Zappiti 4K HDR (Mini, One, Duo) Thread - Page 113 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 607Likes

post #3361 of 3376 Old 05-18-2020, 09:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macroblocker View Post
Thanks, Macroblocker. After upgrading to v3.15 Zappiti Video is not upconverting to 4K even though I've specific 2160 in the Display Settings. I'm also seeing video stutter during playback of files that never exhibited stutter before. After re-reading the Update Instructions, I realized I did not perform the Factory Restore after the update. I have now done the Factory Restore but the "splash" screen (i.e. Video, Explorer, etc.) has reverted to the old Red theme screen, rather than the White & Gray. I've reached out to Zappiti Support, but due to the time difference it'll likely be a few days before I hear back. Have any of you run into this problem after updating? Do you always perform the Factory Restore after an update?
Thanks in advance.

Good Viewing,John G  JVC DLA-X790 Projector, Vutec 110" (16x9) Bright White Screen, Panasonic DP-UB420, Zappiti Mini4K HDR, Zidoo Z9s, Synology DS418 NAS, Yamaha RX-A2070 AVR, Toshiba 1250 NTSC-PAL Region Free BR Player, 7 Paradigm Reference spkrs w Dual Subs,   & Yamaha 6600 External Amp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3362 of 3376 Old 05-18-2020, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I have not done a factory reset after upgrading to 3.15, and everything seems ok, except for the bitrate info that rarely works. Now I'm not sure if I should do a reset! I don't remember if it takes a long time to re-enter all the settings...

Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk
post #3363 of 3376 Old 05-18-2020, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by johng View Post
I have now done the Factory Restore but the "splash" screen (i.e. Video, Explorer, etc.) has reverted to the old Red theme screen, rather than the White & Gray. I've reached out to Zappiti Support, but due to the time difference it'll likely be a few days before I hear back. Have any of you run into this problem after updating? Do you always perform the Factory Restore after an update?
Thanks in advance.
Press the delete button on the remote and it will revert back to grey

Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3364 of 3376 Old 05-18-2020, 11:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Yiassemis View Post
Press the delete button on the remote and it will revert back to grey

Andy
WOW! That worked. Thanks, Andy!

Good Viewing,John G  JVC DLA-X790 Projector, Vutec 110" (16x9) Bright White Screen, Panasonic DP-UB420, Zappiti Mini4K HDR, Zidoo Z9s, Synology DS418 NAS, Yamaha RX-A2070 AVR, Toshiba 1250 NTSC-PAL Region Free BR Player, 7 Paradigm Reference spkrs w Dual Subs,   & Yamaha 6600 External Amp
post #3365 of 3376 Old 05-18-2020, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by johng View Post
Thanks, Macroblocker. After upgrading to v3.15 Zappiti Video is not upconverting to 4K even though I've specific 2160 in the Display Settings. I'm also seeing video stutter during playback of files that never exhibited stutter before. After re-reading the Update Instructions, I realized I did not perform the Factory Restore after the update. I have now done the Factory Restore but the "splash" screen (i.e. Video, Explorer, etc.) has reverted to the old Red theme screen, rather than the White & Gray. I've reached out to Zappiti Support, but due to the time difference it'll likely be a few days before I hear back. Have any of you run into this problem after updating? Do you always perform the Factory Restore after an update?
Thanks in advance.
I am happy with 3.15 - none of the problems that you have. I always have done a factory reset as per the instructions on their firmware page. My Pro feeds direct into my LG C7 OLED.
post #3366 of 3376 Old 05-18-2020, 01:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schafheide View Post
I am happy with 3.15 - none of the problems that you have. I always have done a factory reset as per the instructions on their firmware page. My Pro feeds direct into my LG C7 OLED.
After performing the factory reset, my mini-4K HDR is properly upconverting 1080p video to 2180p. I'll need to watch a few titles to determine if the stutter has gone away, but I'm hopeful. Thank you.
Macroblocker likes this.

post #3367 of 3376 Old 05-18-2020, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Anyone know why I don't see this option to select or deselect the option for a Blu-Ray menu? I saw someone review the pro player..and it had this option. I don't see this on my 4K SE! I'm on the current firmwar
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 1.35.19 PM.png
Views:	80
Size:	999.5 KB
ID:	2728752  
post #3368 of 3376 Old 05-18-2020, 03:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancjodanc View Post
Anyone know why I don't see this option to select or deselect the option for a Blu-Ray menu? I saw someone review the pro player..and it had this option. I don't see this on my 4K SE! I'm on the current firmwar
I see this pop-up on my mini when I play a file of a ripped blu-ray with options. It's been there for a few years, at least.

post #3369 of 3376 Old 05-20-2020, 06:19 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi Guys,

Any of you know how one can make the 4K HDR One SE automatically switch on the 3D signal in the 3D SBS (full and half) mkv files. With the Popcorn Hour A400 this was easy, it was enough to have the .3DSBS.mkv in the name. With the Zappiti this is not working, and I can't find any information on this in the ZP website.

It's a pain in the *** to have to press the 3D button in the ZP RC and the 3D in the TV RC.

Thanks for the help
post #3370 of 3376 Old 05-20-2020, 07:11 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancjodanc View Post
It's still there, but might be in a different location. Open Zappiti Video. Press “Menu” on remote. Scroll to Settings. Scroll to Hammer and Wrench icon (as in your picture). Select. Then scroll down to Blu Ray Menus
post #3371 of 3376 Old 05-22-2020, 09:01 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Anyone here use their Zappiti with a Trinnov Altitude Pre/Pro? I played a move with Atmos, MKV. The Altitude reads it as Dolby True HD, from the Zappiti player. I have to select a surround format, Dolby Surround, Auro, etc.....then it changes to Atmos/True HD. I play the entire movie in Atmos. Then watched a movie in DTS-MA. Then went to a different Atmos Movie...and the same thing. The window on the Trinnov reads True HD, until I select a surround format..then it switches to Atmos...which of course, does not allow for a surround format. Anyone else experience this issue with a Zappiti Player? I have already left this message in the Trinnov forum
post #3372 of 3376 Old 05-23-2020, 03:27 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Looking for some help getting my new One 4K HDR to play from my Synology NAS (1618+). I've set up Zappiti server on my NAS and have Zappiti Video working on my PC. I can access and play videos using explorer on my Zappiti player, but when I use Zappiti video I get an error message that my shared folder is not accessible. Had everything working previously with my old Dune B1 and my old server, but can't seem to get the new player to play from my NAS. Any thoughts on what could be causing the issue?
trammer likes this.
post #3373 of 3376 Old 05-23-2020, 07:35 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 4062 Post(s)
Liked: 3381
Quote:
Originally Posted by murxy87 View Post
Looking for some help getting my new One 4K HDR to play from my Synology NAS (1618+). I've set up Zappiti server on my NAS and have Zappiti Video working on my PC. I can access and play videos using explorer on my Zappiti player, but when I use Zappiti video I get an error message that my shared folder is not accessible. Had everything working previously with my old Dune B1 and my old server, but can't seem to get the new player to play from my NAS. Any thoughts on what could be causing the issue?
Sounds as though the Zappiti service in the NAS is not set up correctly.

Here's the detailed step by step on installation for the NAS:
https://zappiti.uservoice.com/knowle...-new-procedure
post #3374 of 3376 Old 05-25-2020, 03:34 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitorsimao View Post
Hi Guys,

Any of you know how one can make the 4K HDR One SE automatically switch on the 3D signal in the 3D SBS (full and half) mkv files. With the Popcorn Hour A400 this was easy, it was enough to have the .3DSBS.mkv in the name. With the Zappiti this is not working, and I can't find any information on this in the ZP website.

It's a pain in the *** to have to press the 3D button in the ZP RC and the 3D in the TV RC.

Thanks for the help

After talking with the Zappiti support regarding this, it seems it is a non-existing feature (for now). They are willing to implement this feature if the suggestion (which I've created in the user forum) gets enough votes. Hope I'm not the only one who thinks this would be very handy..
post #3375 of 3376 Old 05-26-2020, 10:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by murxy87 View Post

The Zappiti player cannot use SMB3 . Go to your Synology File Services, The first tab SMB etc, show the SMB settings, go to advanced . and set maximum SMB to SMB2 and Minimum to SMB1, click apply. Restart the Synology and the Zappiti should recognize the NAS and allow you to sign in.

John

Last edited by netroamer; 05-26-2020 at 04:18 PM.
post #3376 of 3376 Old Yesterday, 12:21 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hey, I’m hoping someone might be able to help with a problem I’m having.

I purchased a One SE 4K HDR and it arrived yesterday. I also bought a WD Blue 6TB HDD as it was listed as compatible on the Zappiti website. I formatted the HDD as per the instructions on their website, created the ‘Movies’ and ‘TV Shows’ folders and added some MKV files. However when I either insert the HDD into the internal bay OR attach it via USB the Zappiti won’t recognise that there is any content on the drive.

When slotted into the internal bay it won’t even see the drive at all, however when plugged in via USB it sees the drive but won’t show the subfolders or it’s contents.

I have tried another drive I had laying around (with some pictures on) and I can view all of its contents in the players ‘MediaBrowser’ app......but it just refuses to play nicely with my new 6TB drive.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any suggestions on a fix?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page