Filmstruck - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 Old 12-02-2016, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
robnix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,204
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1011 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Filmstruck

Anyone else using this? Criterion and Turner Classic Movies have created a streaming channel called Filmstruck. Available streaming devices for now are ATV 4 and FireTV. Roku, Chromecast, PS4, and Xbox coming soon.

Looky here!
robnix is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 37 Old 12-03-2016, 07:48 PM
Newbie
 
dennisnyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thumbs down Filmstruck

I originally tried it via an iPhone and Airplay which was the only way I was led to believe I could steam it to my TV....That was inoperable and the slow tech responses were inaccurate - as though they had not tested what they were advocating. There are also myriad complaints of streaming hiccoughs on their Facebook page. As I'm seduced by the library and have the the latest Apple TV I'm waiting to read of success before signing up for an annual membership. Their original offer of a 14 day trial should be re-offered to those who could not utilize the original 14 days because of inoperability! I'd love to hear from any that are having success with the Apple TV app so I can jump on board. I have never utilized a service with so many glitches so I'm pessimistic.
dennisnyc is offline  
post #3 of 37 Old 12-04-2016, 12:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
robnix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,204
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1011 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisnyc View Post
I originally tried it via an iPhone and Airplay which was the only way I was led to believe I could steam it to my TV....That was inoperable and the slow tech responses were inaccurate - as though they had not tested what they were advocating. There are also myriad complaints of streaming hiccoughs on their Facebook page. As I'm seduced by the library and have the the latest Apple TV I'm waiting to read of success before signing up for an annual membership. Their original offer of a 14 day trial should be re-offered to those who could not utilize the original 14 days because of inoperability! I'd love to hear from any that are having success with the Apple TV app so I can jump on board. I have never utilized a service with so many glitches so I'm pessimistic.
Interesting, watched two movies on the Apple TV app today with no issues.

Looky here!
robnix is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 37 Old 12-04-2016, 08:03 AM
Newbie
 
dennisnyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post
Interesting, watched two movies on the Apple TV app today with no issues.
Super!! That's what I was hoping to hear. I'll be curious how it stands up for you this week.
dennisnyc is offline  
post #5 of 37 Old 12-04-2016, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
robnix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,204
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1011 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisnyc View Post
Super!! That's what I was hoping to hear. I'll be curious how it stands up for you this week.
Me too, the movie selection is fantastic and I really like the "Explore" categories. Watched Hard Eight and Downhill Racer without any issue. Image quality was very good, audio was as well. Going to compare some of the Criterion titles on the service later this week with some of the BR's I own.

Looky here!
robnix is offline  
post #6 of 37 Old 12-07-2016, 09:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nathan_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,327
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2724 Post(s)
Liked: 1956
I've streamed a few movies via FireTV stick.

Image quality varies, but some transfers are good. Others are pretty middling (eg, Alice in the Cities) even taking into account the source elements.

Some are better than existing blu rays (eg, Stalker) which is nice.

I am disappointed in the audio. All seems to be two channel dolby digital. That's pretty much the lowest quality possible. Some of their more recent stuff should be at least in 5.1. And even on a 50 year old mono movie, getting a higher quality mono soundtrack would be nice.

If they eventually do an offline option like Amazon, Netflix and Vudu offer, I will be in heaven.
nathan_h is offline  
post #7 of 37 Old 12-07-2016, 09:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nathan_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,327
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2724 Post(s)
Liked: 1956
And I think they do themselves a disservice mentioning TCM at all. My rough estimate is that 95% of what is on TCM the channel is NOT available on Filmstruck. It seems like mostly what Filmstruck has is Criterion stuff plus a deathly dose of other classics (like Cutter's Way) but not a lot of TCM like stuff.

To get TCM stuff one would want to subscribe to the Warners Archive streaming service. It isn't an overlap with current TCM programming, but its mostly the save "vault" from which they draw, IIRC.
nathan_h is offline  
post #8 of 37 Old 02-05-2017, 08:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
puddy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,884
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Liked: 1822
I just saw a post in the TV news thread saying Filmstruck is now compatible with Chromecast. Although comments in the Play Store say it's incompatible with first gen Chromecasts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post
Technology/Media Notes (VOD)
FilmStruck Streams to Google’s Chromecast
By Jeff Baumgartner, Multichannel News - Feb. 3, 2017

FilmStruck, the new SVOD service from Turner for movie aficionados, has expanded its reach by enabling support for the Google Chromecast.

FilmStruck, which launched in November 2016, has also launched apps or support for the Apple TV (fourth generation), Web browsers, Android and iOS mobile devices, and Amazon Fire TV boxes and sticks.

FilmStruck, which has not released subscriber figures, said it will launch on Roku devices and PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles “in the coming months.”

FilmStruck, managed by Turner Classic Movies in partnership with the Criterion Collection, currently sells three subscription tiers – a baseline offering for $6.99 per month, a version that adds The Criterion Channel for $10.99 per month, and an annual subscription of FilmStruck and The Criterion Channel for a discounted rate of $99 per year.

Update: FilmStruck said the retention rate for the service has been "high" in the early going, and that the majority of customers are subscribing to FilmStruck's premium tier.

FilmStruck, currently available only in the U.S., also offers a 14-day free trial to newcomers to the service.

http://www.multichannel.com/news/con...omecast/410651
puddy77 is offline  
post #9 of 37 Old 02-05-2017, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nathan_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,327
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2724 Post(s)
Liked: 1956
Cool news. I'm using it on a Apple TV ver 4 and a FireTV stick.

High quality transfers look good.

I would test the chromecast functionality but I only have a first gen chromeCast.
nathan_h is offline  
post #10 of 37 Old 04-10-2017, 09:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nathan_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,327
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2724 Post(s)
Liked: 1956
Verdict after a few months: Some transfers look fine, sort of DVD quality. A few transfers look excellent (i.e., as good as a 1080 stream on places like Netflix) though of course source material is seldom pristine with older films.

And too many are very poorly encoded. Compare the version of Alice in the Cities on Filmstruck with that on iTunes. Looks like the same source, but the encode on Filmstruck has a lot more noise. Similar situation with The league of Gentlemen (1959). Looks quite decent in iTunes. But the version of Filmstruck has a huge number of blocking artifacts in the encode. I don't just mean a few blocks are visible on high motion scenes. I mean, even simple, slow scenes have encoding issues galore when the lighting is a bit dim or dark.

And, unfortunately, Filmstruck has been pretty responsive about the few things I have contacted them about (mechanics of my subscription) but completely ignores any customer service emails about quality problems with the online catalog.

Which is a shame, because I would keep subscribing if they were able to fix these issues.
nathan_h is offline  
post #11 of 37 Old 04-28-2017, 10:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nathan_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,327
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2724 Post(s)
Liked: 1956
There doesn't seem to be much interest in this service, here. I wonder whether there is another place online people are discussing this service?
nathan_h is offline  
post #12 of 37 Old 04-28-2017, 11:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tenthplanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, West of desert
Posts: 5,821
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2031 Post(s)
Liked: 2833
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
There doesn't seem to be much interest in this service, here. I wonder whether there is another place online people are discussing this service?
There was a little bit over on a Criterion forum. It might be this service is a bit before it's time, seems most people who would like the films tend to be disc orientated.
Warner Archive is in a similar situation, but seems to have a bit of a following. If you like the Thunderstruck service don't be dissuaded, you're a pioneer

"Espresso is like tequila, when in doubt apply more shots."
tenthplanet is offline  
post #13 of 37 Old 04-29-2017, 08:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nathan_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,327
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2724 Post(s)
Liked: 1956
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
There was a little bit over on a Criterion forum. It might be this service is a bit before it's time, seems most people who would like the films tend to be disc orientated.
Warner Archive is in a similar situation, but seems to have a bit of a following. If you like the Thunderstruck service don't be dissuaded, you're a pioneer
I should check out the Criterion forum.

I find the service interesting: Cool idea, but half the encodes leave a lot to be desired....even when the transfers themselves seem find. Simple errors like that are a big turn off.

I'm gonna try the Warner's service. It is a strange selection but that's probably what makes it interesting.

Last edited by nathan_h; 04-29-2017 at 09:11 AM.
nathan_h is offline  
post #14 of 37 Old 08-17-2017, 12:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Trogdor2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 343
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I just tried the service this night, watched the film Master of the House and a short Coda.

I only used the browser version on my PC since I do not own any of the devices supported other than an android phone (which doesn't have MHL support). Video quality isn't nearly as good as netflix was, with some macroblocking and banding, and what made it a deal breaker was the gamma was way too overexposed, making blacks far too bright even with the pillar bars. I'm using a JVC DLA-X3 projector, which is known for deep blacks for a projector, and using the same PC it does not have the gamma problem with youtube videos on the browser, the netflix app from the windows 10 store, or video games. I understand that there isn't a windows store version of filmstruck, or there is app support on the xbox one or PS4 (but I heard they're making a PS4 app for it by the end of the year) I'm wondering whether people using the browser version or running on a streaming box have experienced these issues? My ISP is comcast, and I get 100/10 mbps down/up. If people aren't experiencing these issues, or if video quality is much better on the streaming box versions, I would be more open into checking them out, although an ethernet port is mandatory for me since my router's wi-fi range doesn't reach far enough to my home theater room.
Trogdor2010 is offline  
post #15 of 37 Old 08-17-2017, 06:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
robnix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,204
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1011 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor2010 View Post
I just tried the service this night, watched the film Master of the House and a short Coda.

I only used the browser version on my PC since I do not own any of the devices supported other than an android phone (which doesn't have MHL support). Video quality isn't nearly as good as netflix was, with some macroblocking and banding, and what made it a deal breaker was the gamma was way too overexposed, making blacks far too bright even with the pillar bars. I'm using a JVC DLA-X3 projector, which is known for deep blacks for a projector, and using the same PC it does not have the gamma problem with youtube videos on the browser, the netflix app from the windows 10 store, or video games. I understand that there isn't a windows store version of filmstruck, or there is app support on the xbox one or PS4 (but I heard they're making a PS4 app for it by the end of the year) I'm wondering whether people using the browser version or running on a streaming box have experienced these issues? My ISP is comcast, and I get 100/10 mbps down/up. If people aren't experiencing these issues, or if video quality is much better on the streaming box versions, I would be more open into checking them out, although an ethernet port is mandatory for me since my router's wi-fi range doesn't reach far enough to my home theater room.
I use it on an AppleTV 4 and don't have these types of problems.

Looky here!
robnix is offline  
post #16 of 37 Old 08-17-2017, 07:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nathan_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,327
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2724 Post(s)
Liked: 1956
I watch it on a FireTV and an Apple TV 4 on a 65" flat panel and a 8 foot projection screen with a JVC projector.

Using a computer to play things like you have may introduce additional issues, but I will say that in my experience some titles are horrible and some titles are fine.

Here are some I have reported as bad:

Alice in the Cities
League of Gentlemen

The Player and Foreign Correspondent have some trouble too, though less.

Many other titles are fine/similar to other streaming services.

What it looks like on my 8foot wide screen, when playing the bad titles, is like someone dialed up the sharpness waaaaaay too high, creating noise and blocking that can make a movie unwatchable.

I would say that enough titles are encoded poorly enough that I won't be renewing my subscription until things get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor2010 View Post
I just tried the service this night, watched the film Master of the House and a short Coda.

I only used the browser version on my PC since I do not own any of the devices supported other than an android phone (which doesn't have MHL support). Video quality isn't nearly as good as netflix was, with some macroblocking and banding, and what made it a deal breaker was the gamma was way too overexposed, making blacks far too bright even with the pillar bars. I'm using a JVC DLA-X3 projector, which is known for deep blacks for a projector, and using the same PC it does not have the gamma problem with youtube videos on the browser, the netflix app from the windows 10 store, or video games. I understand that there isn't a windows store version of filmstruck, or there is app support on the xbox one or PS4 (but I heard they're making a PS4 app for it by the end of the year) I'm wondering whether people using the browser version or running on a streaming box have experienced these issues? My ISP is comcast, and I get 100/10 mbps down/up. If people aren't experiencing these issues, or if video quality is much better on the streaming box versions, I would be more open into checking them out, although an ethernet port is mandatory for me since my router's wi-fi range doesn't reach far enough to my home theater room.
nathan_h is offline  
post #17 of 37 Old 08-17-2017, 07:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nathan_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,327
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2724 Post(s)
Liked: 1956
I put on Master of the House for a few minutes (AppleTV 4, wired connection, 20mbps internet service, playing on a 65" 4k Vizio) and I would say it is a little artificially noisy but not as bad as the truly bad titles, and the black bars are the right shade of black. So if you were seeing problems with the letter box side bars being too bright, then it is definitely something about your playback setup.
nathan_h is offline  
post #18 of 37 Old 08-17-2017, 08:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Trogdor2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 343
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
I put on Master of the House for a few minutes (AppleTV 4, wired connection, 20mbps internet service, playing on a 65" 4k Vizio) and I would say it is a little artificially noisy but not as bad as the truly bad titles, and the black bars are the right shade of black. So if you were seeing problems with the letter box side bars being too bright, then it is definitely something about your playback setup.
I was figuring the streaming box versions didn't have this problem, but It does seem like it's an issue with flash in the browser (I don't get why they are using flash instead of something that will remain support such as HTML5), or their implementation of flash with the browser. This issue doesn't affect youtube and netflix, at least both of which are html5. I wouldn't mind figuring out how to fix this with filmstruck.

I was wanting to do it anyways, but I decided to order a refurbished roku 2 (2015) for $35, since filmstruck has a roku app, and it should do the job for me (ethernet port, 1080p playback, 5.1 audio). Worst case if I'm not happy with filmstruck still, I can move it to the living room where I don't have a streaming device and my family doesn't need to take my or my brother-in-law's xbox when we want to watch streaming video.
nathan_h likes this.
Trogdor2010 is offline  
post #19 of 37 Old 10-26-2018, 09:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nathan_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,327
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2724 Post(s)
Liked: 1956
Alas looks like the experiment is over. It really was too good to be true. For the price of three Criterion disks I could stream almost the entire Criterion collection for a year.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/column...ts/102618-1300
nathan_h is offline  
post #20 of 37 Old 10-27-2018, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
robnix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,204
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1011 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
Alas looks like the experiment is over. It really was too good to be true. For the price of three Criterion disks I could stream almost the entire Criterion collection for a year.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/column...ts/102618-1300
I'm sad, this was one of my favorite channels. I'll miss not just the movies but all then bonus content. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come and that channels like Shudder and Mubi can continue on.

Looky here!
robnix is offline  
post #21 of 37 Old 10-29-2018, 10:30 AM
Member
 
Wayne Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Problems with cable providers?

TCM is paid by the cable and satellite companies, and of course this cost is passed on to cable and satellite customers. The TCM part of Filmstruck is basically an improved version of the TCM that is on cable and satellite. This means it has competed with the cable and satellite companies. I wonder if the cable and satellite companies pressured TCM to kill off the competition that Filmstruck offered. This competition may also explain why the word "Filmstruck" was used instead of something like TCM Select. If the service was titled "TCM Select" it seems that it would have a better chance of catching on in the marketplace.

Before Filmstruck, the Criterion Collection was on Hulu; that is the only reason I ever subscribed to Hulu. Hopefully Criterion will go somewhere else.

Filmstruck started in November, 2016 and I had it before that because I was a beta tester. It was a perfect way to learn about film history and how films are made.
Wayne Z is offline  
post #22 of 37 Old 10-29-2018, 12:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nathan_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,327
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2724 Post(s)
Liked: 1956
For most of the services life there were so few TCM-type movies on Filmstruck that it seems unlikely that was the conflict, though anything is possible.

I'd guess that all the original content and curation was expensive, and the ROI was not clear, and that the next iteration will be less focused on creating less original content.

Or maybe someone made an offer to license the Criterion Collection for streaming that was more lucrative than FilmStruck's revenue!
nathan_h is offline  
post #23 of 37 Old 03-28-2019, 12:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tenthplanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, West of desert
Posts: 5,821
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2031 Post(s)
Liked: 2833
Criterion Channel relaunches on April 8th...I signed up and put my money where my mouth is, I think as an independent website they'll be around for awhile.

"Espresso is like tequila, when in doubt apply more shots."
tenthplanet is offline  
post #24 of 37 Old 03-28-2019, 04:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
robnix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,204
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1011 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
Criterion Channel relaunches on April 8th...I signed up and put my money where my mouth is, I think as an independent website they'll be around for awhile.
Same, I'm very happy about this.
tenthplanet likes this.

Looky here!
robnix is offline  
post #25 of 37 Old 03-29-2019, 05:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nathan_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,327
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2724 Post(s)
Liked: 1956
I recall that FIlmstruck was working on an offline mode (ie, for use when on an airplane or otherwise without a network connection) before their untimely demise.

Has Criterion mentioned pursuing this for their service and apps?
nathan_h is offline  
post #26 of 37 Old 03-29-2019, 08:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tenthplanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, West of desert
Posts: 5,821
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2031 Post(s)
Liked: 2833
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
I recall that FIlmstruck was working on an offline mode (ie, for use when on an airplane or otherwise without a network connection) before their untimely demise.

Has Criterion mentioned pursuing this for their service and apps?
Not yet, apps will become available for devices by/on April 8th. I'll suspect we'll hear more when things are up and running on streaming devices.
nathan_h likes this.

"Espresso is like tequila, when in doubt apply more shots."

Last edited by tenthplanet; 03-31-2019 at 03:01 PM.
tenthplanet is offline  
post #27 of 37 Old 03-29-2019, 08:05 PM
Member
 
jamesyates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Filmstruck was too good to be true. I have missed it dearly the past months. Hopefully, criterion will be able to survive. It looks like they will have content from nearly the same film libraries as filmstruck (including warner). Not sure why filmstruck could of not just merged into criterion. They will loose a lot of people from filmstruck who had learned to live life without it. fingers crossed.
jamesyates is offline  
post #28 of 37 Old 03-30-2019, 10:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nathan_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,327
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2724 Post(s)
Liked: 1956
FilmStruck was owned by a different company and shut down quite unexpectedly.

I’m actually surprised Criterion was able to get up and running as quickly as they appear to be doing.
nathan_h is offline  
post #29 of 37 Old 04-03-2019, 10:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tenthplanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, West of desert
Posts: 5,821
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2031 Post(s)
Liked: 2833
Per Criterion Channel email...received today

On Monday, you’ll be able to download apps for Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire, iOS, and Android phones and tablets in addition to desktop and mobile web browsers. You’ll find previous Movies of the Week on the service along with more than 1,000 other films, hundreds of special features, and the original programming we’ll be highlighting every day.
Ben23 likes this.

"Espresso is like tequila, when in doubt apply more shots."
tenthplanet is offline  
post #30 of 37 Old 04-15-2019, 07:42 AM
Senior Member
 
Ben23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 444
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
Per Criterion Channel email...received today

On Monday, you’ll be able to download apps for Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire, iOS, and Android phones and tablets in addition to desktop and mobile web browsers. You’ll find previous Movies of the Week on the service along with more than 1,000 other films, hundreds of special features, and the original programming we’ll be highlighting every day.
They're advertising a 14 day free trial on their website. Will definitely have to partake in that at some point once I can form a game plan of movies to watch. They have so much stuff I've wanted to check out over the years, but collecting their stuff is quite expensive. This is really cool news!
tenthplanet likes this.
Ben23 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off