 Old 06-22-2018, 11:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:

Same experience here in Oregon but only on one of my ATV4Ks. I plan to re-boot it tonight to see if that helps.

edit 6-23 9:04PM----- Had to sign in again tonight less than 24 hours after reboot. Worked ok this morning without having to sign in.

Samsung 75Q7F, ATV4K, Tivo Roamio OTA, RF-20

Last edited by lewlew; 06-23-2018 at 09:07 PM.
post #2487 of 5143 Old 06-23-2018, 07:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Getting effed up recordings again with lots of dropouts, 3 in last 2 days, one was only 24 minutes long out of 60. Was really hoping this was a thing of the past.

Sony 65A1E
post #2488 of 5143 Old 06-23-2018, 08:36 PM
Advanced Member

Suggestion if signing up for directvNow

Well, I took the plunge to sign up with directvNow. I have a bit of advice for anyone if interested.

When you do the sign up process online, do NOT use the PayPal option to pay. I went through the whole process, click here for PayPal, redirected to PayPal, taken care of, took me back to the order form at Directv now, all looked good, and I pressed the submit button. That’s when the Shiite hit the fan.

Got an online message that there was a problem on directvNow side of the process. Please try again.

Well, a minute later, I get an email from PayPal saying I sent the money to directvNow. Obviously I don’t want to try the process again, because it would charge me again. DirectvNow doesn’t have a phone number listed, but they have an online chat. Ok, I’ll give it a try. I try and explain what happened. The guy in chat sees that I built an account with a user name that I gave him. I give him the PayPal transaction number and he says the payment hasn’t processed to them yet. No problem. I can live with that. I tell him my only concern is that because the online order didn’t process, when they do receive the payment, there won’t be an order to go against it. He says no problem. If it can process, it will go back to my PayPal account and I can “Do the order over again”. Ok, now I’m getting a little pi$$ed.

He says I need to wait 24-72 hours to see if the payment processes through. Again, I tell him I’m ok if the payment and service doesn’t start for a couple days, but there’s no order that’s been processed. Even he can’t see an order in the system. So I explain that without an order, they don’t know where to place the money against if they receive it, and they don’t know my account or address to ship the ATV4K or for service. Again, he says if that’s the case, they’ll simply refund the PayPal payment to PayPal.

So I say I want a phone number to call on Monday or Tuesday after their 24-72 hours. He says that’s not possible. They only do online chat support. After enough of me calling BS on this, but reassuring him that I’m not upset with him personally, he speaks with his manager and they take my phone number and promise to call me on a Monday.

For all I know, this will probably all work out ok. My suggestion however is, if you’re going to sign up, just use a regular credit card in the payment option. Don’t try and use PayPal. A credit card will most likely allow the order process to complete like it should. I used PayPal because I didn’t have my wallet on me at that moment, and thought PayPal is an insurance in case I have any billing problems. Worse comes to worse, I know PayPal will back me. They are real good about that. Just recommending people use their credit card and not the PayPal option.

The fact that they don’t have live people to talk to is also a turn off, but I can live with that.

Mike

Michael

post #2489 of 5143 Old 06-24-2018, 01:43 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Wow, if you're looking for better customer service and quick delivery, call your local AT&T Store and see if you can reserve the ATV4K for immediate pickup on this offer.

I did this before the Christmas holidays and had mine same day. Setup account and prepaid DTVN service in store with credit card and walked out with ATV4K and return receipt for $0.00 for the streamer.

I notice the offer info mentions online orders are shipped FedEx in 1 to 2 weeks. May actually ship sooner but if the store is local and they can reserve for immediate in stock pickup, much quicker. My trip wasn't wasted but they only had one in stock. Glad I called first.

I tried the DTVN service before suspending my DirecTV service. I needed a more reliable DVR so I also did trials for YouTube TV, Hulu Live TV, PS Vue and Fubo. All have better and more reliable DVR but I didn't consider DTVN a waste because of the ATV4K offer. Glad I did actually! Plus the wife decided to start her own DTVN account because she mostly watches live and a few available channels and east/west feeds aren't available elsewhere. Even 2 streaming services are cheaper than DirecTV with multiple DVRs but I'd like to get back to one TV provider. I also noticed the electricity bill went down considerably since disconnecting the satellite LNB (dish) and DVRs.

My recording and playback of SyFy the 12 Monkeys last Friday didn't play very well on DTVN. Lost full resolution to down res and audio started dropping out. I had to wait for SyFy western feed on PS Vue to start recording and try again, letting it get ahead long enough to commercial skip. No issues on that DVR playback or its recordings. I do look forward to DTVN DVR improvements and maturity.

I checked out AT&T's WatchTV lineup. To have so many channels at $15 (31 at launch, 6 more coming soon), it sure omits plenty of popular channels. Maybe it suits some looking for cheap TV to supplement over the top services. DTVN lineup is a better fit for our needs though even the base plan still omits a few popular channels steering customers to go big.
https://techcrunch.com/wp-content/up...neup.jpg?w=560

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
post #2490 of 5143 Old 06-24-2018, 06:45 AM

DirecTV Now Streaming TV Service

Another morning being greeted with this. It’s getting old. I really want to love this service but this is a deal breaker. Disabled the TV Provider setting as other suggested and that didn’t help. I can’t stand to chat with support for an hour to get nowhere and be given a $5 credit. YouTube TV is quite nice but doesn’t compare with the video quality of Directv Now.

Last edited by Bigmizzoufan; 06-24-2018 at 06:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Directv , directv now , streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page